Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,912 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination (52809 Views)

IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports / IPOB Circulates 23rd Sit-At-Home Order In South-East & South-South (Snapshot) / Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Nobody: 3:59am On Apr 28, 2015
PDPwayoo:

Igbos can never stop dreaming. Why didnt they start this movement when GEJ was in power? why didnt they start the movement during campaign period?.

THESE ARE THE SAME GROUP THAT MADE JONATHAN TO LOSS ELECTION. YOU HAVE URSELVES TO BLAME FOR BEING ARROGANT AND GIVING JONATHAN BAD ADVISE THAT LEAD HIM TO OTUEKE.
Jonathan is a gentleman, u people betrayed him by ur bad altitudes and criminal behaviors.....

DONT WASTE UR TIME, NIGERIA CAN NEVER DIVIDE. IF U START ANOTHER WAR, U WILL BE CONSUMED.
my dear u are a fool......

just pray let there be no another war again ......because if what happened then repeat itself again .....The war will not be only IGBO and hausa alone ....you western will be consumed .....

u can't just sit down in the Parlor watching movies it's a lie you must be hunt down and believe me.

Always pray let there be no war..........because IGBOS are not cowards like your people.

1 Like

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Nobody: 4:06am On Apr 28, 2015
a wide margin of the majority of southerners are no longer interested in this self-determination bullshit...u will only hear such from the few tribalistic, illiterate and clueless artisans who still don't gerrit dat GEJ's defeat at de polls was de best thing to hav happenned in this country for a long time now...wit dat GEJ matter, they ve spoilt their case alredy...

1 Like

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by sammhi(m): 4:18am On Apr 28, 2015
Tvegas:
Self determination because GEJ lost abi? Na broom we go take chase you from those meetings. Awon oniranu. grin

you are the real oniranu....it is nit a must to stay together...period
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by sammhi(m): 4:20am On Apr 28, 2015
kindnyce:
GUYS,NIGERIA IS BIGGER THAN THIS CHEAP THREATS AND BLACKMAIL

NO GROUP SHALL OLD THIS COUNTRY TO RANSOM,NEVER..

yes...you are right...so let them go jor
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by sweatlana: 4:34am On Apr 28, 2015
We have began a unreversible March to referendum and by God's grace self determination and annexture from Nigeria a country that was never ment to be in the first place! Nothing can stop it not even the quest for peace.

Why are hausa and yoruba so afraid?

The God of Jacob being our helper.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Eluwilussit(m): 4:36am On Apr 28, 2015
Too bad it had to come to this. All we need is true federalism or confederalism. Our centre is too strong, privilege-wise but too weak in terms of patriotism and honourable leadership. I hope the incoming government of GMB will take these guys serious and find a meeting point. We can't afford to make the same mistake as we did in the NE. The whole armed forces could not stop BH, so we don't need another insurgency in the South.

Besides, do we really think the American prediction of our disintegration ended with the election? Since we don jump them pass, they must stir trouble from another angle. We must be vigilant and look out for our nation. Our progress is not for their good. They will stop us at all cost from progressing. We need to jaw jaw now and not allow anyone sow hate among us.

My advice to GMB, APC and followers, please tread carefully. Our land isn't green anymore. We need love and not hate. I hope we can find it in our hearts to forgive and forget. Our SS and SE people, should please state their grievances and reach a compromise with everyone else. I do understand their feelings but we must not forget that the entire nation also supported Jona in 2011. They must put everything into perspective and not allow thieves and vagabonds to destroy them from within.

In all of this, Lord let your will be done.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Kenistry(m): 4:37am On Apr 28, 2015
DesChyko:
Well, Jonathan was ousted because he didn't fulfill the wish of the majority. We'ld be kidding ourselves if we thought PDP really stood a chance against APC with President Goodluck as the flagbearer.
That being said, I also believe the division is long overdue. The bone of contention is the 'oil' which other regions of Nigerial also rely heavily on for sustenance. I'ld have thought that he who pays the piper dictates the tune, but in Nigeria, the population of the Northerners are really oppressing every other region and that is so not cool.
the problem my friend is d 1999 Constitution.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by ExInferis(m): 4:40am On Apr 28, 2015
DesChyko:

Dude, you're just spoiling for a fight.
If the converse is the case, isolate every atom of vileness and untoward uncivility in your post and address me once more. I believe on a careful, unbiased analysis of my original submission, you'ld decipher the subtle message in it and spare me this rehash of an already 'noted' fact.
Else, I won't be drawn into your mudslinging banter.
I get enough challenges in 'real life' as it is.

