Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,982 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri - Politics (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri (104084 Views)

How Nigerian Soldiers At The Battlefield Communicate With Their Commanders. PICS / The 92 Armed Herdsmen Arrested By Soldiers At Check-points (Photos) / How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by zendy: 4:07pm On Apr 27, 2015
1stola:

CHAI!!!
Ibo man and greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed undecided
so na ss oil enter una eyes b4 una include ss for biafra abi?
smh

All 5 Igbo States have oil and Anambra,Imo and Abia are already Oil producing states so I'm not sure what you are talking about

3 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by ValentineMary(m): 4:13pm On Apr 27, 2015
omonnakoda:
They were defeated almost immediately. Ojukwu in his pride chose to play games with civilian lives and refused to surrender.Thank God the Nigerian Army were professional and not inclined to genocide
you talk a lot of rubbish because u don't read books. If u do read, u would have read about the genocide Nigerian military men commited in Asaba, Awka, Port Harcourt, Onitsha etc. Pls don't start talking non sense like my 2 year old cousin.

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by ValentineMary(m): 4:24pm On Apr 27, 2015
And for those talking nonsense due to thier alarming high level of ignorance, let me educate you a little. This men fought 2 men to 1 gun yet they held off the Nigerian, Egyptian, USA, Russian etc military for about 3 years. They made thier own guns, bombs, telecommunication system, war ships, rockets etc from scrape metals (something Nigerian army has never and can never do). These skinny hungry men were regarded as the most advanced black nation in technology within those 3 years. Even an American journalist once said "It was in Biafra I saw Africans truely in charge". Lets now imagine what would have happened if the wicked Awolowo had not blocked the bouders and they had enough food or if Biafra had foreign aid from other nations, then by now not even a living cell would be found in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Paschal55(m): 4:43pm On Apr 27, 2015
baybeeboi:
they look like underfed Kenyans/Ethiopians.
How this ones wan take win war?
Bro sit back and watch how theynwill win the war come.....only time shall tell...

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by baybeeboi: 5:04pm On Apr 27, 2015
Paschal55:
Bro sit back and watch how theynwill win the war come.....only time shall tell...
you mean you goin to start another war or the one Ojukwu ran away from is still on?
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by kay1one2(m): 5:33pm On Apr 27, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
Now, they will claim say na awolowo starve them. Shey the people wey i dey see so no dey starve before? grin grin

Yeye people.

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by DeeMain(m): 6:25pm On Apr 27, 2015
teeowl:
It pisses me off when Igbos look at the Biafran campaign with pride!

* Look guys, [size=14pt]Ojukwu was a bloody bastard![/size]

* His singular actions lead to death of over 1 million Igbo civilians.

* He killed his own high ranking soldiers because they were Negotiating a deal with the British to surrender to Nigeria - because they wanted to prevent the incoming civilian deaths that they for-saw.

* Innocent Igbo men and women that were NOT in support of the war died.

* Biafran soldiers that were NOT previously in the Nigerian Army suffered for the rest of their lives... amputated arms and legs and all.

* [size=14pt]Ojukwu ran like a coward to Ivory Coast[/size]... why did the brave "Igbo" leader NOT fight and die with his soldiers like King Leonidas of Sparta?

* A lot of Igbo civilians wanted a diplomatic solution to the tension that was happening after the first ever coup (the Igbo Majors coup) in Nigeria.

* I remember an Igbo man (during my IT) who told me that his father (he was NEVER in support of the war - he had too much to lose) was a palm kernel farmer and exporter and lost ALL his money that he buried in their palm kernel farm, simply because the currency was changed and during the war they could not go and change the money in a bank outside the Eastern region.

* If you objectively look at the origin of the problem and Ojukwu's action, you would know that Biafra was a mistake and Ojukwu's ambition and stupidity caused the death of Innocent Igbo babies, children, women and men that had no say in whether they wanted war or not

* Did Ojukwu consult with the whole Eastern region and Igbo nation before he decided to secede and declare war? NO NO NO... the bastard (Ojukwu) did not... it was not all the Igbo's and South easterners that were in support of the war!

* Igbos, please stop hailing/praising the Biafra war or Ojukwu... PLEASE!

