Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB (14058 Views)

Salaries Of Federal Workers / Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? / Police Teargas Nigerdock Staff Over Protest Of Unpaid Salaries (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by tubbytubby(m): 8:09am On Feb 03, 2009
I am a staff of internal control BankPHB so I get to know a lot of things going on in the internal system.

Do you guys know these 419 people are very heartless e.g Almighty FRANCIS ATUCHE(FA), he has sacked all his pioneer staff who suffered with him in building the bank e.g. is Mary Bassey(Ali Baba’s Wife) who did the best marketing in this country all in the name of growing her bank and he sacks her and others (before she clocks 10 years in the bank partly to avoid paying her 10 years span benefit which will amount to maybe 70 million) on a fraud known as HOMETRUST  which he started with his own hands and its his own gameplan - partly to get possession of SPRING BANK with  FUNMI ADEMOSUN whose wife is a top woman in ACCENTURE.

FA is the whole master planner of the 17 billion scam but other innocent victims like my boss Solomon Omoregieva, Ahmed Kuru, Emma Abugu, and many others suffer great career losses and sleepless nights which my boss is always in the office all night not knowing FA is the whole master planner who knows what he is doing. Everyone will be sacked one by one soon and then he will put his so called 419 brains in the system.

This thread is for u job seekers stay away from BankPHB or else you will be used and be a victim of career shatter.Don’t leave your bank to cross to PHB or else you will have yourself to blame because soon they will find a crime on you and sack u and then you wont be able to get other jobs. Their salaries are enormous but without job security. All that glitters is not gold. Please forward this to bankers you know.
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by Cristalz(f): 8:19am On Feb 03, 2009
Serious allegations,mister. Got any proof? grin
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by tubbytubby(m): 8:30am On Feb 03, 2009
I have got more than proof,you in abuja, why dont u pop into EFCC office and u will see MARY B in coffers
also didnt u read the papers last week of the 17billion scam
am yet to scan it so i can put on here
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by Adido(m): 8:34am On Feb 03, 2009
O boi u harsh o. Watin FA do u now wey u just dey halla am 4 more than one postings?
I sha hope say ur facts are right cos 4rm wat I knw about PHB, they are very progressive and forward thinking.
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by Adido(m): 8:36am On Feb 03, 2009
So wats ur beef now? Were u dismissed/sacked? Are u still a staff in PHB?
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by tkb417(m): 8:48am On Feb 03, 2009
and what the fck are u still doing there?
if u still collect thier salary and ure doing this, then u shld be sacked!!!

wht do u hope to achieve by bringing down the bank? u want u and others to lose thier jobs? think abeg

Although i heared about the 17billion thingy and i heared thats why they couldnt do the last attempt at matching Oceanics pay.
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by tollu: 8:53am On Feb 03, 2009
WOW!!! Some grievous allegation up in here.
Tubby, scan stuff quick, hungry for some gist about all these miracle banks  tongue

Ahn ahn, TKB u just burst into my post. tongue (I had to add this part angry )
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by tkb417(m): 9:07am On Feb 03, 2009
Tollu
wassup, lets hook up on YIM when ure less busy ok?
leave these bank people alone grin
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by 9ijaprince(m): 10:48am On Feb 03, 2009
I think this guy is on a vendetta mission,check his details,he just registered just this morning,all his 7 posts is on creating bad image on bank Phb, Bros we need proof.
stop urinating in ur kitchen.
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by GoldCircle: 11:25am On Feb 03, 2009
Really, I expect the poster to rise up to the challenge & give concrete facts here! Fine!! We all read the =N=17billion scam and obviously there must be scapegoats! But the question remains: how this thing take rub you personally?? On the contrary, na to ur advantage o! After dem sack all these big fishes dem, then they'll promote you and you too will become a big fish! grin grin waiting to be sacked as well!
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by Finecat(m): 1:18pm On Feb 03, 2009
This poster is very correct. I also know about this fact, but the only thing false about his story is that FA is behind all this. No he is not, it carry more weight than FA. BankPHB is among the banks that are in trouble financially, just last week Afribank was going to trim their workers by 700. They stopped it because of fear of what he might cause to the financial sector. They ended up forcing 27 senior staff to retire. Most of Nigerian banks are being run down and most of them are in serious trouble. I posted this last year and some people were calling me names, well here it comes. You better get the hell outta way. Did you guys hear what Erastus of Intercontinental bank said?? I feel sorry for bankers in this new year. The issues at bankPHB is more than one man doing it all. The entire Nigerian financial sectors is full of liars who will not tell the truth. Remember Soludo saying the global crisis will not affect Nigerian economy?? See what is happening now. These guys are born idiots.
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by Finecat(m): 1:26pm On Feb 03, 2009
Nigeria: Global Recession - Banks Move to Stave Off Murky Waters
Kingsley Ighomwenghian
27 January 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Email|Print|Comment
Share this on:
analysis

