Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB (14054 Views)

Salaries Of Federal Workers / Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? / Police Teargas Nigerdock Staff Over Protest Of Unpaid Salaries (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by nonysmith(m): 10:31am On Feb 19, 2009
Men i have missed alot in this forum grin, after  reading the tread and several post i have been educated,enligthened and definetely entertained, did not know one could get so angry and show it by saying he will provide a job for such psn by may cheesy, abeg we need am ohh grin, lets all calm down and suggest a way forward for us. cos here in nairaland we are a family, not literally tho but we dey relate sha.anyway lovely thread
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by fesse(f): 12:47pm On Feb 19, 2009
I wan make the guy start to dey piss for pant

@CODED GUY
you wicked oooooooooooo. the guy wan just show ehn small talent. he tink say i go dribble or play wit n/landers brain. wel sha God dey. But make una fear this bank pple, many of dem na 419ers and gold diggers oooooooooo. pardon if i hurt some pple.
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by Usmania(m): 12:50pm On Feb 19, 2009
Hi, Guy enough of all this personal thing ur all made you points, chill
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by ayobase(m): 3:47pm On Feb 19, 2009
na today scam don start, ?
I believe u jare!!!!

Monkey dey chop baboon dey work abi?
the love of money is the root
of all evil oo!!!!
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by tkb417(m): 3:59pm On Feb 19, 2009
@CODED GUY
you wicked oooooooooooo. the guy wan just show ehn small talent. he tink say i go dribble or play wit n/landers brain. wel sha God dey. But make una fear this bank pple, many of dem na 419ers and gold diggers oooooooooo. pardon if i hurt some pple.
nah. ure not hurting anybody babes
na ur opinion and u have a right to it.
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by prizeless(m): 5:37pm On Feb 19, 2009
PHB, leading the PHB dream, keep working on guys. We are coming on strong, we will take over the banking system, probably, by off PHB
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by dremoney(m): 7:34pm On Feb 19, 2009
typical Nigerian overskilled intellects, wat baffles me is how we expect NIGERIA to change for good wen we keep discouraging folks to speak up if the need arises.

na overskill dey always kill our monkey for nigeria, d bastards accusing the poster are prolly well employed, I sincerely pray they loose their means of livelihood and face the shit Mary B and others are experiencing now, 4 chrissake, why speak for ATUCHE? allow him defend himself , let people talk, its a free world, wats it wiv opening a new account coz he's got an issue with ATUCHE? people just dey bring up issues stupidly, and since wen is it not authorised to speak up wen somefin wrong is happening in a workplace?

all dis f**kn holier than thou, confidentiality nonsense shit is what will never make NIGERIA grow, its always been said tho, our problem in Nigeria is poor and ignorant followership not leadership.
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by sayoplenty: 8:21pm On Feb 19, 2009
RE: BANK PHB ENORMUS SALARY.

I DON'T REALLY THINK U WORK WITH PHB. IS GOOD U WAIT FOR YOUR TIME INSTEAD OF TARNISHING IMAGES. angry
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by agaba123(m): 9:33pm On Feb 19, 2009
Bank scam: 2 directors, 4 top officials to refund N17bn
Lanre Adewole, Abuja
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Two directors and four officials of a new generation bank have reportedly agreed to refund about N17 billion which they alleged took from the system illegally.

advertisement

They were said to have started the re-payment.

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission had arrested them over an alleged indictment in a cheque clearing scam involving the bank and a businesswoman, Funmi Ademosu .

Nigerian Tribune also gathered from sources within the commission that the suspects would be making an appearance before investigators of the EFCC this morning in Abuja.

The appearance at the commission today was part of an agreement reportedly reached between the commission and the suspects, while being granted an administrative bail by the commission, following their arrest over the alleged scam.

Commission’s spokesperson, Mr. Femi Babafemi confirmed that the suspects would be appearing at the commission’s office in Abuja this morning.

Bank scam: 2 directors, 4 top officials to refund N17bn
Lanre Adewole, Abuja
Thursday, February 19, 2009

According to him, “I know that they are reporting this morning as part of the administrative bail granted them, but I don’t have the details of the matter now.”

The commission had also got a remand order from a Chief Magistrate’s court sitting in Life Camp, Abuja, to keep the suspects till today.