* Some mother fvckers would be shouting war as if war is a beautiful thing.... have you seen your friend or brother die in front of you because of a knife wound? Multiply the pain by a million times, then you get the feeling of what war can do to you!

* Do you know what it feels like to see your own baby die in your presence? Answer me... f00lish Ojukwu and Biafra worshipers! Thousands of Igbo mothers saw their babies and children die in their very presence!

And your point is? Are you Igbo? How dare you tell a people how to feel about a hurt? How disrespectful?

Nigeria number 1 citizen, Aguiyi Ironsi, is murdered in the revenge coup and it wasn't enough revenge. An entire generation of Igbo officers were then wiped off in the revenge coup and it wasn't still enough revenge? These were not enough revenge for the north/Nigeria?

Igbos then deeply felt Nigeria really wanted to wipe them off after the 3- month pogrom in which over 100, 000 Igbo civilians had been killed all over the North and other parts of the country without government protection. A weak Gowon government had even announced he could not guarantee their safety. Who does that?

When the mantra was kill the Igbos because they are the problem of Nigeria, how exactly did you want them to react?

Do you punish an entire tribe for the sins of a few soldiers? Only in Nigeria!

With what happened in Asaba (GENOCIDE), How dare u blame the rest of the Igbo nation for fighting to the last man?

Read this quote:

"There has been genocide on the occasion of the 1966 massacres, the region between the towns of Benin and Asaba where only widows and orphans remain, federal troops having, for unknown reasons, massacred all the men" (Paris Le Monde, 5th April, 1968).

Now, read this:

I want to see no Red Cross, no Caritas, no World Council of Churches, no Pope, no missionary and no UN delegation. I want to prevent even one Ibo from having even one piece to eat before their capitulation. We shoot at everything that moves and when our troops march into the centre of Ibo territory, we shoot at everything even at things that do not move, "
( Benjamin Adekunle. Commander, 3rd Marine Commando Division, Nigerian Army to French radio reporter). ",

And read the meanest:
"Let us go and crush them. We will pillage their property, despoil their womenfolk, kill off their menfolk and leave them uselessly weeping. We will complete the pogrom of 1966"
(The theme song of Radio Kaduna, government-controlled, 1967-1970).

Now this war to the Igbo was: fight a people that hate you or be slaughtered to the last man. This was the psychology of that war from the Biafran perspective. It was not about Ojukwu. This was why men fought with sticks against bombs. It was about survival. And it's why Ojukwu is a hero. He had many flaws but defending the Igbo nation was not one of them.

So why cry more than the bereaved?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Heffalump(m): 6:39pm On Apr 27, 2015
joeyfire:

Hogwash. They bled the NA silly almost unarmed. Till today the FG hasn't been bold enough to give a figure of the number of Nigerian troops killed in the war

NO VICTOR! NO VANQUISHED!!

We are Nigerians!!!
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by ezeagu(m): 8:07pm On Apr 27, 2015
The brave shall not be forgotten.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by teufelein(f): 10:34pm On Apr 27, 2015
ATTENTION! ATTENTION!! ATTENTION!!! INDIGENOUS PEOPLE OF BIAFRA (IPOB) FRIENDS OF BIAFRA(FOB) AND ENEMIES OF BIAFRA(EOB)...
THE PM EDITION OF OUR DAILY GOSPEL/RADIO BIAFRA LIVE BROADCAST OF THE 27TH/04/2015 IS ON NOW!!! WITH OUR EMINENT HOST AND DIRECTOR OF RADIO BIAFRA Nnamdi Kanu FROM A DISCRETE LOCATION IN BIAFRA LAND.....
You can Listen via any of the following listening post: For those living in Igweocha/PH axis, tune in to 88.0Fm. For others living in the following areas: Nkwerre, Nwangele, ikeduru, Mbaise, Ideato, Ntigha Ngwa, Owerri, Etiti, Mbano, Okigwe, Orlu, Nnewi, Ozubulu, Oraifite, Ihiala, Asaba, Ibusa, Okpanam, Ogwuashi-Uku, Isele- Uku, Igbanke, Onitsha-Ugbo, Ubulu-Uku, Agbor, Warri, Benin, Aba, Onitsha, Umuahia, Enugu, Awkuzu, Nkpor, Okija, Orba, Ogbaru, Awka and its environ...kindly tune in to CHK 97.6 BIAFRA FM......For others living outside the above mentioned locations kindly join us via internet by clicking on any of the following links:
www.forum.radiobiafra.co, radiobiafra.co, ipob.co, http://tunein.com/radio/Radio-Biafra-s225376/
http://www.radioforest.net/radio/radio-biafra/688339
www.rblworld.tv....www.biafratelevision.co.....www.radioforest.net...
www.biafratv.co....www.ipob.org....www.biafravoice.com...
www.peopleofbiafra.org and www.radiobiafra.co.
You can also listen via the following satellites: Amos 2, 4 and 5 satellite, Arabsat, Daarsat and Eutelsat......as well as any free to air decoder.
Do not lose faith if your location is not connected via FM yet as director is doing all he can to ensure that other parts of biafra land starts listening via FM transistor as well.
Numbers to call during broadcast are 08173813596, 09021507326 and +442081339976. Whatsapp/Viber line is +447831308376. You can also call radiobiafra or radiobiafra1 via Skype.
Invite your family and friends to tune in and listen to an unadulterated Gospel....one you can never get from the corrupt yoruba media, pervaded and enshrewed with lies/brown envelope journalism. Here you have the opportunity of learning your true heritage and what it means to be a biafran.
‪#‎eziokwubundu‬......‪#‎udo‬

