Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,380 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT (57036 Views)

Emeka Ephraim Ugwuonye Barred From Legal Practice In Nigeria / Revealed: Reason Buhari Is Yet To Move Into Aso Rock - Breaking Times / Buhari Barred Osinbajo From Security Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Senjuchiha: 1:00pm On Apr 28, 2015
N1 = $1
N40 > 1 litre of fuel
2 square meal for every school children everyday
Safety return of Chibok girls
Elimination of Boko haram as a group
No more Sports in Nigeria
...and many more
Meanwhile, don't believe we will do everything stated in our manifesto kwos they're words of men, not the bible or kwuruan
Lastly, AIT must not rebroadcast this!
Signed: Mallam OneChance.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by netmillionaires(m): 1:28pm On Apr 28, 2015
zilokontah:

This is a case of double standard.
Simply put, Buhari is not celebrated now because he is Buhari, but because he is the president-elect.

He is news, whether in private or in the public now, and the news should interest every well meaning Nigerian.

[bold]This is the beauty of democracy, and certainly their are collateral damage and of course casualty of electioneering.[/bold]

Even in the US and Britain, even deeds of indecent photograph, or sexual molestation or wrong company can come to hurt any aspiring public figure in the future.

Given we are Nigerians, African and we should not forget what we are, but common,we all know those things aired whether sponsored or researched are facts in history.

The questions to ask is that:
Did Buhari not sentenced the woman to death: if eventually she died in custody was he held accountable or was the DPO or IG punished for such death?
His son's death i repeat is a NO GO AREA for the media....show some respect and humaneness.
Did he not gage the press?
Was he not accused of impropriety in the PTDF where he chaired and OBJ raise a committee to probe his tenure?
Whether acquitted of wrong doing or not is left for the report but it is a fact.
The gestapo extradition from London was it a farce....No

He GMB has recourse in law to seek redress in the court of law for defamation or libel but he can not say AIT should not cover His event or any one having to do with him for that matter for the period he holds power and/or when he is holding power in waiting except for public and national security reason.
And this of course AIT can challenge in court too, if they feel they have been unduly harassed or accused.

The best he could do, as you rightly said above is to ignore question from them or do not grant a one on one interview with them.

He has only succeeded in giving AIT unsolicited publicity.

Thanks for keeping it free from insult.....we learn everday.

Yes! 1st I must thank you for keeping it free from insult. This is one of the people for whom freedom of information is meant for.
Coming back to d discussion.
1stly there is nothing beautiful about this type of election... It is the same smearing campaign that make Jonathan to lose the election. I am a pro-Jonathan and start having a change of mind d moment he choose to remove subsidy on the 1st of January. Removing it might be the right thing to do but d timing is not right. 1st January!... Jonathan lose my sympathy because of the hate campaign. Attack your enemy and he will gain more sympathy... This is election campaign taken too far.
We have seen how silly acts could spoil a politician chance in d USA and England but I must remind u that we need to learn one or two thing about it from these countries about how it is done. I won't argue about it. This is pure hatred campaign and nothing else.
2ndly what law states that all media must be granted access to cover an event just because it is about d president or president-elect? AIT has no case here. U talk of AIT seeking redress in court if they think... Buhari break no law and tamper with no freedom of speech when he said,' Plz do not cover my event' I don't want to talk about law here. If AIT think they did av a case they should go to court to waste their money and stay there...
U speak of fact... Let us look at the case of the hanged woman for example. I will assume that she was indeed killed because there is another arguement that state otherwise. Did the woman not break the law knowing fully well what will happen when she got caught? Of course she did! Gestapo case is another thing. Even in this present age USA sent marines into a sovereign state to kill Bin Laden and everyone praised him. What should we call it? Double standard... I can't really argue much cos am tying this with a Nokia 200... Thanks for the argument anyway
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by jlinkd78(m): 1:31pm On Apr 28, 2015
Its unfortunate dat some people actually hail d General for this very wrong move targetted at Freedom of the Press and by extension Freedom of Information. In as much as we love Buhari as we all hope he will take us away from corruption n restore security; it will be uncharitable to some of us dat supported Buhari cos of this reason now realising some Nigerians are actually becoming fanatical by not seeing anything bad d incoming govt does or set to do when in power. I was expecting dat Buhari wud v tried to shame his critics who believed he was against press freedom by even improving on GEJ record in this regard. The hallmark of a statesman is not playing to d gallery but in taking steps dat posterity will judge him fairly. If u know how much deflated OBJ ego has been b/c of GEJ stance in dat historic phone call to Buhari after being accused of Gbagbo-like tendency and d man doing d exact opposite of Gbagbo u ll understand d path I expect GMB to be toeing. If d FOI we got under GEJ is being threatened this way even when GMB is yet to be sworn in, one wonders what become of d press n social media freedom when fully in charge. GMB cannot be promising us to encourage d enactmnt of Whistle Blowers Act (which is in itself an improvemnt on d FOI as it will put everything done by govt under censor) when he is not comfortable with a particular section of d press or expect all media outfit to like him. Mr Dokpesi in d build up to d 2015 electios officially resigned his position of Chairmanship of Daar Communications ltd (oprrators of Ait) and hence legally you can not tie Ait broadcast to dat of Dokpesi interst in GEJ re-election bid no matter how it appears. If u feel Ait infringd on ur fundamental human right , sue them and not all these hullabalo of 'security n family interest' as if d Ait team were gun wielding touts or dia is a security report against Ait. The question we should v been asking ourselves were whether those documentary aired by Ait were the truth and nobody had said Buhari didnt commit those sins in d past but prefer to euphemise them with 'hate campaign' as if all must love GMB or better still as if many us never hated GEJ. A whistle blower is one who exposes misconduct, alleged dishonest or illegal activity (e.g corruption) in an organisation to either d public or govt or to d organisation. Mark d word 'alleged' which means not yet proven, just a mere suspicion could even be reported and then d appropriate authorities ll investigate. This is what d APC incoming govt promised us and methink barring Ait from d event is to say d least parallel to our expectations. The time for smear campaigns which both d apc n pdp are equally 'yoked' are over and this shd be time for serious business.Truth is d more actions like keep coming up, the world is already comparing and GEJ peaceful temperament soaring higher. Just wont be surprised Nairaland is banned or barred from reporting issues one day.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by themanderon: 1:36pm On Apr 28, 2015
This is too petty buhari should be better than this now haba.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by IYANGBALI: 1:41pm On Apr 28, 2015
fboycaestro12:
Is anyone aware here that Obama also bared Boston Herald in USA. Anything GMB does is wrong