Afribank Nigeria last week came close to announcing job cuts as part of plans for a wholesale transformation programme 'meant to enable the bank retake her pride of place in the financial services industry, grow holistically and to offer superior returns to investors'.

The main thrust of the growth plan is to make the bank run at a high level of efficiency and best practices.

The bank announced the voluntary retirement of 10 management staff, without offering further details in what is seen as a purge that would trim its workforce by about 700.

This, according to a source close to the group, has resulted to tension across the various cadres of staff. The source told Daily Independent at the weekend that about 27 management staff were actually retired 'voluntarily', most of whom were heads of department in the first phase, which involved officials from the rank of senior principal manager to general managers.

Officials of the bank however insisted on Monday evening that the 10 management staff were affected, wondering the source of the contrary information.

The second phase is expected to affect those from the rank of senior manager and below.

The right sizing is said to be based on the outcome of an exercise on the staff conducted last April by the consulting firm of KPMG.

The commencement of the implementation by management is said to be causing tension across the bank's offices nationwide, despite the promise that human face would be given to the exercise. The uncertainty is even worsened by the lack of information on the criteria employed for the job cut, but the source believes that age, academic qualification, number of years of service, position currently held and length of years on current grade are possible criteria that would be used.

According to a statement by LanreAlabi, a Principal Manager and Head, Corporate Affairs of the bank, the ongoing plan 'covers human capacity development, overhauling of IT platform, capital raising, market refocusing and development'. The bank has in the last one year engaged in massive training and rejuvenation of its workforce and operational processes and expanded its market facing units. It is also implementing Enterprise Wide Risk Management. This is designed to enable it manage operational risks that may arise from local and international markets.

"The bank believes that the plan will enable it achieve faster growth rate, maximise opportunities and face global competition with superior strengths."

The action by Afribank Nigeria is so far the boldest hint of the grim realities of the country's share of the ongoing global economic recession currently sweeping across Europe, America and Asia like hurricane. Some others are expected to announce similar right sizing and voluntary retirements soon as they grapple with the grim realities of the global crisis. Before now, some have wondered: "When will Nigerian banks start downsizing or they are all perfectly immune from the world financial crisis," as Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, Governor, Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) continues to assure the country since the past weeks. CBN declared that Nigerian banks can withstand any shock from the global crisis, owing to their huge capital base of about N2.7 trillion at the end of last September, adding that this is one of the two shock absorbers that the country can fall back on to stave off recession even while U.S. announced that it slipped into a recession around December 2007 following the sub-prime mortgage crisis.

Nigerian banks have until now behaved as if they are cocooned from the crisis in the outside world, even as they deny unsuccessfully that their foreign correspondent banks withdrew their credit lines in the wake of the global crisis.

According to Chief Executive Officer of the Intercontinental Bank, Erastus Akingbola, the global financial crisis can indeed affect Nigerian banks, because 'all these banks abroad have relationships with us. This is because some of these foreign banks have confirming lines with us, some even place dollars with some Nigerian banks'.

Akingbola, who is also the President/Chairman, Council of the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN), explained that owing to the problems the foreign banks are having, "it is only natural that they will come for their money (after all), you can't have your own money and be suffering."

Job Cuts By Banks Abroad

Unlike the situation among the country's banking groups, financial institutions abroad are more forthcoming with necessary information on plans to reduce their workforce in reaction to current realities. For instance, Bank of America said it plans to cut between 30,000 and 35,000 jobs over three years following the completion of its takeover of Merrill Lynch. Credit Suisse has announced more than 7,000 job cuts globally while Britain's Barclays Bank says it is planning to lay off 2,100 workers globally across its investment banking and wealth management businesses to match the 'current market conditions', according to the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC).

