Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,340 members, 7,853,519 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:12 PM

Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? (19354 Views)

Sanusi Lied; Cbn’s Lending To FG Is N1.467 Trn – Presidency / NNPC Missing $20 Billion Traced To Zenith Bank PLC / No Missing $20 Billion >> Sanusi Lied. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? by temitemi1(m): 2:09pm On Apr 28, 2015
We are also here to capitalize on babaonechance flaws n mistakes.
hush15:

TRUTH....

from a government that wants to totally erase the ever existence of PDP in the most slanderous way?

My brother, the truth will never be told concerning Jonathan and his government. Rather, they will keep searching till a fault is arrived at. When you understand a party like APC, you will realize that anything but truth is far from their plan. They survive on criticism, especially the one that destroys any credibility, so don't expect any truth.

Just think about it, if there was nothing, like seriously, they will come to say What!!!

those guys doesn't just want to see Jonathan out of power, the want to see his downfall and render him insignificant till he begs or revolts and they are proven right. By then, they would have completely control the minds of many Nigerians like tinubu does in Lagos.

its pure psychology, playing with the minds of Nigerians and the strategy is very clear and simple, set the people against the government, their own is to fuel it with all kinds of stories, true or false, genuine mistakes and feign ignorance on the side of government.

As at today, everybody is saying the truth except for these three categories of people: The President, The Presidency and Everyone who believes in the presidency. Which is over 12million people that are lying or blind. they even believe that the 12million were false votes by rigging. Everybody in Nigeria votes for APC....

I feel sorry for this country.

Re: Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? by bakila: 2:38pm On Apr 28, 2015
ozoigbondu:
After reading the report and it was discovered he lied he should be dethroned and sued for miainforming the public being a public nusiance raising false alarm and defaming the govr
Nobody will sue him, doing so will open fowl yanshi. The yansh of the fowls in NNPC and GOVT is full of dirt in billions of dollars.
Re: Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? by Obiagu1(m): 2:43pm On Apr 28, 2015
jusRadical:
Assuming that Buhari after assuming office, probes the issue of the 'missing' $20billion and discovers that it is all lies (though I reckon that Buhari knows the truth about the issue), what will be the atmosphere in Nigeria?

If it was a lie, the Sanusi should be thrown into prison.
Re: Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? by wearerelated: 3:08pm On Apr 28, 2015
If Sanusi was wrong you mean (not lied).

well the PWC report already mentions a certain sum is to be refunded to the state; and the Minister also confirms that.

But if by a twist of fate, it's found out that NNPC shouldn't have to refund anything - then aologies will be made, egos once bruised will be kissed. And the country pushes on to the next big thing.

However note: that may not be! the Actions of the senior officers in this parastatals of government alreday gives the perception that something is not right; and the numbers point to that too.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Apr 28, 2015
kestolove95:
And wat if he dint lie?

That is not thw topic. Read the topic. You can open another tread for that.
Re: Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? by dbestuncle: 10:09am On Apr 29, 2015
Its nice that u responded with so much maturity and u did ur best to pick my issues 1 by 1. Nigerians ar very intelligent n i am not surprise. U win because i also already agrees that there have alwaz been issues with the account of NNPC and the lack of competence on the part of the President, Goodluck Jonathan to tackle issues of corruption properly. Thanks 4 ur time n enlightenment.

obailala:
I am sick and tired of Nigerians playing dumb on this matter... Sanusi's side of the story has been explained several times on this forum and elsewhere, I do not understand why there are still Nigerians out there who still think Sanusi is the villain in this issue. I will try and respond to your list one by one:
1. He claime to b bold yet did not tell Nigerians what he knows about the fuel subsidy scam or do u think the CBN Governor does not know anything about the subsidy?To correct your awful misconception, Sanusi was the very first person who raised the alarm about the fuel subsidy scam but since the president wasn't willing to go after the cabal, Sanusi had to advise the president to completely remove the subsidy. There are over 1000 reports and youtube videos showing Sanusi calling for the removal of fuel subsidy because the fuel import cabal was defrauding the nation. You seem to be the only one who didn't see these. Good Morning!
https://www.nairaland.com/459050/sanusi-seeks-removal-fuel-subsidy
http://www.bellanaija.com/2012/04/16/cbn-governor-lamido-sanusi-advocates-for-complete-removal-of-fuel-subsidy-do-you-agree-with-him/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-16416861

2. He claime to b an honest and transparent man yet all his account balanced every year and only the year of his departure from office is when he discovered 20billion missing.To correct another awful misconception of yours, Sanusi confidentially raised the issue of the fraud going on in NNPC several times to the president. Sanusi wrote several confidential letters to the president informing him of the scams and calling on GEJ to investigate but GEJ in his usual manner ignored until one of the confidential letters was leaked to the public in late 2013 by God knows who. The matter became a scandal only in 2013 after the letter was leaked, but there were several letters which preceded the leaked one. Kindly go and read about the scandal before you make such a comment again in public.

