Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,521 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT (57038 Views)

Emeka Ephraim Ugwuonye Barred From Legal Practice In Nigeria / Revealed: Reason Buhari Is Yet To Move Into Aso Rock - Breaking Times / Buhari Barred Osinbajo From Security Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by jude33084(m): 10:48am On Apr 28, 2015
fr3do:

AIT should be our last concern, it is not them that are to run the affairs of this country.
It is Buhari's seemingly unchanged hate for free press that is worrying.
GEJ never barred Sahara, by Buhari taking this move he is already taking things for granted and the people should show their displeasure.

For you to compare AiT with sahara reporters show how low your iq can be?

Did sahara reporters campaign for Buhari or did they campaign for GEJ?

Did they air any documentary on GEJ tarnishing his personal image?

Why Ait always? Is channel and stv not there?

I expected Stv or Tvc to even be the ones doing this for obvious reasons but they decided to be professional.

You have to wake up from your sleep.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by jude33084(m): 10:53am On Apr 28, 2015
hardbody:

Sounds interesting but does not concern me. When sahara reporter was writing all manner of lies and insults on a sitting president they were not barred. Lets keep waiting for the imposition of Decree 4 in a military democracy.

Is Sahara reporters under NBC?
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by aku626(m): 10:56am On Apr 28, 2015
Barring of AIT isn't the smartest move not that i agree of all the 'hateful' commentaries or documentaries of the president elect but its media and you'd have some supporting your govt. and others. The public must see the good and bad side for effective judgment. He must allow FOI to play it's roll and also the NBC to determine sanctions if there would be any, not taking such matters personally.
At this point i see a onemanhero regim.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by sigain: 10:57am On Apr 28, 2015
which wrong move are u talking about, so it is now u know there's a head in the broadcasting commission. anyway, any citizen has the right to include or exclude any media firm from their affairs in as much u cant trust their ethics and standards and u can defend your actions.
Igwe9:
Wrong move in MHO, not allowing them to cover the news is already a bad news. Is he the head of the commission that is in charge of the broadcasting ethics and standards?
He better let the sleeping dogs be!
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Skoopy(m): 10:58am On Apr 28, 2015
Dominiquez:
I pity anyone that supports this ban, cos Buhari is now fighting FOI law that allowed APC to excel . Banning of APC will be the beginning of the dark days for the media under Buhari's govt.

TVC and Sahara reporters were never banned even when they were broadcasting lies against Jonathan govt.
**bar** not ban... take note pls.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by ihatesycophant(m): 11:00am On Apr 28, 2015
Dominiquez:
I pity anyone that supports this ban, cos Buhari is now fighting FOI law that allowed APC to excel . Banning of APC will be the beginning of the dark days for the media under Buhari's govt.

TVC and Sahara reporters were never banned even when they were broadcasting lies against Jonathan govt.

It's bar and not ban Mr. Man, which is his right.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by mikolo80: 11:02am On Apr 28, 2015
Igwe9:
Wrong move in MHO, not allowing them to cover the news is already a bad news. Is he the head of the commission that is in charge of the broadcasting ethics and standards?
He better let the sleeping dogs be!
He is the head of his house.they are intruding on his privacy.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by mikolo80: 11:05am On Apr 28, 2015
fr3do:

AIT should be our last concern, it is not them that are to run the affairs of this country.
It is Buhari's seemingly unchanged hate for free press that is worrying.
GEJ never barred Sahara, by Buhari taking this move he is already taking things for granted and the people should show their displeasure.
Gej Cannot bar the internet dude same way buhari cannot bar reporting by ait but they can bar coverage so all they get is secondhand news not live.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by mikolo80: 11:07am On Apr 28, 2015
Dominiquez:

You cant ban someone not based go your country.beauty of satellite and internet.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by EMANY01(m): 11:10am On Apr 28, 2015
chadnezzar0worl:
Ban the unprofessional bastards for the next eight years! Mofos! Dokpesi is a big disgrace and will eat sand for the next four years!

Went against d ethics of broadcasting for a plate of porridge! Ait lost my respect! They should go take a cue form channels, who is gaining wide spread international relevance!

While AIT should fees fat on their 7 billion campaign funds

My brother I have no problems with banning or barring AIT from broadcasting activities for as long as it catches your fancy: the next eight years, the next eighty years buT one little thing before then:
Proof that as part og the pre-election broadcast on buhari and even tinubu that AIT LIED , FALSIFIED OR MISREPRESENTED INFORMATION AND GOING FURTHER BROADCASTED SAME WITH THE PURPOSE OF DOING DAMAGE TO THE PUBLIC IMAGES OF THE INDIVIDUALS SO MENTIONED.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by espn(m): 11:11am On Apr 28, 2015
lordkrato:

Chai.... You're so lame... By your company you keep I can now see how silly toy are... You're a shame to men ...
what's dis one saying? Cos u were born gay rite?
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Nellybii: 11:16am On Apr 28, 2015
Yksharp:
That is my General!!!!!!I am very happy for the bar on AIT..that will serve them as a lesson and lesson to others that GMB is nt GEJ...He those not tolorate nonsense!! I am so much Happy...GMB bar AIT is the best news I have heard this Year..and GMB BAN AIT will be the best thing GMB will do 4 me 4 voting 4 him..Thanks

