Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? (11490 Views)

Wordpress Vs Blogger : Advantages They Both Have - Techhinfo / Wordpress Or Blogger; Which One Should I Choose? / Wordpress Vs Blogger; Which Is Better For Blogging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by ITbomb(m): 2:02pm On Apr 28, 2015
MORNDEW:
The site is on my signature. I get lots of traffic on it daily. Contact me
How much is lots of traffic per day?
I don't think it is just about taking out WordPress from your blog name
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by akinola107(m): 2:28pm On Apr 28, 2015
work more harder grin grin[
seunwen2:
[size=32pt]but i never see any kobo from my blog[/size]
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by Akinsnaira: 2:42pm On Apr 28, 2015
ITbomb:
Blogger
If you want to start smart and without much expenses, go for blogger.
Within weeks of running on blogger, my blog got a first page search result hit.
To achieve same in WordPress would mean lot of expenses and SEOs.

Smart choice

Start with blogger
Build your followership and page views
Get a domain name and promote it
Always backup your blog, in case Mama Google misfire (export)
If you need to expand just open and host WordPress, export your blog content, redirect your domain
If you have strong followership, they would not notice

All these shouts about plug-ins is what scares me from visiting a WordPress blog, they slow down the blog and in some cases / browsers , the blog may not load at all.

Google will accept yourname..com for adsense but never yourname.

You sound like a pro blogger user, please I need to customize my blogger's blog, do you know where I can find any customizable themes I can use.

Secondly, I applied for AdSense some weeks ago and got accepted almost immediately, but since then I have not checked my welcome message. I just checked it now and found two different codes in it, one is 10-digit AdSense ID and the other is 12-digit Billing ID, please which one of the two is the AdSense code that I must place in my blog HTLM code?
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by rabimlomo: 3:10pm On Apr 28, 2015
kennygee:
I won't click any in a post sha.

Even lindaikeji?
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by peteruuu(m): 3:16pm On Apr 28, 2015
Blogger
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by ITbomb(m): 3:45pm On Apr 28, 2015
Akinsnaira:

You sound like a pro blogger user, please I need to customize my blogger's blog, do you know where I can find any customizable themes I can use.

Secondly, I applied for AdSense some weeks ago and got accepted almost immediately, but since then I have not checked my welcome message. I just checked it now and found two different codes in it, one is 10-digit AdSense ID and the other is 12-digit Billing ID, please which one of the two is the AdSense code that I must place in my blog HTLM code?
No sir,
You mistake researcher for f**kin pro user. Lol

I was a government website admin, no much work there (and no need for adsense) , just keeping the links clean, then I was bored, decided to manage someone's blog but now going solo.

I have not yet done adsense. There are gurus up there that may help you.
For the customization, there is no clear cut point and click (drag and drop) "customizable" theme (at least none to give you your kind of customization) . You need to know the codes. I believe you already know the usual Template > Edit Html.
If not, you backup your blog, know where the revert button is located (lol) and tell me what you want to do, I will tell you which code to look for and modify or change
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by MORNDEW(m): 4:01pm On Apr 28, 2015
ITbomb:

How much is lots of traffic per day?
I don't think it is just about taking out WordPress from your blog name
thats the message i got while trying to get an adsense. Is there any help u can offer?
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by orbitame2011: 4:27pm On Apr 28, 2015
The purpose of listing your Blog Website on a Blog Directory is to increase traffics to your Blog Website.

Unveiling the Nigeria No.1 Blog Directory and Blogger Community.

www.allblogsdirectory.com

On allblogsdirectory,

You can list your Blog website on www.allblogsdirectory.com
Title of your BLOG
Your blog address or url
Blog description.
Upload Blog picture/image
Bloggers can review your Blog and you can review other people's Blog.
You can have your Blog shared on Facebook and Twitter
Allblogsdirectory has commenting and like button.

