Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,244 members, 7,811,687 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) (28267 Views)

Rituals: Ondo Police Arrest Teachers For Taking Pupils' Blood & Fingernails / Pupils Of A Primary School Climbing Fence / A Primary School Where Pupils Wear Chelsea Jersey As Their Sportswear (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by callmelanner(m): 10:16am On Apr 27, 2015
Nalikedis:
The teachers should set the minimum requirement (Academics and morals) jst like INEC and allow the children to choose who will lead them...
Before nkor?
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by sokera: 10:16am On Apr 27, 2015
fuchong:
Should be based on hard work not election
how are you sure how the school authorities came up with the contestants? I'm sure those students contesting are the brilliant ones . We know the tradition how prefect or head of class are select in Nigeria primary and secondary schools.hardwork come first ....
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by gragraboy: 10:17am On Apr 27, 2015
Pebcak:
this will open up their mind, developed country do this and maybe it is part of what help their election process in the nation as well you will not see youths acting barbaric in developed country because its something they are used to but the first election process most youth in Nigeria go through is when they get to college and that one is as terrible as a national election.

I believe having elite youth during election time that understand election proc ess will help the nation in years to come

Oyibo system and our own different o....their minds are more enlightened than ours. I sugest the schools should appoint these post let the children learn responsibility first.
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by DollyParton1(f): 10:17am On Apr 27, 2015
Champele:
This a good development for some of you undeveloped mind. I will even teach my child about sex from Ten yr old.if you don',internet will do that for you.either in a good way or bad.

Lol.... 10years old? That's not early. Kids of these days are exposed to stuffs earlier in their lives than those of yesteryears.

1 Like

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Billygee2u: 10:21am On Apr 27, 2015
Nalikedis:
The teachers should set the minimum requirement (Academics and morals) jst like INEC and allow the children to choose who will lead them...
you are partialy correct,but don`t let the children copy Jegajaga on buharia babaonechance certificateless mistake
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by stepo707: 10:22am On Apr 27, 2015
That boy looks like a pdp boy.hope they won't rig the election for him undecided
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by sniperr007(m): 10:22am On Apr 27, 2015
Jackeeh:
This is wrong.

I disagree with you. It helps improve d children mentally and also teach dem how to serve and respect each other.

Totally support it. Not wen schools impose pupils dey lyk.
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Edunwa302(m): 10:29am On Apr 27, 2015
curiouses:
I think everything is wrong with this. Senior boy and other prefects are supposed to be selected based on merit not election.

Op dis is kworuption
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by deor03(m): 10:30am On Apr 27, 2015
Jackeeh:
This is wrong.

This is absolutelty right.

What the authorities should do is, set the minimum academic requirement for pupils to contest

We need to localise the democratic culture, we need to start from Primary school all the way up

1 Like

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by adenine02: 10:32am On Apr 27, 2015
Pebcak:
this will open up their mind, developed country do this and maybe it is part of what help their election process in the nation as well you will not see youths acting barbaric in developed country because its something they are used to but the first election process most youth in Nigeria go through is when they get to college and that one is as terrible as a national election.

I believe having elite youth during election time that understand election proc ess will help the nation in years to come

A class or school president is different from prefectship post
Wen I was in secondary school many year back we once did election for student representative buh prefects were selected based on merit only
So student rep is ok buh prefectship post to me wrong
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by 49cents(m): 10:35am On Apr 27, 2015
Those who say it should be on merit are you referring to Academic merit

Being a nerd can't be a basis of become a leader, it can be a plus where the other essential factors are present

I was shortlisted as a prefect in secondary school and my name didn't make the final list: it took my persnal letter to the principal then, stipulating why and why I should have be on the list, basically my long history of academic excellence from form 1 and also of being aof good behaviour; I was reinstated but if I were to contest for that position I wouldn't have made the cut as I didn't know jack of leadership neither did my headboy who is a super nerd

This is a good development, it helps the kids to think and appreciate what leadership entailed

Two years back an aunty figure of mine involved me to be her girl's campaign manager, as she wanted to run for head girl in Chrisland primary school....the girl got the assistant head girl through an election eventuallyaj and today through the rigours of personal campaign, and drawing manifestoes she. Is a very charismatic and vibrant young lady
She is currently in the uUS for her high school and holding her own

1 Like

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Richy4(m): 10:35am On Apr 27, 2015
Who will be providing the money for the posters? Parents I suppose? So a poor boy whose parents are not well to do cannot be school representative?
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by jayhans(m): 10:37am On Apr 27, 2015
Haaaaaaah... this is so wrong atleast for primary school pupils.... i remember my teaching days wen i tried dis wit my primary 3 pupils ... my ppl i stood speechless wen i saw this kids rigging ... cum nd see multiple voting... a class of 30pupils nd number of votes stood at abt 40... #i had to declare the election inconclusive

