Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,121 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:23 AM

Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi (22577 Views)

Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials / Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram / Protesters Storm Buharis Office Demand Death Penalty On Corrupt Politicians. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by TeamSimple(m): 6:34am On Apr 29, 2015
Yea what we realy need is refund of our stolen wealth. Let them be free,so their eyes could see how things should be done when in power. I support the move.
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by amsoslim(m): 6:38am On Apr 29, 2015
Is smell FP
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by buoye1(m): 6:47am On Apr 29, 2015
Taeewo:
GEJ HIS HERO,FAYOSE HIS ROLE MODEL..
GMB HIS MY HERO,FASHOLA MY ROLE MODEL
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by Gbawe: 6:52am On Apr 29, 2015
IdiAmin1:
Mr. Lecturer, so na only Gej and Diezani stole "returnable" money abi. Saints Tinubu, Amaechi, and Atikus' loots drowned in the Lagoon? We know where the "forgiveness" is coming from and the purpose for such so can I sleep now please undecided

My friend you may dislike the incoming government vehemently but at least try to show some basic objectivity in the criticism you make. An incoming government, first and foremost, is directly duty-bound to look at the activities of the government it is replacing. A probe works like an unspoken statute of limitation in that there must be evidence of wrongdoing that can still be used to prosecute an offender. In most cases directly related to politics, this will only be applicable to immediate outgoing public officials who will find it impossible to cover their wrongdoing because of 'fresh' paper trails and other evidence.

If you want to be mentioning the likes of Atiku then why not throw in Abacha, IBB et al so that Buhari, instead of leading Nigeria and looking for solutions to her many problems, becomes a full-time investigator and prosecutors? Please remove sentiments from your outlook and you will see clearly. What you suggest is not done anywhere in the world. All Nigerians have there 'baddies' they want prosecuted. Some will even nominate Gowon to be probed but is that really possible, necessary or productive?

A statute of limitation is a law which forbids prosecutors from charging someone with a crime that was committed more than a specified number of years ago. The general purpose of statutes of limitation is to make sure convictions occur only upon evidence (physical or eyewitness) that has not deteriorated with time.

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by Gbawe: 7:12am On Apr 29, 2015
Vikkie14:
The Fight against Corruption by Buhari is getting really OVERBLOWN. This is highly dangerous and self grave digging if after two years in service people see no change. Nigerians are expecting alot of 'deliveries' from Buhari led government coz a lot had been made by APC and Buhari concerning Corruption.
The problem of Buhari fighting corruption would amount to stepping on some toes and biting the fingers that fed him. We wish him Good Luck in his Fight against Corruption as he takes over the mantle of leadership on May 29th.
God Bless Nigeria

You guys are getting Buhari's pledge to fight corruption totally wrong. Buhari has always made it clear his government would draw a line in the sand after May 29th which no one , whoever they may be, should cross after that date. Buhari never said he would arrest and jail every Politician in Nigeria because that is simply not feasible or even sensible for a government that wants to deliver tangible progress for Nigeria ASAP. Buhari made it clear he will fight corruption, after being sworn in, by using policies and initiative that will make it difficult for corruption to thrive. Alongside this is the strict adherence to the rule of law which will mean any one guilty of corrupt act, after the May 29th 'moratorium' on corruption, will be prosecuted and punished unlike what obtained before under the PDP.

So clearly, if we are not being sentimental, it is obvious Buhari's fight against corruption has never been promoted to be about Buhari jailing every politician. Buhari never said he would go after IBB, Atiku et al merely because some Nigerians hate those names and brand them corrupt. Buhari is not here to jail everyone's 'bad guy'. The essence of Buhari's fight against corruption is that the immediate outgoing Government will be probed, because money and asset useful to Nigeria must be recovered from them, while a new way of doing things will ensure corruption no longer thrives and that the 'business as usual' environment of impunity is destroyed. Holding this together will be robust prosecution and punishment for offenders who failed to reform and heed the warning that it is no longer business as usual under Muhammadu Buhari. The goal is to make it clear, in relation to corruption, that public officials must conform to the new way of doing things or face the consequences.

He, however, said Buhari’s promise to extend hands of friendship across the political divide in his acceptance speech shortly after winning the poll, does not mean that he would not prosecute corrupt government officials who served in the President Goodluck Jonathan administration.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 29, 2015
IdiAmin1:
Mr. Lecturer, so na only Gej and Diezani stole "returnable" money abi. Saints Tinubu, Amaechi, and Atikus' loots drowned in the Lagoon? We know where the "forgiveness" is coming from and the purpose for such so can I sleep now please undecided
sir shocked
IdiAmin1:
sir ,,i ve been ho undecided
IdiAmin1:
sir shocked
IdiAmin1:
sir ,,i ve been hoping to have a chat with you since the time you promised to help
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by sweetgala(m): 7:25am On Apr 29, 2015
PassingShot:

So, people like you would prefer we carry on as we have done in the past which is what brought us to our knees!

