Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

7 Signs You're Being Too Emotional For Your Husband - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 7 Signs You're Being Too Emotional For Your Husband (1483 Views)

Do You Know What Your Husband Does For A Living? / Signs That Your Husband Does Not Like You / Ladies! 7 Reasons Why You Should Sleep More Often With Your Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Signs You're Being Too Emotional For Your Husband by easymanofdpeopl(m): 12:56pm On Apr 28, 2015
The truth hurts, but it's a truth you must face if you care about your relationship

By nature, most women are more emotional than men. That's not a bad thing when those emotions lead to empathy and caring. But let's talk about those "over-the-top" emotional responses to what life dishes out. How you deal with life's events has everything to do with how happy your marriage is.

Here are a few signs that you're being a little too emotional for your hubby to handle.

1. He stops telling you the truth

Some women can't handle the truth. They fall apart. As a result, their husbands end up hiding the truth to avoid the tirade of emotions poured out upon them. A man can handle just so much of that, and then, like a trip to the dentist, he'll avoid it — even if it means lying to his wife.

2. He isn't as romantic as he used to be

Too much negative emotion from you will diminish your husband's romantic feelings. It's hard to feel tender, loving thoughts of intimacy with a person who is emotionally volatile. If this side of your relationship is suffering, look to what your emotional outbursts (or "silent treatments" — another form of emotional response) are doing to discourage your husband from being more loving and vulnerable.

Counselor, Shannon Ethridge, , "Women share part of the blame when their husbands pull away from them emotionally. Sometimes, it is the women's attitudes or behaviors that have caused the men to become frigid. It is not that love has died between them; it is just that the husband has shut down emotionally because of how his wife treats him."

3. He zones out when you talk

It's as if he has turned off his hearing aids and his mind is far away from anything you are saying. He doesn't hear you. He doesn't want to hear you. He's
tired of hearing you because you so often erupt into emotional overdose. Guys can do that. They just "turn you off" after awhile It's their survival mode. If you want hubby to hear you, tone it down a little, and be rational.

4. He avoids talking to you about things that upset you

This is different from lying to you. This is your husband's decision to keep things to himself rather than talk to you about them. That way, he doesn't have to lie to you. He doesn't want to upset you, so he keeps quiet. But life comes with challenges, and both you and hubby must be able to talk about and effectively deal with whatever happens. You both need that kind of emotional maturity from each other.

5. He stays away from home longer
No man wants to come home to a barrage of emotional outbursts — crying, sulking, making demands ... That's too great a burden to bear. He'll find somewhere else to go where he doesn't have to endure it. Staying late at work becomes more appealing. The local bar becomes a place to drown out miseries — only to cause more later. Don't let your emotional reactions drive your man to unhealthy outlets.

6. He loses his temper

Sometimes, a guy's automatic response to an out-of-control wife is to holler at her. He simply doesn't know how to deal with her and resorts to yelling at her to stop. He may blast her with a volley of insults that have been building up inside him. If this happens, calm down . It will do wonders to help your husband be calm. While you aren't responsible for his temper, you should evaluate your part in it.

7. He seeks companionship with someone else

It may be his buddies. Hanging out with them is much less stressful than hanging out with a sobbing, complaining wife. A little time with buddies can be a good thing, but when this becomes hubby's escape, that's evidence he's not wanting to be where his wife's emotions are in full swing. Worst of all, don't nudge your husband into the arms of a calm, understanding "other woman." You be the understanding woman in his life.

