Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,147 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? (6858 Views)

Bad Effects Of Gambling and why its a sin / Can God Resurrect A Beheaded Person? / Can God Create A Mountain That God Can't Move? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? by jcross19: 4:53pm On May 03, 2015
JMAN05:

So God can bless u through robbery and looting? The motive for gambling is largely to make money by luck. money of an unlucky fellow. money u didn't work for.

God does not operate today like He did in the OT, when He viewed the Jews as His special people.
so God is changing ? Have heard a story about atheist who did not believe in God but his family was in deep debt I mean in a real poo but one day this atheist just made a comment like this : "God I don't believe you exist but if you really exist help my Mother to win a jackpot of 1million dollars" that day his mother won exactly $1m . That was how the man became a christian , then what's that?.
Re: Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? by Sirniyeh(m): 5:49pm On May 03, 2015
If you pray to God, it is gamble.
If you apply for job, it is gamble.
If you propose to a lady, it is gamble.
If you sit for an exam, it is gamble.
If you contest an election, it is a gamble.
If you pay tithe, it is a gamble.
If you play lotto, it is gamble.

Life is all about try your luck

The word GAMBLING means expecting certainty for uncertainty.

It also means an investment that it's return is not guarantee

Sitting for exam, it is not sure you will pass
Toasting a girl, no sure if she will agree.
Re: Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? by lastmessenger: 5:55pm On May 03, 2015
I hate gambling. Only lazy and greedy people gamble. Go to a pool office and the categories of people that you will meet there will convise you that gambling is evil.
Re: Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? by Nobody: 11:14pm On May 03, 2015
jcross19:
so God is changing ? Have heard a story about atheist who did not believe in God but his family was in deep debt I mean in a real poo but one day this atheist just made a comment like this : "God I don't believe you exist but if you really exist help my Mother to win a jackpot of 1million dollars" that day his mother won exactly $1m . That was how the man became a christian , then what's that?.

so u mean ur god can bless u thru robbery and looting?

note: it is not all that people attribute to God that He REALLY does. compare judges 17:4,5,12,13.
Re: Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? by Nobody: 11:28pm On May 03, 2015
daben1:
''God does not operate this day like he did in the OT''? Hey bro!! God is the same yesterday, today and forever, He doesn't change neither does His ways!!!

it is true that God's purpose does not change, but he evidently changes in His dealings with humans

True christians no longer live as people of "OT" times lived. God do not support fight between persons or even wars (2tim 2:24). Remember what Jesus told Peter - all those who take up sword will perish by it. But, was that the way God dwelt with the Jews prior to Jesus coming?

Formication in the last "old testament" times attracted killing by stoning,but is it what is obtainable today? Christian only excommunicates. 1cor. 5:11

God do change in his dealings with His servants.
Re: Can God Bless Someone Financially Through Gambling? by kellywet20: 8:27am On Oct 24, 2022
If I was so lucky to win a million after the words of conversion to God, I would continue to disbelieve in him and ask to constantly prove that he exists (if it always happened as it happened). On the other hand, math is amazing, and if you calculate the probability of luck, it happens once in a lifetime because statistically a person is mortal and cannot live a few thousand years to try fate again

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Know The Bishop Of The Whole World? / Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda / Giving Hands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.