It was, however gathered that before the expiration of the remand order, the suspects and the commission reached an agreement on the refund of the money involved in the alleged scam, which the suspects were said to have started paying back.
http://odili.net/news/source/2009/feb/19/605.html

Not the most credible newspaper but if this report is true, then the OP has got it all wrong.
Why would they accept to refund if they were not guilty?
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by Rhea(f): 8:37am On Feb 20, 2009
@Tubbytubby
Thanks for the exposition. Kindly provide more proof, documentary evidence and stuff. It's going to make your allegation less one-sided, which is what it is for now.
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by Wallie(m): 2:25am On Feb 21, 2009
I agree with some of the posters that said this is the only way for the guy to blow the whistle. There’s nothing wrong in blowing the whistle on dishonest people. It’s now up to journalist or EFCC to take that info and see if they can make anything out of it or determine that the OP is just delusional,

I guess I wouldn't be surprised if the allegations are true or they have some elements of truth to them. I don't see how any sophisticated investor can invest in the Nigerian market when most of their books are cooked. But I guess there comes a time when the benefits outweigh the risks…especially with the kind of returns people are getting a couple of years ago.

I understand that some foreign companies cook their books also or at least perform some borderline legal “creative accounting” but at least you can be rest assured that you can get some information about the publicly traded ones except of course you’re Madoff.

I truly hope the financial sector doesn’t collapse because Nigeria’s future depends on it.
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by jlag(f): 6:30pm On Feb 21, 2009
i have just one sentence for u "get a life".
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by J4Life1: 12:13pm On Feb 22, 2009
Hello Mr, if your allegations are true, then warning the public about it may be a good thing,
but if you are not bold enough to give your name probably because you want to secure your
job{if you still work there}, then stop backstabbing your company and instead INFLUENCE
A CHANGE, if you feel you cant do that, then KEEP SHUT because if you a set a house on fire that
you stay in, you will GET BURNT in it as well.
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by enspirito: 11:50am On Feb 23, 2009
@tubbytubby, u aint as smart as u think bro. i dont need a soothsayer to tell me u gonna be leaving PHB soon. all the top shots need to do is watch out for sumone leaving anytime from now. they can narrow it to your department. now u say u going to KPMG. if u're smarty enough u will agree it aint gonna be too hard knowing which of u guys that leave within this period goes to KPMG>and with ur present dept it aint gonna be hard nailing u and they just gonna be on your ass all your life. and dont start deceiving urself that the info u put on your post is misleading. better get your acts together and sit tihgt. take my good advice, WATCH YOUR BACK
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by tkb417(m): 12:58pm On Feb 23, 2009
typical Nigerian overskilled intellects, wat baffles me is how we expect NIGERIA to change for good wen we keep discouraging folks to speak up if the need arises.

na overskill dey always kill our monkey for nigeria, d bastards accusing the poster are prolly well employed, I sincerely pray they loose their means of livelihood and face the shit Mary B and others are experiencing now, 4 chrissake, why speak for ATUCHE? allow him defend himself , let people talk, its a free world, wats it wiv opening a new account coz he's got an issue with ATUCHE? people just dey bring up issues stupidly, and since wen is it not authorised to speak up wen somefin wrong is happening in a workplace?

all dis f**kn holier than thou, confidentiality nonsense shit is what will never make NIGERIA grow, its always been said tho, our problem in Nigeria is poor and ignorant followership not leadership.
In the posse of the witless, you'll be a crown prince
get a life and dont be a retard.

what have you said? so anybody can come online and say ur father stole money with no evidence?
why do i bother? u cant even punctuate ur epistle called post
go sleep or self-service away u dolt!
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by Iranoladun(f): 4:01pm On Feb 23, 2009
Where is Tubbytubby the Poster? Has he/she gone underground??
End of story!!!
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by education1: 7:32pm On Feb 24, 2009
This poster need some education. GO Get some,
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by Dmajesty(m): 2:54pm On Feb 25, 2009
@FHC
Is that the topic on ground? or do you want to start another thread altogether?
pls go to job seeking thread and advertise shuuuuuuuuuu.
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by yahaziz(m): 7:46pm On Feb 27, 2009
hi , im chillin.
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by feliar(f): 12:40pm On Feb 28, 2009
I actually heard about this post from a friend and was quite impressed by the response it has generated so far - some of us have been a bit harsh and quite a few have taken the time to really analyse the issue under discussion.

this blogger has simply taken an initiative to express himself using a public medium perhaps cos - as is peculiar to most naija companies - we do not have such whisle blowing policies in place which enable one to speak up anonymously or other wise on issues of concern to them.
where we cannot be assured of adequate protection why should one give up his anonymity. wouldn't make much sense. we see corruption on a large scale everyday and we cannot do anything about it - down at our level - what makes us feel we can do something about it when it's perpetrated way up there - on management level. sides we all know the unfortunate truth - one cannot take such fights to the legal system and expect any fairness or justice. we can only do the little we can from where we sit.

