Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,289 members, 7,836,276 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin (64720 Views)

Throwback Picture Of Tinubu As A Young Man / APC Considers Akume, Remi Tinubu As Saraki’s Replacement - NationalMirror / Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin by help3852: 4:19pm On Apr 27, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

Unintelligent TaNoids and losers bore me...
bros you don't know anything about me.

Very pathetic you can't make any intellectual reply, maybe that's why You are not well paid.

made millions from APC in few months. grin

You have a lot to learn about PR

1 Like

Re: US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin by Decryptor(m): 4:19pm On Apr 27, 2015
Biafranqueeen:

I dont know what you are talking about undecided undecided

Tinubu is finer than you -FAT cheeks

i KNOW HE IS ALSO FINER THAN YOUR ASHAWO MOTHER
Re: US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 27, 2015
tonychristopher:
AND THEY WORSHIPPED HIM IN South West...I AM JUST WEEPING FOR THEM

point of correction, dey worship him in Nigeria. He is a GIANT

2 Likes

Re: US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin by FOREXMARTS: 4:20pm On Apr 27, 2015
ezeagu:
DAMN!

"General Muhammed Buhari’s political partner"

DOUBLE DAMN!

"But that’s just business as usual in Nigeria."

TRIPLE DAMN!

"Attaining a Karl Rove-like
status last month"

QUADRUPLE DAMN!!!!

#Onechance

2 Likes

Re: US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin by shamecurls(m): 4:20pm On Apr 27, 2015
Re: US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin by mmsen: 4:22pm On Apr 27, 2015
Chiaka:
y role model remains minister of health -Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu for
systematically helping to stop the spread of Ebola in Nigeria.
Nigeria will also be declared Polio free soonest. We need more people like him!!!

Nigeria would have been polio free many years ago were it not the common factor in most of Nigeria's problems.

1 Like

Re: US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin by Biafranqueeen: 4:22pm On Apr 27, 2015
Decryptor:

i KNOW HE IS ALSO FINER THAN YOUR ASHAWO MOTHER

grin grin grin He pain am

With that your Fat cheeks and big belly- Agbaya
Re: US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 27, 2015
help3852:
bros you don't know anything about me.

Very pathetic you can't make any intellectual reply, maybe that's why You are not well paid.

made millions from APC in few months. grin
if u made millions actually u wont be constituting nuisannce and ignorance on nairaland. We are all jobless

1 Like

Re: US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin by mmsen: 4:23pm On Apr 27, 2015
Tosinayoko:

Show me those people that worship him outside of the south-west.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin by Chiaka(f): 4:23pm On Apr 27, 2015
rafcrown:
PDP AT WORK AGAIN?

APC the devil that's yet to unfold
Re: US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin by SirShymexx: 4:24pm On Apr 27, 2015
The title of the thread is misleading.

There was nothing in the article, which was reported in 3rd person (though Dailybeast is a credible source) that suggested he was a drug kingpin. Laundering money for drug kingpin is different from being a drug kingpin albeit he can be accused of being an accomplice in a larger conspiracy. Regardless, he wasn't charged for anything, apart from not paying taxes on the money he deposited in his bank account. So, I don't understand what the fuss is about. Also, which Nigerian politician doesn't launder money?

Furthermore, most Nigerian elites from that era were also into drug trafficking, including the leaders. That was the Iran Contra boom, when Nigeria was a big transit point for drugs - so it isn't shocking at all. Reagan era right there. But the man does look like a crackhead though. grin

So too is “Prince” Buruji Kashamu from the People’s Democratic Party, who has faced extradition back to the United States since 1998. Kashamu was indicted by a federal grand jury in Chicago for being the elusive “Alaji,” a globetrotting drug kingpin who smuggled heroin into O’Hare International Airport from Europe and Asia. Piper Kerman, the memoirist who inspired the Netflix series Orange is the New Black, famously worked for Alaji. Kashamu denies the charges and insists that he was purportedly a counterterrorism informant to the U.S. government before and after 9/11, and that the real trafficker was his now-deceased brother.

^^^The highlighted bit cracked me up though. grin

So, this muthaphucka was an informant and he's proud of it, no? Only God knows how many informants run around that country, apart from the tons of CIA moles there. undecided

1 Like

Re: US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin by petitmonde(m): 4:24pm On Apr 27, 2015
WisdomFlakes:
cheesy According to the same article,

[/b]

So what is the point of the whole article if it ain't a hatchet job to smear him when even the almighty U.S never indicted Tinubu?