You see vile and mudslinging where there's none. Perhaps that's your clever way of retreat. In any case, there shouldn't be a need for me to decipher your message to arrive at the "subtle message"; this is a public forum and not some mental contest. There's nothing cryptic nor subtle in your post to warrant some brain fever.
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by fr3do(m): 4:43am On Apr 28, 2015
kindnyce:
GUYS,NIGERIA IS BIGGER THAN THIS CHEAP THREATS AND BLACKMAIL

NO GROUP SHALL OLD THIS COUNTRY TO RANSOM,NEVER..

Nigeria is its people and not the union that was orchestrated by slave traders.
With all the history and development, Britain has, the scotts voted if they were to remain in the union or not.

1 Like

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by fr3do(m): 4:46am On Apr 28, 2015
vincent72:
When they where silent for 5 years, can you tell me what happen in the north, is it not boko haram, they use to torment Jonathan, ? Am sorry for buhari, he will see hell, the militant, will torment him. Also am sorry for innocent soldiers that will die .

No, that is not going to happen.
It will either be regionalism or peaceful disintegration.

1 Like

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Kenistry(m): 4:51am On Apr 28, 2015
The first thing I told my mum afta dis election loss is dis.......... The gain of dis election is dat d SS now knws who d enemy is. The presidential election is infact a gain to d struggle for true federalism or independence, because d 1999 constituton upon wic our democracy is based is notin but a farce. Nw we'll (SS& SE) hv to struggle togeda as a united front.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by aluku5: 5:04am On Apr 28, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Still the best option. Nigeria is a dead country.

Nigeria is, and never will be dead. We never had leaders that identify with the Country. Jona came unprepared, lacked vision, lacked financial discipline, Inexperienced politically. wasted six good years, we are still experimenting. Let's not give up on Nigeria.
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Nobody: 5:07am On Apr 28, 2015
Chukwugekwu:
my dear u are a fool......

just pray let there be no another war again ......because if what happened then repeat itself again .....The war will not be only IGBO and hausa alone ....you western will be consumed .....

u can't just sit down in the Parlor watching movies it's a lie you must be hunt down and believe me.

Always pray let there be no war..........because IGBOS are not cowards like your people.

pikin... u think war is about all big chest or apka obi?... Meanwhile im from Delta and we have no business with corrupt and arrogant Igbos.

THIS IS MODERN ERA, WAR IS NOT JUST FOUGHT WITH MERE BULLET AND GRENADES ALONE. MODERN WARFARE IS FOUGHT AND WON BY DIPLOMATIC RELATIONS AND ALLIANCE WITH WORLD SUPER POWERS.

which super power will support igbo?
how many jet bombers in the whole of ss/se?
how many Armour tanks in igbo land?
how many igbos will risk their life for suicide attack?

GET IT IN UR BRAIN THAT MORE THAN 30% OF NIGERIA OIL WELL IS OUTSIDE NIGER DELTA.
GET IT IN YOUR BRAIN THAT NIGER DELTA HAS NO FOOD
GET IT IN YOUR BRAIN THAT 80% OF OTHER RESOURCES AND CASH CROPS IS OUTSIDE NIGER DELTA
GET IT IN YOUR BRAIN THAT LAGOS STATE TOTAL REVENUE IS HIGHER THAN REVENUE FROM 2 OIL PRODUCING STATES.

GET IT IN YOUR BRAIN THAT IGBOS HAVE NO NATIONAL OR INTERNATIONAL STATESMAN THAT IS WORTHY OF TRUST OR ALLIANCE WITH OTHER TRIBES OR NATION.

as a niger deltan, i expected jonathan to made policy and decision that will favor the whole of south and balance the political equation between the south and north......but he messed up and did nothing for the south even his home town otueke.
The people that benefited from GEJ govt. are the people crying: PEJ, wike, Asari Dokubo, tompolo, clerk, orubebe and pdp elders. ... SO WHY SHOULD I CRY LIKE U AND THE LOSERS WANTING NIGERIA TO DIVIDE?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Nobody: 5:10am On Apr 28, 2015
On self determination and ''our oil''.

Over the years, there has been a lot of argument over money in Nigeria. To wit...some people from a certian part of the country have been asking for what is rightfully theirs. And indeed....the kind of financial arrangement that the colonial masters left us with has proven disadvantageous to these people. They get the pollution....others living miles away get the money.

