Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,795 members, 7,817,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Abacha Offers Oladipo Diya Handkerchief To Wipe Rivers Of Tears - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abacha Offers Oladipo Diya Handkerchief To Wipe Rivers Of Tears (64970 Views)

Fire Destroys Oladipo Diya's House In Lagos State (Photos) / Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 73rd Birthday Today / Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abacha Offers Oladipo Diya Handkerchief To Wipe Rivers Of Tears by Malawian(m): 3:36pm On Apr 28, 2015
when a human being is faced with a threat, he/she either fights or flees.

there was no provision for crying or drinking of tea or jedijedi until the yoruba people arrived on earth.

10 Likes

Re: Abacha Offers Oladipo Diya Handkerchief To Wipe Rivers Of Tears by SirShymexx: 3:37pm On Apr 28, 2015
[s]
Passinshot:
stop crying over spilled milk. the damage on we yorobbers has been done already. i think we should take our pound of flesh from mustafa for daring to release such a damning video of our general. its so embarrasing that this singular video has portrayed us as a cowardly tribe.

[/s]

Muthaphucka, I'm having an interesting discourse here - don't derail the darn thread.

Move over!

1 Like

Re: Abacha Offers Oladipo Diya Handkerchief To Wipe Rivers Of Tears by Passinshot: 3:38pm On Apr 28, 2015
Malawian:

there was no provision for crying or drinking of tea or jedijedi until the yorobbers people arrived on earth.

this is classic. but not all yorobbers are cowards. i can use myself as an example.

5 Likes

Re: Abacha Offers Oladipo Diya Handkerchief To Wipe Rivers Of Tears by SirShymexx: 3:39pm On Apr 28, 2015
Malawian:

there was no provision for crying or drinking of tea or jedijedi until the yoruba people arrived on earth.

Nah, an army officer, especially a war-time general should NEVER flee from the battle-field.

Only cowards do that. You either fight till the end, or surrender.
Re: Abacha Offers Oladipo Diya Handkerchief To Wipe Rivers Of Tears by sibb2011: 3:39pm On Apr 28, 2015
Midehi:

he wept, so whats the big deal, when a tyrant man wanted to take his life unjustly..but its a changed story today, he still lives on while the one who thought hes the owner of life is long ago 6 feets below,rottened & in hell.
moja, mosa la nmo akinkanju logun. He was vigilant to redeemed his own life to that serial killer that later came to die in the hand of a harlot. What an irony of life.. sad
Re: Abacha Offers Oladipo Diya Handkerchief To Wipe Rivers Of Tears by raumdeuter: 3:39pm On Apr 28, 2015
Remarkable:

Don't you agree anymore that FFK hit it before Ojukwu? so if Ojukwu legally got married to a girl you say was uner-aged... what does that tell you of FFK and the tribe he hails from?

Real men?

Ojuku was fingering her as a toddler which counts as child abuse.

FFK was the nigga who hit the real bullseye
Re: Abacha Offers Oladipo Diya Handkerchief To Wipe Rivers Of Tears by Passinshot: 3:40pm On Apr 28, 2015
SirShymexx:
[s][/s]

Muthaphucka, I'm having an interesting discourse here - don't derail the darn thread.

Move over!

i have to interupt because u are not making any sense but trying to prove to us that diya is not a coward. wat can be more damning that a so called general broke down in tears even without hearing the sound of a gun. i felt bad as a Yoruba but what can i do. should i kill mustafa for releasing the video? No!

9 Likes

Re: Abacha Offers Oladipo Diya Handkerchief To Wipe Rivers Of Tears by SirShymexx: 3:43pm On Apr 28, 2015
Passinshot:
[b][/b]
i have to interupt because u are not making any sense but trying to prove to us that diya is not a coward. wat can be more damning that a so called general broke down in tears even without hearing the sound of a gun. i felt bad a Yoruba but what can i do. should i kill mustafa for releasing the video? No!

Nah, just as Field Marshal Arthur Wellesley cried at the sight of bloody carnage - the man also cried cos he was about to be killed.

