Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,281 members, 7,826,083 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

I Slept With A Ghost - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Slept With A Ghost (5460 Views)

‘how I Slept With Prominent Pastors And Ministers’ – International Prostitute / Lagos Prostitute Confesses: “how I Slept With 30 Men Every Day” / Ese Walter Who Claims To Have Slept With COZA Pastor Abiodun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Slept With A Ghost by Dotmance(m): 10:51am On Sep 09, 2006
Can you believe this? I slept with a ghost!

You might find it difficult to believe but it is true.

I went on holiday to my village with my younger sister seeking for adventure,for i love adventure so much.We actually lodged in our grand dad's house.On this fateful night i slept as usual,but suddenly in the mid-night;i felt like easing myself on discovering that i could not move any part of me on the bed.I tried to move my head but to no avail.I later felt a movement at my back,and i saw something like a spirit coming down from the bed and disappeared.The whole part of me was heavy and for the first time i was afraid.

Could this be my grand-dad and what is the consequence?
Re: I Slept With A Ghost by adetunrayo(f): 11:03am On Sep 09, 2006
It is not ur grand pa spirit? Maybe it is ur imagination.
Anyway,u should always plead the blood of jesus.
Re: I Slept With A Ghost by bluenubian(f): 11:11am On Sep 09, 2006
ish like this freak me out men!!! aint no one wanna hear that, now how do u expect me to help u? undecided
Re: I Slept With A Ghost by KDK(m): 11:53am On Sep 09, 2006
The dead has nothing to do with the living for the Bible clearly states that: ", it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment." Hebrews 9: 27
Re: I Slept With A Ghost by bucknor33(m): 12:05pm On Sep 09, 2006
Guy,It's not a news.it happens on daily basis.Haven't u heard of familiar spirit.They come sometimes at night to oppress some one.
I was attacked by one, a couple of days back,after praising and worshipping God at about 2.30a.m in the morning and as i lay down on a sofa,I suddenly fell asleep and before I knew it,I was pressed down,so as I called the name of JESUS severally,I was relieved,I knew it was a temptation and I rebuked the familiar spirit and asked it to come back again if he is not afraid,whole and behold while lying down on the sofa,it came and pressed me again and was repeated three times.Just grow your faith and live above sin,and such familiar spirit won't come near you or even if they do,you will be a conqueror.
One love
Re: I Slept With A Ghost by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 09, 2006
so, u r alive to tell the story.
worse luck, the ghost missed ya grin grin
what if he had gotten ya? wink wink wink
Re: I Slept With A Ghost by nico(m): 2:22pm On Sep 09, 2006
You haven't slept with a Ghost
When the blood flow in your body is obstructed, it causes partial-paralysis and you can't your move body
and if it happens when you are dreaming ' then it becomes real to you.
I have this experience myself until my doctor told me, is to do with blood flow.
try different sleeping positions all the time. .It will help

OH BOY !  I'M ONLY 15 AND I'M TURNING INTO A GEEK

1 Like

Re: I Slept With A Ghost by jonpinjeff(m): 2:28pm On Sep 09, 2006
While I would not want to tottally dismiss the existence of Ghost or better rightly put Familair Spirit. Most people are oblivious of the medical phenomen know as Sleep Paralysis.

Symptoms
The primary symptom of sleep paralysis is partial or complete skeletal muscle paralysis during the hypnopompic or hypnagogic states. In other words, it is the sense of being aware that one is unable to move or speak while falling asleep or waking up. Sleep paralysis may also be accompanied by hypnagogic hallucinations.[1] These hallucinations can be auditory, tactile, and/or visual. If a polysomnography is taken, at least one of the following will be shown: skeletal muscle tone suppression, REM sleep at sleep onset, or dissociated REM sleep. The sleep paralysis persists anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes [1] before the person is able to either return to REM sleep or to become fully awake.

