Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

God Or No God? Who Cares And What Does It Really Matter? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Or No God? Who Cares And What Does It Really Matter? (2454 Views)

"I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola / Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) / Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Or No God? Who Cares And What Does It Really Matter? by KDK(m): 10:54am On Sep 09, 2006
'You believe in God; that's fine. I don't; and that's OK too.'We've all heard it said.  It's non-judgmental; tolerant; pluralistic.  But it's also desperately superficial; and not very logical.

But the big question remains? IS THERE REALLY A GOD?
Re: God Or No God? Who Cares And What Does It Really Matter? by KAG: 3:57pm On Sep 09, 2006
KDK:

'You believe in God; that's fine. I don't; and that's OK too.'We've all heard it said. It's non-judgmental; tolerant; pluralistic. But it's also desperately superficial; and not very logical.

No.
Re: God Or No God? Who Cares And What Does It Really Matter? by Seun(m): 6:01pm On Sep 09, 2006
There is no God and it doesn't matter! cheesy
Re: God Or No God? Who Cares And What Does It Really Matter? by hawaiian(f): 2:32am On Sep 10, 2006
god is good to each and everyone in this world. everyone should care because jesus is who gave you life in this world. if you don't care then you should start believing in him because before you leave earth you better start believing in him cause he believe in you no matter what,  wink ;d
Re: God Or No God? Who Cares And What Does It Really Matter? by queen2(f): 7:21pm On Sep 10, 2006
KDK:

'You believe in God; that's fine. I don't; and that's OK too.'We've all heard it said.  It's non-judgmental; tolerant; pluralistic.  But it's also desperately superficial; and not very logical.

So what do u actually believe in? nuttin i guess, u just live and everything happens to u (good or bad)just like that
Re: God Or No God? Who Cares And What Does It Really Matter? by damsol(f): 8:11pm On Sep 10, 2006
I just have to say that most of u are ungrateful.By say God does not exist,no offence pls.have u ever sat down and thought of life and death.where do you hope to go after death?who is the creator of heaven and earth?who do u think heals u when u re sick?the doctor or what?who made you what you are today.have u ever been amazed at anything on earth .who do u think created the.who gave u life?

I believe in God almighty,the creator of heaven and earth!!!!!!!!!!!am just astonished at the way some pple think.
Re: God Or No God? Who Cares And What Does It Really Matter? by queen2(f): 8:30pm On Sep 10, 2006
damsol:

I just have to say that most of u are ungrateful.By say God does not exist,no offence please.have u ever sat down and thought of life and death.where do you hope to go after death?who is the creator of heaven and earth?who do u think heals u when u re sick?the doctor or what?who made you what you are today.have u ever been amazed at anything on earth .who do u think created the.who gave u life?

I believe in God almighty,the creator of heaven and earth!!!!!!!!!!!am just astonished at the way some people think.

they know God exists only wen the have problem
Re: God Or No God? Who Cares And What Does It Really Matter? by KAG: 8:38pm On Sep 10, 2006
damsol:

I just have to say that most of u are ungrateful.

I just have to say that doesn't make any sense.

By say God does not exist,no offence please.have u ever sat down and thought of life and death.

Yes.

where do you hope to go after death?

I would hope to "exist" in a fantasy world of books and words, a world that would also allow me to visit the Earth every now and then, to see how things are going. It shuld also afford me the opportunity to visit the otehr planets in our Universe. Reality says it ain't happening though, and after I die, I will cease to exist.

who is the creator of heaven and earth?

Earth? Nobody. Heaven? Non-existent.

who do u think heals u when u re sick?the doctor or what?

Doctors play a big part, and for minor illnesses, my immune system does a good job.

who made you what you are today.

My family and friends, my teachers, and far too many experiences and people to name.

have u ever been amazed at anything on earth .

Yes.

who do u think created the.

Nobody.

who gave u life?

My parents.

I believe in God almighty,the creator of heaven and earth!!!!!!!!!!!am just astonished at the way some people think.

