Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,452 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri (104244 Views)

How Nigerian Soldiers At The Battlefield Communicate With Their Commanders. PICS / The 92 Armed Herdsmen Arrested By Soldiers At Check-points (Photos) / How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Antivirus92(m): 4:24am On Apr 27, 2015
SirShymexx:

Boko Haram has held naij for over 4 years now.

Don't take sticks and stones to a gun fight next time.

I guess that was why that war was so one-sided, with Biafra not making any gains, once the Nigerian side started fighting.

You lot are just lucky Nigeria didn't go for the kill.

Be wise next time.
hey Mr.... be truthful to yourself for once. book haram are cowards whose war tactics is 'strike and run'. they have no defined territory and no citizens to defend unlike biafran soldiers. they can camouflage as Nigerian soldiers or be on mofty as innocent citizens before carrying out any attack. so never compare them to biafran soldiers again.
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Lucasbalo(m): 4:32am On Apr 27, 2015
cupidhero:
We were brave but it takes more than bravery to win a war in an evil world. Even christians and christian nations were all against biafra's sovereignty. All those preaching war should stop it especially those who are not ready to die. Don't expect the same technique if biafra or any group goes into war with nigeria...it will be 70% terrorism and 30% war so no one will be safe when disaster strikes. I don't think we need another war tho,we need to have mutual respect for each other which is going to be hard because some of us don't see the reason why we should respect people from other tribe. R i P to those that lost their lives defending a dream they believed in.
You make the most sense. War is not delightful. In the famous words of Rodney King of Los Angeles riot fame, ( can't we all get along ).

3 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by omonnakoda: 4:47am On Apr 27, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^You deserved being called a bastard......and much more besides! Only a bastard can look at all the genocide that occurred before and during the uncivil war then turn around and claim nothing happened! These were my kinsfolk that were starved to death and murdered in cold blood.....this means nothing to you of course because the victims are the Igbos you despise!

My Mum being a good christian raised a good christian as well!....One who abhors violence, bloodletting, deceit, talking from both sides of the mouth and general bad-belle!
Did I kill them ? Cry me a river. You better go and wake Ojuiku up to account for your dead during the war. Yes there was genocide before the war but to a lesser extent even Yorubas were victims of that and your folk played a role in precipitating and provoking it. One with the January 15 coup but even more with the usual insensitive and triumphal behaviour in the days and weeks after that is typical or you lot The main problem of the Eboe in relating to others is you have very bad manners and just talk anyhow.When you speak you have no regard for others feelings
There was no genocide during the war that is nonsense

Your mom deserves to die a lonely painful death and she will

5 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by 1stola: 4:53am On Apr 27, 2015
babilicious:
did you just say suffer? Pls don't crack me up.. Have you ever heard of the business moguls....those who hold the economy of the country suffering? And we don't even depend on d govt. To make our money....we are the business tycoons and we can't ever suffer....besides Mazi okoro your landlord is waiting infront of your house to collect his rent from you..(We own d luxury buildings and estates *Tongue out*) #die#
God forbid slowpoke.
I will rather die than rent an Ibo man's house.

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by omonnakoda: 5:00am On Apr 27, 2015
teeowl:
And you actually believe what you just wrote.... grin grin grin

no Igbo beggar.... lmao... in Lagos we have them in groups of blind and lame, singing Igbo songs with their tamborines... grin grin grin

Eboes are so rich and Orji Uzor kalu is the richest.He has so much money the Central Bank in Nigeria cannot cope aand so he banks with the World Bank.Onitsha Market is the biggest in the world .The US Army ome there to buy drones and Patriot missiles.
These are the sorts of things we hear Eboes say all the time and we are now used to.Funny thing is Eboes believe it all

5 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by after1: 5:14am On Apr 27, 2015
[s]
dumga:
NB:before and during events that led to the war the igbos saw the yorubas as friends and brothers,that is the reason ojukwu released awolowo from calabar prisons and the likes of wole soyinka where able to come to enugu and go as he pleases even victor banjo a yoruba man was made leader of a biafran troop, that is for you yorubas to know the level of trust and brotherly love we had for you then and it cost us greatly but be rest assured it won't happen again that i know for sure.
[/s]

Stop distorting history. Ojuiku of cursed memory never released Awolowo, he only released Ifejuana and Banjo and they fought on the Biafra side. Wole Soyinka supported Biafra and was even jailed cos of it. At the end, the loud mouthed Ojuiku killed Banjo cos of his greed and selfishness, giving rubbish excuse of coup. The fool brainwashed innocent young men to fight the NA and they were wasted easily by the 3rd marine commando. You can only lie to your fellow Ibos but we all know the truth.