So...IMO...these self determinists are right....and they are wrong at the same time. Allow me to explain.(Stop if you have heard me say this before.).

In 1960...Nigeria got independent. Unfortunately....the Colonialists left us with an economy whose prosperity was dependent on the amount of exports of raw materials that we made to the UK...and other developed countries.But...all hope was not lost....they also left us the means of self reliance...education and some industries.

But sadly...instead of using our education and industries to really become an industrial superpower.....we continued to export and export raw materials. Pretty soon....by the 1970's....we discovered something. Scientific development was rendering some of our exports useless.Like cotton...synthetics, and the fact that better quality cotton was being produced elsewhere was making our cotton redundant. And furthermore...we soon discovered that we were competing with other countries in producing things like palm oil....and these other countries were winning.

Our response in the 1970's was to try to speed up industrial development. But even then....there were clouds on the horizon. By 1973...OPEC, a little group that we were a member of....had decided to quadruple oil prices. Overnight...oil money flowed into the Nigerian economy. Faced with a decline on our production of other raw materials (as well as the economic crisis affecting the UK in the 1970's)...we turned to oil. But ....and here is where we went wrong....we used oil money to import and import. We did not invest enough in our industrial development...especially in the development of raw materials for our industries.And that left us exposed to the vagaries of the Great Oil Shock of the 1980's and 1990's when we got into serious debt.

Now...we are an oil dependent economy. We use oil money to import and for infrastructure projects that are heavily dependent on imported products. Or education system does not teach our children to be innovative....it teaches them to be clerks. And we do not have jobs.

It is against this background that we have the self determinists ....motivated by the poverty and lack of opportunity in our land(I myself am from the South South)....asking for secession because they think that with us in full control of the oil...things would be better.

Sounds reasonable...doesn't it. And I may even daresay that the rest of Nigeria could develop into an industrial superpower...deprived of resource dependency.

But ......asking for control of our oil resources under the banner of self determination is not the answer....for the following reasons.

1.Oil prices are dropping....and fast. This means that we can no longer expect much from oil.

2.It seems to me that no one is asking why our education system, and our industries are not working. Because continued oil dependency means that we have not been able to develop industrially....WHICH IS THE REASON WHY WE DO NOT HAVE JOBS AND WHY WE ARE SOO POOR.

3.Nigerian sadly cannot split peacefully. There would be a war over resources. The rest of Nigeria wants one Nigeria for the same reason that the SS and SE want self determination...access to oil...especially as they too have the same problems of poverty etc that the SS and SE wants. As you can see...this won''t end well.

So what is to be done.? Of course...we cannot pretend all is well with the union.

For me the answer is simple.

We must all follow the example of nations like Singapore, South Korea and Japan....and admit that we do not have enough resources...together or apart....and then force our governors , LG chairmen and even Abuja to develop a resource free economy via industries and innovation.

That way....every region would be rich and strong...and then we can negotiate the future of Nigeria from an equal standing. Not now...where we have two elephants in the room arguing over a patch of grass.

Because a resource driven war never ends well.

My opinion....my choice.

2 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by aumeehn: 5:29am On Apr 28, 2015
DesChyko:
Well, Jonathan was ousted because he didn't fulfill the wish of the majority. We'ld be kidding ourselves if we thought PDP really stood a chance against APC with President Goodluck as the flagbearer.
That being said, I also believe the division is long overdue. The bone of contention is the 'oil' which other regions of Nigerial also rely heavily on for sustenance. I'ld have thought that he who pays the piper dictates the tune, but in Nigeria, the population of the Northerners are really oppressing every other region and that is so not cool.
oppress ke! grin grin proudly Dan Arewa
Nigeria belong to us! God gave us d strength to crush any region we feel like

Buhari 2023
kwankwaso 2031
Atiku 2035
as long as election will hold shikena! buhari is too cool for my liking if na kwankwaso wey win election try nonsense nd he ill show u dat he is the product of Arewa republic!

igbos grin grin grin always crying foul play! hahahaha

1 Like

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by swisschris(m): 5:30am On Apr 28, 2015
Bleep this fuckin fucker Nigeria.....

2 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by aumeehn: 5:31am On Apr 28, 2015
bushdoc9919:
On self determination and ''our oil''.