That's right jare my brother. Exactly what Nigerians need. Iron hand. We are so indisciplined and corrupt?? WE have lost everything. We even carry expo for common entrance examinations now. Haba. We need to be rescued. This is when we need a real man to handle us no be woman like GEJ.A retired General might not be a bad idea after all mtcheeeeeeew SMH
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by saltoftheearth: 11:20am On Apr 28, 2015

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by nijanigga: 11:31am On Apr 28, 2015
debo07:
Dokpesi used to earn my respect years back.But now he doesn't have even the smallest of respects from me again.He really took the campaign personal.he went just too far with it.People shouldn't see Buhari's action against AIT as an attack on media sector cos I'm sure Buhari won't do that to other stations.Dokpesi just need to be dealt with to regain his sences.This will teach him never to air hate campaign against anybody again in future.
AIT almost went off the iar, until they got that 10 billion naira contract to defame GMB nad Tinubu from Gej and PDP. I don't see them as journalist.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by EMANY01(m): 11:32am On Apr 28, 2015
adconline:

No HE DOESNT if he's meeting a Cuban delegation as a president elect.. He's personal rights apply to meeting his wife and family. Why do we have many dumb followers in this country?

THe thing tire me.People supporting a clear contitutional violation and giving the tounge in cheek reason saying the "PRESIDENT-ELECT", currently being housed at the 'DEFENCE HOUSE' can direct his protocol and security aids ( all provided and paid for by tax payers funds mind you ) to bar a media organisation from public affairs involving him not to mention, in this particular case a "PUBLIC MEETING" with a diplomatic representative of another country because he needs his privacy.
We are done for in this country may 29 just seals it.

MORONS....

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Montaque(m): 11:38am On Apr 28, 2015
Seun360:

Baba, they were barred and not banned.
creating difference without distinction.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by nelsooo: 11:42am On Apr 28, 2015
If AIT standard and ethics need to be looked into
then TVC needs to be checked as well, this should not be the attitude of a president, TVC did a lot a hate documentary but no body is talking about them, us it because APC is in power. Campagna is over let nigeria move forward, let Buhari lead this country without hate or grievances of the past
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Azo(m): 11:42am On Apr 28, 2015
fr3do:

If Buhari cares so much about his privacy, he shouldn't be in politics.
ok o. So being a politician has taking away ur right to privacy abi? I pray ur brain gets useful for its main purpose.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by funmilade4real(m): 11:42am On Apr 28, 2015
Ezemust:
Nigerian going silly.wat with those post up dia?is gmb trying to tell ait wat to broadcast?and i cant beleive some ppl are suporting diz dictatorial act.WEN RUEBEN ABATI WAS WRITING HATEFUL THINGS AGAINST GEJ WAT DID GEJ DO?did ban the guy?nop.he RATHER INVITE DAT GUY TO WORK WITH HIM BECAUSE A CLEAR CONCIENCE FEARS NO ACCUSATION.thats how sane ppl dose

You don't know Anything
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Nobody: 11:45am On Apr 28, 2015
What exactly do they mean by SECURITY and FAMILY concerns as regards news coverage!!!.
CRAP!!!!!!!.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Azo(m): 11:49am On Apr 28, 2015
EMANY01:

THe thing tire me.People supporting a clear contitutional violation and giving the tounge in cheek reason saying the "PRESIDENT-ELECT", currently being housed at the 'DEFENCE HOUSE' can direct his protocol and security aids ( all provided and paid for by tax payers funds mind you ) to bar a media organisation from public affairs involving him not to mention, in this particular case a "PUBLIC MEETING" with a diplomatic representative of another country because he needs his privacy.
We are done for in this country may 29 just seals it.

MORONS....
why are u pple been carelessly stewpid? Were other media practitioners barred? This is a matter him beleiving they can distora info from d meeting since AIT s ethically n morally bankrupt. A station dat can go as far as forging poll result. U are d foolish one here.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by jatthobber(m): 11:50am On Apr 28, 2015
It's freedom of speech
for AIT/ NTA to be
unprofessional and unethical but
dictatorial for GMB to bar AIT and NTA for security reasons and protection of his life and his family. In my own Nigerian
constitution, protection of lives
and property of every Nigerian
comes before freedom of
speech, press or whatever
freedom. Freedom to live is
sacred.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:03pm On Apr 28, 2015
Scatterboss:

How can GEJ bar sahara reporters, an online news agency based in NY. What about the clampdown on some newspapers by this same GEJ?

Easy...

Heard of The Great Firewall?

Most people browse with MTN, GLO, Etisalat & Airtel.

Censor it at just 4 points and most Nigerian residents won't access it.