Have you read about how some of the performing nations such as China, Japan, Korea and even Indonesia managed to pull out of corruption which was their main stumbling block just as is with us now? It took a leader with the political will to step on toes and say enough is enough.

We cannot continue to gloss over our problems without tackling it headlong. Let Buhari fight for us to reduce corruption even if it is by 50% of what it is now.

If he can recover just about half of the stolen funds, Nigerians will be amazed to see what the money can achieve for us.

Lastly, who says that while the war against corruption is going on other businesses of the cannot be continued? Please let us unite to encourage the General to help retrieve some of the loots from the wicked unpatriotic thieves.

In China that leader also happened to be an old man , as in south Korea

Jiang Zemin was 67 when he was elected to leadership

Zhao Ziyang was not any younger, the fact remains that older people have worked hard and gained life experiences to lead effectively, the youth have the energy to efgevtvthe policies.

China almost never elect a leader below 56 years old

2 Likes

Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by Caseless: 7:28am On Apr 29, 2015
Firefire:
welcome development...
firefire, where is the hankerchief you promised me?

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by Kangol99(m): 7:41am On Apr 29, 2015
Remember Nigeria voted #Change, so anything can #Change.
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by sayfullaah11: 7:43am On Apr 29, 2015
Hun....All originating frm London school of thought!!!
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by sayfullaah11: 7:44am On Apr 29, 2015
[color=#000099][/color] undecidedHun....All originating frm London school of thought!!! cryHun....All originating frm London school of thought!!!
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by maxtron2014: 7:49am On Apr 29, 2015
Introducing to you Online Multilevel marketing like you have never seen.

"4 Corners Alliance Group" is its name.

One time cost of $18.

No monthly PCV

Purely Online

Its in over 100 countries but relatively new in Nigeria.

Take advantage of it ----NOW-----

In Summary: "4 Corners is $18 ONE TIME INVESTMENT THAT CAN MAKE YOU $500,000 EARNINGS.

NO MONTHLY FEE.. NO SELLING!

There are a total of 6 levels, the following list of benefits:

Level 1 - $ 4 per purchase affiliate product level 1, 4 positions of member = $ 16 total commissions

Level 2 - $ 4 per purchase affiliate products Level 2, 16 positions of member = $ 64 total commission

Level 3 - $ 10 per purchase affiliate products Level 3 positions 64 members = $ 640 total commissions

Level 4 - $ 24 per purchase affiliate products Level 4, 256 posts = $ 6114 total commissions

Level 5 - $ 60 per purchase affiliate products Level 5 1,024 = $ 61,440 total commissions

Level 6 - $ 120 per affiliate product level purchase 6, 4096 posts = $ 491,520 of total commissions

Registration takes less than 5 minutes and you can pay by credit card directly from the site secure payment.

Please contact me to WATCH A SHORT VIDEO NOW, and See How It Works! I can teach you how to register, work and start Earning from home.

For Further Information: Whatssap/GSM: 8160613745

e-mail: maxtrontips@gmail.com (Official)

maxtrontips@live.com

Or

You are in doubt, go through the internet 4 your independent enquiry. If your search is valid, do not hesitate to mail me. I cannot wait to welcome you on board.

---------- SUCCESS -------------

1 Share

Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by anigold(m): 7:53am On Apr 29, 2015
Firefire:
The immediate past Governor of Ekiti State, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, has said the President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari, may consider granting amnesty to corrupt politicians who are ready to return stolen funds.

He, however, said Buhari’s promise to extend hands of friendship across the political divide in his acceptance speech shortly after winning the poll, does not mean that he would not prosecute corrupt government officials who served in the President Goodluck Jonathan administration.

Fayemi said this during a programme on BBC titled, HardTalk, which was monitored by our correspondent on Monday.

He said although the All Progressives Congress government would bring all corrupt government officials to book, amnesty may be considered as “a form of incentive” for corrupt persons who voluntarily come out to return stolen funds.

He said the APC government would use all means to ensure that justice and fairness were established.

