Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Confusion:was Jesus The First Person To Enter Heaven After His Resurrection??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Confusion:was Jesus The First Person To Enter Heaven After His Resurrection??? (3163 Views)

Charles Obong Buried With N17M In Uganda To Bribe God To Enter Into Heaven / ‘i’m NOT JESUS!” - The Man Who Walked Through The Streets Of Nairobi (photos) / What Is More Important, The Death Of Christ Or His Resurrection? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confusion:was Jesus The First Person To Enter Heaven After His Resurrection??? by Daniel058(m): 7:55am On Apr 29, 2015
Pls am confused about some passages of the
scripture,and i need ur contribution/answers,,,,the
bible said in gen.5 that Enoch was taken up to
heaven and so was Elijah ,,but the bible made
mention that Jesus christ was the only one to
enter heaven after his resurrection,so my question
is,where were Enoch and Elijah taken to?
Re: Confusion:was Jesus The First Person To Enter Heaven After His Resurrection??? by adanduka: 8:01am On Apr 29, 2015
Daniel058:
Pls am confused about some passages of the
scripture,and i need ur contribution/answers,,,,the
bible said in gen.5 that Enoch was taken up to
heaven and so was Elijah ,,but the bible made
mention that Jesus christ was the only one to
enter heaven after his resurrection
,so my question
is,where were Enoch and Elijah taken to?

@bolded, please add the portion of scripture. I would like to see it.
Re: Confusion:was Jesus The First Person To Enter Heaven After His Resurrection??? by agohmamuda(m): 8:14am On Apr 29, 2015
Jesus had always been in Heaven.
Re: Confusion:was Jesus The First Person To Enter Heaven After His Resurrection??? by Daniel058(m): 9:19am On Apr 29, 2015
adanduka:

@bolded, please add the portion of scripture. I would like to see it.
Joh:3:12: If I have told you earthly things, and ye
believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of
heavenly things?
Joh:3:13: And no man hath ascended up to
heaven , but he that came down from heaven, even
the Son of man which is in heaven.
Re: Confusion:was Jesus The First Person To Enter Heaven After His Resurrection??? by Scholar8200(m): 10:38am On Apr 29, 2015
Heaven: the abode of all saints from the creation right up to the thief on the cross referred to the Third heaven - Paradise 2Corinthians 12: 2,4.
Heavenly places: The present manipulatory headquarters of the devil and his cohorts Ephesians 6:12 and Revelations 12:7.
Heaven: The place quoted by the OP is the One Jesus referred to as the Throne of GOD in Matthew 5:34. Without redemption by the blood of the Lamb, no one gets here.Hebrews 9:24-28
We must be able to differentiate one from the other.

2 Likes

Re: Confusion:was Jesus The First Person To Enter Heaven After His Resurrection??? by NumberOne2(m): 2:40pm On Apr 29, 2015
^^In addition:
Heaven especially in the Old testament is referred to as:

The Sky:
"In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened." - Genesis 7:11

Outer Space:
"And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be." - Genesis 15:5

1 Like

Re: Confusion:was Jesus The First Person To Enter Heaven After His Resurrection??? by davien(m): 6:43pm On Apr 29, 2015
Following the mythology,noah and pre-jesus characters would be in the alleged mythical place....
Re: Confusion:was Jesus The First Person To Enter Heaven After His Resurrection??? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Apr 29, 2015
Scholar8200:
Heaven: the abode of all saints from the creation right up to the thief on the cross referred to the Third heaven - Paradise 2Corinthians 12: 2,4.
Heavenly places: The present manipulatory headquarters of the devil and his cohorts Ephesians 6:12 and Revelations 12:7.
Heaven: The place quoted by the OP is the One Jesus referred to as the Throne of GOD in Matthew 5:34. Without redemption by the blood of the Lamb, no one gets here.Hebrews 9:24-28
We must be able to differentiate one from the other.

What led to ur conclusion about 2cor. 12:2, 4?
Re: Confusion:was Jesus The First Person To Enter Heaven After His Resurrection??? by Scholar8200(m): 7:40pm On Apr 29, 2015
JMAN05:

What led to ur conclusion about 2cor. 12:2, 4?

Paradise mentioned in vs 4 was called the third Heaven in vs 2. That's why when saints of the OT died, it was said that they were,"gathered unto [b]their[/b]people eg Genesis 49:33b.