[edit]
Possible causes
Sleep paralysis occurs during REM sleep in order to prevent the body from manifesting the sleeper's dreams. Little is known about the physiology of sleep paralysis. However, some have suggested that it may be linked to post-synaptic inhibition of motor neurons in the pons region of the brain. In particular, low levels of melatonin may stop the depolarization current in the nerves, which prevents the stimulation of the muscles, to prevent the body from enacting the dreamt activity (ie. preventing a sleeper from running when dreaming about running.)

There is also a significant positive correlation between those experiencing this disorder frequently and those suffering from narcolepsy. However, various studies suggest that many or most people will experience sleep paralysis at least once or twice in their lives.

Some report that various factors increase the likelihood of both paralysis and hallucinations. These include: [2]

Sleeping in a supine position (facing upwards)
Irregular sleeping schedules; naps, sleeping in, sleep deprivation
Increased stress
Sudden environmental/lifestyle changes
A lucid dream that immediately precedes the episode. Also conscious induction of sleep paralysis is a common technique to enter a state of lucid dreams.
Artificial sleeping aids or antihistamines

Many cultures have different names and explanations for it.
In Chinese folk culture, sleep paralysis is referred as "gǔi yà chúang" (鬼压床), literally: "Ghost press bed": 鬼: ghost, 压: press, 床: bed. The belief is that a spirit or ghost is sitting or lying on top of the individual while they were sleeping, causing the sleep paralysis. This is thought to be a minor body possession by the forces from the dead, and usually doesn't cause any harm to the victim.

In India, there are two thoughts about sleep paralysis. One of the signs of approaching enlightenment is "witnessing sleep," that is to say, being lucid in sleep — such as with sleep paralysis. It was also believed within the movement that rakshasas (Hindu demons) may assail those making strides towards their own enlightenment and the good of all mankind. The other thought is a female entity, called Mohini (a demoness from the underworld), comes into the night-time world by means of ascending through a deep well. She is enchantingly beautiful, yet simultaneously horrific, unearthly, and deadly. Like her British Isles counterparts, she also seeks a male lover and human genetic material, presumably for the purpose of bearing a hybrid demon/human child.

In Japan, sleep paralysis is referred to as kanashibari (金縛り, literally: "bound or fastened in metal": kana: metal, shibaru: to bind, tie, fasten"wink

In Newfoundland, as a visit from the "old hag" (Irish: Ag Rog)

In Mexico, as subida del muerto (the dead climbing on top)

In Greek, as mora (in Greek: μώρα), the name cames has a Slavic root.

In Turkish
, as karabasan (black buster)
In Hazaragi, as Syahi Zer Kado (pressing ink)

In the Southern United States, people have described it as "The witch riding your back"

In Korea, it is referred as Gawinullim, (가위눌림) literally in English: "To be pressed by Gawi." The meaning of Gawi is unclear but generally known to mean "spirits" or "demons." Another word in Korean "Gawi" is a homonym that means "scissors", which creates confusion for the accurate meaning of the word.
In Indonesia, Javanese peoples called it "tindhihen" (To be seated upon)

In the Philippines,
Sleep paralysis is often associated with Bangungot.
In Vietnam, sleep paralysis is known as "ma đè", meaning a ghost or spirit lying on top of or pressing down on the person.
In the West Indies, being "ridden by a duppy"

In medieval times of Europe, attacks of sufferers of sleep paralysis may have given rise to the belief in mara, incubi, succubi, other demons and witchcraft. People in England believed that witches or hags rode on men's chests as they slept, and the feeling of being unable to breathe was attributed to a hag. This is why people who have had very little sleep may be described as looking "hag-ridden".
In traditional Russian belief symptoms reminiscent of sleep paralysis were attributed to the anger of domovoi, the home spirit, punishing people for bad husbandship or betrayal.
According to traditional Hmong beliefs, various states of sleep paralysis are thought to be the processes in which an evil spirit or demon sits down on a person usually in retaliation to wrongdoings. Some Hmong have deemed it as the process of getting 'squashed'.
Some scientists believe that many supposed occurrences of alien abduction, out-of-body travel, and other seemingly paranormal events may actually be due to misinterpreting the sensory effects of sleep paralysis.
Others have argued that sleep paralysis might be the point of separation of the "dream body" from the physical body and out-of-body travel then begins.