However, what war-time general runs away from the battle-field, while leaving his troops behind at the mercy of the enemy? grin

2 Likes

Re: Abacha Offers Oladipo Diya Handkerchief To Wipe Rivers Of Tears by Passinshot: 3:44pm On Apr 28, 2015
SirShymexx:

Nah, an army officer, especially a war-time general should NEVER flee from the battle-field.

Only cowards do that. You either fight till the end, or surrender.

the only bitterness gowon hold against ojukwu is that he never caught ojukwu. ojukwu beat him to the game. he was received in 1982 like a hero and when he died he received a state burial. u dont give a coward such heroic attention. where is our own diya today? wat of adekunle..nobody can tell wat happened to him because he was abandoned by the government he faught for. the video is not fair to we yorobbers but its not an excuse to cry over spilled milk

16 Likes

Re: Abacha Offers Oladipo Diya Handkerchief To Wipe Rivers Of Tears by raumdeuter: 3:44pm On Apr 28, 2015
The worst thing a General can do is flee. The ancient warlords would rather fall on their swords

But Ojuku, the cantankrous coward fled

Hear from the mouth of his Father in Law

3 Likes

Re: Abacha Offers Oladipo Diya Handkerchief To Wipe Rivers Of Tears by Passinshot: 3:46pm On Apr 28, 2015
SirShymexx:

Nah, just as Field Marshal Arthur Wellesley cried at the sight of bloody carnage - the man also cried cos he was about to be killed.

However, what war-time general runs away from the battle-field, while leaving his troops behind at the mercy of the enemy? grin

diya is my uncle and he is a coward. he never saw war but at the sight of abacha he cried. wat else can define an original coward than that? he belittled yorobbers in the sight of the world.

7 Likes

Re: Abacha Offers Oladipo Diya Handkerchief To Wipe Rivers Of Tears by Passinshot: 3:47pm On Apr 28, 2015
[s]
raumdeuter:
The worst thing a General can do is flee. The ancient warlords would rather fall on their swords

But Ojuku, the cantankrous coward fled

Hear from the mouth of his Father in Law
[/s]

it does not change anything. we yorobbers are the real cowards. we never saw war but abacha made our own general to weep like a baby. i am not happy that mustafa released that video.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abacha Offers Oladipo Diya Handkerchief To Wipe Rivers Of Tears by SirShymexx: 3:49pm On Apr 28, 2015
[s]
Passinshot:

the only bitterness gowon hold against ojukwu is that he never caught ojukwu. ojukwu beat him to the game. he was received in 1982 like a hero and when he died he received a state burial. u dont give a coward such heroic attention. where is our own diya today? wat of adekunle..nobody can tell wat happened to him because he was abandoned by the government he faught for. the video is not fair to we yorobbers but its not an excuse to cry over spilled milk
[/s]

By 1969, Biafra was on its knees and Ojukwu fled into exile in Ivory Coast. Twelve years later he was granted a pardon and returned to Nigeria where he formed the All Progressives Grand Alliance and ran for president in 2003 and 2007. In 2008, he received his military pension from the Nigerian government but complained that it ranked him as a lieutenant-colonel rather than as a general, his rank in the Biafran army.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/obituaries/emeka-ojukwu-soldier-who-led-his-people-into-the-war-of-biafran-independence-6276066.html

^^^Who does that? grin Thank God Nigerians are sane people - other folks would've killed every Biafran left after that. He was the biggest coward ever. No ratings for the greatest coward ever! undecided

4 Likes

Re: Abacha Offers Oladipo Diya Handkerchief To Wipe Rivers Of Tears by ElekeNtioba: 3:50pm On Apr 28, 2015
sukkot:
very hard to stay non-tribalist when reading lots of comments from ndigbo people. ok say hello to my lil frennnnnnnnn

ndigbo but i am sure you will not consider benjamin adekunle the black scorpion as a coward. the man was known to bring terror to the heart of strong ndigbo men. in fact i hear when ndigbo dream of adekunle the scorpion at night they break out in cold sweats and fear and start shivering
grin grin

is dat d best u can come up with?? cheesy cheesy

adekunle's exploits just like those of his other kinsmen were only achieved thru British and American support for Nigeria. He was a maniacal chest-beater who was at advantage and was keen to show it off. Moreover, during the war he was taking the glory for the exploits of an Ijaw officer, Adaka Boro in the creeks of present-day South South.