A breakdown of the figure shows that 1,300 jobs will go at investment arm of Barclays Capital, 500 axed at Barclays Wealth and 370 trimmed at Barclays Global Investors. About 500 of the total jobs lost would be in UK, even as the bank in few weeks ago announced that about 400 other jobs would go - mainly in its IT departments in Cheshire and London.

Financial institutions that have also announced job cuts include Spanish bank (Santander), which has said it will cut 1,900 jobs in its three UK businesses --- Abbey, Alliance & Leicester and Bradford & Bingley. UK firm (Cattles), which offers loans to risky borrowers, plans to cut 1,000 positions after its business was hit by the effects of the credit crunch. Nomura, a Japanese financial services group said in December that it would cut its staff in London by up to 1,000 after it bought parts of the failed U.S. bank (Lehman Brothers).

So far, it is not known how many jobs will be lost in Nigeria, even as hints suggest that many of them have already stopped or reduced the bogus salaries and upfront payment to their staff. There are cases of those who raised staff salaries only to rescind the decision weeks later, just as one bank is involved in non-payment of dividend declared to the chagrin of shareholders.

A newspaper also reported last week that banks may have started serious cost cutting, particularly the non-essential expenditures hitherto associated with their department and branch operations in such areas as travel and telecommunication, advertising budget, among others.

Rates Hike

The high operating cost, as banks power their branches and business units with plants, security and water, among others, have had serious implications on their capacity to facilitate credit and earn income. To shore up their earnings and make up for their shrinking businesses, increased level of loan defaults, falling value of naira against other major currencies, the banks have also increased interest charges for all categories of loans. While term deposit rate is now between 18 and 22 per cent, retail loans under 90-day window is now priced at 25 per cent, up by six basis points from 19 per cent, just as monthly repayment by debtors has also increased. Interest on manufacturers or commercial or retail borrowers have grown from 20 per cent to between 22 and 25 per cent depending on whether the customer is blue-chip or not. Term deposits have also risen from 12 to 18 per cent while savings rate is now 6.0 per cent.

As a result of the above, importers are expected to pay high premium on maturing letters of credit, following the drop in the value of naira at the foreign exchange. A source hinted that as a result of the confusion and looming doom, banks now withhold loan applications, after reviewing the interest rate on margin loans from 18 per cent to between 22 and 25 per cent in November, in a bid to meet up with the shortfall from the global meltdown.

Nigerian Stock Market Drops By N1.612tr

Relevant Links
West Africa
Banking and Insurance
Economy, Business and Finance
Nigeria
There is no particular aspect of the economy that the effect of the global economic crisis has been felt in a pronounced manner than the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE). Between the end of 2008 and last weekend, for example, the value of equities listed on the NSE has nose-dived by over N1.612 trillion while the All-Share-Index caved in to a four-year low of 24,000.09 basis points, representing a decline of about 7,450.69 points or 23.69 per cent within the period under review. At the beginning of 2005, the NSE index hovers around 20,000 points in 2005, closing at 33,322.47 points while capitalisation closed at N4.244 trillion that year.

Page 1 of 212Read comments. Write your own.

AllAfrica aggregates and indexes content from over 125 African news organizations, plus more than 200 other sources, who are responsible for their own reporting and views. Articles and commentaries that
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by DisGuy: 7:03pm On Feb 03, 2009
The bubble. . . .?

I still dont understand how the CBN governor can make those statements
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by tubbytubby(m): 7:36am On Feb 04, 2009
i still work there of course but crossing to KPMG, i got an offer
and ode why wont i just open the account, so you want me to be caught
get out, people like you never want the truth told,
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by ogunniyi2: 11:44am On Feb 04, 2009
This is a very unfortunate situation so to say…Mark you, the problem with Nigerian banks is administrative cum political in nature. Imagine when banking sector keep employing some dead woods as leader of the banks taking strategic position, all because of political connection. Take for instance, RONKE F ODUSOTE, a non performer, dropped [redundant& outmoded] down by Zenith bank was imposed on some committed staffs of First bank because of her God father [enough evidence, but this will be kept secret for now because of first bank image].

