Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination (52815 Views)

IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports / IPOB Circulates 23rd Sit-At-Home Order In South-East & South-South (Snapshot) / Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by bigfrancis21: 11:38pm On Apr 27, 2015
Now we are talking. Right action in the right direction.

Finally, the lower Niger has realized that a vote of referendum is what we need for self-actualization of our country. I mentioned this in an earlier thread.

And I am happy with the name: Federation of the Lower Niger (FLN). Such name does not reek as an Igbo-only affair and South-southerners will feel a sense of belonging in the country.

Up FLN!

Now, the states will need to be divided accordingly, based on linguistic similarities. I strongly suggest the capital of the country being carved from lower anambra, western imo, northern rivers and eastern delta, with centre around the river niger flowing through it, thus ensuring the city access to a water body. Then the niger delta will be dredged all the way to the atlantic ocean to provide ship and large water aircrafts access to the city.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by dokyOloye: 11:38pm On Apr 27, 2015
AmucheJane:
For me is just better they divide this country, period. Nigeria is to big to be called a nation. Yorubas should support us so that we will leave their land as they have wished. The southerners have been contributing very well to the economy of this country. Hausas and yorubas are somuch afraid to lose us, if not so why have they not supported us to leave this country called Nigeria? By his grace, one day this country will be divided, Amen.
yorubas are d masters of double talk.
During the national conference just last year, they were agitating for regionalisation with d rest of d south.
But now,their brother is on d throne with the hausa/Fulani,expectedly,they are changing tunes already

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by millionaireman: 11:38pm On Apr 27, 2015
RickyTan:
These endless rubbish groups recycling worn out arguments that mask their tribalism need to just all go away.

In Rivers State for example look at all the divisions and name calling there. I mean you can barely hold elections in that state but you want to blame your problems on Nigeria? Talk about barking at the wrong tree.

May God continue to Bless One Nigeria

Apologist of master-slave relationship, how far?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by CaptainJune: 11:38pm On Apr 27, 2015
chemicool:

Animal!!!
Must you be uncouth? She aired her opinion without insulting anyone. Why should you be base in your speech?

2 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Funmiladey(m): 11:38pm On Apr 27, 2015
omenalfa:

I know of a yoruba family that moved to london as far back as 1970 but I have never heard them say that Englend must be joined with Nigeria

The fact that Biafrans are emigrating to and controlling Lagos does not in any way negate the reality of Biafra
Oh how dumb are you to site Nigeria and London as an example here ..... And did you just say biafrans are controlling lagos come let me take you to Ajegunle, makoko, Ifelodun to mention but a few... Am sure you'll change ur tone

1 Like

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Akpan107(m): 11:39pm On Apr 27, 2015
is long over due.

One Nigeria is fraud!

7 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Funmiladey(m): 11:41pm On Apr 27, 2015
ezeagu:

It's your bastard country that reelected a former dictator and Boko Haram general that is confused.
the word bastard is vulgar try and control your temperance and see how you'll still make no success over ur agitation for Biafra as it has been for over forty years

1 Like

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by elipheleh(m): 11:41pm On Apr 27, 2015
omenalfa:

Wow! Thanks for caring about my mariginalisation by my fellow Biafrans
What a great foreigner you are with my interests at heart
All these while I thought that Nigeria was oppressing us Biafrans but they are just trying to save us from ourselves
> shocked shocked shocked best answer of the universe.
grin grin grin grin
grin
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by ChinenyeN(m): 11:41pm On Apr 27, 2015
I wonder why Nigerians can't talk of self-determination without mentioning oil. Oil is really just one aspect of the larger picture. Why can't Nigerians treat it as such. Nigerians seem to love trivializing honest discourse.

1 Like

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by ezeagu(m): 11:42pm On Apr 27, 2015
Funmiladey:
the word bastard is vulgar try and control your temperance and see how you'll still make no success over ur agitation for Biafra as it has been for over forty years

Bastard means having no legitimate origin. Nigeria is a bastard state. Your agitation to stop being a bastard zoo has lasted for over 100 years, that hasn't stopped you killing yourselves.
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by luvprince4real(m): 11:43pm On Apr 27, 2015
It's High time.. D yorubas ar free to remain slaves to d north but for SS/SE Enough is Enough. Even d democracy u pple practice give room for freedom of association. We no wan associate again.

5 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by ezeagu(m): 11:44pm On Apr 27, 2015
ChinenyeN:
I wonder why Nigerians can't talk of self-determination without mentioning oil. Oil is really just one aspect of the larger picture. Why can't Nigerians treat it as such. Nigerians seem to love trivializing honest discourse.