We've seen ur pple's capacity for 'bravery'. Believe me, its not worthing boasting abt.

15 Likes

Re: Abacha Offers Oladipo Diya Handkerchief To Wipe Rivers Of Tears by after1: 3:50pm On Apr 28, 2015
Dorrobucci:
My question to you... Can your weeping general even start a war? Answer me and we will continue grin grin

Dumb question. if someone attack your family and you are the only man to defend them, then you ran away in the middle of night. What are you? Hero right. More reason its easy to play the Igbos, they are just too gullible. A man told your parents to fight a war and never lost his child nor family, but when it was time for him to fight like a man he ran away like an ashewo yet you call that same ediot hero. Jeeeeez

Re: Abacha Offers Oladipo Diya Handkerchief To Wipe Rivers Of Tears by SirShymexx: 3:51pm On Apr 28, 2015
Passinshot:

diya is my uncle and he is a coward. he never saw war but at the sight of abacha he cried. wat else can define an original coward than that? he belittled yorobbers in the sight of the world.

He might be ya Uncle, but as someone who understands the military, I wouldn't call him a coward by any stretch.

However, Ojukwu has to be the biggest coward ever. Heck, even throughout the war, he never fired a single shot - he was moving from bunker to bunker, for more than two years. What's more cowardly than that?
Re: Abacha Offers Oladipo Diya Handkerchief To Wipe Rivers Of Tears by Passinshot: 3:51pm On Apr 28, 2015
these are all trash it does not say anything. i have seen the video of our own brother diya weeping and crying but can i see that of ojukwu. see, you are not more Yoruba than me but i have to face the reality at least for once. diya made every Yoruba to appear as a coward. its so unfair.

[s]
SirShymexx:
[s][/s]

By 1969, Biafra was on its knees and Ojukwu fled into exile in Ivory Coast. Twelve years later he was granted a pardon and returned to Nigeria where he formed the All Progressives Grand Alliance and ran for president in 2003 and 2007. In 2008, he received his military pension from the Nigerian government but complained that it ranked him as a lieutenant-colonel rather than as a general, his rank in the Biafran army.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/obituaries/emeka-ojukwu-soldier-who-led-his-people-into-the-war-of-biafran-independence-6276066.html

^^^Who does that? grin Thank God Nigerians are sane people - other folks would've killed every Biafran left after that. He was the biggest coward ever. No ratings for the greatest coward ever! undecided
[/s]

9 Likes

Re: Abacha Offers Oladipo Diya Handkerchief To Wipe Rivers Of Tears by sukkot: 3:52pm On Apr 28, 2015
ElekeNtioba:

is dat d best u can come up with?? cheesy cheesy

adekunle's exploits just like those of his other kinsmen were only achieved thru British and American support for Nigeria. He was maniacal chest-beater who had an advantage and was keen to show it off. Moreover, during the war he was taking the glory for the exploits of an Ijaw officer, Adaka Boro in the creeks of present-day South South.

We've seen ur pple's capacity for bravery. Believe me, its not worthing boasting abt.
yeah i hear adekunle also had a goat and named it ojukwu. he is the king of psychological warfare
Re: Abacha Offers Oladipo Diya Handkerchief To Wipe Rivers Of Tears by Remarkable: 3:52pm On Apr 28, 2015
raumdeuter:

Ojuku was fingering her as a toddler which counts as child abuse.

FFK was the nigga who hit the real bullseye

I'm sure you have first hand experience about child abuse and insest... we are Igbos, we don't roll the way you guys do... sorry!