He said, “Corruption is not going to be dealt with by punishment alone. It is also going to be dealt with by incentives to those who are prepared to have a conversion. If you come voluntarily and say, look, I have stolen some money and I am prepared to return the money, Gen. Buhari would not say no to that.”

Asked whether granting amnesty to those who are willing to return stolen funds was not a breach of criminal laws and justice, Fayemi added another condition, “if our processes and procedure are dealt with, we will definitely look at that.”

The former governor added, “Returning the funds is a form of justice to Nigeria because those funds will now be available for the teeming population. There would be a range of options for dealing with corruption but that does not mean that justice will not take its full course.

“Buhari said he would not interfere with the judicial process and that if anyone is found guilty of malfeasance or corruption then that the law would take its course. Buhari didn’t mention any individual but anyone who is found guilty or who behaved badly in terms of corruption would be brought to face the law.”

http://www.punchng.com/politics/buhari-may-consider-amnesty-for-corrupt-politicians-fayemi/

Ho so The General is now changing dancing steps. during compaign he talked about fighting corruption in my heart of hearts I was happy eventhore am a PRO-GEJ.

NOW HE PLANS TO GIVE AMNESTY TO CORRUPT POLITICIANS,I guess he just realized they are more corrupt politicians in APC than any other party.. Those ex-corrupt PDP chiefs than ran to APC are just the master-minds of this rubbish called AMNESTY.

GENERAL WHEN YOU ARE GIVING AMNESTY MAKE SURE ITS FOR EVERYBODY, WHEN YOU GIVE SELECTIVE-AMNESTY thats when your Administration will be turn upside-down...
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by Nig4Greatness: 7:54am On Apr 29, 2015
IdiAmin1:
I'm not surprised Mr. Fayemi, I saw it coming. Anything to accomodate Tinubu, Amaechi, Atiku and whole lot of his campaign financiers is a well orchestrated plan by Buhari/APC. After all the "I will destroy corruption bruhaha", now this. That shows how "incorruptible" the almighty Buhari is undecided
.....keep talking trash.those you mentioned have nothing to do with corruption.why has Amechi not been accused of corruption in Rivers state despite his disagreement with other stakeholders?.or where were you when Tinubu was building his dynasty?.or you think the genesis of his wealth came from politics?.stop talking before you start reasoning.
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by moha225: 7:55am On Apr 29, 2015
They should return the funds that have been stolen and we wont ask them about the interest of the money, if not please send them to Indonesia for proper judgement as we dont have good judges to sentence corrupt people in Nigeria
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by loomer: 7:55am On Apr 29, 2015
Why na only jonathan's administration these people de talk abt, corrupt people no de for obasanjo's administration?

Them just de make dis thing sound like say na beefing sha
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by Nobody: 7:57am On Apr 29, 2015
Buhari better fight corruption o cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by topdee(m): 7:57am On Apr 29, 2015
anigold:

Ho so The General is now changing dancing steps. during compaign he talked about fighting corruption in my heart of hearts I was happy eventhore am a PRO-GEJ.

NOW HE PLANS TO GIVE AMNESTY TO CORRUPT POLITICIANS,I guess he just realized they are more corrupt politicians in APC than any other party.. Those ex-corrupt PDP chiefs than ran to APC are just the master-minds of this rubbish called AMNESTY.

GENERAL WHEN YOU ARE GIVING AMNESTY MAKE SURE ITS FOR EVERYBODY, WHEN YOU GIVE SELECTIVE-AMNESTY thats when your Administration will be turn upside-down...
Your post is just sentimental and myopic. Pls reread op's post well, before you comment.

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by onyi4edu(f): 7:57am On Apr 29, 2015
loomer:
Why na only jonathan's administration these people de talk abt, corrupt people no de for obasanjo's administration?
Them just de make dis thing sound like say na beefing sha

You just spoke my mind

"Buhari’s promise to extend hands of friendship across the political divide in his acceptance speech shortly after winning the poll, does not mean that he would not prosecute corrupt government officials who served in the President Goodluck Jonathan administration." (Copied from the article)

Why is he particular about GEJ's administration? Is he insinuating there were no corrupt politicians prior to GEJ's administration?
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by HzRF(m): 7:59am On Apr 29, 2015
Has fayemi returned d 1 he looted
We knw his antecedents
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by mmsen: 8:03am On Apr 29, 2015
PassingShot:

So, people like you would prefer we carry on as we have done in the past which is what brought us to our knees!

Have you read about how some of the performing nations such as China, Japan, Korea and even Indonesia managed to pull out of corruption which was their main stumbling block just as is with us now? It took a leader with the political will to step on toes and say enough is enough.