Over the years, there has been a lot of argument over money in Nigeria. To wit...some people from a certian part of the country have been asking for what is rightfully theirs. And indeed....the kind of financial arrangement that the colonial masters left us with has proven disadvantageous to these people. They get the pollution....others living miles away get the money.

So...IMO...these self determinists are right....and they are wrong at the same time. Allow me to explain.(Stop if you have heard me say this before.).

In 1960...Nigeria got independent. Unfortunately....the Colonialists left us with an economy whose prosperity was dependent on the amount of exports of raw materials that we made to the UK...and other developed countries.But...all hope was not lost....they also left us the means of self reliance...education and some industries.

But sadly...instead of using our education and industries to really become an industrial superpower.....we continued to export and export raw materials. Pretty soon....by the 1970's....we discovered something. Scientific development was rendering some of our exports useless.Like cotton...synthetics, and the fact that better quality cotton was being produced elsewhere was making our cotton redundant. And furthermore...we soon discovered that we were competing with other countries in producing things like palm oil....and these other countries were winning.

Our response in the 1970's was to try to speed up industrial development. But even then....there were clouds on the horizon. By 1973...OPEC, a little group that we were a member of....had decided to quadruple oil prices. Overnight...oil money flowed into the Nigerian economy. Faced with a decline on our production of other raw materials (as well as the economic crisis affecting the UK in the 1970's)...we turned to oil. But ....and here is where we went wrong....we used oil money to import and import. We did not invest enough in our industrial development...especially in the development of raw materials for our industries.And that left us exposed to the vagaries of the Great Oil Shock of the 1980's and 1990's when we got into serious debt.

Now...we are an oil dependent economy. We use oil money to import and for infrastructure projects that are heavily dependent on imported products. Or education system does not teach our children to be innovative....it teaches them to be clerks. And we do not have jobs.

It is against this background that we have the self determinists ....motivated by the poverty and lack of opportunity in our land(I myself am from the South South)....asking for secession because they think that with us in full control of the oil...things would be better.

Sounds reasonable...doesn't it. And I may even daresay that the rest of Nigeria could develop into an industrial superpower...deprived of resource dependency.

But ......asking for control of our oil resources under the banner of self determination is not the answer....for the following reasons.

1.Oil prices are dropping....and fast. This means that we can no longer expect much from oil.

2.It seems to me that no one is asking why our education system, and our industries are not working. Because continued oil dependency means that we have not been able to develop industrially....WHICH IS THE REASON WHY WE DO NOT HAVE JOBS AND WHY WE ARE SOO POOR.

3.Nigerian sadly cannot split peacefully. There would be a war over resources. The rest of Nigeria wants one Nigeria for the same reason that the SS and SE want self determination...access to oil...especially as they too have the same problems of poverty etc that the SS and SE wants. As you can see...this won''t end well.

So what is to be done.? Of course...we cannot pretend all is well with the union.

For me the answer is simple.

We must all follow the example of nations like Singapore, South Korea and Japan....and admit that we do not have enough resources...together or apart....and then force our governors , LG chairmen and even Abuja to develop a resource free economy via industries and innovation.

That way....every region would be rich and strong...and then we can negotiate the future of Nigeria from an equal standing. Not now...where we have two elephants in the room arguing over a patch of grass.

Because a resource driven war never ends well.

My opinion....my choice.
Then stop calling lagos a no mans land
bloody hypocrites
mtsw igbos makes me sick walahi

1 Like

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Nobody: 5:32am On Apr 28, 2015
PDPwayoo:

pikin... u think war is about all big chest or apka obi?... Meanwhile im from Delta and we have no business with corrupt and arrogant Igbos.

THIS IS MODERN ERA, WAR IS NOT JUST FOUGHT WITH MERE BULLET AND GRENADES ALONE. MODERN WARFARE IS FOUGHT AND WON BY DIPLOMATIC RELATIONS AND ALLIANCE WITH WORLD SUPER POWERS.

GET IT IN UR BRAIN THAT MORE THAN 30% OF NIGERIA OIL WELL IS OUTSIDE NIGER DELTA.
GET IT IN YOUR BRAIN THAT 80% OF OTHER RESOURCES AND CASH CROPS IS OUTSIDE NIGER DELTA
GET IT IN YOUR BRAIN THAT LAGOS STATE TOTAL REVENUE IS HIGHER THAN REVENUE FROM 2 OIL PRODUCING STATES.