5 Likes

Re: Abacha Offers Oladipo Diya Handkerchief To Wipe Rivers Of Tears by Remarkable: 3:53pm On Apr 28, 2015
Remarkable:

I'm sure you have first hand experience about child abuse and incest... we are Igbos, we don't roll the way you guys do... sorry!
Re: Abacha Offers Oladipo Diya Handkerchief To Wipe Rivers Of Tears by after1: 3:54pm On Apr 28, 2015
Malawian:

You are dumb. So when you are faced with death, you will run. Buhahahahaha. A war commander will fight to death and not run, Ojuiku of cursed memory is a coward.

Re: Abacha Offers Oladipo Diya Handkerchief To Wipe Rivers Of Tears by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 28, 2015
after1:

Dumb question. if someone attack your family and you are the only man to defend them, then you ran away in the middle of night. What are you? Hero right. More reason its easy to play the Igbos, they are just too gullible. A man told your parents to fight a war and never lost his child nor family, but when it was time for him to fight like a man he ran away like an ashewo yet you call that same ediot hero. Jeeeeez
RUBBISH...I GAT NO TIME FOR COWARDS. BYE grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Abacha Offers Oladipo Diya Handkerchief To Wipe Rivers Of Tears by Passinshot: 3:55pm On Apr 28, 2015
SirShymexx:

He might be ya Uncle, but as someone who understands the military, I wouldn't call him a coward by any stretch.

However, Ojukwu has to be the biggest coward ever. Heck, even throughout the war, he never fired a single shot - he was moving from bunker to bunker, for more than two years. What's more cowardly than that?

i am not ibo but ojukwu is a hero by all standards. he held off nigeria for three solid years with matchet and stick. and he was up against world powers not even nigerian army. i must confess ojukwu is a symbol of bravery. its not easy to stand up to intimidation and bullying of his own people. if ojukwu had not stood up to fight it could have been worse than it was. i give to ojukwu any time anyday. that said, diya betrayed we yorobbers in that video.

16 Likes

Re: Abacha Offers Oladipo Diya Handkerchief To Wipe Rivers Of Tears by after1: 3:55pm On Apr 28, 2015
[s]
Dorrobucci:
RUBBISH...I GAT NO TIME FOR COWARDS. BYE grin grin
[/s]

No you are the coward just like your forefathers and Ojuiku of cursed memory. He is the true definition of coward, deal with it.

Re: Abacha Offers Oladipo Diya Handkerchief To Wipe Rivers Of Tears by SirShymexx: 3:55pm On Apr 28, 2015
Passinshot:
these are all trash it does not say anything. i have seen the video of our own brother diya weeping and crying but can i see that of ojukwu. see, you are not more Yoruba than me but i have to face the reality at least for once. diya made every Yoruba to appear as a coward. its so unfair.

Just like Bianca father C.C. Onoh and Major General Alexander Madiebo (an Igbo 2-star general in the biafran army) attested to how cowardly Ojukwu was. Madiebo in his book said Ojukwu was so cowardly during the war that he was scared of his own troops and other Igbos who weren't from Anambra. grin

The man was just running from one bunker to another, hiding like a biitch. And the only thing he left his bunker for was propaganda with foreign press. grin

1 Like

Re: Abacha Offers Oladipo Diya Handkerchief To Wipe Rivers Of Tears by Remarkable: 3:58pm On Apr 28, 2015
after1:

You are dumb. So when you are faced with death, you will run. Buhahahahaha. A war commander will fight to death and not run, Ojuiku of cursed memory is a coward.
if you call a man that fought for 2 years a coward... what will you call the man that weeps?