The hate still continues for GMB. Not matter what change has come, better u embrace it.

no mind those bad belle people,where were they when AIT was doing its own to GMB?its pay back time jo
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by aniyphil: 1:44pm On Apr 28, 2015
amakaobiemeka:
Its bar not ban. Its just a decision to freeze out ait frm covering his activities which he has a right to, he hasnt stopped them frm airing what they feel abt him. Its a way of punishing mediocrity, stupidity, impunity, no regard for rule of law people, nta case is understandable as it was in gej willpower, but ait just like channels or stv had the chance to play journalism with ethics and protect all sides and not give another excess priviledge but it did, the common man was bruised and raped its firm with the fg at their mercy. This is a signal to those who would rape our rule of law again! Mods laslastica pls fp so dummies can knw why

You said it all!
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by themanderon: 1:46pm On Apr 28, 2015
this is too petty buhari should be better than this now haba.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 28, 2015
themanderon:

AIT that claimed Buhari chased Ghanians from Nigeria.... that's not petty, uhm? whereas New York times reported on Feb 2, 1983[b] "President Shagari announced the expulsions Jan. 17, saying the foreigners were the cause of economic problems and religious and racial unrest. 16 Reported to Have Died"[/b]. Full gist~ here http://www.nytimes.com/1983/02/02/world/by-land-and-sea-they-stream-from-nigeria.html

Abeg AIT is a security risk to journalism and the general. I move for their ban on Nigeria airwaves grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 28, 2015
themanderon:

AIT that claimed Buhari chased Ghanians from Nigeria.... that's not petty, uhm? whereas New York times reported on Feb 2, 1983 "President Shagari announced the expulsions Jan. 17, saying the foreigners were the cause of economic problems and religious and racial unrest. 16 Reported to Have Died.

Full gist~ here http://www.nytimes.com/1983/02/02/world/by-land-and-sea-they-stream-from-nigeria.html

Abeg AIT is a security risk to journalism and the general. I move for their ban on Nigeria airwaves grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by hush15: 2:03pm On Apr 28, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
I support for AIT to step aside. Their standards and ethics must be looked into.

AIT is a disgrace and embarrassment to media broadcasting.

yet you find it laudable when TVC and the Nation Newspaper spread false stories about Jonathan and his government.

In case you don't know, there was never a time that TVC aired any advert and campaign of the PDP or its candidate but AIT was fair to both sides.