if the blogger felt he had no other alternative than to take his case to the public - to create an awareness that would otherwise be lost on all of us - then i think we should only applaud him.
if the inbuilt scale of right and wrong, justice and injustice, good and bad is functioning within us as should be, then it will not matter if you are ratting out on your father - FOR DOING SOMETHING WRONG - if it is impacting on the lives and families of dozen others. we need to try to do what is right and fair. not because an organization pays your salary, should you sit, legs crossed and watch as they play chess with peoples' lives. cos tomorrow it could be you while some one else plays nintendo with your career and life while others take a passive onlooking position.

i quite frankly believe that until we get a functional whistle blowing channel in operation and even develop the culture of speaking up against the things that are wrong we will remain saddled with the guilt caused by sins of ommission - things we should have done which we didn't do.

for the blogger with the link to the Argo incident - if the slur was indeed valid - the organization wouldnt have been able to fire the staff. if the staff really had something valid and substantial against his employer, he would defiitely be seeking legal action and not apologising. so let's not conclude based on that. i really believe that unless expressly stated in a contract, there is really nothing that stops an employee from spilling on his employer where there are personal rights violations or outright acts of felony on the part of the employer.

let's also not be so quick to condemn based on biting the hands that are feeding you but reason that regardless of who is paying the piper, the truth cannot and should not be repressed. he may have an obligation to preserve the information he has been privy to, but as christians i believe that we are more bound by the law of God which is in our hearts than the law of man. permit me here - although i have tried to avoid bringing our religious inclinations to an issue that could solely stand as business - but sometimes while carrying out our business we need to look at things not only through the business perspective but also as God would want us to. should we then condone the excesses of a narcissistic boss just to preserve the terms of a contractual agreement, which he so clearly is unwilling to honour.

anyways whatever the case may be - clearly we have identified salient issues we need to address, namely - the influence our employers have over us - as our employment contracts so clearly binds us, our need to establish whistle blowing devices in our organizations and regulatory bodies to enable and protect informants to speak up on various contraventions they might witness within an organization. employees need to be bound only in so far as no laws are broken - as this case is concerned, if someone is involved in an embezzlement - then all involved should go down. no one deserves protection just cos he is the boss. in fact as the boss you should actually be the wiser of all.

so if this blogger has information to back up his claims - please send it to the proper authourities, and let's pray that justice will be served.
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by tubbytubby(m): 8:13am On Mar 04, 2009
@ayobase
my guy thank you o, na real monkey dey chop baboon dey chop
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by tubbytubby(m): 8:23am On Mar 04, 2009
men some people on nairaland will never cease to amaze me.
what i did was to write what was going on at my former workplace to warn jobseekers to be careful, cuz some people actually leave banks where they get a an average salary to bankphb thinking it is all rosy there,even though it isnt rosy anywhere but over there in phb they murder careers and thats what i did to post my opinion then some fools who will die young and who wont mind their businesses are ranting that i should go to authorities,some say i what i did was wrong.well i will take this seriously and reply to each of you calling names but first i will like to say some opinions on here are so stupid, i just wrote what i felt , why dont you go and have a chat with mary bassey or emma abugu.these were ED's that got sacked, go and ask them how they feel and get opinions then you will see that what i wrote is just a tip of the iceberg, all i am saying is job seekers be careful
am happy a lot of people read this thread and made sensible replies but the other fools saying rubbish are probably bankphb present workers who will loose their jobs soon with time, if not today but before you get to your own 10years.Am talking to people like prizeless.you will come back to this thread and tell your own sadder story.

This year there will be joy to the wise----have already been wise by resigning and going for an offer with KPMG.I already concluded the important aspect and going for medical on tuesday thats why i have not been on here as i was busy negotiating a smaller peace of mind package.

