Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,433 members, 7,812,290 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

Gbajabiamila Writes 360 Reps Over Speakership - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbajabiamila Writes 360 Reps Over Speakership (459 Views)

Nationwide Commotion As 109 Senators, 360 Reps Members, Secretly Plot Buhari’s I / Commotion At House Of Reps Over Kachikwu / Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbajabiamila Writes 360 Reps Over Speakership by baye2023(m): 5:59pm On Apr 28, 2015
April 28, 2015
Dear Incoming Honorable Member:
LETTER OF INTENT

Congratulations and welcome to the 8th National Assembly! I humbly put myself forward as your candidate for the Speaker of the 8th House of Representatives. I have been in the House for 12 years now, and 8 of those years as the Minority Leader, doing my best with the support of other members of theHouse to build a vibrant and accountable legislature and legislative process, sometimes atthe risk of life.

Having worked with 4 Speakers and as I prepare for my fourth term, I will be one of the few members with the longest service in the House. I encourageyou to see me as a steadying hand, a custodian of institutional history and a strong bridge builder between the House and the Executive.

As we usher in a new era in Nigerian politics, [an era of accountable governance], it is myhope that with my vast experience in the House you will consider me worthy to serve as your Speaker. I have always put the interest of Nigeria in the forefront, leading the fight in theHouse against the 2007 3rd termagenda and filed several law suitschallenging e.g. the Executive on appropriation without the approval of the National Assembly and most recently, the unconstitutional deployment of the Nigerian military during elections.

My pedigree, as a lawyer in two jurisdictions and over 30 years inlegal practice, as well as my extensive network will be put to good use in ensuring we can keep our place in the hearts of Nigerians as the ‘People’s House’.My focus would be a conscious rebranding of the House as the symbol of our democracy.

As Speaker, I promise that I, withyou as colleagues and partners, will maintain and strengthen the trust between the people and the House. Just as I have always tried to reflect the wishes and aspirations of my constituents, I intend to work tirelessly to ensure a House where your wellbeing will be priority and where your capacity to meet the aspirations of all your constituents will be strengthened.

As my brothers and sisters, I cannot do this without your full support and hope that you will put aside all sentiments, examine my track record, my length of service in the House and rest on the understanding that your interest and our nation’s interest will be my focus.God bless you.

Sincerely,
Femi Gbajabiamila
Re: Gbajabiamila Writes 360 Reps Over Speakership by baye2023(m): 6:02pm On Apr 28, 2015
maclatunji,Afam4eva,OAM4J,Ikenna351...delete this it appears twice
Re: Gbajabiamila Writes 360 Reps Over Speakership by obailala(m): 6:09pm On Apr 28, 2015
I am 101% in support of the candidacy of Mila as the Speaker. Nigeria needs to for once just drop the whole zoning nonsense and support intelligent and upright people into leadership positions.

This man has been the House of Reps minority leader for a long time and has been doing a really good job at it. It would be unfortunate if the long time minority leader's party finally becomes the majority, and then the minority leader is pushed aside for the sake of zoning.

He should consider lobbying the PDP reps

(1) (Reply)

More Soldiers Arrive For Sambisa Forest Invasion / How Police Corporal Killed Inspector, Girl-friend, Self Over Love / 2015: As Buhari’s Victory Covers INEC Flaws…

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.