Traditional Islamic cultures would usually interpret this as an encounter with a Jinn (or "djinn"wink; a race of beings, similar to humans which inhabit the earth. The word "jinn" literally means anything which has the connotation of concealment, invisibility, seclusion and remoteness, and is one of the two beings (the other being Human) addressed directly in the Quran. In Islamic text, and scholarship, Jinns are considered beings, which like humans are accountable for their deeds and thus have free will. They are considered to have life and death, society, culture and religion
You can use the wikipaedia link below to find out more about it,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

So develop proper sleeping habits and positions. Ok?
Re: I Slept With A Ghost by yahoo2(m): 6:05pm On Sep 09, 2006
That was a long one. Well its good. Learnt one or two things from there cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Slept With A Ghost by Rottweiler(m): 7:49pm On Sep 09, 2006
My friend if you start experiencing such, you had better seen a genuine pastor to pray for you. Though it's difficult for others to understand, only those that feel it know it! Some would say it's superstitious. But one thing people should ask themselves is : WHAT CONTROLS THE PHYSICAL? The answer is the: SPIRITUAL!!!!!!!!!!!
You move you body, breathe, think, pass excreta/urine, etc The control room is the spiritual! When the spiritual is weak or afflicted, then the physical follows suit.

For some people, it's a daily occurence to wake up in the dead of the night and realise that they have lost control over their bodies until they feel something move away/off them. If this continues, one day you would wake up on the other side of life! Re appraise yourselves and seek spiritual help from genuine men of God (not white/blue/red/green or whatever color garment pastors)
Re: I Slept With A Ghost by Kendra(f): 9:04pm On Sep 09, 2006
i thought u meant slept as in lipsrsealed
Re: I Slept With A Ghost by Abeem(m): 9:08pm On Sep 09, 2006
@Dotmance

You have the will power to believe whatever, but the truth is told to you by NICO.  If the flow of blood in your veins is obstructed in any form, you will naturally be subjected to a temporary paralysis in the part of obstruction until the blood flow is normalized.
Re: I Slept With A Ghost by nico(m): 9:50pm On Sep 09, 2006
If u said, You slept with a Goat then I will believe you grin
Re: I Slept With A Ghost by omo(f): 10:00pm On Sep 09, 2006
nico and jopnijeff, as far as medical explanations go, ure totally correct. but lookin at it spiritually, i have to say it involves evil forces. this thing has happened to me a couple of times nd d one time when i was convinced that d devil had a hand in it was when i was feelin very sleepy one night. i didnt pray before sleepin, even if my instincts were tellin me to. sha so i hadnt completely fallen asleep when i saw this whitish image like that of a flyin ghost (d room was dark). i tried to move, but my body was all stiff and as if somethings were tightly holdin me down frm even makin d slightest move. so anyway after like 2 seconds of tryin with all my might, i succeeded in callin out Jesus' name and immediately, d image thingy vanished and i was able to move myself. that day i was terrifed but glad to be saved. so i guess its mainly evil that causes such a thing to occur but anyways, i'ld advise for you to be pretty prayerful so u can fight your way out of such brief paralysis.
one love grin grin
Re: I Slept With A Ghost by LiquidMind(m): 10:01pm On Sep 09, 2006
Shout, Holly Fire when ever you experience it again, That demon will be consumed immediately by the holly spirit fire,,
Re: I Slept With A Ghost by Free(f): 11:32pm On Sep 09, 2006
i thought u meant slept as in lipsrsealed

@kendra
lol gurl i was thinking the same thing tooo grin cheesy
Re: I Slept With A Ghost by lauryn(f): 3:50am On Sep 10, 2006
no offence, but this is hilarious! grin
laugh my friggin lil behind off grin grin grin grin
Re: I Slept With A Ghost by Uche2nna(m): 3:52am On Sep 10, 2006
Was your grandfather gay. grin grin grin
Sorry i think I have caught the bug from Akinagirl