GET IT IN YOUR BRAIN THAT IGBOS HAVE NO NATIONAL OR INTERNATIONAL STATESMAN THAT IS WORTHY OF TRUST OR ALLIANCE WITH OTHER TRIBES OR NATION.

as a niger deltan, i expected jonathan to made policy and decision that will favor the whole of south and balance the political equation between the south and north......but he messed up and did nothing for the south even his home town otueke.
The people that benefited from GEJ govt. are the people crying: PEJ, wike, Asari Dokubo, tompolo, clerk, orubebe and pdp elders. ... SO WHY SHOULD I CRY LIKE U AND THE LOSERS WANTING NIGERIA TO DIVIDE?

by history of great IGBO we don't talk too much. ....but we do greater than. ....

2 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Nobody: 5:32am On Apr 28, 2015
aumeehn:
oppress ke! grin grin proudly Dan Arewa
Nigeria belong to us! God gave us d strength to crush any region we feel like

Buhari 2023
kwankwaso 2031
Atiku 2035
as long as election will hold shikena! buhari is too cool for my liking if na kwankwaso wey win election try nonsense nd he ill show u dat he is the product of Arewa republic!

igbos grin grin grin always crying foul play! hahahaha

Most likely by 2023...it would be SW and SE that would be fighting for the Presidency.

That is...if Buhari does not lose in 2019....or even do a Mandela...and leave voluntarily after one term.
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Nobody: 5:39am On Apr 28, 2015
aumeehn:
Then
i

Well...Lagos is Yoruba land...but that is not the point of my long grammer.

The point of my long grammer is that Lagos...and by extension every other part of this country....would be as prosperous as Singapore and Dubai...if we stopped relying on resource dependent economics.,....and made the necessary changes to our education system...as well as spent more on developing supporting infrastructure for our industries at a state...and even city level.

Lagos is Yoruba land...but it could be much better than it is now. Same for the rest of Nigeria.

And this article shows us the way....Field Ruwe's blueprint

I am not Igbo BTW....and you can make your point without tribalism.
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by aumeehn: 5:39am On Apr 28, 2015
Kenistry:
The first thing I told my mum afta dis election loss is dis.......... The gain of dis election is dat d SS now knws who d enemy is. The presidential election is infact a gain to d struggle for true federalism or independence, because d 1999 constituton upon wic our democracy is based is notin but a farce. Nw we'll (SS& SE) hv to struggle togeda as a united front.
grin grin even the bible said fear North! malam u guys are jux wasting yr time..u want to start something that u wont live to finish! Bleep jona! so we shuld vote him just because he is from s niger delta region or what! keep on deceiving yrselfs
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Nobody: 5:45am On Apr 28, 2015
Kenistry:

which ss r u referring to? only a bad man will struggle with igbos that will betray him tomorrow. EVEN IGBOS WITHIN THEMSELVES WILL NOT STRUGGLE TOGETHER.
FOLKS IN ANAMBRA WILL GIVE YOU 101 REASON PER MINUTE TO HATE IMO STATE PEOPLE.... in abroad, politics in igbo association is like civil war. there is always fight and betrayals and set-up within themselves.

SS STARTING FROM OLD BENDEL DOWN TO AKWA IBOM CAN SUCCEED TO BE A COUNTRY IF THEY WANT BUT DEFINITELY NOT IGBOS (the saboteurs tribal masters).
The only stupid man in Niger delta that will support Biafra is Asari Dokubo...... even pej can never do that mistake. Jonathan family only needed igbos vote not their alliance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by ImperialYoruba: 5:45am On Apr 28, 2015
These nutcases in the so called LNC must want to end up in the lagoon. So if they declare independent Lower Niger which Ibo leader do they expectt endorsement from?

Peter Obi is not willing to forfeit his properties in North or Lagos in the interest of Biafra, Orji Uzor Kalu does not want to separate from Lagos or fight a battle that will end in lockout from his mansion in Ikoyi again, the Ojukwus had to go to court to get their property in Ikoyi back and they will not again risk its seizure in the name of independent struggle.

SS members in this their coalition with SE will not suffer property loss if their prayers for an independent nation was answered. Even though they have more water than they have land, they build their business on their land and grow their worth at home. It is different for Ibo, over 75% of their investment is outside Lower Naija.

Beside, Nwafors making millions a year in Yorubaland will not give that up to go home in the name of freedom and become apprentice to Emeka..