The pics below is Awolowo and Gowon when he was released from Prison and flew to Lagos to meet Gowon.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by after1: 5:17am On Apr 27, 2015
Billyonaire:
Who is bros ? You have no respect.

Emeka and lies. You have no shame at all, you just drop your lies everyday. Your oga is really trying, only God knows how you sleep at night with all your constant cheap lies.

5 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by themodernman: 5:29am On Apr 27, 2015
baybeeboi:
they look like underfed Kenyans/Ethiopians.
How this ones wan take win war?

Rotflmao....where babydick or babydioku abi wetin dem dey call am...come see your ape-ethiopian-underfed-looking brotherz oh....

3 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by hardbody: 5:29am On Apr 27, 2015
Maser:
What's the purpose of this thread?

Why try to generate bad blood amd ethnic bashing?

#StopTheHate! Let us unite and love each other no matter the past!

I will never forgive Nigeria or Nigerians for the genocide carried out on Igbos. Not in this life not in the next.
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by hardbody: 5:31am On Apr 27, 2015
after1:
[s][/s]

Stop distorting history. Ojuiku of cursed memory never released Awolowo, he only released Ifejuana and Banjo and they fought on the Biafra side. Wole Soyinka supported Biafra and was even jailed cos of it. At the end, the loud mouthed Ojuiku killed Banjo cos of his greed and selfishness, giving rubbish excuse of coup. The fool brainwashed innocent young men to fight the NA and they were wasted easily by the 3rd marine commando. You can only lie to your fellow Ibos but we all know the truth.

The pics below is Awolowo and Gowon when he was released from Prison and flew to Lagos to meet Gowon.

You are obviously reading from a history book written by your father
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by harffie(m): 5:37am On Apr 27, 2015
Vicotex:
And these guys held the lazy NA for years.
Nigeria should be thankful to other countries that helped them
and you think no country helped the 'biafra? Go back to the history bro!

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by after1: 5:42am On Apr 27, 2015
hardbody:

You are obviously reading from a history book written by your father

Why not give us the one your mother told you, since you people love telling us tales by moonlight by your Uncles.

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by hardbody: 5:46am On Apr 27, 2015
after1:

Why not give us the one your mother told you, since you people love telling us tales by moonlight by your Uncles.

Read and research. I have no time to engage with people if they will not engage effectively and make meaningful comments
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by after1: 5:50am On Apr 27, 2015
hardbody:

Read and research. I have no time to engage with people if they will not engage effectively and make meaningful comments

You are the one to read more, counter my post and stop foaming in the mouth. I have no patience for trolls.

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by koladebrainiac(m): 5:53am On Apr 27, 2015
Billyonaire:
The OP is mischievous, there is no facial resembrance there to depict any of those kids as Igbos or other Biafran soldiers of the SS/SE Biafrans. My Dad was one of the gallant men that navigated the bushes and gave us the hope that we must fight oppressions of all forms. One wonders why I am a fighter in life, its in the DNA. We have conquered Lagos economically, we are conquering Abuja commercially and very soon we will conquer the whole of Africa ..."money-cally". We are talking money and you are talking nonsense.

Learn survival from the Igbos, stop hating on the Biafrans. We are survivors and we are victorious conquerors. We win, and we take your women, your wine and your economy.
yet you can help your Region- you can't develop your Enugu,your Anambra,your Abia,imo. Shame. Develop our state now, you are just another citizen in nigeria. You can't even lead.

Back to the story-If Igbos are supporting this folks and singing their bravery ,then Nigeria owe them no apology for their suicide mission. They started the war they can't finish-if they kill our soldiers-then no apology for the loss of every single soul that was lost during the war. You can't claim victim and still showing your strength. Suicide war

3 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by smoothlips(m): 5:54am On Apr 27, 2015
ezeagu:
That is why till this day Nigeria remains a shit hole, because no one is willing to die for a cause for the worthless failed state.
Is Nigeria a shit hole? My broda speak for yourself

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by kws629: 6:05am On Apr 27, 2015
Real brainwashing
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by kritikali(m): 6:24am On Apr 27, 2015
dokyOloye:
ask ppl who know,d combined wealth of d indigenes of Nnewi village alone can buy d whole Nigeria wt d Dangotes,Dantatas,Otedolas, etc.
Just ask,and I am talking abt Nnewi alone.

