Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,387 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position (20219 Views)

Akwa-Ibom Lawyers Drag Buhari To Court Over NDDC Appointment / Saraki's Cct Trial: Finally Group Of Lawyers Drag Fg To Court, Tackles The Agf / Jibrin, Dogara, Gbajabiamila, Others In Race For Speakership Position (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by wise7(m): 6:03am On Jun 05, 2015
Lawyers have dragged the House of Representatives minority leader, Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila before a Federal High Court in Abuja seeking his disqualification from holding any public office in Nigeria.

In an originating summon filed before the Court yesterday by Registered Trustees of Social Justice and Civil Rights Awareness Initiative, the lawyers are seeking for an order of the court declaring Gbajabiamila not fit to be elected member of the House of Representives.

In an affidavit in support of the originating summons, the lawyers reported to the court that Gbajabiamila was convicted in the United States in the state of Georgia for unethical practices and was debarred for 36 months on 26 February, 2007 by the Supreme Court of Georgia.

They also reported that Gbajabiamila was convicted of theft of his client’s funds in the year 2007, which contravene section 66 of the constitution.

Gbajabiamila (Lagos/APC) is a frontline candidate for the speakership position in the House for the 8th National Assembly.

The suit was filed by Chukwuma Nwachukwu Esq and Osita K. Nwaikpo Esq of Law Bond Solicitors, Abuja.

The lawyers are seeking, “An order of injunction restraining the House of Representatives and the Attorney General of the Federation from accepting nomination of the first defendant (Gbajabiamila) for Office of Speaker of the House.
Source :http://leadership.ng/news/438570/speakership-lawyers-ask-court-to-disqualify-gbajabiamila-over-dual-citizenship

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by drtwist(m): 6:04am On Jun 05, 2015
imagine pot calling kettle black. So this guy is a past criminal and APC is still parading him as their saint. From now on so many Secret of these Lie and propaganda company will be unfolding. Dangora/ leo Ogor for speaker ticket.

Lol

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by bnovative(m): 6:12am On Jun 05, 2015
No no no! His sins were forgiven the moment he joined apc; he's now a progressive QED. sai something!

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by Nobody: 6:18am On Jun 05, 2015
This one na original one chance.An ex-convict aspiring to become speaker of the HOR. God forbid bad thing

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by fashoo2010(m): 6:19am On Jun 05, 2015
Na wa oo ....well not surprise, dats Nigeria politics for u, they will dig out ur bad past to bring u down... I'm very sure dis allegation will not even affect his chances of becoming d speaker...

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by Akosbaba(m): 6:24am On Jun 05, 2015
Bad belle

3 Likes

Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by seunmsg(m): 6:26am On Jun 05, 2015

The suit was filed by Chukwuma Nwachukwu Esq and Osita K. Nwaikpo Esq of Law Bond Solicitors, Abuja.

The people behind the suit says it all. If jealousy and hatred doesn't kill some people, nothing else will.

92 Likes

Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 6:29am On Jun 05, 2015
Yes, I am a south westerner.
Yes, I am an APC supporter.
Yes, I have had personal encounters with Hon. Gbajabiamila.
But hell no, I do not support his Speaker ambition.
That man is obnoxiously arrogant and proud. Same can be said about Sen. Saraki.
I can bet that if these two men clinch the HoR Speaker and Senate President positions respectively, no common man will gain access to them, no matter how much they try. From experience, these men think all you want from them is money and they'll treat you like a dog after throwing a little sum at you. Except you are politically relevant to them of course.

That does not mean that the lawyers dragging Gbajabiamila to court have any sense in their head. They are as daft and clueless as......lipsrsealed

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by hadura29(m): 6:38am On Jun 05, 2015
The thunder wey go fire these lawyer still dey collect instruction. What were they doing these years while he was in the house... Now they want to tell me nonsense.

In D'banj voice "don't tell me nonsense"

5 Likes

Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by chesterlee(m): 7:09am On Jun 05, 2015
Sophisticated Thief!!!!

Oh...he's with APC ...He's now a 'Saint'

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by Trailblazer1(m): 7:12am On Jun 05, 2015
It has become a norm in Nigeria for us to praise criminals because they come from our tribe.
So I won't be disappointed to hear his kinsmen call him a hero undecided

If Buruji Kashamu could win an election with a landslide what more can I say undecided

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by Trailblazer1(m): 7:16am On Jun 05, 2015
hadura29:
The thunder wey go fire these lawyer still dey collect instruction. What were they doing these years while he was in the house... Now they want to tell me nonsense.

you should read this and see who deserves to be fired by thunder undecided
Rumpelstiltskin:
Yes, I am a south westerner.
Yes, I am an APC supporter.
Yes, I have had personal encounters with Hon. Gbajabiamila.
But hell no, I do not support his Speaker ambition.
That man is obnoxiously arrogant and proud. Same can be said about Sen. Saraki.
I can bet that if these two men clinch the HoR Speaker and Senate President positions respectively, no common man will gain access to them, no matter how much they try. From experience, these men think all you want from them is money and they'll treat you like a dog after throwing a little sum at you. Except you are politically relevant to them of course.
That does not mean that the lawyers dragging Gbajabiamila to court have any sense in their head. They are as daft and clueless as......lipsrsealed

12 Likes

Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by Nobody: 7:20am On Jun 05, 2015
This saint is a theif like Kashanmu, the bubble has burst and now he is going down

Cc mogidi, firefire, barcanista, serveusnape

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by hadura29(m): 7:22am On Jun 05, 2015
Trailblazer1:
you should read this and see who deserves to be fired by thunder undecided

His personal opinion and not mine... What if I met them myself and they are entirely different from what he painted them as?