www.allblogsdirectory.com is absolutely free.
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 28, 2015
Wicfasho:
1. Ownership Blogger is a blogging service provided by the
tech giant Google. It is free, reliable most of
the time, and quite enough to publish your stuff
on the web. However, it is not owned by you.
Google runs this service and has the right to
shut it down, or shutdown your access to it at any time. With WordPress, you use a WordPress hosting provider to host your own site. You are free to decide how long you want to run it and
when you want to shut it down. You own all
your data, and you control what information
you share with any third party. 2. Control Blogger is a fine tuned service with very limited
tools allowing you to perform only specific
tasks on your website. The things you can do
on your blog are limited, and there is
no way you can extend them to meet a need. WordPress is an open source software, so you can easily extend it to add new features.
There are thousands of WordPress plugins allowing you to modify and extend the default
feature set such as adding a store to your
website, creating portfolio, etc. When comparing WordPress vs Blogger for
business websites, then WordPress is hands
down the best long-term solution for any
serious business owner. 3. Appearance Blogger by default only provides a limited set
of templates to use. You can modify the colors
and layout of these templates using the built-in
tools, but you cannot create your own layouts
or make modifications. There are some non-
official Blogger templates available, but those templates are usually very low quality. There are thousands of free and premium WordPress themes which allow you to create professional looking websites. There is a
WordPress theme for just about every kind of
website. No matter what your site is about, you
will find plenty of high quality themes which are
easy to modify and customize. 4. Portability Moving your site from Blogger to a different platform is a complicated task. There is a
significant risk that you will loose your SEO
(search engine rankings(, subscribers, and
followers during the move. Even though
blogger allows you to export your content, your
data will stay on Google’s servers for a very long time. Using WordPress, you can move your site
anywhere you want. You can move your WordPress site to a new host, change domain name, or even move your site to other content management systems. Also if you compare WordPress vs Blogger
SEO, then WordPress offers way more SEO
advantages. 5. Security Using Blogger you have the added advantage
of Google’s robust secure platform. You don’t
need to worry about managing your server’s
resources, securing your blog, or creating
backups. WordPress is quite secure, but since it is a
self hosted solution you are responsible for
security and backups. There are plenty of WordPress plugins that make it easier for you. 6. Support There is limited support available for Blogger.
They have a very basic documentation and a
user’s forum. In terms of support, your
choices are very limited. WordPress has a very active community
support system. There is online
documentation, community forums, and IRC
chatrooms where you can get help from
experienced WordPress users and
developers. Apart from community support, there are many companies offering premium
support for WordPress. Check out our guide
on how to properly ask for WordPress support and get it. 7. Future Blogger has not seen any major update since
a very long time. We have seen Google kill
their popular services such as Google Reader,
Adsense for feeds, and the possible demise of FeedBurner. Future of Blogger depends on Google, and they have the right to shut it down
whenever they want. WordPress is an Open Source software which
means its future is not dependent on one
company or individual (Check out the history of WordPress). It is developed by a community of developers and users. Being
world’s most popular content management
system, thousands of businesses around the
globe depend on it. The future of WordPress is
bright and reassuring. We hope this WordPress vs Blogger
comparison helped you understand the pros
and cons of each to help you make the right
decision for your business.
Very informative.
Please do you know how I can customise a blog to look like lindaikeji's blog?
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by Akinsnaira: 5:19pm On Apr 28, 2015
ITbomb:

No sir,
You mistake researcher for f**kin pro user. Lol

I was a government website admin, no much work there (and no need for adsense) , just keeping the links clean, then I was bored, decided to manage someone's blog but now going solo.

I have not yet done adsense. There are gurus up there that may help you.
For the customization, there is no clear cut point and click (drag and drop) "customizable" theme (at least none to give you your kind of customization) . You need to know the codes. I believe you already know the usual Template > Edit Html.
If not, you backup your blog, know where the revert button is located (lol) and tell me what you want to do, I will tell you which code to look for and modify or change

Ok thanks. So you mean all those good-looking blogs with customized features running on blogger didn't use any themes, like this one (www DOT lailasblog DOT com)
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by Captaincue(m): 6:24pm On Apr 28, 2015
I use blogger and I think its excellent
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by ITbomb(m): 6:51pm On Apr 28, 2015
Akinsnaira:

Ok thanks. So you mean all those good-looking blogs with customized features running on blogger didn't use any themes, like this one (www DOT lailasblog DOT com)
No I didn't say so, everyone uses themes and you can do basic customization with all of them but to make your theme look like lailas, you need more than just click and type. You will need to edit the Html codes
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by Adeyinka12(m): 10:54pm On Apr 28, 2015
Following......
Please gurus,recommend word press video tutorial(clear and easy to understand) on youtube for me
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by Akinsnaira: 11:06pm On Apr 28, 2015
ITbomb:

No I didn't say so, everyone uses themes and you can do basic customization with all of them but to make your theme look like lailas, you need more than just click and type. You will need to edit the Html codes

What I am even saying is, how do you get those themes for blogger. You know what we have on blogger are templates with little customizable features, is there anywhere I can get themes to import into blogger's blog which are not part of those default templates?
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by ewizard1: 11:07pm On Apr 28, 2015
I prefer Blogger. Very easy to use & customize.

I love importing and editing themes on Blogger to make it look like a Website.

