Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,435 members, 7,861,208 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:05 AM

Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi (22578 Views)

Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials / Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram / Protesters Storm Buharis Office Demand Death Penalty On Corrupt Politicians. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by cecegorz(m): 10:55am On Apr 29, 2015
IdiAmin1:
I'm not surprised Mr. Fayemi, I saw it coming. Anything to accomodate Tinubu, Amaechi, Atiku and whole lot of his campaign financiers is a well orchestrated plan by Buhari/APC. After all the "I will destroy corruption bruhaha", now this. That shows how "incorruptible" the almighty Buhari is undecided

We all know these crooks will find a way of watering this corruption fight down.
But Buhari should get ready for a show down with the citizens.
The ONLY ONE reason why people wanted GEJ out of the seat and Buhari in is because of the wanton looting of our collective wealth, and they latched on that popular wish for the CHANGE campaign.

Buhari should in fact start from his financiers because charity begins at home
It ain't gonna be funny! The nation is watching!
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by Defcon1(m): 11:19am On Apr 29, 2015
Posting on here has become a nightmare
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by Defcon1(m): 11:25am On Apr 29, 2015
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by Defcon1(m): 11:49am On Apr 29, 2015
Mynd44:

If we jail them, how does that tell us how much they stole? Lets be honest.

Instead of dragging years of judicial time and spending money on prosecution, let have them return their loot.

As for the amount, we do audits, if we find that under you, 50million is missing, refund it and get say 12 months. If we are yet to find that other 20million, please talk cos when we do, we will be going back to court, take that this time no bargain

l get where you are coming from. Don't get me wrong. l never said we should just jail them only. l have been trying to say they must be punished according to the constitution, even after returning the money. Letting them off with light sentences after returning their loot is not going to deter anybody. As per audits, how reliable are they?? Even an independent auditing giant, such as PwC, just admitted theirs was not reliable on the missing $20 billion.
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by Mynd44: 11:54am On Apr 29, 2015
Defcon1:

l get where you are coming from. Don't get me wrong. l never said we should just jail them only. l have been trying to say they must be punished according to the constitution, even after returning the money. Letting them off with light sentences after returning their loot is not going to deter anybody. As per audits, how reliable are they?? Even an independent auditing giant, such as PwC, just admitted theirs was not reliable on the missing $20 billion.
The only way we can encourage them to return the money which we need more than these crazy people in jail is if we sweeten the pot.

If we don't give them the option of not doing too much time, we may never see these funds again.

As for the audit, how can we have a curate audits when NNPC and CBN did not open their books cos they were protected by the government?
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by bigtt76(f): 12:01pm On Apr 29, 2015
This man should keep quiet and stop over yarning. After now e go say den mis-quote am angry

Firefire:
The immediate past Governor of Ekiti State, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, has said the President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari, may consider granting amnesty to corrupt politicians who are ready to return stolen funds.

He, however, said Buhari’s promise to extend hands of friendship across the political divide in his acceptance speech shortly after winning the poll, does not mean that he would not prosecute corrupt government officials who served in the President Goodluck Jonathan administration.

Fayemi said this during a programme on BBC titled, HardTalk, which was monitored by our correspondent on Monday.

He said although the All Progressives Congress government would bring all corrupt government officials to book, amnesty may be considered as “a form of incentive” for corrupt persons who voluntarily come out to return stolen funds.

He said the APC government would use all means to ensure that justice and fairness were established.

He said, “Corruption is not going to be dealt with by punishment alone. It is also going to be dealt with by incentives to those who are prepared to have a conversion. If you come voluntarily and say, look, I have stolen some money and I am prepared to return the money, Gen. Buhari would not say no to that.”

Asked whether granting amnesty to those who are willing to return stolen funds was not a breach of criminal laws and justice, Fayemi added another condition, “if our processes and procedure are dealt with, we will definitely look at that.”

The former governor added, “Returning the funds is a form of justice to Nigeria because those funds will now be available for the teeming population. There would be a range of options for dealing with corruption but that does not mean that justice will not take its full course.

“Buhari said he would not interfere with the judicial process and that if anyone is found guilty of malfeasance or corruption then that the law would take its course. Buhari didn’t mention any individual but anyone who is found guilty or who behaved badly in terms of corruption would be brought to face the law.”

http://www.punchng.com/politics/buhari-may-consider-amnesty-for-corrupt-politicians-fayemi/
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by Defcon1(m): 12:08pm On Apr 29, 2015
Mynd44:

The only way we can encourage them to return the money which we need more than these crazy people in jail is if we sweeten the pot.

If we don't give them the option of not doing too much time, we may never see these funds again.

As for the audit, how can we have a curate audits when NNPC and CBN did not open their books cos they were protected by the government?
Okay.
Your last statement on the stance of NNPC and CBN in the PwC audits, is the very reason auditing/probing institutions and individuals will achieve very little in the fight against corruption - no transparency!
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 29, 2015
Fayemi who bought N50 million bed is now a saint.
Fayemi who commissioned an hospital without any equipment watsoever is now preaching Corruption. lol

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by kmariko: 12:56pm On Apr 29, 2015
PassingShot:

So, people like you would prefer we carry on as we have done in the past which is what brought us to our knees!

