Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,533 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT (57043 Views)

Emeka Ephraim Ugwuonye Barred From Legal Practice In Nigeria / Revealed: Reason Buhari Is Yet To Move Into Aso Rock - Breaking Times / Buhari Barred Osinbajo From Security Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Nkemtreasure: 7:23am On Apr 28, 2015
Habaaaaa. Premium times, Leadership, Sahara reporters were not banned o. We should also learn how to accommodate opposition even in from the press. Even if we have lost confidence in them, I think this is a very wrong move.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by anonimi: 7:38am On Apr 28, 2015
Story story.

The oppressive DICTATOR is back and showing his TRUE colours.

Decree 4 returns

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2098851_109602783_jpeg1fa095d1e8964ccd66363d37dc6c81b3

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 28, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
I support for AIT to step aside. Their standards and ethics must be looked into.

AIT is a disgrace and embarrassment to media broadcasting.

give evidence...

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by misterh(m): 7:41am On Apr 28, 2015
Oya Tanoids, come and find faults in this. Y'all were silent when AIT were slandering Buhari. Now, that their ethical standard s need to be reviewed, you are shouting blue murder.

3 Likes

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by mbulela: 7:42am On Apr 28, 2015
I no support this one o.
There are solid legal ways of making ait completely useless for the next four years not sniffling them not via illegal and tacky channels like this.
Organizations like ait need to be made useless to serve as a lesson to others in future.

3 Likes

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by searay(m): 7:43am On Apr 28, 2015
Nairaland may have her own share. Let's watch out

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by misterh(m): 7:45am On Apr 28, 2015
fr3do:
This man has not even been sworn in!

Na one chance be this one o.
Because he barred AIT from his events, right? Bar, not ban o! What was your position when AIT were running negative documentary on him?

3 Likes

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by UniqueHomes(m): 7:46am On Apr 28, 2015
I don't support this move one bit. No Matter what they have done during the presidential campaign. They were under instructions from the president. Just because they didn't side with you doesn't make them an enemy. The first thing a good president should do OS to bring everyone together. Now I must watch what I say here before they 'Bar' me from everything.
This regime is going yo be a regime of no Freedom of speech. May God help us.

2 Likes

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Yksharp(m): 7:46am On Apr 28, 2015
That is my General!!!!!!I am very happy for the bar on AIT..that will serve them as a lesson and lesson to others that GMB is nt GEJ...He those not tolorate nonsense!! I am so much Happy...GMB bar AIT is the best news I have heard this Year..and GMB BAN AIT will be the best thing GMB will do 4 me 4 voting 4 him..Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by omojeesu(m): 7:46am On Apr 28, 2015
AIT was wrong. Barring them is wrong also. Two wrongs don't make a right! Buhari is sending wrong signals of what to expect in his presidency. God help him! and us!

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by ULSHERLAN(m): 7:47am On Apr 28, 2015
I also support this move cos they were compromised and can still be
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by ziccoit: 7:47am On Apr 28, 2015
Igwe9:
Wrong move in MHO, not allowing them to cover the news is already a bad news. Is he the head of the commission that is in charge of the broadcasting ethics and standards?
He better let the sleeping dogs be!

Allow sleeping dogs lie, you said. AIT is a rabid dog that hardly sleep ever looking for a victim to bite without provocations. AIT is an embarrassment to media industry all over the world. AIT needs to receive some tutoring from Channels tv.

Again, every freedom has a limit including the much touted freedom of speech. Your freedom should end where someone right begins. By the time you start airing a fabricated damaging view about an individual or group, you should be brought to book and hammered if found guilty.

3 Likes

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by forget101O(m): 7:48am On Apr 28, 2015
Igwe9:
Wrong move in MHO, not allowing them to cover the news is already a bad news. Is he the head of the commission that is in charge of the broadcasting ethics and standards?
He better let the sleeping dogs be!
Must You talk for talking sake? GMB has his personal rights regading who reports his affairs.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Excellentmind: 7:48am On Apr 28, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
I support for AIT to step aside. Their standards and ethics must be looked into.

You are such a great fool for not seeing punch as a bias media house other than AIT.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by adconline(m): 7:48am On Apr 28, 2015
Always taking laws into his hands! GMB is far from a changed " democrat". There is a govt entity called -NBC. National Broadcasting Comission- that is saddled with the responsibility of sanctioning erring media houses.
There is also laws against libel and slander and to the best of my knowledge, no court in the land has awarded damages to GMB against AIT. He's the offended, complainant and judge in this case.
Can GMB just rise above pettiness and vindictiveness? Naija has a lot of problems .. Barring AIT is not one of those.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by otigbagba: 7:49am On Apr 28, 2015
Ezemust:
Nigerian going silly.wat with those post up dia?is gmb trying to tell ait wat to broadcast?and i cant beleive some ppl are suporting diz dictatorial act.WEN RUEBEN ABATI WAS WRITING HATEFUL THINGS AGAINST GEJ WAT DID GEJ DO?did ban the guy?nop.he RATHER INVITE DAT GUY TO WORK WITH HIM BECAUSE A CLEAR CONCIENCE FEARS NO ACCUSATION.thats how sane ppl dose
...dats why he is referred to by some as clueless. ..d same way ffk became his campaign media director. .really gej is clueless