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by sethken: 11:36pm On Apr 27, 2015
Aigbofa:

It is a blatant lie that Biafra held Nigeria at bay for three years. Biafra was finished almost immediately, the rest was a waiting game and skirmishes that saw millions die of hunger and eventual capitulation.

You are just making conclusory statements with no facts to back it up. Your comment above is analogous to calling me a thief. I gave you facts. You have nothing to offer.
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 12:46am On Apr 28, 2015
sethken:

You are just making conclusory statements with no facts to back it up. Your comment above is analogous to calling me a thief. I gave you facts. You have nothing to offer.

Please watch this documentary particularly parts two and three you will get your answers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7qQdZ9nzbI

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 1:11am On Apr 28, 2015
vickerz:

im not a broke guy, i just pity how a low life like u, with nothing to be proud of rant on social media,

JUST bleeped UR IGBO SISTER TONIGHT, AND GUESS WAT I PAID HER 400 BUCKS..

cheap mofos..

go back to ur CREEKS
Keep dreaming of fvcking igbo girlsgrin,NO IGBO GIRL i know for money much fvcking a broke ass nigg*ar like thee.UR LIFE SAVINGS PLUS THAT OF UR ANCESTORS CNT EVEN MAINTAIN AN IGBO CHICK FOR A WEEK.that girl u claimed to bleep was tolani from ibadan who lied to u tht she was igbo to fulfill ur fantasies,mugu.u even lied bout paying her 400naira lol when ur mates spend millions bleeping high class ashewos.ur really cheap smh.CHEAP BUYER,CHEAP SELLER.
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 28, 2015
CheeNayNay:
Keep dreaming of fvcking igbo girlsgrin,NO IGBO GIRL i know for money much fvcking a broke ass nigg*ar like thee.UR LIFE SAVINGS PLUS THAT OF UR ANCESTORS CNT EVEN MAINTAIN AN IGBO CHICK FOR A WEEK.that girl u claimed to bleep was tolani from ibadan who lied to u tht she was igbo to fulfill ur fantasies,mugu.u even lied bout paying her 400naira lol when ur mates spend millions bleeping high class ashewos.ur really cheap smh.CHEAP BUYER,CHEAP SELLER.

blame ur igbo sister for being soo cheap
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by wexyee: 8:55am On Apr 28, 2015
Billyonaire:
Admit that you are a loser on the loose.
i don't brag on what i have ...people do that for me... i don't come here and brag dat am a millionaire Cus i don't see it as anything.... but ur comment is all about how u re richer than anyone in nairaland... I'm sure u re not in any way rich.... i know ur type
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by gunnersjohn(m): 2:35pm On Apr 28, 2015
cupid1:
see your mouth, Nigeria had about 5 countries including US and Russia while biafra had only Isreal providing weapons for them

So Israel equipped your soldiers with sticks? See your sheepish mentality.
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 6:28pm On Apr 28, 2015
vickerz:

blame ur igbo sister for being soo cheap
blame urself for being broke
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 12:20pm On Apr 29, 2015
gunnersjohn:

So Israel equipped your soldiers with sticks? See your sheepish mentality.
i don't usually insult people but the stupidity you exhibited in your last post quite nerve-jarring considering the fact that it came from a bi-ped who claims to have higher thinking faculties. Did you bother to check the contents of my convo with dat guy ? We were actually talking about why Biafra lost the war
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by PussyKrook: 3:01pm On May 13, 2015
CheeNayNay:
see dis dyslexic monkey!!ur pple are the biggest parasites in nigeria,do u know how much we spend on funds on ur region treating cholera,measles,polio,IVF,malaria nd even education and hunger alleviation funds.bokoharam biatchh,u pple are the biggest setback of nigeria.
celebrate having the priviledge to have this lil chit chat with me,bloody obnoxious product of a cattle rearer.its obvious u lack respect cos ur parents dint teach u manners nd sold u off to marriage at age 10 to become a sexslave to ur old cattle rearer husband.how much where u bought lemme refund ur husband nd liberate u from sex slavery ??
*this convo is over,now be a good fourth wive nd go and cook for aboki grin

Now, this is what I call poetic ignorance. Keep bringing em
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by PussyKrook: 3:03pm On May 13, 2015
Halimi24:
why did u jst regurgitate ur family history like dis??
Na so my post pain u??
If I want 200 igbos dead in my area dis nite
It can be done
So watch ur mouth girl

Now my poetic, I don't agree with u on this. But keep the good ones coming
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by frisky2good(m): 12:28pm On May 26, 2015
Where are the soldiers?
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Hobat(m): 12:35pm On May 26, 2015
If there shuld be war again....... I really wonder how It will be like, may GOD help us from our bad leaders who want to co war n fly with there families abroud.
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by zendy: 7:18am On May 27, 2015
Everydaeguy:
I'm an igbo to the core buh honestly speaking,ojukwu failed us,all that was done to bring peace between him and gowon was futile,how can u start a war ucnt finish..subjecting the civilians to a gruesome attack by the nigerian soldiers...all the 3years of blood shed is on his head...Ojukwu was not n is not a hero...full stop..

Who told you Ojukwu started any war? That's how you people distort history. Do you know that Ojukwu went to Ghana and signed a peace treaty with Gowon right in front of the President of Ghana so that there would be no war but Gowon went back to Nigeria and broke the agreement. Ojukwu declared Biafra not war and he only did this after watching over 30,000 easterners,men,women and children butchered in cold blood. It was Gowon that declared war not Ojukwu. If anything,Ojukwu did over and above what was required of him to prevent war. Ojukwu is the only Igbo man who has ever fought for his people and that's why he remains a hero forever amongst his people not minding the suffering and death that occurred. All of that was the price of freedom. Sometimes in life,you don't fight because you are sure you will win,you fight because of dignity because without it,you might as well be dead anyway.
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by cheruv: 6:21pm On May 27, 2015
Rotimi47:
Not true, the Igbo's were supplied with top of the range sophisticated weapons & they were also supported by 5 other countries not to mention lots of machineries also fighting on there side; Igbo's claimed the built tanks etc but it not true as what they did was weld steel plates round tractors & fix guns on them, while the major reason they fought well & survived long was because a Yoruba man named Banjo was the one leading them into battle and the reason the lost was their invasion of a Yoruba town called Ore in Onfo State which made the Yoruba's to join the military in large numbers to fight Biafra & that was were the Igbo's suffered their highest casualties & a great turning point in the civil war; Also note that Banjo adviced Ojukwu against invading Ore Info State when Ojukwu instructed him to move forward to do so but after the were pushed back buy federal troops & Banjo was still getting more popular, Ojukwu framed him up & killed him, immediately the biafran ranks crumbled & they stated losing battles after battles & Ojukwu fleed leaving his people behind: True leaders fight with their people to the end & if they must surrender they surrender for their interest. The invasion of Yoruba land & the killing of Banjo a Yoruba man who is a good military tactician who choose to fight on the side of the Igbo & Ojukwu his boss who he loved & trusted with his life. I rest my case as this is what really happened during the civil war not all the lies & Biafran propaganda all over the place. Igbo's should learn to dialogue & make Yoruba's see reason why they must go to form their Biafra as its only possible for Nigeria to separate if the Yoruba's don't believe in Nigeria anymore. No threats from the south south or south east can separate Nigeria only constructive dialogue can. Biafra can not win another civil war even with the help of south south but dialogue can give you a free Biafra but to get people to listen to you, Igbo's must stop all their tribalism.
GRADE: F
COMMENT: though the essay was long,the student was busy talking nonsense!
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by kettykin: 2:53pm On Jun 28, 2015
If these set of young lackeys training with sticks and fighting with the war with little or no weapons kept a well armed nigerian military on its toes backed by soviet union, Britain Egypt ,chad, Sudan, Arab world and OAU destroying 3 divisions of the nigerian army then a well armed biafran army would have wiped out nigeria from the face of the map.
My suggestion to IPOB is if you don't have the backing of Russia and America then don't toe the line of war.
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by chernest2002: 6:16pm On Jun 28, 2015
Biafra boys tried taken on the world powers in a conventional war for thirty months.
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by 2ruink(m): 7:13pm On Jun 28, 2015
ednut1:
na training na. hv u heard of the ogbunigwe ehn grin. i love ojukwu he fought to the end ( oops he enter plane run )
At least Ojukwu did not take rat poison like awolowo.
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by OreMI22: 7:49pm On Jun 28, 2015
ludamix:
Pictured are Biafra "soldiers" undergoing routine drills at a military training camp near Owerri in August 1968 during the Civil War. After the Igbos claimed to have suffered through years of suppression under Nigeria’s military government, the breakaway state of Biafra proclaimed its independence from Nigeria which led to the infamous war between Nigeria and Biafra in July 1967.

