Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,357 members, 7,868,036 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 09:30 AM

Lagos Government To Provide Wi-fi To All Lagos Residents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Government To Provide Wi-fi To All Lagos Residents (931 Views)

Buhari Hands Over Presidential Lodge To Lagos Government / Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement / Lagos Government Shuts Marina Mosque (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Government To Provide Wi-fi To All Lagos Residents by tiwaz(m): 8:46am On Apr 27, 2015
The Lagos state government has revealed plans to provide Wi-fi to every resident of the state..

According to Channels, the Permanent Secretary of the State’s ICT Ministry, Mrs Nike Animashaun said the first phase of the Wi-Fi connectivity would be deployed at parks located at different parts of the state.

She said the Wi-Fi would be deployed at parks in Oshodi, Alausa and Ajegunle.

“The Wi-Fi services will be in some of the parks in the state and when it is deployed, residents of Lagos State would be able to access Wi-Fi in some of the parks,” she said

Mrs Animashaun said that the state government came up with the idea to stimulate and encourage the interest of children in science and technology. She did not state if the Wi-Fi would be free.

www.pijangonews.com/2015/04/lagos-government-set-to-provide-wi-fi.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government To Provide Wi-fi To All Lagos Residents by wordcat(m): 8:49am On Apr 27, 2015
Odi mma
Re: Lagos Government To Provide Wi-fi To All Lagos Residents by luvmijeje(f): 8:52am On Apr 27, 2015
Mrs Animashaun said that the state government came up with the idea to stimulate and encourage the interest of children in science and technology. She did not state if the Wi-Fi would be free.

What kind of journalists do we have in this country....... Why can't you ask whether it will be free?

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Government To Provide Wi-fi To All Lagos Residents by illiad1(m): 8:54am On Apr 27, 2015
Like they provide camera at all bus stops since 2008. Fraudsters

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government To Provide Wi-fi To All Lagos Residents by Nobody: 9:23am On Apr 27, 2015
hahaha That'll be wonderful
but is need power to charge my phone and computer + my smart tv
Re: Lagos Government To Provide Wi-fi To All Lagos Residents by Basildvalour(m): 9:28am On Apr 27, 2015
...And then you will see crowd at the parks with empty buses

We pay taxes, they should give us free Wi-fi

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Government To Provide Wi-fi To All Lagos Residents by Gboliwe: 9:30am On Apr 27, 2015
The parks is it the motor parks? grin

If so, our local nairaland touts will be greatly empowered. tongue
Re: Lagos Government To Provide Wi-fi To All Lagos Residents by bigfly: 9:31am On Apr 27, 2015
Oboy, I trust Nigerians, the thing go slow die.
Re: Lagos Government To Provide Wi-fi To All Lagos Residents by bigfly: 9:33am On Apr 27, 2015
Basildvalour:
...And then you will see crowd at the parks with empty buses

We pay taxes, they should give us free Wi-fi

grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Government To Provide Wi-fi To All Lagos Residents by socialmediaman: 9:34am On Apr 27, 2015
Very beautiful initiative, it should be regulated though. People should be asked to Create a profile attached to their phone numbers to access it, so that the government can take statistics of whom it is benefitting. That's if it's going to be free anyway. I've been getting good news portraying the Lagos ICT department as competent, and I would love same replicated in other cities, especially the south east
Re: Lagos Government To Provide Wi-fi To All Lagos Residents by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 27, 2015
We are waiting...
Re: Lagos Government To Provide Wi-fi To All Lagos Residents by talktimi(m): 10:30am On Apr 27, 2015
This was a part of Jimi Agbaje's campaign promise and he was ridiculed by the APC because of it. Thank God saner minds prevailed though a lot still has to be done because I believe the LASG can generate huge revenue from this scheme if properly implemented
Re: Lagos Government To Provide Wi-fi To All Lagos Residents by mekaboy(m): 10:59am On Apr 27, 2015
There is nothing free in Nigeria. You must pay from somewhere. Just subsidise with the telecom operators. Before u raise tax in one area to cover for that.
Re: Lagos Government To Provide Wi-fi To All Lagos Residents by cooljude(m): 11:44am On Apr 27, 2015
Agbaje's campaign promise, i thought APC said it was a stupid initiative. I hope for you to use the wifi, you have to register and probably pay a little token so that it would be sustainable.
Re: Lagos Government To Provide Wi-fi To All Lagos Residents by ResourceMan(m): 12:06pm On Apr 27, 2015
Stealing Jimmy Agbaje ideas since 2007.

(1) (Reply)

Graphic Photo: Fatal Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge / Buhari Will Soon Wish He Didn't Win The Elections -murray Bruce / Rochas Finally Xposed.....na Wa Ooo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.