Neway, its well and life has a way of addressing things like this. the fall of APC will not be good at all should they continue in this undemocratic behaviour
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 28, 2015
Igwe9:
Wrong move in MHO, not allowing them to cover the news is already a bad news. Is he the head of the commission that is in charge of the broadcasting ethics and standards?
He better let the sleeping dogs be!
MR man,he is not the president but president elect so he is a private citizen and he still has right to let and not let some certain set of people into his private life....is just like some people wants ro video ur event and u told them u don't want,it's ur life naw haba
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by ekpurikpu77: 2:43pm On Apr 28, 2015
What did AIT say that was a lie about Buhari? If telling the truth about Buhari is hate,what about what was said about GEJ?
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Jossyroyal1: 2:45pm On Apr 28, 2015
lordkrato:

You should be happy that you're on nairaland... You're comrades are in the psych ward...
THIS is wat we are talking about! it's obvious ur family can no longer afford ur drugs...
#smh
mtcheeeeeew
Shioooor
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Obiagu1(m): 2:46pm On Apr 28, 2015
Does Buhari have the right to bar AIT?
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Jossyroyal1: 2:49pm On Apr 28, 2015
lordkrato:

You should be happy that you're on nairaland... You're comrades are in the psych ward...
This is wat we are talking abt! it's obvious dat ur family can no longer afford ur drugs.....
it's a pity
#smh
shioor!
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by khassy(m): 4:27pm On Apr 28, 2015
Azo:

who owns this cow?

stark illiterate..... get off my mention useless mofo
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by otigbagba: 4:28pm On Apr 28, 2015
Ezemust:
de are diff kind of force.the one gmb is operating is a calous one.how can u send soldiers to the market and ask them to ensure dat a particular comodity is sold d same price?
...that was then..now he comes with a different kind of force..nd naija needs force. ..a level of force to behave
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by otigbagba: 4:30pm On Apr 28, 2015
adconline:

Idiocy on full HD. We have NBC and law courts to take care of that!
...Olodo...we need a president who has a level of force to make people with ur pdp kind of mind to behave...court is useless if it lacks force..Gmb brings that force to make folks lyk u to behave
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Ezemust: 4:40pm On Apr 28, 2015
otigbagba:
...that was then..now he comes with a different kind of force..nd naija needs force. ..a level of force to behave
like baring ait?
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Azo(m): 5:01pm On Apr 28, 2015
khassy:

stark illiterate..... get off my mention useless mofo
i laugh at u in pidgin.. smiley
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by sweetgala(m): 5:17pm On Apr 28, 2015
naijababe:

It is not justifiable, GMB should head to court if he was defamed. Press freedom should remain exactly that

He is not yet the president, if he does not like the company of AIT for personal reasons his press officer has the right to bar them from personal press events, especially for security reasons and to avoid a repeat of his episode with AIT.

Defamation of character is tough on the victim, I'll like you to ponder on that
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by otigbagba: 5:47pm On Apr 28, 2015
Ezemust:
like baring ait?
....from covering his activities. Yes nd it is his tight as a nigerian...he didn't take their licence. ..but come on did u even make any arguments when ait was siring those lies against d man...enof of all these whity washy altitudes from folks .
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by scandybuono: 6:14pm On Apr 28, 2015
Who dey watch AIT and NTA...dead stations since d beginning of time,Na why CHANNELS dey lead collect best station very yr cos dem get gud standards and ethics...
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Depathologist: 6:19pm On Apr 28, 2015
Dominiquez:
I pity anyone that supports this ban, cos Buhari is now fighting FOI law that allowed APC to excel . Banning of APC will be the beginning of the dark days for the media under Buhari's govt.

TVC and Sahara reporters were never banned even when they were broadcasting lies against Jonathan govt.

My friend, do you understand English at all? Buhari bar and not ban AIT. Take for example with your mobile phone which I believe you have. You can bar someone from calling your line but this does not necessary mean the person cannot call others using the same phone or network. Buhari is not yet president and he has the sole power to decide who participates in his personal affair. He has decided pls respect his choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by SIRICE(m): 10:31pm On Apr 28, 2015
netmillionaires:

this is one of those people I am talking about. People who think freedom of speech mean freedom to abuse others. If you don't agreed with someone's argument then counter it. Calling another person a slowpoke speak well of who u really are.

was just asking you to be sure if you are just joking or you meant what you said

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution / Ben Bruce With His Friends In Los Angeles In 1977 (Throwback Photos) / Mc Oluomo Bans Illegal Agbero Taxes In Part Of Lagos, Following Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.