1 Like

Re: I Slept With A Ghost by lauryn(f): 3:54am On Sep 10, 2006
hehe grin, blame it on her, y dont U? grin
Re: I Slept With A Ghost by mamaput(f): 9:42am On Sep 10, 2006
Its not funny ?
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<i have had this experience too and it was not funny.
But i saw nobody.
Re: I Slept With A Ghost by Seun(m): 11:32am On Sep 10, 2006
People kept claiming that children born with Sickle Cell Amenia were evil spirit children. Now sleep paralysis is equal to sleeping with a ghost or evil spirit? Shame on us and our silly superstitions!!
Re: I Slept With A Ghost by Meedu(m): 2:31pm On Sep 10, 2006
Na ur sixth sense. u sure say no be Bruce Willis u see.
Re: I Slept With A Ghost by aloib(f): 2:35pm On Sep 10, 2006
lmao at meedu,

thats sleep paralysis, lol happens to me wen i'm extremely tired, hahaha sometimes even happens to me every week, how can u guys say its a ghost, damn!!!
Re: I Slept With A Ghost by Divagal(f): 4:02pm On Sep 10, 2006
i totally agree with kdk. the dead stay dead. i cant explain ur experience, but i'm sure there's a logical reason for it.
if u choose to be superstitious, i can say it was an evil spirit.i know someone who had a similar experience. there's a belief that once u step out of ur room immediately after u wake up, the first person u see is the person, usually a witch. u shld accuse that person instantly and not spare them. it is also said that this person must be related to u no matter how distant, cos only them have access to ur blood. l
ol, alot of superstitious bullshit to me. thank god i have never and will never experience it.
Re: I Slept With A Ghost by Divagal(f): 4:27pm On Sep 10, 2006
and why should we even believe ur story, considering this is the first question u're posting, and maybe u just want to catch our interest?
Re: I Slept With A Ghost by Bobbyaf(m): 4:52pm On Sep 10, 2006
@ Dotmance

Can you believe this? I slept with a ghost!

You might find it difficult to believe but it is true.

I went on holiday to my village with my younger sister seeking for adventure,for i love adventure so much.We actually lodged in our grand dad's house.On this fateful night i slept as usual,but suddenly in the mid-night;i felt like easing myself on discovering that i could not move any part of me on the bed.I tried to move my head but to no avail.I later felt a movement at my back,and i saw something like a spirit coming down from the bed and disappeared.The whole part of me was heavy and for the first time i was afraid.

Could this be my grand-dad and what is the consequence?

I don't doubt your experience at all, but to be truthful it isn't your grand father.

What people refer to as ghosts are fallen angels, or demons. They can molest you while you sleep. In fact the more we open our minds to carnal things the more they approach us, or have access to us.

There are many people who believe that they can communicate with their dead relatives, based on what others have encountered in the past, but whatever experiences people might have had as it relates to such encounters, and no doubt they are real ones, it is a plan of the devel to decieve us into thinking that hen we are dead we aren't really dead.

Thats why certain people in Africa, and the caribbean region still believe in keeping in touch with their ancestors. Its even prevalent among white folks too. Its not just an african thing. Its everywhere.

People who act as mediums, or chanellers, between so-called dead ones and the living, are being used by Satan to perpetuate one of the greatest deceptions ever created.

Just make sure your soul is right with God and these molestors will leave you be.

