Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,351 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. (50140 Views)

Best 100 Companies To Work For In Nigeria - By Jobberman / List Of Companies To Send Unsolicited Application / TOP 5 Nigerian Oil Servicing Companies You May Like To Work In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by Franky9584(m): 8:01am On Apr 28, 2015
Lero15:
Costain West Africa though.... They can lie o undecided

Some years ago, I wanted to do Industrial Attachment there, they said they don't recruit IT interns.

Later found out one of my friends did hers there.

SMH.

These firms hardly recruit engineers with zero post nysc experience undecided

Make I go buy the experience for market?? undecided

*Anyways, FTC cool
hahaha, my dear, these companies can easily take a "SHE" but hardly can they take a "HE"
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by Ugochukwu92: 8:54am On Apr 28, 2015
simplex2:
One man's opinion...

Here is another man's opinion...

http://www.3ptechies.com/business/top-5-engineering-construction-companies-nigeria.html

This list is more credible. How can you compare Elalan with JB? Elalan is not even in the league of Cappa and D'alberto, ITB, COBEL and the likes.

The list stated NIgerian owned. Most of the ones listed are foreign companies with Nigerian subsidiaries

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by Chiaka(f): 9:08am On Apr 28, 2015
olubori1:

How is this related to the topic?
pls dnt detail this thread

What's your own now! You are show casing good Construction Companies while am Show casing good Nigerian People.

It takes good Nigerians for anything to move in this country!
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by Lero15(m): 9:25am On Apr 28, 2015
Franky9584:

hahaha, my dear, these companies can easily take a "SHE" but hardly can they take a "HE"
Hehehe... Maybe grin
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by Franky9584(m): 10:33am On Apr 28, 2015
Lero15:
Hehehe... Maybe grin
fact!

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by simplex2: 12:39pm On Apr 29, 2015
Ugochukwu92:

The list stated NIgerian owned. Most of the ones listed are foreign companies with Nigerian subsidiaries

El-Alan is not Nigerian owned; its run the same way most expatriates run their company here in Nigeria; get Nigerians into the board of directors, register it as a Nigerian limited liability company and still maintain 95% of the shares.

Only Dantata and Sawoe in your list can boast of being fully Nigerian owned.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 03, 2015
Yinkame123:
Why was SAIPEM missed out in the list?
Please is saipem into construction? I did thought they are involved with the oil and gas sector?
Please can you share any info about the entry level pay and workers working conditions?
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by Heymus(m): 8:40pm On Nov 06, 2015
maskara01:

N1m/month!!! Nigerians can lie! Generally construction companies are worst paid in the country.

How much does JB pay an Architect? Lol...

pls. How much do they pay Architect?. Need to know
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by waali(m): 6:46am On Sep 15, 2016
Nice Top 5 list. You can check out this Top 10 Construction companies in Nigeria
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by Jbelieve: 1:57pm On Oct 11, 2016
brianromel:
Having worked for some of these firms and in the construction field a while back.

I would say the first poster got it right but with out costain and some others.

You need to divide the list by what area the different construction firms handle.

Whether they are

Structural based
Mechanical and electrical based.

Currentily

Morgan omonitun and chase stand as a first go to for structural jobs.

While Elalan faces both some times but are core structural based

MOA bruneli megawatts electriiks have been known to dabble into structural too but their core business are M&E.

One should not forget the facility management firms also, firms like

Provast(part of the Elalan group)
AB facilities
Are other firms to watch for.

But the list of firms on all three areas are large and new names keep popping up daily.

If one wants a career in constructions and with these firms. One first has to consider where on fits and what want can do for these firms and not just flinging cv's at them and hoping for the best.

I know Elalan, A B facilities, bruneli and a lot of others recruit on a daily basis depending on the constructions or services they are currently handling.

If you have experience/background in facility management, metal works, fitting installations, piping, safety, or just your basic laborer skills. Then there is a chance if you send your cv, the might call you for one of their projects.

But to get it right, always check that these companies have projects their currently handling
E. G sign boards outside a new project development around the island and other place, then copy details and mail or call asking if they need your skills.

Because that's when they are usually recruiting. Also check that your skill matches what the company is handling on the project. E. G Morgan Omonitun (structural), you skill payloader or bobcat operator.

That's how I got my first job with one of the major construction firms.

Hi thanks for this information. I am interested in working with Elalan as a junior construction project manager. My MSc is in construction project management and Bsc in estate management. I wanted to ask how the recruitment process goes. Do they ask interview behavioural questions or technical questions or both. Secondly, I have no experience in this field so do you think there is a chance for me and lastly what salary range should I have in mind if called? Because I don't want to blow my chances. Thanks look forward to your response.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by darkid1(m): 5:15pm On Dec 30, 2016
Please guys, seriously seeking for internship placement in a reputable civil engineering firm.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by ahamonyeka(m): 6:22pm On Dec 30, 2016
Costain west Africa has no level again they do subcontract jobs to my former company the last time I was there the whole place looks rough kind of.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by akaahs(m): 8:47pm On Dec 30, 2016
This list is not complete without Mother Cat, Gilmore, PW nd Datum
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by Markab: 9:10am On May 07, 2017
Please do you have an idea on staff welfare at James cubitt?

Thanks boss

brianromel:
People say architecture jobs in Julius Berger. Please ask yourselves why would jb recruit architects.

From working with contract firms that work with jb I have come to understand that that job is usually outsourced to architectural firms internationally, locally to a few firms like James Cubitt

Big firms like Costain and jb only handle structural thousands road building and building carcass.

When a project is sited for development jobs are alloted to various firms.

Architectural
Structural
M&E

Find the area you role or skill fits and search and apply accordingly.

Don't waste your time going after the wrong firm with the wrong role.

E. G architect applying to structural firm, cappa dlbarto, jb, costain. Erong

Mechanical applying in an architectural firm, wrong

Most times you won't get a reply.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by vkon2(m): 2:46pm On May 09, 2017
Noted
Meanwhile if u need an excavator operator
Or u need heavy duty machine for daily work
Pls do check my signature
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by bakoilyaz: 9:55am On Jan 30, 2018
Please I would like to know how much Setraco pays their engineers. So I can know if I would leave my present employment for that one. Please I need an answer urgently.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. by Femzi8cul: 12:16pm On Aug 10, 2022
[quote]
well..not only in Nigeria. civil engineering is one of the least paid engineering discipline in the world even though it's one of the most dynamic.[/quote

Look I don't think you kno dose guys they make millions

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ICS Talent Bank: Biggest Job Fair In West Africa / Man Fries Garri Wearing Suit To Protest High Level Of Unemployment In Nigeria / The Lagos State Graduate Internship Program 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.