I wish all jobseekers on nairaland success.
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by tubbytubby(m): 9:09am On Mar 04, 2009
@ enspirito.i wish you will use the tiny empty brains God borrowed you because i am sure you will loose all of it soon as you might just die on the road since you have no sense, have you heard of all the people they gave letters of termination, have you heard how people go to work very scared to open their emails as it might contain a letter of disaster,so mr no sense can you tell me how they will fish me out of the hundreds that are already sacked, did you hear they were 90% marketers and tell me how fair that is.Well a lot of things are not fair in the world.
@tkb417 why do you insult other people , which evidence are you looking for.am i begging you to believe or did i tell you i wanted to get any1 arrested for any offence,why don't you go and ask nuhu ribadu the evidence govt had to handle him the way he was handled.Go and cry to your father to give you the evidence of my first post and then come and post it here.jobless man like you.If you have sense you would have read it in the papers about the 17bn fraud on a new generation bank or heard it from a well informed friend of yours.you probable are some irresponsible guy who is lucky to use free internet with some yahoo boys when they are less busy.I think it is you that self-services, you sound like some jobless piece of shit
@feliar thanks gurl, a lotta people can never learn in this world,why can't they just read and go,instead they will write nonsensical replies and that is what is spoiling nairaland, people go off point a lot and it is indeed very bad
@grade |Do you know there are some people in this Nigeria you cannot fight.I had no problem with my department and my direct oga i.e Solomon .It was that FA guy who is the cause of the whole problem but how can i face him, who am i to say a word to him.where will i start from,i cant fight him on his own bank that he built with his own strenght.all i could do is just tell job seekers to be careful as all that glitters isnt gold
@duduspace you poor begging nigerian in diaspora.i hope oneday you will stop cleaning toilet and come and get a civilized job in nigeria thats if you have a degree to your name.I am no coward,I am not fighting with anyone at all in the bank,i have a good relationship with my boss till i left and even now and people like maryb i dont even know one on one,i just heard about her struggles before i even joined the bank and how she got sacked so use your head,i have no pity for all those people that got sacked but i just make it known to people out there that in that bank anything can happen to you no matter what you have put in.BASTARD
@broucher you got a job in internal control but now no more internal control or have you not heard that my dear oga has been taken to REMEDIAL--i.e to pursue people owing the bank money and everyone is praising HALELUYAH.Fool like you i said be careful about going to bank phb and don't look at pepper.Pls Nairalanders help me check it out.He left his former job for better pepper in internal control but now internal control boss has been transferred to remedial that had an oga there before o but because no space of where to put former Internal control boss,they forced him to go and co-head remedial, doesnt that mean bad that next level is for them to dissolve the unit.and now that there are downsizing the bank,person that just came in less than a month in a now useless department would be told to go.Pray for another job my brother
@kcbaba i wish you luck in your search but not with those people
@emperoh i tell you man a lot of employers prosper beyond with disloyal people because all that will happen is if you don't play their game then they tell you to move out.thats how simple it is in working in nigeria so remove your baseless post
@finecat i have seen all your posts abeg just leave all them stupid people on here.did you hear that the bank ceo's are buying jets and they have been justifying the reasons.this world as far as you under any company.Na monkey dey work baboon dey chop.after this my kpmg job which i pray to do for 4 years, i am starting my own business.
@ajanlekoko oga where should i have brought the matter to.to your father's house abi
@pennywise TKB is the biggest fool on this earth,he thinks he is close to management in phb and then supporting their ass here,hewill be surprised ,people that built the bank with FA where are all of them today, talk more less of TKB that just came in cuz any1 having time to be writing on nairaland including me can't be like 40yrs and above and old people for phb like mary b will be like 40 but where are they today
@dlox thank you o.whats wrong wit me sharing my own opinion and as per documents,i can't be making photocopies of documents from my department to prove these things ,that one will be totally off da hook and my oga like Solomon may loose his job and i dont even have that kind of oppurtunity again cuz i have left them
@druss i will keep doing all i can to expose all these yeye people

I will continue later
am out of all the vagabonds saying rubbish on here.i will reply you the vagabond way
OPINIONS ARE LIKE ASSHOLES EVERYONE HAS GOT ONE
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by tkb417(m): 9:27am On Mar 04, 2009
men some people on nairaland will never cease to amaze me.
what i did was to write what was going on at my former workplace to warn jobseekers to be careful, cuz some people actually leave banks where they get a an average salary to bankphb thinking it is all rosy there,even though it isnt rosy anywhere but over there in phb they murder careers and thats what i did to post my opinion then some fools who will die young and who wont mind their businesses are ranting that i should go to authorities,some say i what i did was wrong.well i will take this seriously and reply to each of you calling names but first i will like to say some opinions on here are so stupid, i just wrote what i felt , why dont you go and have a chat with mary bassey or emma abugu.these were ED's that got sacked, go and ask them how they feel and get opinions then you will see that what i wrote is just a tip of the iceberg, all i am saying is job seekers be careful
am happy a lot of people read this thread and made sensible replies but the other fools saying rubbish are probably bankphb present workers who will loose their jobs soon with time, if not today but before you get to your own 10years.Am talking to people like prizeless.you will come back to this thread and tell your own sadder story.
This year there will be joy to the wise----have already been wise by resigning and going for an offer with KPMG.I already concluded the important aspect and going for medical on tuesday thats why i have not been on here as i was busy negotiating a smaller peace of mind package.