Jagaban, your enemies will not know peace. We heard worse during the elections from nta and Ait. So Abiola too was a drug kingpin?Yimu.
noise here and there.buh no crime has been level against him.level a crime against him,and call for his extradition.
If after all this year,the only thing the 'mighty' US could do is to indict him on the pages of newpaper,then,he must be doing something right.capitalizing on loopholes maybe.
Re: US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin by upcrown2512(m): 4:25pm On Apr 27, 2015
[quote author=frisky2good post=33164066]Opari

For those that were not patient enough to read the full article, here's the summary:

TINUBU WAS INVOLVED IN DRUGS IN THE US.[/quote
There’s no evidence that Tinubu was ever indicted for any crime. He eventually settled with the district court, turning over $460,000 of the seized $1.4 million, with the remainder released back to him. The Beast tried repeatedly to contact Marsha McClellan, the U.S. attorney who prosecuted the case, but was unsuccessful.
Re: US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin by LAX89(m): 4:25pm On Apr 27, 2015
frisky2good:
Opari

For those that were not patient enough to read the full article, here's the summary:

TINUBU WAS INVOLVED IN DRUGS IN THE US.

You forgot 'Money Dry Cleaning'!
Re: US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin by VolvoS60(m): 4:25pm On Apr 27, 2015
undecided

Instead of some posters to address the issues at stake, we are being harassed with pictures of Mr. Tinubu associating with America's political and business elite.

Those pictures don't prove anything. I could easily dig up pictures of Helmut Kohl, Manuel Noriega and Mobutu Sese Seko hobnobbing with US and world leaders (before their fall from grace). undecided

The issue at stake should be addressed. This thread is not a photo album.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin by aresa: 4:25pm On Apr 27, 2015

Global Eagle Foundation Award... grin grin

1 Like

Re: US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin by vislabraye(m): 4:25pm On Apr 27, 2015
olapluto:
Very empty hearsay article. No concrete stuff.

Smh.....
Re: US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin by alaoeri: 4:26pm On Apr 27, 2015
help3852:

It didn't hold water, sure…that's why He threatened court suit, hahaha in Swahili
Tell me how the propaganda worked for the ruling party? Does the electorates changed their minds against Tinubu & his party after watching the documentary? Once again baseless accusations concocted by devil's advocates.

1 Like

Re: US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin by anonimi: 4:27pm On Apr 27, 2015
andyanders:
Tinubu enters America and also has worked and even was working with Mobile when the deposits were made. If Tinubu has any drug case in America, he would not be allowed to enter the US or if he enters, he will be arrested and prosecuted.

Those who said the best way to hide something from a BLACK man is to put it in print, inside a book as we do NOT read are very correct. embarassed embarassed
Re: US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin by tonychristopher: 4:27pm On Apr 27, 2015
Igbos and ND dont worship him they dont even know the imp, it is a yoruba thing..IGBO MAN never make money finish na to come dey worship and prostrate like lizard for one person...i think i will need his contacts to do business with him
#

Maybe make my sister IYA LOJA OF South West

Tosinayoko:

1 Like

Re: US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin by Decryptor(m): 4:27pm On Apr 27, 2015
Biafranqueeen:

grin grin grin He pain am

With that your Fat cheeks and big belly- Agbaya

Who has fat cheeks and big belly? ROTFL! You probably think i am someone else (Possibly your father who is under-feeding you) Now fvck off!
Re: US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin by Rossikk(m): 4:27pm On Apr 27, 2015
Brugo:
One thing I am certain of is the US cannot and will not let a drug dealer go without a publicised indictment. You think it's Nigeria where they'll ask you to pay 750k after stealing 192 billion? You think it is corrupt EFCC we are talking about?

Dude pls shut up. You don't know the US. There are THOUSANDS of drug lords currently sitting tight and comfy from Florida to Vegas with nobody bothering them. Most police drug stings target couriers and small fry, not the dons. Tinubu is a don. That is why he walks free.
Re: US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin by datribune: 4:28pm On Apr 27, 2015
SenseiX:

There’s no evidence that Tinubu was ever indicted for any crime.