Good for you.
Re: God Or No God? Who Cares And What Does It Really Matter? by KAG: 8:40pm On Sep 10, 2006
queen2:

they know God exists only when the have problem

Interesting. Do you believe Cthulu exists when you lose or can't find a book to read.
Re: God Or No God? Who Cares And What Does It Really Matter? by damsol(f): 9:06pm On Sep 10, 2006
KAG,u re just being ignorant.
Re: God Or No God? Who Cares And What Does It Really Matter? by KAG: 9:39pm On Sep 10, 2006
damsol:

KAG,u re just being ignorant.

Nothing of the sort. Are you?
Re: God Or No God? Who Cares And What Does It Really Matter? by KDK(m): 10:22pm On Sep 10, 2006
@ KAG,
sad hope you don't find out the truth when it's too late.  cry  Just incase you do, remember the name KDK!!! cool
Re: God Or No God? Who Cares And What Does It Really Matter? by KAG: 12:07am On Sep 11, 2006
KDK:

@ KAG,
sadhope you don't find out the truth when it's too late. cry Just incase you do, remember the name KDK!!! cool

Alritey then. kiss
Re: God Or No God? Who Cares And What Does It Really Matter? by KDK(m): 8:59am On Sep 11, 2006
@ queen2
I agree with you
Re: God Or No God? Who Cares And What Does It Really Matter? by KDK(m): 9:04am On Sep 11, 2006
@Damsol
I am forced to disagree with you on KAG being ingnorant 'cos ignorance by definition is something attributed to one who lacks knowledge or information but in KAG's case it isn't about being informed. lipsrsealed
Re: God Or No God? Who Cares And What Does It Really Matter? by damsol(f): 9:38am On Sep 11, 2006
@KDK
ure right bt i hope it would nt be too late when they get tp realise what they re doing.
Re: God Or No God? Who Cares And What Does It Really Matter? by KAG: 11:43am On Sep 11, 2006
Wow, fallacies and borderline insults, sorry (in truth I'm not sorry) I bothered. Feel free to talk at yourselves, continuing to ignore responses to questions, and pat yourselves on your backs.
Re: God Or No God? Who Cares And What Does It Really Matter? by KDK(m): 12:28pm On Sep 11, 2006
KAG:

Wow, fallacies and borderline insults, sorry (in truth I'm not sorry) I bothered. Feel free to talk at yourselves, continuing to ignore responses to questions, and pat yourselves on your backs.

@ KAG,
I don't feel it's a case of patting backs and ignoring responses; rather we are trying to rub minds here and every1 is just making efforts to bring home their various perceptions (which may be narrow, liberal or circumspective) of this subject matter. However remember that some things may be facts but not necessarily the truth (brood over this).
Re: God Or No God? Who Cares And What Does It Really Matter? by KDK(m): 5:04pm On Sep 11, 2006
@ hawaiian
Please tell them before they realise too late.
Re: God Or No God? Who Cares And What Does It Really Matter? by kodewrita(m): 5:33pm On Sep 11, 2006
@KDK are you asking so as to gain knowledge or just to prove a point? I believe you have already formed your own conclusions on the matter but I will still ask you the What If? question. I mean what if there is a God? Then what happens to you? At the end of the day, you will still have to consider that question.

@Seun Interesting that you should make such a categorical statement. You have obviously tested the idea of the existence/non-existence of a God and made the discovery that many ponder about. You have concluded after extensive rumination that he does not exist.
Please enlighten us as to how you came about that conclusion and If possible tell us what you think would be the implications if there is and if there's not.

@KAG have fun but at the end of the day, you will answer the same question.
Re: God Or No God? Who Cares And What Does It Really Matter? by KDK(m): 5:39pm On Sep 11, 2006
@ kodewrita ,

Your belief about me may be a fact but is it the truth?
Re: God Or No God? Who Cares And What Does It Really Matter? by KAG: 7:17pm On Sep 11, 2006
KDK:

@ KAG,
I don't feel it's a case of patting backs and ignoring responses; rather we are trying to rub minds here and everyone is just making efforts to bring home their various perceptions (which may be narrow, liberal or circumspective) of this subject matter.

You say potato,

However remember that some things may be facts but not necessarily the truth (brood over this).