IN ANORGANISATION WHERE DUE PROCESS IS NOT BEING FOLLOWED TO THE LETTER, THEREBY PUTTING SQUARE PEGS IN A ROUND HOLE, TRYING TO SATISFY THE WHIMS AND CAPRICES OF SOME STINKS OF SINDICATE DE CAUCUS…WILL DEFINITELY MEETS ITS WATERLOO!!
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by tkb417(m): 12:05pm On Feb 04, 2009
This is a very unfortunate situation so to say…Mark you, the problem with Nigerian banks is administrative cum political in nature. Imagine when banking sector keep employing some dead woods as leader of the banks taking strategic position, all because of political connection. Take for instance, RONKE F ODUSOTE, a non performer, dropped [redundant& outmoded] down by Zenith bank was imposed on some committed staffs of First bank because of her God father [enough evidence, but this will be kept secret for now because of first bank image].

IN ANORGANISATION WHERE DUE PROCESS IS NOT BEING FOLLOWED TO THE LETTER, THEREBY PUTTING SQUARE PEGS IN A ROUND HOLE, TRYING TO SATISFY THE WHIMS AND CAPRICES OF SOME STINKS OF SINDICATE DE CAUCUS…WILL DEFINITELY MEETS ITS WATERLOO
una just dey drop names for here. na wa o lipsrsealed
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by Finecat(m): 2:18pm On Feb 04, 2009
How many of you really thought that Nigerian banks can sustain the level at which they are going ?? These banks pay semi-illiterates millions of Naira as salary and those bank workers turn around and treat customers like they are doing the customer a favor for banking with them. Imagine that, even the companies that treat customers well are struggling to make it not to talk of some overpaid illiterate in suits. You work into a Nigerian banking center and they treat you like you have come to disturb them. That intercontinental bank still owes me about 2M and as soon as i get to Nigeria, i'm filling a lawsuit.
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by Jonohjon: 3:09pm On Feb 04, 2009
Having spent the first 8 years of my career in the banking sector, I do agree that some of the banks result posted are at times exaggerated, that is not to say that they are ficticious (I hope the wise and intellects amongst us understand that). No one but a fool will undermine the role these same banks have played in the socio-economic development of this nation of ours (and just before u mention that they don't support the real sector of the economy) if nothing at all they constantly mop up about a fifth of our half baked graduate on a yearly basis. Yeah their business models might not be the best in terms ethical and professional banking, but would we have preferred them do it the western way and employ only those graduates whom are truly fit to work in these organisation. There is no gain saying that less than 10% of Nigerian graduates on a yearly basis will fit into this profile.

As for tubbytubby I really don't know what your mission is , but I do know for certain that the likes of you don't deserve to be employed by anyone let alone an organisation. If at all anything you said is considered true , then you dont have the moral right to spill that out on a public forum afterall part of your employment condition(s) forbade you from disclosing any information you had priviledged access to to anyone or body. Tubbytubby you are an epitome of the average Nigerian graduate , unprofessional and morally bankrupt the your likes are the ones messing up the banking industry.
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by tkb417(m): 3:32pm On Feb 04, 2009
How many of you really thought that Nigerian banks can sustain the level at which they are going ?? These banks pay semi-illiterates millions of Naira as salary and those bank workers turn around and treat customers like they are doing the customer a favor for banking with them. Imagine that, even the companies that treat customers well are struggling to make it not to talk of some overpaid illiterate in suits. You work into a Nigerian banking center and they treat you like you have come to disturb them. That intercontinental bank still owes me about 2M and as soon as i get to Nigeria, i'm filling a lawsuit
how much will the lawsuit cost u?
i hope u wont engage an expensive lawyer o cos the whole of ur 2m+interest (if any) will be used for the lawsuit.
so why bother

Jon
i agree with you on tubby,the dude needs some flogging.
all he came here to spill arent news, im sure they just sacked him and hes tryin to get back at them.

can u imagine, dude wants to carry his foul way of doing stuffs to KPMG, na die for him

tubby
where will u be in KPMG?
Tax, Advisory or Assurance? omo, forgerrit, u cant be slimy in that place o
get a life and stop being a pederast!!
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by DisGuy: 12:21am On Feb 05, 2009
Jon-oh-jon:

Having spent the first 8 years of my career in the banking sector, I do agree that some of the banks result posted are at times exaggerated, that is not to say that they are ficticious (I hope the wise and intellects amongst us understand that). No one but a fool will undermine the role these same banks have played in the socio-economic development of this nation of ours (and just before u mention that they don't support the real sector of the economy) if nothing at all they constantly mop up about a fifth of our half baked graduate on a yearly basis. Yeah their business models might not be the best in terms ethical and professional banking, but would we have preferred them do it the western way and employ only those graduates whom are truly fit to work in these organisation. There is no gain saying that less than 10% of Nigerian graduates on a yearly basis will fit into this profile.