The lawyers are my concern, why wait till now?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by Nobody: 7:24am On Jun 05, 2015
In an affidavit in support of the originating summons, the lawyers reported to the court that Gbajabiamila was convicted in the United States in the state of Georgia for unethical practices and was debarred for 36 months on 26 February, 2007 by the Supreme Court of Georgia.
I am not interested on who emerges Speaker. My own is that if the allegations are true, Hon Gbajabiamila should resign his House membership but IF false, he should be allowed.

Let the judge decide..

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by NDPVF(m): 7:38am On Jun 05, 2015
[s]
fashoo2010:
Na wa oo ....well not surprise, dats Nigeria politics for u, they will dig out ur bad past to bring u down... I'm very sure dis allegation will not even affect his chances of becoming d speaker...
[/s]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by NDPVF(m): 7:39am On Jun 05, 2015
[s]
Akosbaba:
Bad belle
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by NDPVF(m): 7:43am On Jun 05, 2015
[s]
seunmsg:

The people behind the suit says it all. If jealousy and hatred doesn't kill some people, nothing else will.
[/s]This is how ediots reasons.A criminal wont mount as speaker of honourable house.

20 Likes

Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by NDPVF(m): 7:44am On Jun 05, 2015
[s]
ospigw:
I tought this case wa settled long ago?
[/s]stop "thoughting".

7 Likes

Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by NDPVF(m): 7:48am On Jun 05, 2015
[s]
hadura29:

[/s]you ain't making any sense as yet.

5 Likes

Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by Dannyset(m): 7:50am On Jun 05, 2015
Nigeria Politics is definitely gon break records. Contest for a political office in Nigeria and u would see ur secret that u yoursef didn't know exist coming into limelight.
Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by NDPVF(m): 7:51am On Jun 05, 2015
[s]
hadura29:

His personal opinion and not mine... What if I met them myself and they are entirely different from what he painted them as?

The lawyers are my concern, why wait till now?
[/s]That doesnt make them less criminals.

5 Likes

Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by mandarin: 7:57am On Jun 05, 2015
I think this will go the way of Buhari certificate issue. The issue will drag till this man would almost finish his tenure.There will be need for copies of the judgment served on him to be retrieved from the States.I think lawyers have now made themselves tools in the hands of politicians and this one, I guess won't fly.
Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by seunmsg(m): 8:11am On Jun 05, 2015
NDPVF:
[s][/s]This is how ediots reasons.A criminal wont mount as speaker of honourable house.

This is how jealous and hate filled people reason. For your information, Gbajabiamila will be elected speaker on Tuesday next week and theirs nothing you and your jealous brothers mentioned in my initial post can do.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 05, 2015
wise7:
Lawyers have dragged the House of Representatives minority leader, Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila before a Federal High Court in Abuja seeking his disqualification from holding any public office in Nigeria.

In an originating summon filed before the Court yesterday by Registered Trustees of Social Justice and Civil Rights Awareness Initiative, the lawyers are seeking for an order of the court declaring Gbajabiamila not fit to be elected member of the House of Representives.

They also reported that Gbajabiamila was convicted of theft of his client’s funds in the year 2007, which contravene section 66 of the constitution.

Gbajabiamila (Lagos/APC) is a frontline candidate for the speakership position in the House for the 8th National Assembly.

The lawyers are seeking, “An order of injunction restraining the House of Representatives and the Attorney General of the Federation from accepting nomination of the first defendant (Gbajabiamila) for Office of Speaker of the House.
post a source to this story
Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by hadura29(m): 8:15am On Jun 05, 2015
NDPVF:
[s][/s]you ain't making any sense as yet.

If that's what you feel, good for you...
Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by NDPVF(m): 8:17am On Jun 05, 2015
[s]
seunmsg:

This is how jealous and hate filled people reason. For your information, Gbajabiamila will be elected speaker on Tuesday next week and theirs nothing you and your jealous brothers mentioned in my initial post can do.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by Nobody: 8:20am On Jun 05, 2015
seunmsg:

Nah Igbos convict and disbar am as well abi?

Or nah Igbos make am steal his client money

12 Likes

Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by Firefire(m): 8:24am On Jun 05, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
This saint is a theif like Kashanmu, the bubble has burst and now he is going down

Cc mogidi, firefire, barcanista, serveusnape

My sister it goes beyond the allegation. The hand behind all this revelation and accusation is Bola Tinubu all in attempt to remove Gbajabiamila from the race.

Every single element in APC have a rotten past which stinks to the high heavens. (And they are claiming Progressive)

The war against Sen. Bukola Saraki and Hon. Gbajabiamila is to have a puppet Tinubu can control at will, moreover when the other human being belongs to everyone and to nobody.

Nigeria is sick and needs divine intervention.

embarassed undecided

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Welcoming President Buhari At The Airport - (video) / Senate Makes A U-turn, Lifts Embargo On Buhari’s Appointments / Soldiers Shut Down Daily Trust Office In Borno, Arrest Journalists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.