Some things may be "truths" but not necessarily facts.
Re: God Or No God? Who Cares And What Does It Really Matter? by KDK(m): 7:22pm On Sep 11, 2006
@KAG,
All facts are not truths but all truths are facts. (Think about it)
Re: God Or No God? Who Cares And What Does It Really Matter? by KAG: 7:23pm On Sep 11, 2006
kodewrita:

@KAG have fun but at the end of the day, you will answer the same question.

I have.
Re: God Or No God? Who Cares And What Does It Really Matter? by KAG: 7:27pm On Sep 11, 2006
KDK:

@KAG,
All facts are not truths but all truths are facts. (Think about it)

Thought about it, and it's still not all "truths" are facts. In fact to introduce a corollary, not all "truth" are grounded in reality and/or sanity.
Re: God Or No God? Who Cares And What Does It Really Matter? by KDK(m): 7:34pm On Sep 11, 2006
KAG:

Thought about it, and it's still not all "truths" are facts. In fact to introduce a corollary, not all "truth" are grounded in reality and/or sanity.

@kAG
What you said is a fact but it is not the truth. The truth is that: not all truths fit the logical mind's eye which seeks logic and substantity of that truth. Most truths are abstract in certain qualities.
Re: God Or No God? Who Cares And What Does It Really Matter? by KAG: 7:54pm On Sep 11, 2006
KDK:

@kAG
What you said is a fact but it is not the truth. The truth is that: not all truths fit the logical mind's eye which seeks logic and substantity of that truth. Most truths are abstract in certain qualities.

What I said is both fact and reality, and based on presented evidence can be accepted as a truth. Also, of course not all truths fit the "logical mind, etc", that's becaue many truths are actually devoid of logic, have little substance, and many do eventually become falsified by facts.

A much overused example: Truth - Our planetary system is geocentric, and our Holy book tells us this istrue and is a divine truth.

Fact - Based on scientific evidence and points of references, our planetary system is more accurately described as a heliocentric system.
Re: God Or No God? Who Cares And What Does It Really Matter? by KDK(m): 8:05pm On Sep 11, 2006
@ KAG,
when you say "Holy Book" ,what book exactly are you referring to?Please be specific.
Re: God Or No God? Who Cares And What Does It Really Matter? by KAG: 10:59pm On Sep 11, 2006
KDK:

@ KAG,
when you say "Holy Book" ,what book exactly are you referring to?Please be specific.

In this instance, that would be the Christian Bible.
Re: God Or No God? Who Cares And What Does It Really Matter? by KDK(m): 8:48am On Sep 12, 2006
KAG:

In this instance, that would be the Christian Bible.

Could you please show me where it is written in the bible that "Our planetary system is geocentric" . Then I will begin to accept some of your facts.
Re: God Or No God? Who Cares And What Does It Really Matter? by KAG: 10:36am On Sep 12, 2006
KDK:

Could you please show me where it is written in the bible that "Our planetary system is geocentric" . Then I will begin to accept some of your facts.

It doesn't say "our planetary system is geocentric" (I'm sure you already knew that), nor does it have to state it in that way. However, a literal reading of several verses do lead the reader to conclude that the Bible did indeed support a geocentric idea.

Some verses I've posted before:

The more popular ones: Joshua 10:12 ", and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun stand thou still, and thou moon" 13 And the Sun stood still, and the moon stayed, So the Sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day"

I Chronicles 16:30 Psalm 93:1 Verses that show the Earth does not move

Isaiah 38:8 ", So the sun returned ten degrees, by which degrees it was gone down."

(some of the verses gotten from an actual [Christian] geocentrist)

Based on those verses and several others, a geocentric model became divine truth; a divine truth that even resulted in the persecution of scientists who tried to point out the facts.
Re: God Or No God? Who Cares And What Does It Really Matter? by KDK(m): 12:21pm On Sep 12, 2006
Have you heard the word perspective before? Forget belief,take those scriptures to English experts who are atheist and ask them to please explain those writings to you as per literature.If you need help with locating some, I will gladly forward addresses of some guys in OXFORD and CAMBRIDGE. From your writings, I want to believe you are not just educated but educated to high level, please let these reflect in your expressions.Tanxx wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Religion Produces More "area Boys" (tout) In Nigeria. / RE: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Of COZA In Sex Scandal-ifeanyi Abraham / Gobe!dead Priest Wakes Up To Declare That God Is A Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.