As for tubbytubby I really don't know what your mission is , but I do know for certain that the likes of you don't deserve to be employed by anyone let alone an organisation. If at all anything you said is considered true , then you dont have the moral right to spill that out on a public forum afterall part of your employment condition(s) forbade you from disclosing any information you had priviledged access to to anyone or body. Tubbytubby you are an epitome of the average Nigerian graduate , unprofessional and morally bankrupt the your likes are the ones messing up the banking industry.

yes actually, its not like they recruit more than 10% annually they only did major recruitment in the past 2-3 years
it's even in their own best interest to 'do it the western way' it safe for everybody taht way not unless they want to keep manipulating figures, i mean after the CFAs, ACCAs course home and abroad like they post on their resume why bend the rules- they have a moral obligation to employ the best they can and make more money for their shareholders not boast about biggest, largest, fattest blah blah, naija banking is so lipsrsealed

blowing the whistle is allowed grin
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by MrCrackles(m): 12:29am On Feb 05, 2009
Uhmmm, dis is real serious!

Banking top heirarchy is murky waters in Naija i know that for sure but i wont be quick to make judgement or agree with the poster!

Fingers crossed
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by Finecat(m): 1:33am On Feb 05, 2009
Jon-oh-jon:

This is what is wrong with Nigeria. Nigerians don't like other people to air their own views because of the benefit they get from that bad organization. Employers in the developed world encourage their employees to speak up whenever they feel like something is wrong with their company, because this is the only way the company can investigate the allegation and improve their services to the customers and the employees. Nigerian bankers don't like to expose their employers' wrong doing because they want to give people the impression that they are "on top of the world". This guy is jumping all over tubbytubby because he is airing his views about what he consider wrong with his employer and some idiots are trying to shut him up. How can Nigeria get better when all you get is lies lies and cover-ups. Some of these bankers are so shallow and short sighted in their views. No wonder their top officials treat them like slaves.
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by Jonohjon: 10:27am On Feb 05, 2009
@Finecat, Dis guy

I think it will be very childish and uncivilised of me to use the kind of word (idiot) that you (finecat) has used on this forum, well I guess thats just a pointer of how civil and intelligent you are.

Developed world, hmmmmm!!!! have u been there? and if yes have you worked there?. With all sense of humility I would love to inform you that I spent the last 3 years of my professional working career working for a foremost Investment firm in U.K. Anyhow all i can say right now is if Tubbytubby has a case against his employers as a professional he should inform the right authority about it and mind you this can be done annonymously. The last time i checked Nairaland is not the banks'regulatory body.

Well that apart i also sensed in you (Finecat) a man that has so much time on his hands, and has so much animosity against the Nigerian bank, why? I do not know. Now let me help, you out if you've been wrongly(?) dismissed by any and you feel done by I can understand. If you are interested let me give you my no. and addy and for you to forward ur C.V and if by Mid May or so you are not gainfully employed then you are free to come back here and call me names.

Thank u

Hope you have a degree at least
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by tkb417(m): 10:50am On Feb 05, 2009
@Finecat, Dis guy

I think it will be very childish and uncivilised of me to use the kind of word (idiot) that you (finecat) has used on this forum, well I guess thats just a pointer of how civil and intelligent you are.

Developed world, hmmmmm!!!! have u been there? and if yes have you worked there?. With all sense of humility I would love to inform you that I spent the last 3 years of my professional working career working for a foremost Investment firm in U.K. Anyhow all i can say right now is if Tubbytubby has a case against his employers as a professional he should inform the right authority about it and mind you this can be done annonymously. The last time i checked Nairaland is not the banks'regulatory body.

Well that apart i also sensed in you (Finecat) a man that has so much time on his hands, and has so much animosity against the Nigerian bank, why? I do not know. Now let me help, you out if you've been wrongly(?) dismissed by any and you feel done by I can understand. If you are interested let me give you my no. and addy and for you to forward ur C.V and if by Mid May or so you are not gainfully employed then you are free to come back here and call me names.