Doing another Reno Omokri/Wendel Simlin scenario is d dysfunctional & directionless PDP's idea of how to play opposition politics. smh.

What is d sense in d article when it all boils down to this - There’s no evidence that Tinubu was ever indicted for any crime. Mtcheeew

2 Likes

Re: US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 27, 2015
mmsen:

Only very foolish people believed that Tinubu has ever been an agent of change.

Buhari's reputation is equally undeserved.

The Nigerians who voted APC are in for a shock.
hope u go out with pampers well tied? Crying baby

1 Like

Re: US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 27, 2015
Rossikk:

Dude please shut up. You don't know the US. There are THOUSANDS of drug lords currently sitting tight and comfy from Florida to Vegas with nobody bothering them.
u should deep ur entire face in shame... Did u read d article? If yes, y d controversy? Cry nomore, never will southsouth rule dis nation again

1 Like

Re: US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 27, 2015
APC control center is still on. See as them dey post Tinubu pics of various awards from the west. Very soon una go see Tinubu with pope too

1 Like

Re: US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin by blym4real: 4:32pm On Apr 27, 2015
VolvoS60:

^^^
I did read the article with an open mind but it leaves me with me far more questions than answers. I will repeat again: Do people just go round giving almost half a million dollars to the US government for no reason? Does Tinubu love Uncle Sam that much? undecided

What exactly was the deal?

he neglected to file U.S.
income tax returns
after 1984 despite
having sizable, interest-
generating deposits in
American banks. It was on this account that his bank accounts were seized
magistrate
judge of the Northern
District to issue seizure
warrants for Tinubu’s
First Heritage and
Citibank accounts.
Collectively, more than
$1.4 million belonging to
the Nigerian was
confiscated

There’s no evidence
that Tinubu was ever
indicted for any crime.
He eventually settled
with the district court,
turning over $460,000
of the seized $1.4
million

1 Like

Re: US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin by aresa: 4:32pm On Apr 27, 2015
[img]http://4.bp..com/-C_iJ0H6i7TI/VFpFkU0WMfI/AAAAAAAACnQ/NgVGC1nbB6o/s1600/AWARD-TINUBU-792996.jpg[/img]

[img]http://3.bp..com/-wmCDqifl0JM/VFpFk8qvNqI/AAAAAAAACnc/d346-YYRDig/s1600/AWARD-TINUBU2-795400.jpg[/img]

The national leader of All Progressives Congress, APC and former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Ahhmed Tinubu was yesterday honoured as usual with honorary achievement award by South African based Africa's Young Entrepreneurs, AYE in Lagos.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 27, 2015
To win an election u need MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH... Maths is d NORTH while English is the WEST, d rest SS and SE re just addition. JAGABAN the GAME CHANGER
Re: US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin by aresa: 4:35pm On Apr 27, 2015
[s]
VolvoS60:

undecided

Instead of some posters to address the issues at stake, we are being harassed with pictures of Mr. Tinubu associating with America's political and business elite.

Those pictures don't prove anything. I could easily dig up pictures of Helmut Kohl, Manuel Noriega and Mobutu Sese Seko hobnobbing with US and world leaders (before their fall from grace). undecided

The issue at stake should be addressed. This thread is not a photo album.
[/s]

Maybe you need to educate us per why the same American taxpayers funded top US government officials are breaking their necks to be seen and taking pictures with a drug kingpin. Is hanging out and taking pictures with drug kingpins part of their official duties...?

Unintelligent TaNoid..

1 Like

Re: US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin by Charly68: 4:37pm On Apr 27, 2015
Very empty article indeed ,you people can not destroy the one God has made. PDP are fighting lost battle ..all these character assassination should be stopped forthwith .

1 Like

Re: US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin by sylve11: 4:39pm On Apr 27, 2015
WisdomFlakes:
cheesy According to the same article,

[/b]

So what is the point of the whole article if it ain't a hatchet job to smear him when even the almighty U.S never indicted Tinubu?

Jagaban, your enemies will not know peace. We heard worse during the elections from nta and Ait. So Abiola too was a drug kingpin?Yimu.

u know nothing about these guys. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: I Regret Supporting Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB / See Dead Bodies From Abuja Bombing (Photos) / Thief Breaks Into National Assembly Complex, Steals US Dollars, Office Equipment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.