We cannot continue to gloss over our problems without tackling it headlong. Let Buhari fight for us to reduce corruption even if it is by 50% of what it is now.

If he can recover just about half of the stolen funds, Nigerians will be amazed to see what the money can achieve for us.

Lastly, who says that while the war against corruption is going on other businesses of the nation cannot be continued? Please let us unite to encourage the General to help retrieve some of the loots from the wicked unpatriotic thieves.

China, Korea and Indonesia still have problems with corruption.

Whenever there is a change of leadership in China that is when increasing numbers of Chinese officials are dealt with but it depends upon which faction they belong to.
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by flightdey: 8:06am On Apr 29, 2015
compare domestic nigerian flight prices at f l i g h t d e y . c o m
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 29, 2015
My thought is:::: buhari should squeeze out stolen monies from those found guilty of misappropriation of funds, inject the monies back into our economy and we move on...he doesnt even need to arrest anyone...get all the monies back to the extent that a dime is not in the accounts of both present and past thieves.... cheesy
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by luvmijeje(f): 8:10am On Apr 29, 2015
He said although the All Progressives Congress government would bring all corrupt government officials to book, amnesty may be considered as “a form of incentive” for corrupt persons who voluntarily come out to return stolen funds.

The carrot and stick approach should be applied but the money must be return......... And those who who are sensible enough to return the money must be publicly shame.......... But I trust them, they will never do it the easy way.
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by anigold(m): 8:10am On Apr 29, 2015
topdee:

Your post is just sentimental and myopic. Pls reread op's post well, before you comment.

The truth hurts, you can drink ice water to cool down..
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by rolchi(m): 8:12am On Apr 29, 2015
Gbawe:

You guys are getting Buhari's pledge to fight corruption totally wrong. Buhari has always made it clear his government would draw a line in the sand after May 29th which no one , whoever they may be, should cross after that date. Buhari never said he would arrest and jail every Politician in Nigeria because that is simply not feasible or even sensible for a government that wants to deliver tangible progress for Nigeria ASAP. Buhari made it clear he will fight corruption, after being sworn in, by using policies and initiative that will make it difficult for corruption to thrive. Alongside this is the strict adherence to the rule of law which will mean any one guilty of corrupt act, after the May 29th 'moratorium' on corruption, will be prosecuted and punished unlike what obtained before under the PDP.

So clearly, if we are not being sentimental, it is obvious Buhari's fight against corruption has never been promoted to be about Buhari jailing every politician. Buhari never said he would go after IBB, Atiku et al merely because some Nigerians hate those names and brand them corrupt. Buhari is not here to jail everyone's 'bad guy'. The essence of Buhari's fight against corruption is that the immediate outgoing Government will be probed, because money and asset useful to Nigeria must be recovered from them, while a new way of doing things will ensure corruption no longer thrives and that the 'business as usual' environment of impunity is destroyed. Holding this together will be robust prosecution and punishment for offenders who failed to reform and heed the warning that it is no longer business as usual under Muhammadu Buhari. The goal is to make it clear, in relation to corruption, that public officials must conform to the new way of doing things or face the consequences.

Sometimes, you guys/gals write as if we don't understand simple English language presentations when see or hear them. However, your post is welcomed...we are all waiting for this magical fight against corruption!
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by victors123: 8:12am On Apr 29, 2015
Fayemi should start frm himself the one that stole frm Ekiti is a welcome idea but Fayemi should start first!!!
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by Akposkool(m): 8:15am On Apr 29, 2015
Just like that? The fear of buhari is the beginning of the end of corruption I swear
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by layemx(m): 8:19am On Apr 29, 2015
I just wonder wath will happen after May 29, even Fayemi that is that is talking is corrupt, hardly do we have one politician or past leader that is corruption free. God help us.
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by gud4dbest(m): 8:21am On Apr 29, 2015
He can say that.He's d foreman 4 corrupt politicians...
Whizpeter:
Is he high on cold water?

See Fayemi talking about corrupt politicians like though he is a saint...
Nigerian Politics tire me...
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by Remii(m): 8:24am On Apr 29, 2015
TRIBALSTOOGE:
is he not gonna live by example and confess how much he with hold from p.t.f ?

how much is the stolen billions dividend ?

eeee once chance baba
did you read obj's report on ptf?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3-year-old Girl Rescued By Soldiers From Boko Haram Captivity. Photos / Skye Bank Blocks Patience Jonathan From Accessing Her Unfrozen Account / Ugbizi Michael, Appointed DIG By Acting IG Of Police (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.