Thank u

U dont need to respond to everybody
uve made ur point and any sensible person will understand.

how work? u don abandon our office? grin
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by tubbytubby(m): 11:53am On Feb 05, 2009
@jon-oh-betrayer
u fool,cuz thats the only way i can approach, don't u know the kind of country we are in,i didnt put the post against anyone or did i tell you i needed to file a law suit for anything
am a smart guy,i have lost anything in the whole game,i am just a back watcher who sees everything go on and i am advicing people looking for jobs to be careful so why d hell are you telling me to go to court and besided even those that were cheated like mary B,which court will she go to and win against the owner of his bank
please use ur sense, people like you definately can't even have a home talk more less of a job,am sure you will loose the trash you call work very soon
Am doing well at my new job
forward the mail to your friends and help them and stop talking trash on here
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by Jonohjon: 12:06pm On Feb 05, 2009
tubbytubby:

@jon-oh-betrayer
u fool,cuz thats the only way i can approach, don't u know the kind of country we are in,i didnt put the post against anyone or did i tell you i needed to file a law suit for anything
am a smart guy,i have lost anything in the whole game,i am just a back watcher who sees everything go on and i am advicing people looking for jobs to be careful so why d hell are you telling me to go to court and besided even those that were cheated like mary B,which court will she go to and win against the owner of his bank
please use ur sense, people like you definately can't even have a home talk more less of a job,am sure you will loose the trash you call work very soon

Na wah o who said you should go to court? You can't even read and understand? How you got into KPMG (if thats true) worries my imagination. I should go ahead and spread your unfounded and baseless allegation to peeps, how smart. grin
KPMG is in serious trouble!!!

Meanwhile you are good company for a work free day , keep it coming.
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by delaice(m): 12:54pm On Feb 05, 2009
@TubbyTubby

I must say that i disagree with your "mission". I am of the opinion that its unprofessional and childish. Not to mention that it will prob not make a difference, i mean i doubt any job seeker will turn down a BankPHB post, but each to their own. If you really wanna make a difference I believe there are other better ways you can do so. However, and this is if all you have posted is true, you should take care of the details you post. I do not think anyone will be too bothered but if someone also decided to have a personal vendetta against you, I do not think it will be too hard to figure out who you are.

@Finecat

Companies and "watchdogs" in foreign countries do place appropriate channels for people to "whistle blow", but i can guarantee you that doing so like this is frowned upon. Take the following link for example:

http://www.ceridian.co.uk/hr/content/1,4099,459-289,00.html
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by Jonohjon: 1:05pm On Feb 05, 2009
delaice:

@TubbyTubby

I must say that i disagree with your "mission". I am of the opinion that its unprofessional and childish. Not to mention that it will prob not make a difference, i mean i doubt any job seeker will turn down a BankPHB post, but each to their own. If you really wanna make a difference I believe there are other better ways you can do so. However, and this is if all you have posted is true, you should take care of the details you post. I do not think anyone will be too bothered but if someone also decided to have a personal vendetta against you, I do not think it will be too hard to figure out who you are.

@Finecat

Companies and "watchdogs" in foreign countries do place appropriate channels for people to "whistle blow", but i can guarantee you that doing so like this is frowned upon. Take the following link for example:

http://www.ceridian.co.uk/hr/content/1,4099,459-289,00.html

Thanks my brother. Tubbytubby hope u learn b4 ur imaginary KPMG fire u.
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by Finecat(m): 2:04pm On Feb 05, 2009
Jon-oh-jon:

@Finecat, Dis guy

Thank u

This guy is a clown. I am in Boston,MA right now. Just came back from Nigeria 2 weeks ago and will be going to Nigeria again by march/April. I do not need to tell you what i do for a living but i can gladly tell you that no Nigerian bank can afford me even when their stocks were good not to talk of now. It seems to me like you are short sighted, therefore i refuse to argue with you. But i must say that, What organization or system will tubbytub complain to?? Even if he did file a grievance, what would come out of it?? The only correctional method Nigeria companies understand is airing their dirty laundry in public. Tell me what is wrong in Tubby complain on nairaland about PHB?? You bank workers are funny, you call that disloyalty? The ultimate loyalty you owe to your employers is productivity, once your performance matches the pay then you are a loyal employee. Tell me a Nigerian bank that is loyal to their employees?? Atleast i have people that work at LNG and they get a far better deal than the banks. Banks have turned young promising women to prostitutes all in the name of targets, they work married men and women; fathers and mothers from sunshine to the moonlight. is that your definition of being loyal?? Tell me something, compare your working experience with the UK investment company to your experience as a Nigerian bank worker. Who is more loyal to their employees??
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by Bajoms(f): 2:49pm On Feb 05, 2009
I am quite surprised that such an interesting and mind boggling issue as raised by an individual can take such a wrong turn as this.

