Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,983 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? (11489 Views)

Wordpress Vs Blogger : Advantages They Both Have - Techhinfo / Wordpress Or Blogger; Which One Should I Choose? / Wordpress Vs Blogger; Which Is Better For Blogging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 28, 2015
WordPress feature is cool although i use blogger

2 Likes

Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:13am On Apr 28, 2015
WordPress is simpler

2 Likes

Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by prelinctus: 11:14am On Apr 28, 2015
Linda Ikeji
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by theorbiters: 11:14am On Apr 28, 2015
Blogger is popular but not flexible.

Wordpress is flexible, you can design it to ur taste and to what you wanna blog about.
The beauty of wordpress is way above blogger, although, it is not popular, but it helps to create a forum like website. In fact, it is the best when it comes to replying or joining a conversation.
It's simply amazing

1 Like

Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by Ewizard(m): 11:15am On Apr 28, 2015
none...

all diz cms sucks..
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by Kingsleymichael(m): 11:15am On Apr 28, 2015
I uses both wordpress and bloger but i think i like wordpress
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by misterh(m): 11:15am On Apr 28, 2015
WordPress for me. It allows for more freedom with various plugins & themes. Check my signature for instance.

1 Like

Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 28, 2015
Blogger is easier For amateur bloggers and even da professionals .. WordPress hosted blog is just complicated. But for a personally hosted blog.. WordPress is All u need..

1 Like

Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by naijainfogalery: 11:16am On Apr 28, 2015
In terms of security Blogger is better while in terms of design wordpress rocks

1 Like

Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by olempe(m): 11:16am On Apr 28, 2015
seunwen2:
[size=32pt]but i never see any kobo from my blog[/size]
Lol.. grin grin Smh.

I prefer WordPress though. Check out this WordPress site: http://nigerianscoop.com
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by omanifrank(m): 11:18am On Apr 28, 2015
hmmm
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by hebraheem20(m): 11:18am On Apr 28, 2015
wordpress is better u can use different type of plugging which u dont ave access to an blogger

1 Like

Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by abohrandy: 11:31am On Apr 28, 2015
for this talk, i give it to wordpress.

where wuna leave Joomla and Drupal
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by donbrowser(m): 11:44am On Apr 28, 2015
WordPress has it. With the fantastico feature you can have a complete blog running on a 2gb space

1 Like

Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by twosquare(m): 11:46am On Apr 28, 2015
Wordpress for life....Blogger is too restrictive...it is like comparing the android and iOS platform. one is open source, the other is closed. wordpress has enough of plug ins tongue and codings that you can manipulate. Although there is nothing with pros that doesn't have cons...wordpress can be sometimes expensive....going premium is like $99. but wordpress still do it for me sha...check out my wordpress blog : https://scribeofyahweh./
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by seunwen2(m): 11:49am On Apr 28, 2015
Tobilastik:

we re in d same shoes grin me don quit sha #no time

me sef don leave blogging to chase my career that would be a better option
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 28, 2015
loomer:
If I say I know Wetn una de talk abt, I lie pass politicians be that, but I ready learn

Lols. Wordpress and blogger are both cms(content management software) use for designing websites.

These two cms are widely use by most bloggers. For exam naijaloaded is running on a worpdress cms. While lindaikeji is running on a .

Op is trying to compare the two. As for me I prefer wordpress for I have used it to build more 100 websites for clients.

4 Likes

Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by mohammad11: 11:56am On Apr 28, 2015
@OP, I awaits ur analysis concerning the topic you‘ve raised.
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by jezuzboi(m): 12:04pm On Apr 28, 2015
Blogger is indeed better. Quote me anywhere
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by egift(m): 12:15pm On Apr 28, 2015
WP is far better. It is more customizable. Meet my WP site and let me know what you think: http://zexmax.com
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by 2scorehigh(m): 12:31pm On Apr 28, 2015
I prefer Blogger.

In terms of security, I'll rank Blogger higher. There was a time I used WordPress for my site and the homepage was defaced by some Iranian hackers. You cannot try that rubbish with Blogger.

Blogger is also owned by Google so that might also influence things like page rank and searches.

But then again, you don't really own your Blogger blog because Google might seize it at anytime, well, at anytime you run contrary to their rules and regulations.
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by loomer: 12:33pm On Apr 28, 2015
mikketech:

Lols. Wordpress and blogger are both cms(content management software) use for designing websites.

These two cms are widely use by most bloggers. For exam naijaloaded is running on a worpdress cms. While lindaikeji is running on a .