Mtchew...buy Nigeria I regret that I ve to even reply dis poo.

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by gajerian(m): 6:31am On Apr 27, 2015
joeyfire:

Lepas make the best fighters o

Hungry no good ooo

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 6:43am On Apr 27, 2015
PentiumPro:
Hahaaahaaaaaahaa funny grin
The greatest army in Africa.

Seriously
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by hardbody: 6:44am On Apr 27, 2015
after1:

You are the one to read more, counter my post and stop foaming in the mouth. I have no patience for trolls.

Did you just stumble on those words? I am done with you
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 6:47am On Apr 27, 2015
you are the going to your hell fire... there are igbo beggars that are blind and disabled that beg in groups by singing --- please go to lagos island and yaba and see for yourself. They are usually with small rectangular tamborines.

Vivipop:

You can lie eh! if dem no see you for hell fire nah smoke cover you
grin That said, enough of the tribal bashing. It's a new day already. No
matter how much we hate ourselves, we need one another. Let's learn to
respect and accommodate everyone's belief. If Igbos call Ojukwu their
hero, learn to respect that... Nigeria must survive!!!

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Chudiking(m): 6:48am On Apr 27, 2015
cupid1:
All of you insulting them cos of their stature and the sticks they're carrying should stop for a moment to think. If they could hold off the Nigerian Army who had foreign help for more than two years with just sticks and a few Awka made Guns, just imagine what they could have done with real ammunition. I rep Biafra- Land Of The Rising Sun
Mehn holding nigeria with its allies for 3yrs these boys fought with morale
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Abdngna: 6:51am On Apr 27, 2015
cupid1:
All of you insulting them cos of their stature and the sticks they're carrying should stop for a moment to think. If they could hold off the Nigerian Army who had foreign help for more than two years with just sticks and a few Awka made Guns, just imagine what they could have done with real ammunition. I rep Biafra- Land Of The Rising Sun

Were the Biafrans not get helped by foreign countries too then?

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 6:54am On Apr 27, 2015
teeowl:
Yet, Obasanjo was the one that dealt Biafra its fatal blow.
Yet, there are more Igbos in the least advanced Yoruba land than Yorubas in the highly advanced Igbo lands.
Yet, Yorubas have more professionals (Architects, Lawyers, Doctors, Quantity Surveyors etc) than any other tribe in Nigeria.

smiley smiley cheesy cheesy

abegi, go rest joor. Igbos are the most successful in everything they do. If they decide to trade, they prosper. If they decide to do proffessional courses, they succeed so i don't know what u're talking about again. This doesn't mean there are no successful yorubas but fact still remains that igbos are the most successful. About my people being in yoruba lands lemme tell u something; my people are 'greedy'(in quotes, not the malicious kind) and travel a lot and that is their driving force, that is why they strive to get as much as they can get legally which is also why they're so prosperous unlike the yoruba man who is mostly confined to his locality and might even grow and die in his father's compound
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by after1: 6:57am On Apr 27, 2015
[s]
hardbody:

Did you just stumble on those words? I am done with you
[/s]

Trash.

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 7:02am On Apr 27, 2015
Abdngna:

Were the Biafrans not get helped by foreign countries too then?
sorry to tell you this but nigeria had only isreal providing weapons for them unlike nigeriams who were provided for by 5 different countries and were also helped to use the weapons provided
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Yujin(m): 7:06am On Apr 27, 2015
cntabs:
this shouldn't be on front page.
one Nigeria. and for Igbo asking for separation, just know that we stand to lose the most. that's the fact don't stay in the south east and cause trouble for us in other parts of nigeria.

our parents who experienced d war don't want it while some elements who no nothing of war are here beating drums.

the truth of d matter is that Ojukwu was to blame for the deaths of Igbos. azikiwe didn't support the war. We should objectively look at the war and know who was d true hero/zero. after causing so much suffering he ran away. God will judge sha.

we better make something out of Nigeria instead of fighting for a dead dream. things will be much worse.