2 Likes

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by rusher14: 7:50am On Apr 28, 2015
AIT can be considered a security risk for now therefore, their conduct must be monitored or even shunted till GMB tatakes his oath of office.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by IshaqAyinde(m): 7:50am On Apr 28, 2015
if i happens to be GMB, i will jst ban dem for like 2yrs, dis will make dem gain their senses

Dis is wht Yar'adua did to Channels den dat make dem to sit tight to professionalism, Raymond Dokpesi should jst come out openly and appologise to d president-elect.

Stupid AIT.
Den to u crying fowl, continue, u can even go and hug d xfomer.
Hypocracy dey smell

2 Likes

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by babiskinado(m): 7:50am On Apr 28, 2015
He has every right to do that. As a normal civilian deserving of privacy

4 Likes

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 28, 2015
Sa
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by AJOT99(m): 7:51am On Apr 28, 2015
Can u see d man u voted for?

He is already on a revenge mission........

Waiting for May 29th.......

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by klax(m): 7:51am On Apr 28, 2015
azzutee:
I stopped watching AIT during electioneering campaign immediately they abandoned the ethics of journalism. Freedom of information doesn't not allow anybody or media houses to malign the image of anybody either influential or not. There is always a limitation to every laws.

But wait Mr respect what about TVC but Gej has the power not only to ban them but shut it down but he never did. Please all is politics it has come and gone the fact remain GMB has no right or reason to ban anybody so pls put that earn your respect in toilet and flush it off and just kindly talk sense ok. No offense.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Princeozb: 7:52am On Apr 28, 2015
GMB!! GMB!! GMB!!! How many times did I call U? He that is invaded by soldier ants and choose to start a romance with his wife risks dancing ACHIKOLO naked if caution is not applied, LEAVE THE MEDIA ALONE!!!! .
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by adconline(m): 7:52am On Apr 28, 2015
forget101O:

Must You talk for talking sake? GMB has his personal rights regading who reports his affairs.
No HE DOESNT if he's meeting a Cuban delegation as a president elect.. He's personal rights apply to meeting his wife and family. Why do we have many dumb followers in this country?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Excellentmind: 7:53am On Apr 28, 2015
forget101O:

Ust You tali for talking sake? GMB has his personal rights regading who reports his affairs.

Which section of the 1999 constitution provides for this?
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by jamillion: 7:53am On Apr 28, 2015
fr3do:

AIT should be our last concern, it is not them that are to run the affairs of this country.
It is Buhari's seemingly unchanged hate for free press that is worrying.
GEJ never barred Sahara, by Buhari taking this move he is already taking things for granted and the people should show their displeasure.
so, u mean freedom of speach should also allow a breach of rules?

2 Likes

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by TheOtherview: 7:56am On Apr 28, 2015
This ban does not sit well with me at all.

If ethics is the main issue, as we are informed, not even Garba Shehu (Buhari's spokesman) of the Transcorpgate picture saga is beyond reproach.

They have been asked to step down their coverage until we resolve the matter with them on ethics and standards,” he said. Shehu however denied that the Nigerian Television Authority, NTA, was also bared. Shehu said the NTA crew are free to attend the events of the President elect and to cover it accordingly

Come to think of it; even SR that I have supported non-stop on these boards, sails close to the wind on 'ethical standards of reporting'.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by ajepako(f): 7:56am On Apr 28, 2015
MzJackBaueress:

But nothing is wrong with Sahara Reporter's smear campaign against GEJ, sponsored by APC, abi?

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by ogawisdom(m): 7:56am On Apr 28, 2015
This is immature and shows dt buhari is a hardcore dictator. Anybody in support of this crude action in a democracy is a complete clown like buhari. Goosh so very soon we will all loose our freedom of speech n any attempt to attack his govt on NL might lead to d closure of NL.

Jesus nigerians ve made a big mistake in voting in a 15th century dictator as a president ie why Jonathan is miles ahead of him.

A lot of nigerians r going to b harrassed and tortured for opposing this Buhari govt, d handwriting is already on d wall.

Buhari stop chasing shadow n get ready to deliver d change u promised

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Ezemust: 7:56am On Apr 28, 2015
otigbagba:
...dats why he is referred to by some as clueless. ..d same way ffk became his campaign media director. .really gej is clueless
dats y i said dat Nigeria is doomed.u guys only understand the language of force.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Rivers Rerun: PDP Releases Photos, Alleges FG Doles Out Billions To APC Rivers / Fleeing Boko Haram Terrorists Drown In Lake Chad / Policeman On Duty Wearing Shorts & T-shirt In Ojo Lagos(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.