1 Like

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Tolubory(m): 10:37am On Apr 27, 2015
undecided its totally wrong,
Because its will bring hatred among the students,
Enviness,
And it will be the favour of the Highest Bidder, if you know what i mean.
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Omotayor123(f): 10:41am On Apr 27, 2015
This is Operation catch them Young!! Lol.
I kinda like d idea share.
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by tranxo(m): 10:42am On Apr 27, 2015
Jackeeh:

It's wrong because he's not 18 yet. This should begin in secondary institutions.
You sound 13. Smh
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Apex32: 10:42am On Apr 27, 2015
Na wa o unbelievable tinz are happening on daily basis here in Naija, politics in pry schl too grin
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by ArcToyin(m): 10:43am On Apr 27, 2015
This is absolutely wrong. Election is not meant for underage.
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Tafidah(m): 10:43am On Apr 27, 2015
Jackeeh:
This is wrong.
dere is nothing wrong with it, for abroad dem dey vote for class president, abi na school president, dey are selected based on merit, den dose selected would contest for the post
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by tranxo(m): 10:45am On Apr 27, 2015
Jackeeh:

I get you. but still, as a parent, I'm supposed to teach my kids sex education, right? OK. buh am I also to encourage them to be sexually active as young as they are? Heck no. I teach them from birth and when they come of age, they can put to practice what I thought them. Same logic applies to politics.
Go and read the book, "Parenting Guide for Dummies."

2 Likes

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by keni: 10:52am On Apr 27, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin That's my boys school o the only problem I have is when they display the campaign posters outside the school gate and wall and all motorist & passersby will see, the election is meant for the kids and not the public. Also it is fun because my kids tells me when they come to the kindergarten school to campaign they tell them things like "If you vote for me I will give you pencil, eraser, sharpener,e.t.c" they have even memorize the campaign
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Riodiao(m): 10:57am On Apr 27, 2015
NOW WAH FOR THIS JONZING COUNTRY, EVERYTHING COMPLAIN. IF THEY APPOINT THEY WILL SAY IS ARRRANGEE OR MGBAWO. NOW THE SAID EELECTIONS/VOTE YET PEOPLE ARE STILL COMPLAINING.
GOD THANK YOU FOR GEJ, NIGERIAS BEST EVER PRESIDENT
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 11:05am On Apr 27, 2015
There is nothing wrong in this ok. When i was in secondary school all our prefect were chosen through an election. We even had a manifesto night. The school is even a public sch. No big deal. Its good 2 teach our pupils electoral ethics & value right from young age.
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 11:05am On Apr 27, 2015
There is nothing wrong in this ok. When i was in secondary school all our prefects were chosen through an election. We even had a manifesto night. The school is even a public sch. No big deal. Its good 2 teach our pupils electoral ethics & value right from young age.
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Peejayybold(f): 11:06am On Apr 27, 2015
Politics!!!!
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 11:10am On Apr 27, 2015
Jackeeh:
This is wrong.
Its ur type dat usually accuse party of selection abeg. U arent exposed a bit.

1 Like

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by U2ice(m): 11:10am On Apr 27, 2015
Hope de carried out dia primaries b4 dis guy was chosen?

Nice 1 tho....@least de ll learn 2 accept defect 4rm a tender age

The orubebe among dem ll b avoided in d future grin

If de can learn civic education, y cnt de do d practical?
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Abbey2sam(m): 11:17am On Apr 27, 2015
Jackeeh:
This is wrong.

pls how is it wrong

can you illuminate us
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by dammieco(m): 11:21am On Apr 27, 2015
Free them o. They are leaders of tomorrow even if Buhari is still contesting 2019.
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by muyiwah666(m): 11:25am On Apr 27, 2015
There is absolutely nothing wrong in this please, I really wish we can have it in all schools right from primary. It will instill the spirit of healthy competition, the idea of losing or winning, how to be magnanimous in victory and how to be good loser.. We use to do this way back in my secondary school.
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by DeRay98(m): 11:29am On Apr 27, 2015
curiouses:
I think everything is wrong with this. Senior boy and other prefects are supposed to be selected based on merit not election.

Over-zealous rich parents want to flaunt their worth in private schools by corrupting innocent children and putting pressure on other parents. very soon, public primary and secondary schools will copy the trend and those who cant afford it will end up stealling to compete...this is not developing democracy, its going to pollute these children and creat unnecesary and unhealthy rivalry in schools as it catches fire.
remember years ago, few affluent kids started celebrating birthday in schools, before we knew it other kids' parents were pressured by their kids to celebrate their birthday in school. its pure nonse! angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Help Lost My Gce Examination Number / Profile Of Professor Kayode Adebowale VC Of University Of Ibadan / Plateau Students Protest Against LGBTQ Bill (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.