Takeaway tip

. In essence, take care of yourself by eating properly. Get enough sleep. Take breaks now and then — even just a walk in the sunshine can help keep your emotions in check. Make the effort, and not only will your man love you for it but your life will be much happier.

familyshare.com/marriage/7-signs-youre-being-too-emotional-for-your-husband?Wendy
Re: 7 Signs You're Being Too Emotional For Your Husband by delishpot: 12:58pm On Apr 28, 2015
Another "women must take all the blame for a mans action" topic

6 Likes

Re: 7 Signs You're Being Too Emotional For Your Husband by easymanofdpeopl(m): 1:15pm On Apr 28, 2015
delishpot:
Another "women must take all the blame for a mans action" topic

no b me said that ooo
Re: 7 Signs You're Being Too Emotional For Your Husband by wwwbabe(f): 1:34pm On Apr 28, 2015
Women don suffer b that. we do have both emotional men and women.
what d person needs is more of a matured partner dat willdeal with d babies in immature partners
Re: 7 Signs You're Being Too Emotional For Your Husband by delishpot: 2:17pm On Apr 28, 2015
easymanofdpeopl:

no b me said that ooo
smiley I noticed am o
Re: 7 Signs You're Being Too Emotional For Your Husband by KanwuliaJara: 7:37pm On Apr 28, 2015
Soooooooooooooooo, what next?
Fast forward please! kiss
When is he moving out? wink

2 Likes

Re: 7 Signs You're Being Too Emotional For Your Husband by mystiqueDZ(f): 7:49pm On Apr 28, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
Soooooooooooooooo, what next?
Fast forward please! kiss
When is he moving out? wink
moving out ke..... grin grin meanie
Re: 7 Signs You're Being Too Emotional For Your Husband by KanwuliaJara: 7:54pm On Apr 28, 2015
mystiqueDZ:
moving out ke..... grin grin meanie

After all the shakara. . . I expect him to VAMOOOOOOOOOSE! kiss
Na wetin im dey wait for na? grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Signs You're Being Too Emotional For Your Husband by mystiqueDZ(f): 7:58pm On Apr 28, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

After all the shakara. . . I expect him to VAMOOOOOOOOOSE! kiss
Na wetin im dey wait for na? grin
eat,sleep,sex.....

1 Like

Re: 7 Signs You're Being Too Emotional For Your Husband by easymanofdpeopl(m): 10:20pm On Apr 28, 2015
mystiqueDZ:
eat,sleep,sex.....
u said that?
Re: 7 Signs You're Being Too Emotional For Your Husband by nmynae(f): 9:07am On Apr 29, 2015
Men are logical and understand that woman are emotional beings. Truth is, overtime, they find an overly emotional woman irritating and as much as he loves her, he wants to be as far away from her as possible. So he stops being emotionally available and then she starts complaining:"he doesn't love me anymore", "he's distant", "he doesn't listen"...

Every man wants an emotionally stable woman and yeah, there are women that can handle it.

Be his "fragile" little girl but "man up" when you need to and then he can call you his best friend because he knows you can handle it when the sh*t hits the fan.

....I don't know if I make sense sha
Re: 7 Signs You're Being Too Emotional For Your Husband by easymanofdpeopl(m): 2:39pm On Apr 29, 2015
nmynae:
Men are logical and understand that woman are emotional beings. Truth is, overtime, they find an overly emotional woman irritating and as much as he loves her, he wants to be as far away from her as possible. So he stops being emotionally available and then she starts complaining:"he doesn't love me anymore", "he's distant", "he doesn't listen"...

Every man wants an emotionally stable woman and yeah, there are women that can handle it.

Be his "fragile" little girl but "man up" when you need to and then he can call you his best friend because he knows you can handle it when the sh*t hits the fan.

....I don't know if I make sense sha

100% right
Re: 7 Signs You're Being Too Emotional For Your Husband by remsonik(f): 7:30am On Apr 30, 2015
So if a man exhibits all this qualities above cos he's woman is emotional then it's the woman's fault
Well I don't know but a man who will do all the above is either not serious, or responsible.
Your wife is being emotional yet you withdraw from her without even making any effort to snap her out of it.
Hmmmm that's why infidelity is rife in the society.

(1) (Reply)

It's Rare To Have A Chill African Dad. / How Can I Stop My 5 Years Old Daughter From Bed Weting. / Marrying An Ada Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.