Because that is why Britain told Gowon to go to war, and the tradition continues. It's not far fetched considering Nigeria exists mainly on oil.
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by ojsmscom(m): 11:44pm On Apr 27, 2015
If these poeple are going,then we d southwest will get our oduduwa nation too because we cant be with d notherners abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by dokyOloye: 11:44pm On Apr 27, 2015
philips70:
Ms Ankio Briggs will soon find herself in jail. She must not associate with every riffraffs that knows not what they seek.
Do U know who Anniko Briggs is?
If Buhari dares mess wt her anyday,just be sure that Nigeria will have to pay salaries wt cow and groundnut money d next month.
Summary is that it's not a crime to seek for self determination.

7 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by ifynwaba(m): 11:44pm On Apr 27, 2015
boxypane:
Stupidity Runs in this so called "Group" Blood. Y dem no raise dis issue wen Jonathan dey there. Whether dem hate or not, nigeria aint dividing sh.....t. D sooner dis ppl jump inside d Lagoon, d better.
you are a big fool leave us alone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by ojsmscom(m): 11:45pm On Apr 27, 2015
If these poeple are going,then we d southwest will get our oduduwa nation too because we cant be with d notherners abeg their wahala much.

2 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Funmiladey(m): 11:45pm On Apr 27, 2015
ezeagu:

Bastard means having no legitimate origin. Nigeria is a bastard state. You agitation to stop being a bastard zoo has lasted for over 100 years.
but can I ask you a question, were your mouths and brains sealed up when that shoeless man that is not even a biafran ruling and when he won in 2011 I could rember he had over 1,000,000 in Lagos alone... Then it wasn't a conspiracy against the Yoruba or the North?
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by dokyOloye: 11:47pm On Apr 27, 2015
Funmiladey:
Do you know these northerners are the ones supplying food to the whole country if you don't know ... Go down the history line and see what happened when they cut their supply to the south
Do they give d food to d south free of charge?
Do U feel that d soil of d SS and SE cannot grow food?

5 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by ChinenyeN(m): 11:49pm On Apr 27, 2015
ezeagu:
Because that is why Britain told Gowon to go to war, and the tradition continues. It's not far fetched considering Nigeria exists mainly on oil.

That would probably explain why it fails as a country. Nigeria trivializes its own existence by focusing on a single aspect of an aspect of governance (i.e. Oil as an aspect of resource control as an aspect of governance). This country doesn't deserve to exist really. The system can't tell its left from its right.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by emiye(m): 11:50pm On Apr 27, 2015
safarigirl:
lol.....South East has no government.....the FG is giving money to few individuals cuz the majority in South East are not aware of the existence of any government. They provide everything from water to light and even roads for themselves.

A lot of you who have never been out of your regions don't know that only South West and North benefit from the FG....the other regions don't

And you actually believe this bullocks you wrote ? common stop this ! the south east receive fg allocation used to pay civil servants, build roads e.t.c in the SE, and i repeat wht the SE contributes to FG purse is less than what it receives, Your people love to boasts about IMAGINARY achievements, i see the SE folks boasts about a phantom oil, but the verifiable fact is that the volume of oil produced in Imo + Abia crude oil is a fraction of what Ondo state in SW produces. Let the SE stop receiving FG allocation na since there is no government, make we see how far.

1 Like

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Nobody: 11:50pm On Apr 27, 2015
dokyOloye:
yorubas are d masters of double talk.
During the national conference just last year, they were agitating for regionalisation with d rest of d south.
But now,their brother is on d throne with the hausa/Fulani,expectedly,they are changing tunes already
Your view are not really accurate. Some right thinking Yoruba elders were against tinubu's "change". But you know now, youths these days hardly read, talk-less of discern.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by chiedu7: 11:50pm On Apr 27, 2015
[size=14pt]AMEN GUYS WE ARE ALL BEHIND YOU[/size]
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Rotimi47: 11:51pm On Apr 27, 2015
AmucheJane:
For me is just better they divide this country, period. Nigeria is to big to be called a nation. Yorubas should support us so that we will leave their land as they have wished. The southerners have been contributing very well to the economy of this country. Hausas and yorubas are somuch afraid to lose us, if not so why have they not supported us to leave this country called Nigeria? By his grace, one day this country will be divided, Amen.
You lied here! Who told you the Hausa's & the Yoruba's will miss you? You people Will suffer in a way that another word will have to be created as to define your suffering; you people should ask yourself which people patronize your goods & Ware's more? The Yoruba's as you all sell similar things & if so, who will patronize you? You get most of your agricultural products from the north, tell me how are you going to survive? I know you will say importation from Cameroon etc, but at what price? Even the case of the south south is worse; let me tell you the truth whenever Nigeria breaks up the Igbo's will fight serious civil war amongst themselves, they will try to overran the south south with arms & the North & the West will not border to assist the south south & neither will they help whenever Cameroon attacks any of you. The West will do better than any other region in Nigeria on her own & the North will be assisted by Islamic countries. The East will be a burden to herself, I would have love to really analyze deeply but I don't need to at this time. I wish people can lean from other countries eg Sudan the World youngest nation. You spoke about Scotland, but note that Scotland survives majorly because she is part if UK.