Op is trying to compare the two. As for me I prefer wordpress for I have used it to build more 100 websites for clients.

Thank you sir for the explanation
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by illiad1(m): 12:33pm On Apr 28, 2015
I use blogger. Though I do eye wordpress templates when I see some people's sites. But then again blogger gives you a little insight into codes.

And that makes blogger a better template. As you're not just there to consume but know something about the makings of what you're using.

Blogger it is!
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by Wicfasho(m): 12:51pm On Apr 28, 2015
1. Ownership Blogger is a blogging service provided by the
tech giant Google. It is free, reliable most of
the time, and quite enough to publish your stuff
on the web. However, it is not owned by you.
Google runs this service and has the right to
shut it down, or shutdown your access to it at any time. With WordPress, you use a WordPress hosting provider to host your own site. You are free to decide how long you want to run it and
when you want to shut it down. You own all
your data, and you control what information
you share with any third party. 2. Control Blogger is a fine tuned service with very limited
tools allowing you to perform only specific
tasks on your website. The things you can do
on your blog are limited, and there is
no way you can extend them to meet a need. WordPress is an open source software, so you can easily extend it to add new features.
There are thousands of WordPress plugins allowing you to modify and extend the default
feature set such as adding a store to your
website, creating portfolio, etc. When comparing WordPress vs Blogger for
business websites, then WordPress is hands
down the best long-term solution for any
serious business owner. 3. Appearance Blogger by default only provides a limited set
of templates to use. You can modify the colors
and layout of these templates using the built-in
tools, but you cannot create your own layouts
or make modifications. There are some non-
official Blogger templates available, but those templates are usually very low quality. There are thousands of free and premium WordPress themes which allow you to create professional looking websites. There is a
WordPress theme for just about every kind of
website. No matter what your site is about, you
will find plenty of high quality themes which are
easy to modify and customize. 4. Portability Moving your site from Blogger to a different platform is a complicated task. There is a
significant risk that you will loose your SEO
(search engine rankings(, subscribers, and
followers during the move. Even though
blogger allows you to export your content, your
data will stay on Google’s servers for a very long time. Using WordPress, you can move your site
anywhere you want. You can move your WordPress site to a new host, change domain name, or even move your site to other content management systems. Also if you compare WordPress vs Blogger
SEO, then WordPress offers way more SEO
advantages. 5. Security Using Blogger you have the added advantage
of Google’s robust secure platform. You don’t
need to worry about managing your server’s
resources, securing your blog, or creating
backups. WordPress is quite secure, but since it is a
self hosted solution you are responsible for
security and backups. There are plenty of WordPress plugins that make it easier for you. 6. Support There is limited support available for Blogger.
They have a very basic documentation and a
user’s forum. In terms of support, your
choices are very limited. WordPress has a very active community
support system. There is online
documentation, community forums, and IRC
chatrooms where you can get help from
experienced WordPress users and
developers. Apart from community support, there are many companies offering premium
support for WordPress. Check out our guide
on how to properly ask for WordPress support and get it. 7. Future Blogger has not seen any major update since
a very long time. We have seen Google kill
their popular services such as Google Reader,
Adsense for feeds, and the possible demise of FeedBurner. Future of Blogger depends on Google, and they have the right to shut it down
whenever they want. WordPress is an Open Source software which
means its future is not dependent on one
company or individual (Check out the history of WordPress). It is developed by a community of developers and users. Being
world’s most popular content management
system, thousands of businesses around the
globe depend on it. The future of WordPress is
bright and reassuring. We hope this WordPress vs Blogger
comparison helped you understand the pros
and cons of each to help you make the right
decision for your business.

4 Likes

Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by Edigrows: 12:55pm On Apr 28, 2015
seunwen2:
[size=32pt]but i never see any kobo from my blog[/size]
LoL, thats not possible, you're probably doing something wrong, or you're not doing something at all,...
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by Edigrows: 12:58pm On Apr 28, 2015
Blogger is very Great, but if you mean business, you have some good technical knowledge, and some cash to spend on Hosting and premium tools then WordPress is way to go.
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by Wicfasho(m): 1:05pm On Apr 28, 2015
mohammad11:
@OP, I awaits ur analysis concerning the topic you‘ve raised.
shut it down, or shutdown your access to it at any time. With WordPress, you use a WordPress hosting provider to host your own site. You are free to decide how long you want to run it and
you share with any third party. 2. Control Blogger is a fine tuned service with very limited
no way you can extend them to meet a need. WordPress is an open source software, so you can easily extend it to add new features.
There are thousands o