I repeat that we are the ones gaining the most from this so called forced union.
"nganga" that's our problem.
Nwanne Ojukwu never caused anything. He tried his best at Aburi to diplomatically secure the lives and properties of the easterners who as at then were being killed like chickens in virtually all other parts of Nigeria with the government of the day watching with indifference. If your life and that of your loved ones have been in mortal danger I believe you will understand Ojukwu better.
Have you asked yourself why many Nigerians hate you for simply being Igbo even though you weren't born by the time of the ill fated war? To imagine that people will be rejoicing to bring out pictures of harmless women and children who were starved to death by their government tells a lot don't you think so. For your information Igbos are not the ones gaining the highest from this empire called Nigeria. Take a look at the SE and tell me if the FG has not marked the region out as game reserve. If their intentions at keeping Nigerian one is noble why don't they teach that part of our history in schools to clear any animosity? Why overlook it? I understand your point but ask yourself if what our people are getting from other parts of Nigeria is from the government hand outs given to them. We work extra hard brother. They want you to believe they're doing you a favour by allowing you thrive. No its not a favour. You are meant to be a citizen with equal right and privilege. When you're able to identify that what others see as a right you see as a privilege then you will understand that you're not seen as a free citizen of your supposed country. Think deeply brother and the facade will be clear. I'm not for division but if my rights and privileges are denied me I'll fight for it or quit the association. Don't be quick to blame Ojukwu. Yes he made some mistakes in the cause of the war but his intents were noble and I revere him for that. He had all the wealth that can last him a life time if he was to abandon our people but he chose to overlook personal comfort for that of all. He is a hero. Azikiwe didn't really do much for us in the eastern region when he had powers to do things. Who could hand over their destiny in his hands during the precarious events?

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Abidx22(m): 7:09am On Apr 27, 2015
[quote author=cocoduck post=33132424]fight for freedom[/
quote]
Who put dem under bondage?
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 7:09am On Apr 27, 2015
babilicious:
can you please name only 5 women from your place that have contributed immensely to the development of this country and I will name 5 from igbo (Ngozi konjo iwuala, oby ezekwesili, Chimamanda Ngozi, late dora Akunyile,Aruma Oteh (Stock exchange Ex boss) and the list goes on and pls don't forget the only and first woman to ever be a governor in Nigeria is from AnambrA (former gov. Of Anambra state)......soon we (igbo woman) will be president while you keep hating ...hahahah

dream on, all those ur curropt women want to be president?

ever heard of Bolaji Shagaya, shes from north central, Ilorin to be precise.. the woman is stinkingly rich and she got her money thru legal means

also, Folorunsho Alakija, richest black woman alive, she got her wealth through legal means, the list goes on, but its a monday , got tinz to do

only Adiche is the respectable woman in ur list, the rest? bunch of thieves.. hisses

3 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by zendy: 7:10am On Apr 27, 2015
1stola:

Once upon a time, there was a warlord named odumegwu
Ikemba Ojukwu. He wrongly fought for the disintegration of
Nigeria by trying to carve out a biafran territory. This action
led to a civil war and ojukwu's actions led to the death of
millions igbos. Instead of standing by them to fight and
defend them, he fled cowardly to ivory coast on exile. The
actions of the civil war are still unforgiven by the igbos till
today. They forgot the then head of state was under a
mandate to protect the territorial integrity of Nigeria. Since
the head of state was a northerner, igbos have Since hated
the north and Yoruba's. They are the major followers of this
administration even though its obvious that its not
performing. They prefer to suffer and live in penury than
vote for the right change. This is why they consider buhari
as a wrong candidates whereas had APC presented a young hausa/yoruba in his 40's, they will still label him no good.
This is just to educate the ignorant ones about the reason
why the igbos decided to follow Jonathan like a fly following a corpse to the grave.
Shame catch dem. GMB don win tongue

You are not making any sense at all. Ojukwu is highly revered by the Igbos becuase he did exactly what the his people asked of him. The Igbos told Ojukwu that they were tired of Nigeria and mandated him to give them independence and Ojukwu listend to them and declared Biafra. Wether you like it or not,it is the right of any group of people to pull out of Nigeria any time they want. Ojukwu is by no means a coward. He left when the game was up. It would have been f00lish of Ojukwu to stay back to be slaughtered over a war he had already lost. Yes Igbos don't like Yorubas and Hausas and they know this yet these 2 tribes are against the Igbo man going his way. Why? I'm sure if Igbos declare Biafra tomorrow, these two tribes will come out to fight again. The question is why? Can't they do without Igbos? Yes Igbos supported Jonathan and if he runs again in 2019,Igbos will still support him although I'm sure we will have had Biafra by then. Igbos have a far more stronger connection to the Ijaws, nothing connects an Igbo man with an Hausa or Yoruba man.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Abba Kyari And Geoffrey Onyeama In The 70s (Throwback Photo) / TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. / Buhari Departs Daura For Niger Republic (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.