My 3 Blog i created .. I dropped them a long time tho...

http://ewagbo.,com/
http://thedumbgeek.,com/
http://muviget.,com/

Watchout for the (,)
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by ITbomb(m): 11:27pm On Apr 28, 2015
Akinsnaira:

What I am even saying is, how do you get those themes for blogger. You know what we have on blogger are templates with little customizable features, is there anywhere I can get themes to import into blogger's blog which are not part of those default templates?
Ok, I get you
To avoid spambot here.
Just type in 60+ BEST FREE RESPONSIVE BLOGGER TEMPLATES 2015 on Google, then look for freshdesignweb.
You will get the best fast loading template to select from. Just dowwnload, open blogger and import the .xml file from your download folder. Then customized as you like

1 Like

Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by Akinsnaira: 12:10am On Apr 29, 2015
ITbomb:

Ok, I get you
To avoid spambot here.
Just type in 60+ BEST FREE RESPONSIVE BLOGGER TEMPLATES 2015 on Google, then look for freshdesignweb.
You will get the best fast loading template to select from. Just dowwnload, open blogger and import the .xml file from your download folder. Then customized as you like

OK thanks, will try it
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by Wicfasho(m): 10:18am On Apr 29, 2015
Akinsnaira:

None of them is the code. As for blogger template, i can design a template for you. contact me on 08182365675
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by Wicfasho(m): 10:26am On Apr 29, 2015
eesy:

Very informative.
Please do you know how I can customise a blog to look like lindaikeji's blog?
Linda ikeji is using one of themes called "Awesome" which is available for all blogger users. You can find it when you click on template. But i'll advice you to use a custom template instead of google template. Thier templates doesn't look professional.

1 Like

Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by Akinsnaira: 10:53am On Apr 29, 2015
Wicfasho:
None of them is the code. As for blogger template, i can design a template for you. contact me on 08182365675

Ok, how many digits is the AdSense code coz I got another code too?. But why would google send me welcome message without the AdSense code, they have even given me access to my AdSense Account Earning History, almost everything seems to be concluded after accepting their operating terms and conditions agreement. What could possibly be delaying my AdSense code?
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by Wicfasho(m): 12:41pm On Apr 29, 2015
Akinsnaira:

Ok, how many digits is the AdSense code coz I got another code too?. But why would google send me welcome message without the AdSense code, they have even given me access to my AdSense Account Earning History, almost everything seems to be concluded after accepting their operating terms and conditions agreement. What could possibly be delaying my AdSense code?
Were you given a login link?
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by Akinsnaira: 12:46pm On Apr 29, 2015
Wicfasho:

Yes, that is what is bordering me coz I can log in to my AdSense Account and view all my details
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 29, 2015
Wicfasho:
Linda ikeji is using one of themes called "Awesome" which is available for all blogger users. You can find it when you click on template. But i'll advice you to use a custom template instead of google template. Thier templates doesn't look professional.
Thanks a lot.
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by Akinsnaira: 12:48pm On Apr 29, 2015
Akinsnaira:

Yes, that is what is bordering me coz I can log in to my AdSense Account and view all my details

Another thing is that, if I enable AdSense on my blog it will show but I won't see the content of the Ads
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by Akinsnaira: 12:51pm On Apr 29, 2015
Wicfasho:

Another thing is that, if I enable AdSense on my blog it will show but I won't see the content of the Ads
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by Wicfasho(m): 12:55pm On Apr 29, 2015
Akinsnaira:

That should be from google. Wait for about a week and check the content again. If the problem still persit, i'm sorry if have to register a new account. Maybe your registration wasn't placed well.
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by Akinsnaira: 1:19pm On Apr 29, 2015
Wicfasho:
That should be from google. Wait for about a week and check the content again. If the problem still persit, i'm sorry if have to register a new account. Maybe your registration wasn't placed well.

But what about the AdSense code, coz I have not placed any code on blog yet
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by cheavroi(m): 2:10pm On Apr 29, 2015
Wordpress. Here is are some reasons wordpress is much http://vtnssolutions.com/blog/setup-wordpress-blog/
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by Wicfasho(m): 2:21pm On Apr 29, 2015
Akinsnaira:

But what about the AdSense code, coz I have not placed any code on blog yet
you can get that in your dashboard field.
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by Akinsnaira: 2:49pm On Apr 29, 2015
Wicfasho:
you can get that in your dashboard field.

Please if my question is not too much, how does the code look like, how many digits? So as to have a clue. Last time I checked the dashboard I couldn't remember seeing any code
Re: Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? by Wicfasho(m): 3:17pm On Apr 29, 2015
Akinsnaira:

Please if my question is not too much, how does the code look like, how many digits? So as to have a clue. Last time I checked the dashboard I couldn't remember seeing any code
The code is a html code.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? / Nigerian Hacking Team / What Is The Difference Between Web Design And Web Development?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.