Have you read about how some of the performing nations such as China, Japan, Korea and even Indonesia managed to pull out of corruption which was their main stumbling block just as is with us now? It took a leader with the political will to step on toes and say enough is enough.

We cannot continue to gloss over our problems without tackling it headlong. Let Buhari fight for us to reduce corruption even if it is by 50% of what it is now.

If he can recover just about half of the stolen funds, Nigerians will be amazed to see what the money can achieve for us.

Lastly, who says that while the war against corruption is going on other businesses of the nation cannot be continued? Please let us unite to encourage the General to help retrieve some of the loots from the wicked unpatriotic thieves.

Reduction in corruption has nothing
, absolutely nothing to do with their emergence as developed nation. Korea and China are still very corrupt nations.

The reason they emerged was simply thier singular focus on productive activities..namely education.export trade.basic industries and power. By individuals with governmental incentives. Much as Dangote is doing.
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by Mynd44: 1:02pm On Apr 29, 2015
Defcon1:

Okay.
Your last statement on the stance of NNPC and CBN in the PwC audits, is the very reason auditing/probing institutions and individuals will achieve very little in the fight against corruption - no transparency!

I completely disagree. It depends on the head of government of minister.

An audit was ordered and some corporations did not open their books. If a government has any credibility at all, they will ask why those agencies decided not to open their books and order them to bit this government is too inept. Since September to now, no action against NNPC and CBN. Madness
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by topfally75(m): 1:12pm On Apr 29, 2015
Have you forgotten what you did in Ekiti Mr Fayemi?
You built a bungalow for just #4billion and u called it governor's Lodge. I think buhari should make u a scapegoat if u refused to refund your stolen funds from Ekiti.
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by Defcon1(m): 1:14pm On Apr 29, 2015
Mynd44:

I completely disagree. It depends on the head of government of minister.

An audit was ordered and some corporations did not open their books. If a government has any credibility at all, they will ask why those agencies decided not to open their books and order them to bit this government is too inept. Since September to now, no action against NNPC and CBN. Madness
You are right.
Let's hope GMB can get everyone to play ball.
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by Mynd44: 1:18pm On Apr 29, 2015
Defcon1:

You are right.
Let's hope GMB can get everyone to play ball.
I pray so too
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by bigmom: 1:57pm On Apr 29, 2015
FAYEMI Are there no corrupt leaders in APC
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 29, 2015
Hishuula:
sir shocked sir ,,i ve been ho undecided sir shocked sir ,,i ve been hoping to have a chat with you since the time you promised to help
Bro, I have been duped severally on this forum that's why I sent my cousin sis to deal directly with you since she's on ground. According to her, you couldn't prove your story, your username, your password and so many things were irregular or should I say fake. So try to convince her my friend.

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 29, 2015
IdiAmin1:
Bro, I have been duped severally on this forum that's why I sent my cousin sis to deal directly with you since she's on ground. According to her, you couldn't prove your story, your username, your password and so many things were irregular or should I say fake. So try to convince her my friend.
now she's not picking my calls again,,,she could'nt
understand me and i think its because she is a girl(sorry to say) ,,,now my
problem is different now cuz through donation i ve get the
school fee complete but i need to get other things done
before our exam next week monday ,i still have to pay for
medical,there is a dress code for my department which i'm yet to buy though we are
allowed to recieve lecture without the dress ON but they will
never allow that during the exam,also i need to pay some
fee i dont pay for when i'm suppose to like gown fee our
matric ''''i only need the recipt not the gown'' ,,,you can
check my thread and read again ,someone sent his cousin to me and he paid the remaining fee ,,,you can log on the sch
website to see yourself the school fee has been paid .i swear
this is not a scam or fake ,,,i'm not forcing this sir,i dont know if you only want to assist on the school fee that has just been paid or you re still interested in helping me further sir,i know my story may be hard to believe but sir i'm for real and thats why i curse myself if its a lie. A guy even call people's attention that my story is a 419 method of scamming people but i thank God those who have confirm my story stood up to my defence,,,i waited for the man who want to confirm my story inside tantalizer in ibadan not even scared if the man brought a police along i waited for him when i have nothing to hide .....if you logon to the school website you will see everything has been done ,my course form is there to print out ,my school fee receipt is there too to print out,i can guess why your sister said i may be fake or even fake ,she called me one day and ask for my logins but it takes me a lot of time to reply her simply because i cant just give her an excuse that i dont have airtime on my phone because i called her with that my same phone number(i have a credit bonus on my phone to make calls alone nd she ask me to send my it tru sms) i later sent them but i think she ve made up her mind that i'm a scam ,,,,,my passwords and username are never irregular or fake ,she may fail to follow what i wrote my username and password are the same and thats how my school run their stuffs ,its 47543964BC and not 47543964bc sir the caps matter most on some browser sir https://www.nairaland.com/2257006/urgently-need-nairalanderspls
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by icon02(m): 6:30pm On Apr 29, 2015
fayemi is tipping buhari to adopt this measure becos he knows he will definatly be among the worst hit by any other anti-corruption measure
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 29, 2015
jonathan you still got 31 days to flush them all out just jerry rowlins .