When he eventually gets called his own version of retardeen, clueless, etc. I hope he doesn't ban the internet...
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by suptol(m): 12:11pm On Apr 28, 2015
AIT son hear am. grin
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Ezemust: 12:26pm On Apr 28, 2015
funmilade4real:

You don't know Anything
clap for ya sef
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 28, 2015
netmillionaires:

lolz... Public property! Buhari no be building na.... Just kidding.
Well said! I must admit that ur text did carry weight. I don't know if you are the same person who argued that IS HE THE PRESIDENT, NBC etc? But if it is you then that mean u just contradict yourself. I agree with ur points above but we shouldn't forget that our so-called hero of FOI, President Jonathan also bar the press every now and then. One case been the barring of the press from his meeting with the Obas b4 election. Buhari is a public figure as U said, but the right to allow the press to cover his event is still his. Same for our celebrities. A celebrity is a citizen like U and I. If a celebrity refused to talk to the press, it is his/her right. All the fans can do is shout DIS CELEB TOO DEY SHOW OFF. He (celeb) owe no one an apology.
Buhari is the president-elect and not the president and as such he doesn't have the power to send NBC after AIT but still has the right to ask them not to cover his event.
We should note that he didn't bar all the press in which case we the public will still have access to the information. He only bar AIT lest AIT try to use it for another smearing campaign. AIT already damaged its image and has a case to answer in any sane society. At least it broke the ethic code of Journalism. I won't be surprised if NBC goes after AIT once Buhari is sworn in. Many people will sure call it the new DECREE 4 whatever. But somethings are necessary to put us on the right path. USA has FOI but no company dare break business rules and ethics.
Because there is freedom of speech we all go about spreading ethnic and religious sentiment without thinking about where it might get us. If care is not taken, this FOI will be our undoing rather than a blessing.

This is a case of double standard.
Simply put, Buhari is not celebrated now because he is Buhari, but because he is the president-elect.

He is news, whether in private or in the public now, and the news should interest every well meaning Nigerian.

This is the beauty of democracy, and certainly their are collateral damage and of course casualty of electioneering.

Even in the US and Britain, even deeds of indecent photograph, or sexual molestation or wrong company can come to hurt any aspiring public figure in the future.

Given we are Nigerians, African and we should not forget what we are, but common,we all know those things aired whether sponsored or researched are facts in history.

The questions to ask is that:
Did Buhari not sentenced the woman to death: if eventually she died in custody was he held accountable or was the DPO or IG punished for such death?
His son's death i repeat is a NO GO AREA for the media....show some respect and humaneness.
Did he not gage the press?
Was he not accused of impropriety in the PTDF where he chaired and OBJ raise a committee to probe his tenure?
Whether acquitted of wrong doing or not is left for the report but it is a fact.
The gestapo extradition from London was it a farce....No

He GMB has recourse in law to seek redress in the court of law for defamation or libel but he can not say AIT should not cover His event or any one having to do with him for that matter for the period he holds power and/or when he is holding power in waiting except for public and national security reason.
And this of course AIT can challenge in court too, if they feel they have been unduly harassed or accused.

The best he could do, as you rightly said above is to ignore question from them or do not grant a one on one interview with them.

He has only succeeded in giving AIT unsolicited publicity.

Thanks for keeping it free from insult.....we learn everday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by jbon: 12:32pm On Apr 28, 2015
GMB has not taking over he has started divide and rule policy. This is a dictatorial tendency. A tyrant is always a tyrant. Waiting and watching to see prediction about him come to pass
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by fboycaestro12(m): 12:36pm On Apr 28, 2015
skyra:
ok o. Its just dat I find it difficult to take politicians word at face value. I am waiting for gmb to prove me wrong, but somehow, I doubt

until then
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Xeedorf: 12:38pm On Apr 28, 2015
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has said that all accredited media organizations in the country, including the African Independent Television (AIT), are free to cover the activities of the President-elect, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari.

In a statement issued in Abuja on Tuesday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party said the incoming Buhari Administration will not discriminate against any media organization, irrespective of its role during the electioneering campaign leading up to the recent polls.

It however enjoined all media organizations to observe the highest level of professional standards in carrying out their duties.

”There is a Code of Ethics guiding the practice of journalism in Nigeria, and this demands every journalist to ensure a strict adherence to the highest levels of ethics and professionalism in carrying out their duties.

”There must be repercussions, within the realms of the law, for media organizations which have wantonly breached the Code of Ethics of the journalism profession and turned themselves to partisans instead of professionals. But such repercussions will not include barring any accredited media organization from covering the activities of the President-elect,” APC said.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by EMANY01(m): 12:41pm On Apr 28, 2015
Azo:

why are u pple been carelessly stewpid? Were other media practitioners barred? This is a matter him beleiving they can distora info from d meeting since AIT s ethically n morally bankrupt. A station dat can go as far as forging poll result. U are d foolish one here.

Like I said mor0n(s)........
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 28, 2015
The foundation of Cluelessness is slowly being laid.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ben Bruce With His Friends In Los Angeles In 1977 (Throwback Photos) / Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution / Fleeing Boko Haram Terrorists Drown In Lake Chad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.