3. What exact amount is the missing sum, our dear former CBN Governor should tell us because i remember figures were changing. $49.8billion, $12billion, $10.8 billion. $20billion. This is the most annoying and disgusting question which keeps recurring over and over again even after all the explanations. How can Sanusi know the exact amount missing when NNPC refused to submit their papers?... From his calculations, $49bn was unnaccounted for, several pleas to NNPC to explain this fell on deaf ears until the scandal hit the public. NNPC was then forced to reluctantly submit the papers which Sanusi had begged for for a long time. On receipt of the papers, the figure was reviewed down to $10bn (even Okonjo Iweala had a $10.8bn figure). On receipt of further papers from NNPC, the figure was recalculated again to be up to $20bn. As far as common sense is concerned, nobody on earth knows the real amount. Even PWC in their audit reported several unnaccounted figures and even PWC couldnt come up with any clear figures because the same NNPC refused to cooperate.

I know after all these my labour in explaining this, someone would still make this same comment of "Sanusi changing figures" again
angry undecided

4. The sum seem an exergerated figure.
Sanusi is an international award winning banker and economist and wouldn't just wake up one day to speak rubbish, go and read about the man. Wait until a proper audit is done before you conclude on anything. It beats me how Nigerians are raped by their leaders yet they end up being the ones defending the devilish leaders.

5. I personally think that if Sanusi had issues with the President and believes the best way to show Nigerians he is a pious man is by exposing issues that even he was part of in the past and also tell Nigerian his boss is bad and arosing hatred 4 the president n sentiments 4 himsef should remember that what goes around alwaz comes around.
Can you please just shut up and think. Sanusi made several attempts to confidentially complain to Jonathan about what was going on in NNPC but Jonathan did nothing until the info leaked. As far as this case is concerned, Jonathan was the one who gave himself a bad name with this mess. On the first day of the scandal, Jonathan should have just set up an investigative committee to probe the allegations of Sanusi and if he did that, Jonathan would have remained a saint. But instead what did he do?... his first reaction was to sack Sanusi for speaking out (even when cajoled to keep quiet). May God punish all the thieves and supporters of the evil going on in Nigeria.

If 20billion was missing in his final year as CBN Governor then what was missing in the first year and why didnt we hear it because i know and believe money missing has always been that administration. He failed Nigerians too and he should admit that.
You heard it in the last year because Sanusi did not want to give his boss a bad name hence he kept meeting Jonathan in secret to complain about the fraud for several years until the info on the scam was leaked to the public in the last year. Sanusi did not fail Nigerians at all!... Rather it was Jonathan who failed NIgerians by taking sides with the evil cabal against Nigerians and sacking people like Sanusi who chose to speak out.

What I do not understand is why the love for Jonathan has made a lot of Nigerians so so blind to these simple things.... But to God be the Glory, God can never be mocked... God has just delivered Nigeria from the incompetent hands of Jonathan whom out of fear will rather punish 170million Nigerians instead of punishing a few cabal members. I am sure with time, the log in the eyes of the remaining Jonathan worshippers would fall off

Re: Missing $20 Billion: What If Sanusi Lied? by obailala(m): 10:34am On Apr 29, 2015
dbestuncle:
Its nice that u responded with so much maturity and u did ur best to pick my issues 1 by 1. Nigerians ar very intelligent n i am not surprise. U win because i also already agrees that there have alwaz been issues with the account of NNPC and the lack of competence on the part of the President, Goodluck Jonathan to tackle issues of corruption properly. Thanks 4 ur time n enlightenment.

Thanks for your understanding and my sincerest apologies if I came out as rude or insulting in my response.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Wike Arrives Enugu Airport, Welcomed By Governor Ugwuanyi (photos) / Governor Sanwo-Olu Commissions Projects Facilitated By Femi Gbajabiamila / Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.