Remember Christ telling the thief on the Cross," ...today shalt thou be with me in paradise" He was not referring to Heaven (God's Throne) because He said Today, not three days' time or after resurrection. And after His resurrection, He said,"...I am not yet ascended to My Father"Luke 20:17. I believe this partly explains the occurrence in Matthew 27:52,53

Now when you consider Luke 16:22,23,26 You will see that between Paradise and Hell, there is a great gulf fixed. However, when Heaven (God's Throne) is disclosed in Revelations, nothing of the such is mentioned. And I may dare to say that the Holy Place seems to symbolise Paradise, while The Holy of Holies where the Ark was, symbolized Heaven where God's Throne is. Because of Christ, those who die in the faith of Christ no longer go to paradise but Heaven. Revelations 6:9,10,11(Altar mentioned here is the one in Heaven see Rev 8:3)
Re: Confusion:was Jesus The First Person To Enter Heaven After His Resurrection??? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 29, 2015
Scholar8200:

Paradise mentioned in vs 4 was called the third Heaven in vs 2. That's why when saints of the OT died, it was said that they were,"gathered unto [b]their[/b]people eg Genesis 49:33b.

Remember Christ telling the thief on the Cross," ...today shalt thou be with me in paradise" He was not referring to Heaven (God's Throne) because He said Today, not three days' time or after resurrection. And after His resurrection, He said,"...I am not yet ascended to My Father"Luke 20:17. I believe this partly explains the occurrence in Matthew 27:52,53

Now when you consider Luke 16:22,23,26 You will see that between Paradise and Hell, there is a great gulf fixed. However, when Heaven (God's Throne) is disclosed in Revelations, nothing of the such is mentioned. And I may dare to say that the Holy Place seems to symbolise Paradise, while The Holy of Holies where the Ark was, symbolized Heaven where God's Throne is. Because of Christ, those who die in the faith of Christ no longer go to paradise but Heaven. Revelations 6:9,10,11(Altar mentioned here is the one in Heaven see Rev 8:3)

I commend ur scriptural insight. Are u a real bible scholar, that passed thru a theological school?

I 'll take time to reveal ur answer i reply later.
Re: Confusion:was Jesus The First Person To Enter Heaven After His Resurrection??? by Daniel058(m): 9:30pm On Apr 29, 2015
i think I have found a convincing answer

Lu:23:39: And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us. Lu:23:40: But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation? Lu:23:41: And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss. Lu:23:42: And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. Lu:23:43: And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise. Lu:23:44: And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour. Lu:23:45: And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst. Lu:23:46: And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost. So we see that the malefactor on the cross was the first man in heaven. Some might say that Enoch was taken by God to heaven; Elijah was taken there by a whirlwind and a chariot and Moses appeared at Christ's transfiguration so he must have been there. But the Bible says they are not in heaven. Joh:3:12: If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things? Joh:3:13: And no man hath ascended up to heaven , but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. So up to the crucifixion, no man had ever been to heaven! On with the hard bit:- Ge:5:24: And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him. Notice this verse does not say Enoch went to heaven. It says he was not found, for God took him. But this verse does not say where God took him! As for Elijah, this is the most difficult to understand: we are told, 2Ki:2:11: And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven. Now we have already seen John:3:13 and that can’t be wrong. But let us look at the the meanings of "heaven." Heaven may be the atmosphere . Ge:27:28: Therefore God give thee of the dew of heaven, and the fatness of the earth, and plenty of corn and wine: The next meaning of heaven is the universe. Ge:1:15: And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. Ge:1:16: And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.Ge:1:17: And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, The THIRD heaven is where the throne of God exists. Now we are ready for the explanation! Elijah, having ascended into the AIR by a whirlwind and was carried away out of sight - beyond the horizon. (Must have been some sight!) Moses never went to heaven either – he just died: De:34:5: So Moses the servant of the LORD died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the LORD. De:34:6: And he buried him in a valley in the land of Moab, over against Beth-peor: but no man knoweth of his sepulchre unto this day. De:34:7: And Moses was an hundred and twenty years old when he died: his eye was not dim, nor his natural force abated. But, I hear you say, “Did not both ELIJAH and MOSES appear with Christ on the mount of transfiguration?” Well, yes and no – a vision of them appeared, they did not. M't:17:1: And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart, M't:17:2: And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light. M't:17:3: And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him. […] M't:17:9: And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead.
Re: Confusion:was Jesus The First Person To Enter Heaven After His Resurrection??? by Scholar8200(m): 12:44am On Apr 30, 2015
JMAN05:

I commend ur scriptural insight. Are u a real bible scholar, that passed thru a theological school?

I 'll take time to reveal ur answer i reply later.
No I havent but the Holy Spirit teaches us all things if we'll learn.

(1) (Reply)

HELP : Paranormal Activity In My House. Should I Move Out? / Snares Of Satan / Is It Wrong To Consult A "white Garment" Spiritualist Or Babalawo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.