If I were to tell you some experiences your hair would stand on its end. Satan is real and so is God.
Re: I Slept With A Ghost by omo(f): 6:14pm On Sep 10, 2006
bobbyaf wat u say is sooooo true. tnx.
Re: I Slept With A Ghost by Dotmance(m): 1:18pm On Sep 11, 2006
I really appreciate all ur contributions and God bless u all.Thanks.
Re: I Slept With A Ghost by Oluchia(f): 7:55am On Sep 12, 2006
Bobbyaf, God bless u for that. You have realy hit the nail on the head.
Re: I Slept With A Ghost by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 12, 2006
PLS, I NEED THE ASSISTANCE OF THE MEDICAL SCIENTIST HERE TO CLARIFY TO ME, WHY YOU ARE SUDDENLY RELIVED OF THE SLEEP PARALYSIS WHEN U FEEL AN INVISIBLE PERSON KIND OF STANDING UP FROM UR BODY?

I USED TO EXPERIENCE THIS A LOT, INFACT MINE WAS SO BAD THAT AT ONE PARTICULAR TIME, I FELT A TERRIBLE SLAP, I WAS NOT EVEN FULLY ASLEEP, WHEN I OPENED MY EYES, I SAW SOMETHING, BUT I CANT TELL WHAT IT WAS, BUT IT HAD THE FORM OF "MADUSA" IN CLASH OF THE TITANS. ANOTHER INCIDENCE WAS THAT WHEN I HAD THAT PRESSING/CHOKING FEELING, I WAS TRYING TO SHOUT JESUS, BUT THEN I GOT A SLAP ANH HEARD SOMETHING SAY "SHUT UP" AUTHORITATIVELY! I HAD TO GO FOR A SESSION OF DELIVERANCE BEFORE IT STOPPED.

SO MY QUESTION NOW IS, WHY DO I NOT EXPERINCE SLEEP PARALYSIS ANYMORE, SINCE I FINISHED MY DELIVERANCE?

MY PEOPLE, I KNOW THE WORLD IS GOING DIGITAL, BUT I PRAY THAT GOD WILL OPEN OUR SPIRITUAL EYES TO BEHOLD WHAT HAPPENS IN THE SPIRITUAL. REMEMBER, WE WRESTLE NOT AGAINST FLESH AND BLOOD, BUT AGAINST PRINCIPALITIES AND POWERS AND SPRITUAL WICKEDNESS IN HIGH PLACES.

PLS DO NOT LET TOO MUCH SCIENCE BLIND OUR SPIRITUAL LIFE
Re: I Slept With A Ghost by engr17(m): 10:04am On Sep 12, 2006
You are right my dear
But this is a lesson to draw you closer to GOD

I tell you YOU ARE THE BEST PROPHET TO YOURSELF

Don't forget that because its real
Re: I Slept With A Ghost by jobadver: 10:16am On Sep 12, 2006
vacancy

oas helicopters  requires the services of the following people:

1. front Desk officers
2. secretaries
3. utility officers

qualification for front desk officers
bsc. social sciences or its equivalent
proficiency in computer operation
excellent oral and written communication
ability to work without supervision
2 years and above working experience.

appearance:
good looking and smart dressing are important
female

send your cv and application essay, topic: the impact of effective public relation on organizational image. Send to the E-mail/fax below:
hm_helicopteroperator2@yahoo.com fax 01-4963431

secretaries qualification:
b.sc/hnd secretarial admininstration.
proficiency in computer operation mostly coral draw
ability to speak and write french will be added advantage
excellent oral written communication
ability to work without supervision.
2 years and above working experience.

appearance:
good looking & smart dressing are important
female.
send cv and application essay topic:Why you want to be part of the winning team to
hm_helicopteroperator2@yahoo.com or fax 01-49634131.

qualification for utility officers:
ond/nce
execellent oral and written communication
ability to work without supervision
adequate knowledge of various utility offices
1-2 years working experience.

appearance:
good looking & smart dressing are important

send cv and application essay, topic: the efficacy of the internet today not more than 200 words to  hm_helicopteroperatior2@yahoo.com or fax 01-4963431. it is open til 26th of sept 2006.

note: there is underscore in the mail address.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Allah Copied From Jewish Rabbis The Famous Qu'ran 5:32-34 / Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have / Blood Sacrifice For Wealth, Life Partner, Child Bearing, Good Health, Long Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.