I see why they say Yorubas are cowards... because they think fighting is cowardice! you guys are funny... for realzzz

14 Likes

Re: Abacha Offers Oladipo Diya Handkerchief To Wipe Rivers Of Tears by Passinshot: 3:58pm On Apr 28, 2015
[s]
SirShymexx:

Just like Bianca father C.C. Onoh and Major General Alexander Madiebo (an Igbo 2-star general in the biafran army) attested to how cowardly Ojukwu was. Madiebo in his book said Ojukwu was so cowardly during the war that he was scared of his own troops and other Igbos who weren't from Anambra. grin

The man was just running from one bunker to another, hiding like a biitch. And the only thing he left his bunker for was propaganda with foreign press. grin
[/s]

trash. stop crying and tell us why diya had to embarras us in that video. ojukwu remains a hero to his people. tell us more about diya and his cowardly character. i give it ojukwu for holding world powers for 3 solid years--that is bravery and not cowardice.. i mean its a great feat. i sometimes envy ibos for their bravery. wat about our own brother that never heard the sound of gun powder but wept at sighting ordinary abacha.

5 Likes

Re: Abacha Offers Oladipo Diya Handkerchief To Wipe Rivers Of Tears by raumdeuter: 3:58pm On Apr 28, 2015
Remarkable:

I'm sure you have first hand experience about child abuse and insest... we are Igbos, we don't roll the way you guys do... sorry!

Ask Bianca, That was why Chief Onoh, Biancars father hated Ojuku. Child abuse

1 Like

Re: Abacha Offers Oladipo Diya Handkerchief To Wipe Rivers Of Tears by SirShymexx: 3:58pm On Apr 28, 2015
Passinshot:

i am not ibo but ojukwu is a hero by all standards. he held off nigeria for three solid years with matchet and stick. and he was up against world powers not even nigerian army. i must confess ojukwu is a symbol of bravery. its not easy to stand up to intimidation and bullying of his own people. if ojukwu had not stood up to fight it could have been worse than it was. i give to ojukwu any time anyday. that said, diya betrayed we yorobbers in that video.

Hero of cowards.

I guess that's why those who emulate him always give useless ultimatums, no? Just bark everywhere like toothless bulldogs, the same way Ojukwu said he had the greatest black army in history, yet he gave them sticks and stones to fight, no?

I'm not throwing shots at decent Igbos - we're just having a discourse about who a real coward is. And Ojukwu personified it!
Re: Abacha Offers Oladipo Diya Handkerchief To Wipe Rivers Of Tears by SirLewis(m): 3:59pm On Apr 28, 2015
maclatunji, Afam4eva , OAM4J ,
Ikenna351, Seun. Isn't it obvious to you guys that this thread has been turned into a tribal war of words. You guys should do your job and delete this topic, lest you make it seem nairaland is just a forum marred with tribalism (which it actually is unfortunately)
@All previous posters. It's a shame that a lot of you were ranting and panting over the xenophobic attacks a while ago. Yet here you are throwing words at each other ready to thrust a knife at a person from another tribe. Shame on the whole lot of you, all of you spewing tribalistic insults are the main reason this country will never progress. And some of you went to school. You all should be ashamed of yourselves.
Re: Abacha Offers Oladipo Diya Handkerchief To Wipe Rivers Of Tears by Malawian(m): 4:00pm On Apr 28, 2015
after1:

you people accuse ojukwu of starting a war and failing to follow through, yet when your crying generals did a coup and was caught, instead of taking it on the chin like Gideon Okar, they introduced to the whole world a whole new method of conflict resolution.

12 Likes

Re: Abacha Offers Oladipo Diya Handkerchief To Wipe Rivers Of Tears by Benwems(m): 4:01pm On Apr 28, 2015
Mortiple:
Agreed, Ojukwu fled but that only happened after 3 years of fierce hostility against the Federal troops plus their foreign allies. Besides Ojukwu was just a Colonel in the Army.

As for Oladipo Diya, he NEVER FOUGHT any war. More so he was a GENERAL in the army.

It's such a shame that he chose to disgrace his people, the Yorubas, Nigeria nation and worse still, soldiers all over the world. He made history as the first Army General to weep uncontrollably on live camera.

One million likes for you

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ibrahim Coomasie, Son Of Abacha’s Police IG Shows Off Wealth (PHOTOS) / Atiku Releases ‘Evidence’ Of Election Result From INEC Website / Aisha Buhari: 'There Is No Pillow In Aso Rock, I Can’t Be Stopped From Talking'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.