6 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by ifynwaba(m): 11:51pm On Apr 27, 2015
i am a true son of the rising sun BIAFRA I HAIL THEE

2 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by safarigirl(f): 11:51pm On Apr 27, 2015
Funmiladey:
Abeg help me tell them oo .... The so called "real igbos" claiming to be part of Niger delta.... The funniest part of it is that I came across the Biafra map here in onitsha, which was being hawked by a vendor nd noticed that Kogi state is even included... I laughed quietly and said to myself.... "Confused" set of ppl
if till today, most of you still don't know that IMO and Abia states are also under Niger Delta and those states also have oil, then you lot are the confused people.

Even Enugu has oil seff...3 of 5 states have oil, how many SW stages have oil? And you said you're in Onitsha, hiw many people have attacked you there like Igbos and SS have been attacked in your land?

It is only a delusional person or a person in fear that will seperate those 2 regions. SS is just a geo-political entity. For those who didn't study Geography, know now that SS is in the EAST

3 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Funmiladey(m): 11:53pm On Apr 27, 2015
ezeagu:

yeah oil is just a sector, agriculture is there, mining, manufacturing ...don't know why these ppl are just shouting oil England and Japan can not boast of any natural resources yet, they make great impact in the whole world
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by dokyOloye: 11:53pm On Apr 27, 2015
Funmiladey:
am really surprised most of you just comment here without carrying out proper research, mind you there's oil that has not been tapped in borno state on the chad basin so stop ranting as if you're a saviour
That same untapped oil in Borno has been searched for for over 10yrs at d cost of several hundreds of millions of dollars wtout being located.
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by philips70(m): 11:54pm On Apr 27, 2015
dokyOloye:
Do U know who Anniko Briggs is?
If Buhari dares mess wt her anyday,just be sure that Nigeria will have to pay salaries wt cow and groundnut money d next month.
Summary is that it's not a crime to seek for self determination.

I know Ms Briggs more than you do and I can authoritatively tell you she is not indispensable. If she dares the Nigerian state she will be treated like a common criminal. But if she does with normal advocacy like she's been doing she will be treated with respect. I only just wish she don't join touts in her struggles.
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by tochstorm(m): 11:55pm On Apr 27, 2015
popcorn

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by safarigirl(f): 11:55pm On Apr 27, 2015
emiye:

And you actually believe this bullocks you wrote ? common stop this ! the south east receive fg allocation used to pay civil servants, build roads e.t.c in the SE, and i repeat wht the SE contributes to FG purse is less than what it receives, Your people love to boasts about IMAGINARY achievements, i see the SE folks boasts about a phantom oil, but the verifiable fact is that the volume of oil produced in Imo + Abia crude oil is a fraction of what Ondo state in SW produces. Let the SE stop receiving FG allocation na since there is no government, make we see how far.
buildh which roads? Go to SE and ask who built most of the roads.....which Government built roads in places like Abia and Ebonyi states?

That FG is giving SG money does not mean the people are seeing it. Read and comprehend what I wrote instead of quoting me to write meaningless epistles
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by askuburi2: 11:56pm On Apr 27, 2015
remind them....
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by dokyOloye: 11:57pm On Apr 27, 2015
Omogbhollahorn:

Do ur state also produce oil abi when did biafra become niger delta....losers
... another dumb f*ck
Imo and Abia state have substantial oil deposits.Infact,Imo has d largest inland oil deposit.
Together with d SS states and Ondo, they form d 9 Niger delta states.
That's why Onyema Ugochukwu From Abia state was d 1st NDDC Chairman.
Stop abusing ppl,abi U didn't get good home training?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Boko Haram Ambushes Victor Ezugwu's Convoy - Premium Time / Soldiers Invade Nnamdi Kanu’s Community, Afaraukwu Ibeku, Umuahia / Buhari’s ‘Hidden’ Ministers By Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.