Photo Credit: AP

[size=15pt]My brothers and sisters,
I just want to comment on the Biafra issue briefly.
We must commit and renounce the use of force to actualize our demand.We reject the use of armed struggle in the Biafra independence request. I know just like me, many of our people are not 100% convinced Biafra is the answer, while many others already are.

Therefore, we should agitate for a UN sponsored referendum on the Biafra issue .
Northern Ireland fought the British for 30 years for the independence of Northern Ireland, but the referendum proved that majority of the people wanted to stay in the UK. Likewise, the South Sudan's referendum proved majority of South Sudanese wanted to be in their own country.

Therefore, a United Nations sponsored referendum should be the demand to see if majority of our people support independence or to stay in Nigeria.
[/size]
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by annayawchee: 5:55pm On Jul 14, 2015
just observing......

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 26, 2015
ValentineMary:
And for those talking nonsense due to thier alarming high level of ignorance, let me educate you a little. This men fought 2 men to 1 gun yet they held off the Nigerian, Egyptian, USA, Russian etc military for about 3 years. They made thier own guns, bombs, telecommunication system, war ships, rockets etc from scrape metals (something Nigerian army has never and can never do). These skinny hungry men were regarded as the most advanced black nation in technology within those 3 years. Even an American journalist once said "It was in Biafra I saw Africans truely in charge". Lets now imagine what would have happened if the wicked Awolowo had not blocked the bouders and they had enough food or if Biafra had foreign aid from other nations, then by now not even a living cell would be found in Nigeria.
which other military are u mentioning
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by REUEL95: 2:25pm On Nov 02, 2015
All of you insulting them cos of their statue and the sticks they're carrying should stop for a moment to think. they could hold of the Nigerian Army who had foreign help for more than two year with just sticks and a few Awka made Guns, just imagine what they could have done with real arms. I rep Biafra- Land Of The Rising Sun
c ur SELF, everytin about this biafra sef na igborila made buy gun u no buy, na stick aba fake gun u dey use, u come fabricate 'land of the risin sun' u be japan??
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by omonnakoda: 3:21pm On Nov 02, 2015
Many of these guys were conscripts and on their first day would often shoot themselves in the hand or arm to secure a medical discharge. A large number engaged in taking food from civilians by force and raping vulnerable Eboe women. These are well documented facts .So much for Eboe bravery

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Florence Ajimobi And Rauf Olaniyan In Exchange Of Words (video) / Ademola Adeleke's WAEC Result & Testimonial Released By Ede Muslim High School / Abba Kyari And Geoffrey Onyeama In The 70s (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.