You will end up in the Lagoon before Ladipo traders will give up their high wage income to come get in a coalition with Ijaw

4 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Ababadada: 5:46am On Apr 28, 2015
This your Urhobo that you use to challenging this movement I tired for you oo. In south south voice we support the movement.
OgagaMic:
I bet you the leaders of this group re from the Igbo related tribe in SS, shake my head, let dem b referendum then SE una go know weather we re in alliance or nt,...rubbish

GEJ my Hero, God bless SS, God Bless Delta State, God bless Urhobo
........ God bless u
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by aumeehn: 5:50am On Apr 28, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Most likely by 2023...it would be SW and SE that would be fighting for the Presidency.

That is...if Buhari does not lose in 2019....or even do a Mandela...and leave voluntarily after one term.
loose what? election buhahaha! jona yr broda tried to finish us with boko haram but it seems dat we d notherners are like ants! d present day maidugri is more populated than enugu akwa ibom...not to tok of bayelsa nd delta! before 2019 insha Allah we ill increase in population with over 60 to 70 million
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Nobody: 5:50am On Apr 28, 2015
Chukwugekwu:
by history of great IGBO we don't talk too much. ....but we do greater than. ....

Name 1 great thing ever done by igbo that other tribes have not tripled?

2 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by OneNaira6: 5:51am On Apr 28, 2015
PDPwayoo:

as a niger deltan
, i expected jonathan to made policy and decision that will favor the whole of south and balance the political equation between the south and north......but he messed up and did nothing for the south even his home town otueke.

So how did you go from a northerner to a deltan in 3 year?

Was this not one of your post in 2012

what is your point?,  did GEJ release the terrorist or BIU did? GEJ has his weakness but we are now talking about the person that allowed Sokoto to escape.
By the way, im not an IGBO,  im a full northern nigerian that strongly against terrorism

so u think Sokoto is right to bomb innocent people or BIU is right to escape mallam Sokoto what is your point? make it clear.

no wonder nigeria is like this. so many low life people like you.
https://www.nairaland.com/849831/revealed-how-police-commissioner-zakari-biu/1#10001276

You people are just too pathetic on this forum. Too much attaché by force ppl.

3 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Obiagu1(m): 5:55am On Apr 28, 2015
This is the real deal.

Sign me up.

Lower Niger
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Ababadada: 5:56am On Apr 28, 2015
All those struggle you listed below the federation of the lower Niger is better than one Nigeria. Because at the religion point of view. One Nigeria Muslim and Christian, here religion killing is very high. Then the federation of the lower Niger is Christian through out. Here one believe, so in that aspect I preferThe federation of the lower Niger to one nigeria
ExInferis:

The hypocrisy of your contention is nauseating.

1. There is no democracy where majority doesnt always carry the vote, except in a constitutionally anomalous society such as ours with a rotary system of patronage

2. When majority vote a certain way, minority a different way, and the majority wins, its neither oppression nor conspiracy. Its simply a game of numbers. The person who lost must have once won too.

3. There doesnt have to be a conspiracy for a failing dullard to lose elctions. People do sometimes get fed up, you know.

4. There's no nation on earth where national resources are laid claim to by a smaller geopolitical segment. To suggest the economic mainstay of over 170 million should be subject to the ownership whims and caprices of that smaller segment is self destructive. Resources are commonwealth, not fiefdoms. Hold your governors responsible for your quagmire.

Lastly, consider this:

After the ss/se secedes, then what? What happens in the new joint biafra between the igbo and the ijaws, itsekiri, urhobo and the many tribes of new country?

I'll tell you. The game begins all over:

Interests
Oil politics
Tribalism
Elections
Mudslinging
Divisions
Claims of oppression and conspiracy
Skirmishes
Secessionist demands

Its a vicious circle.

2 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Nobody: 5:58am On Apr 28, 2015
PDPwayoo:

Name 1 great thing ever done by igbo that other tribes have not tripled?
my dear u are a mummies pet ...........

When you stop breastfeeding I will know fool
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Obiagu1(m): 5:58am On Apr 28, 2015
I call on my people to, from now henceforth, address SS/SE as Lower Niger.
We are no longer Easterners, because we are not East to anyone!
We are not Nigerians.

We are simply Lower Niger people.

3 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by nagoma(m): 6:04am On Apr 28, 2015
Cry Babies. Go ahead and take it...you wanted us to continue with the destructive fisherman as our president- nonsense!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC / Photos Of Buhari's Certificate Issued By Cambridge, UK / 1 Dead, 7 "Unknown Gunmen" Captured In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.