At first, i was taken aback by the revelation of what is going on in the banking industry. As a matter of information, the news is not so novel as these incidents happen one way or the other in virtually all segments of the economy. Both here in Nigeria and abroad. The difference is the depth of such acts of politics and treachery.

I was shocked when the reaction was not only taken negatively but was further supported by what i term "uncalled for babbling laced with pride"

My advice on this forum is that if you feel aggreived by the comments of anyone, in a matured manner, try and voice your opinion.

The point is that everyone is a slave to his opinion and no one has the right to look down on another because of his opinion.

Directly to Jon-, i thought you interesting initially but was dissappointed eventually by your rather rude remarks. As u cannot swallow your words back, dont force anyone else to.

Happy delibrations!
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by tkb417(m): 3:02pm On Feb 05, 2009
@jon-oh-betrayer

will you be writing your reports like this in KPMG?
they will sack u in 2 days!!
i think u work with the NURTW not KPMG cos ur grammar 'na world class'

meanwhile, how come u have access to Nairaland in KPMG grin grin
are u still writing tests?
ure not smart, intelligent, brilliant and blah blah blah and yet ure blaming people of killing dreams or what exactly did u say is wrong with PHB?
cos i cant seem to figure ur prob.

go relax and stop posting shit

This guy is a clown. I am in Boston,MA right now. Just came back from Nigeria 2 weeks ago and will be going to Nigeria again by march/April. I do not need to tell you what i do for a living but i can gladly tell you that no Nigerian bank can afford me even when their stocks were good not to talk of now. It seems to me like you are short sighted, therefore i refuse to argue with you. But i must say that, What organization or system will tubbytub complain to?? Even if he did file a grievance, what would come out of it?? The only correctional method Nigeria companies understand is airing their dirty laundry in public. Tell me what is wrong in Tubby complain on nairaland about PHB?? You bank workers are funny, you call that disloyalty? The ultimate loyalty you owe to your employers is productivity, once your performance matches the pay then you are a loyal employee. Tell me a Nigerian bank that is loyal to their employees?? Atleast i have people that work at LNG and they get a far better deal than the banks. Banks have turned young promising women to prostitutes all in the name of targets, they work married men and women; fathers and mothers from sunshine to the moonlight. is that your definition of being loyal?? Tell me something, compare your working experience with the UK investment company to your experience as a Nigerian bank worker. Who is more loyal to their employees??
No Nigerian Bank can afford u? shocked shocked
AFC, IFC, AIG big boiz are in 9ja banks
stop blowing trumpets abeg.

I am quite surprised that such an interesting and mind boggling issue as raised by an individual can take such a wrong turn as this.

At first, i was taken aback by the revelation of what is going on in the banking industry. As a matter of information, the news is not so novel as these incidents happen one way or the other in virtually all segments of the economy. Both here in Nigeria and abroad. The difference is the depth of such acts of politics and treachery.

I was shocked when the reaction was not only taken negatively but was further supported by what i term "uncalled for babbling laced with pride"

My advice on this forum is that if you feel aggreived by the comments of anyone, in a matured manner, try and voice your opinion.

The point is that everyone is a slave to his opinion and no one has the right to look down on another because of his opinion.

Directly to Jon-, i thought you interesting initially but was dissappointed eventually by your rather rude remarks. As u cannot swallow your words back, dont force anyone else to.

Happy delibrations!
take a position by addressing the issue not the posters.
some of the posters are at loggerheads cos they have divergent views/opinions
kindly state ur arguements for or against Tubby's post or why is Jon suddenly the focal point
abegg
Re: Enormous Salaries Of BankPHB by tkb417(m): 3:03pm On Feb 05, 2009
@TubbyTubby

@Finecat

how did i miss this?
MINT!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

7 Advantages Of Being Self-employed / Which should I choose? HELP!!! / My Company Deduct Pension Money From Our Salaries Without Paying To Our PFAs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.