1 Like

Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by Wicfasho(m): 1:07pm On Apr 28, 2015
There are thousands of WordPress plugins allowing you to modify and extend the default
feature set such as adding a store to your
website, creating portfolio, etc. When comparing WordPress vs Blogger for
business websites, then WordPress is hands
down the best long-term solution for any
serious business owner. 3. Appearance Blogger by default only provides a limited set
of templates to use. You can modify the colors
and layout of these templates using the built-in
tools, but you cannot create your own layouts
or make modifications. There are some non-
official Blogger templates available, but those templates are usually very low quality. There are thousands of free and premium WordPress themes which allow you to create professional looking websites. There is a
WordPress theme for just about every kind of
website. No matter what your site is about, you
will find plenty of high quality themes which are
easy to modify and customize. 4. Portability Moving your site from Blogger to a different platform is a complicated task. There is a
significant risk that you will loose your SEO
(search engine rankings(, subscribers, and
followers during the move. Even though
blogger allows you to export your content, your
data will stay on Google’s servers for a very long time. Using WordPress, you can move your site
anywhere you want. You can move your WordPress site to a new host, change domain name, or even move your site to other content management systems. Also if you compare WordPress vs Blogger
SEO, then WordPress offers way more SEO
advantages. 5. Security Using Blogger you have the added advantage
of Google’s robust secure platform. You don’t
need to worry about managing your server’s
resources, securing your blog, or creating
backups. WordPress is quite secure, but since it is a
self hosted solution you are responsible for
security and backups. There are plenty of WordPress plugins that make it easier for you. 6. Support There is limited support available for Blogger.
They have a very basic documentation and a
user’s forum. In terms of support, your
choices are very limited. WordPress has a very active community
support system. There is online
documentation, community forums, and IRC
chatrooms where you can get help from
experienced WordPress users and
developers. Apart from community support, there are many companies offering premium
support for WordPress. Check out our guide
on how to properly ask for WordPress support and get it. 7. Future Blogger has not seen any major update since
a very long time. We have seen Google kill
their popular services such as Google Reader,
Adsense for feeds, and the possible demise of FeedBurner. Future of Blogger depends on Google, and they have the right to shut it down
whenever they want. WordPress is an Open Source software which
means its future is not dependent on one
company or individual (Check out the history of WordPress). It is developed by a community of developers and users. Being
world’s most popular content management
system, thousands of businesses around the
globe depend on it. The future of WordPress is
bright and reassuring. We hope this WordPress vs Blogger
comparison helped you understand the pros
and cons of each to help you make the right
decision for your business.
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by DExplorer1: 1:16pm On Apr 28, 2015
SirShymexx:
For novice, blogger is better - but its scope is limited.

But for IT heads, wordpress is far better. There are so many things you can do on wordpress that you won't dare try on blogger. And the interface is far better and more professional.
What do you mean for novice? Do you know how google index and SEO works? You'd hate your "IT head" if after years of your original contents you are no way near the first 5 pages of search engines.
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by ITbomb(m): 1:17pm On Apr 28, 2015
Blogger
If you want to start smart and without much expenses, go for blogger.
Within weeks of running on blogger, my blog got a first page search result hit.
To achieve same in WordPress would mean lot of expenses and SEOs.

Smart choice

Start with blogger
Build your followership and page views
Get a domain name and promote it
Always backup your blog, in case Mama Google misfire (export)
If you need to expand just open and host WordPress, export your blog content, redirect your domain
If you have strong followership, they would not notice

All these shouts about plug-ins is what scares me from visiting a WordPress blog, they slow down the blog and in some cases / browsers , the blog may not load at all.

Google will accept yourname..com for adsense but never yourname.

Don't Miss Everyday Tech News, Tweaks And Tips. . CLICK HERE

2 Likes

Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by MORNDEW(m): 1:44pm On Apr 28, 2015
I think the question should be which one will fetch u more money. I tried registering for adsense and was not accepted cos my blog has on it. Am thinking of moving to blogger cos ppl who use it have no probs getting adsense. I realy need advice on how to make money from blogging. Anyone here who can help me get the site self hosted at a cheap price or how i can improve it. The site is on my signature. I get lots of traffic on it daily. Contact me amadiprincewill1@gmail.com
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by drone99(m): 1:46pm On Apr 28, 2015
Wordpress!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? / Nigerian Hacking Team / What Is The Difference Between Web Design And Web Development?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.