I wish all jobseekers on nairaland success.
1)ure a nonentity so ill choose my words carefully
2) why curse people because they asked you to bring facts and stop dropping names. die young, lose jobs, die and reh reh reh only show the kind of person you are. a tout on the streets!! you work in KPMG?
i dare you to tell me the unit and ill get ur ass whooped in 5 seconds!!

u actually think NL is all for job seekers. i laff in swahili
ur IQ reads like an odometer in a vintage car with no schocks!
get a life and carry ur aggro to ur slum u this faggotty tubby grin
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by tkb417(m): 9:31am On Mar 04, 2009
@tkb417 why do you insult other people , which evidence are you looking for.am i begging you to believe or did i tell you i wanted to get any1 arrested for any offence,why don't you go and ask nuhu ribadu the evidence govt had to handle him the way he was handled.Go and cry to your father to give you the evidence of my first post and then come and post it here.jobless man like you.If you have sense you would have read it in the papers about the 17bn fraud on a new generation bank or heard it from a well informed friend of yours.you probable are some irresponsible guy who is lucky to use free internet with some yahoo boys when they are less busy.I think it is you that self-services, you sound like some jobless piece of shit
why do you post without some sence?
stop blowing hot air you poof!

If im jobless, then the whole of your ancestors will be what?
im sure your lineage wouldnt be as productive as ive been in few years.
Get the most senior in ur slum to represent your ass in this convo cos you cant match.
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by tkb417(m): 9:43am On Mar 04, 2009
pennywise TKB is the biggest fool on this earth,he thinks he is close to management in phb and then supporting their ass here,hewill be surprised ,people that built the bank with FA where are all of them today, talk more less of TKB that just came in cuz any1 having time to be writing on nairaland including me can't be like 40yrs and above and old people for phb like mary b will be like 40 but where are they today
close to mangement? just came in?
whats this guy talking about?

u think i work with phb? u can do better with ur brains next time.
FYI, i dont think the AP where ure going will earn what i earn. and thts a fact!!!!!!!
go blow the sawdusts in ur brains
not everybody is a retard. make a date at the RCCG convention camp with Adeboye,
u need deliverance from the clutches of lucifer
ure insane!!
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by tubbytubby(m): 1:36pm On Mar 04, 2009
TKB is the greatest fool on nairaland,i have read your previous posts on other threads
silence is the best answer for a fool like you.besides its not all about money
get a job man
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by Finecat(m): 1:40pm On Mar 04, 2009
@tkb417

How old are you?? Have you ever had any job before in your life. Pls. answer these question before i can talk to you.

@tubby

Congratulations, you are a wise man. You have foresights. Not just PHB but almost all the banks in Nigeria are sitting on a keg of gun powder. They have fraudulently and carelessly destroy banking in Nigeria. Since there are no more big oil money deposit, banks dey catch cold. My brother enjoy your time at KPMG. they are a reputable company.
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by tkb417(m): 2:45pm On Mar 04, 2009
@tkb417

How old are you?? Have you ever had any job before in your life. Pls. answer these question before i can talk to you.
im not 30 yet. late twenties and i work in a world class place where bonuses and emoluments are staggering enough to make you lose ur sleep for life!
nuff said, you can sniff around. I roll in gidi enuff for u not to miss my siggy. 417
whos ur mate? lol
ure a dic'khead

any more questions?
i drive a SUV u can only read in the MAG. Ask me more slowpoke!

u berra read ur books and stop spewing poppycocks!!
i have una time today today! grin grin grin
morons

TKB is the greatest fool on nairaland,i have read your previous posts on other threads
silence is the best answer for a fool like you.besides its not all about money
get a job man
ure the biggest retard on webspace!!! grin grin grin
its not about money but its about job abi?
u cant even speak english to save ur life!!

u and wildcat can hang for all i care
maggots!
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by HNIC(m): 6:46pm On Mar 05, 2009
@tkb417
You dey vex like this!
Take it easy with these guys ooh!
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by tkb417(m): 6:59pm On Mar 05, 2009
@tkb417
You dey vex like this!
Take it easy with these guys ooh!

vex ke? grin grin
when ure in Rome, you behave like the Romans
these are agberos and im ready to unleash my street traits grin grin

nutn biggie, just some misplaced aggro from some poofs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Minimum Height Does An Individual Need Before Joining The Nigerian Army / 7 Advantages Of Being Self-employed / Travel Aboard Or Stay In Nigeria To Invest More.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.