gather them together even babangida and the transition team ,every body is guilty until they pay the last price .

grind all of them like sardine ,old politicians retire major generals , thief police chiefs crush all of them and recover 50 years of pile s of loots by old thieves .open eye if you dey follow follow said fella . grin grin grin
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by help3852: 7:05pm On Apr 29, 2015
Mynd44:
Well I can't argue with this though. Yes, the corruption in the GEJ administration is mind blowing but if we can get back the nation's money from them, we should be thankful and try to move on.

Now we need to read this well though, this might only apply to those who stole and will come out willingly to say "I stole" not those who admitted to stealing when they have been arrested and being tried.

Even if you have been arrested and you are being tried, if you are willing to return your look, you should get a reduced jail term, something like 9 months just so people know that you still went to jail and you have the record which also mean you can't run for any elective office again.

All in all, these are things I look forward to. But that PWC report though......my goodness
There was nothing mind blowing under GEJ'S tenure. It is a systemic failure. History shows corruption is Nigeria started before 1960.

Then, just few people had access to the funds, they stole and share among themselve.
Under Gej, he is a calm man and gave his ministers free hand, hence many people had access to the same funds. Just that they are more beneficiaries during his tenure.
One thing that Made the older theives angry, that younger theives are getting richer like they are.
Because they are many interest trying to get their shares, if anyone feels shortchanged he leaks the secret. If they all get fair shares, you will not hear anything in public.
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by tellmesome(f): 8:48pm On Apr 29, 2015
Return or no return, they should be persecuted that is how it is done in a Democratic country .Jail them that's where they belong.
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by Rick9(m): 9:11pm On Apr 29, 2015
Jail them jor wich kind Amnesty.
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by olabukola: 9:17pm On Apr 29, 2015
Mynd44:

If we jail them, how does that tell us how much they stole? Lets be honest.

Instead of dragging years of judicial time and spending money on prosecution, let have them return their loot.

As for the amount, we do audits, if we find that under you, 50million is missing, refund it and get say 12 months. If we are yet to find that other 20million, please talk cos when we do, we will be going back to court, take that this time no bargain
If they know(which am very sure they knew) that the prosecution will drag years without end then they will quietly sit on their loot and see the prosecution drag on. If its me that is what i will do. So amnesty is dead on arrival. He can only go ahead on amnesty to give himself soft landing when confronted by the press on the type of people around him. People like Amaechi, all the past govs and any political office holder in Nigeria are looters. If he want to prosecute that means he will work alone. Even His VP is not clean.

So all the shout about fighting corruption na wash.
Re: Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi by Nobody: 5:40am On Apr 30, 2015
IdiAmin1:
now she's not picking my calls again,,,she could'nt
understand me and i think its because she is a girl(sorry to
say) ,,,now my
problem is different now cuz through donation i ve get the
school fee complete but i need to get other things done
before our exam next week monday ,i still have to pay for medical,there is a dress code for my department which i'm
yet to buy though we are
allowed to recieve lecture without the dress ON but they will
never allow that during the exam,also i need to pay some
fee i dont pay for when i'm suppose to like gown fee our
matric ''''i only need the recipt not the gown'' ,,,you can check my thread and read again ,someone sent his cousin to
me and he paid the remaining fee ,,,you can log on the sch
website to see yourself the school fee has been paid .i swear
this is not a scam or fake ,,,i'm not forcing this sir,i dont
know if you only want to assist on the school fee that has
just been paid or you re still interested in helping me further sir,i know my story may be hard to believe but sir i'm for real
and thats why i curse myself if its a lie. A guy even call
people's attention that my story is a 419 method of
scamming people but i thank God those who have confirm
my story stood up to my defence,,,i waited for the man who
want to confirm my story inside tantalizer in ibadan not even scared if the man brought a police along i waited for
him when i have nothing to hide .....if you logon to the
school website you will see everything has been done ,my
course form is there to print out ,my school fee receipt is
there too to print out,i can guess why your sister said i may
be fake or even fake ,she called me one day and ask for my logins but it takes me a lot of time to reply her simply
because i cant just give her an excuse that i dont have
airtime on my phone because i called her with that my same
phone number(i have a credit bonus on my phone to make
calls alone nd she ask me to send my it tru sms) i later sent
them but i think she ve made up her mind that i'm a scam ,,,,,my passwords and username are never irregular or fake
,she may fail to follow what i wrote my username and
password are the same and thats how my school run their
stuffs ,its 47543964BC and not 47543964bc sir the caps
matter most on some browser sir https://www.nairaland.com/2257006/urgently-need-nairalanderspls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Orders WAEC To Produce Ledger Of Sen Adeleke’s Result / Arewa Youths To Ganduje: Don’t Host Tinubu’s Birthday Party In Government House / Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.