Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

What Is More Important, The Death Of Christ Or His Resurrection? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is More Important, The Death Of Christ Or His Resurrection? (2239 Views)

The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ / Confusion:was Jesus The First Person To Enter Heaven After His Resurrection??? / 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is More Important, The Death Of Christ Or His Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:11pm On Apr 22, 2015
What is more important, the death of Christ or His resurrection? How do both the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ play a role in our salvation?
Re: What Is More Important, The Death Of Christ Or His Resurrection? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 22, 2015
None is more important.... they are equally important.. So case is dismissed

1 Like

Re: What Is More Important, The Death Of Christ Or His Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:21pm On Apr 22, 2015
starlingslimnet:

None is more important.... they are equally important.. So case is dismissed

Not so fast. What if I posit that we are not saved by faith, how will you go about dismissing that?
Re: What Is More Important, The Death Of Christ Or His Resurrection? by keandre: 3:21pm On Apr 22, 2015
without death,there will be no resurrection
Re: What Is More Important, The Death Of Christ Or His Resurrection? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Apr 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Not so fast. What if I posit that we are not saved by faith, how will you go about dismissing that?
I won't dismiss I had walk away as that is a plain Truth audible to the deaf and visible to the blind.
Re: What Is More Important, The Death Of Christ Or His Resurrection? by soye3(f): 3:25pm On Apr 22, 2015
his death is more important to me because it is by means of his shed blood I am able to be reconciled to God after having been alienated from him because of inherited sin from Adam and Eve. That is why my prayers can be heard because that blood serves as a cleaner.

His resurrection is also important because when he eventually starts rulling this world after cleaning it of all those ruining it, then I'll have a perfect ruler under the best conditions, with no need of voting in any human ruler . they are both wonderful to me. but his death, more important.
Re: What Is More Important, The Death Of Christ Or His Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:27pm On Apr 22, 2015
starlingslimnet:

I won't dismiss I had walk away as that is a plain Truth audible to the deaf and visible to the blind.

Are you saying that if Jesus did not resurrect it won't matter for our salvation as long as He died?
Re: What Is More Important, The Death Of Christ Or His Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:31pm On Apr 22, 2015
keandre:

without death,there will be no resurrection

Are you then saying that His death is more important than his resurrection?
Re: What Is More Important, The Death Of Christ Or His Resurrection? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Are you saying that if Jesus did not resurrect it won't matter for our salvation as long as He died?
Are implying The death of Christ amounts to nothing?
Re: What Is More Important, The Death Of Christ Or His Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:48pm On Apr 22, 2015
starlingslimnet:

Are implying The death of Christ amounts to nothing?

No. My question is which one is more important, His death or resurrection?
Re: What Is More Important, The Death Of Christ Or His Resurrection? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:
What is more important, the death of Christ or His resurrection? How do both the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ play a role in our salvation?
it's obvious that you already know the answer
Re: What Is More Important, The Death Of Christ Or His Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:41pm On Apr 22, 2015
deejay2x67:

it's obvious that you already know the answer

Both the death and resurrection of Christ is important but which is more important, do you know?
Re: What Is More Important, The Death Of Christ Or His Resurrection? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Apr 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

No. My question is which one is more important, His death or resurrection?
My answer to your question is your question is wrong
Re: What Is More Important, The Death Of Christ Or His Resurrection? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Both the death and resurrection of Christ is important but which is more important, do you know?
The Bible says the Lord is good..not better or best...You don't use Comparative adjective with God.
Re: What Is More Important, The Death Of Christ Or His Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:15pm On Apr 22, 2015
starlingslimnet:

My answer to your question is your question is wrong

Let me simplify my question into bite size. Would Jesus' death alone suffice for our salvation?
Re: What Is More Important, The Death Of Christ Or His Resurrection? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Let me simplify my question into bite size. Would Jesus' death alone suffice for our salvation?
What makes the word salvation?
Re: What Is More Important, The Death Of Christ Or His Resurrection? by keandre: 7:30pm On Apr 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Are you then saying that His death is more important than his resurrection?

Yea,its said "By his death we are saved"
Re: What Is More Important, The Death Of Christ Or His Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:59pm On Apr 22, 2015
soye3:

his death is more important to me because it is by means of his shed blood I am able to be reconciled to God after having been alienated from him because of inherited sin from Adam and Eve. That is why my prayers can be heard because that blood serves as a cleaner.

His resurrection is also important because when he eventually starts rulling this world after cleaning it of all those ruining it, then I'll have a perfect ruler under the best conditions, with no need of voting in any human ruler . they are both wonderful to me. but his death, more important.

Thanks for addressing the question head on.
Re: What Is More Important, The Death Of Christ Or His Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:03pm On Apr 22, 2015
starlingslimnet:

What makes the word salvation?

Deliverance from the power of darkness and translated into the kingdom of the dear Son of God.
Re: What Is More Important, The Death Of Christ Or His Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:03pm On Apr 22, 2015
keandre:

Yea,its said "By his death we are saved"

Good point. What does His resurrection do for us?
Re: What Is More Important, The Death Of Christ Or His Resurrection? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Deliverance from the power of darkness and translated into the kingdom of the dear Son of God.
How is that possible?
Re: What Is More Important, The Death Of Christ Or His Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:30pm On Apr 22, 2015
starlingslimnet:

How is that possible?

It is possible by repenting from your sins and trusting in the finished work of Christ on the Cross. He died that we may be free from the law of sin and death and rose from the dead that we may live under the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus. See Colossians 1:13-14; Romans 8:2.
Re: What Is More Important, The Death Of Christ Or His Resurrection? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

It is possible by repenting from your sins and trusting in the finished work of Christ on the Cross. He died that we may be free from the law of sin and death and rose from the dead that we may live under the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus.
You see now that both are equally important.. Case Closed
Re: What Is More Important, The Death Of Christ Or His Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:34pm On Apr 22, 2015
starlingslimnet:

You see now that both are equally important.. Case Closed

Not so fast. Present your case before you close it.
Re: What Is More Important, The Death Of Christ Or His Resurrection? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Not so fast. Present your case before you close it.
Read your post again on Salvation and see you have answered yourself
Re: What Is More Important, The Death Of Christ Or His Resurrection? by Adwexky(m): 8:54pm On Apr 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

The death of Christ and resurrection are complimentarily important.
Re: What Is More Important, The Death Of Christ Or His Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:36pm On Apr 23, 2015
Adwexky:

The death of Christ and resurrection are complimentarily important.

Good point.
Re: What Is More Important, The Death Of Christ Or His Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:57pm On May 04, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Suggested answers:

Answer: The death and resurrection of Christ are equally important. Jesus’ death and resurrection accomplish separate but necessarily related things. The death and resurrection of our Lord are really inseparable, like the warp and weft of cloth.

The cross of Christ won for us the victory that we could never have won for ourselves. “Having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross” (Colossians 2:15). On the cross God piled our sins on Jesus, and He bore the punishment due us (Isaiah 53:4–8 ). In His death, Jesus took upon Himself the curse introduced by Adam (see Galatians 3:13).

With the death of Christ, our sins became powerless to rule over us (Romans 6). By His death, Jesus destroyed the works of the devil (John 12:31; Hebrews 2:14; 1 John 3:8 ), condemned Satan (John 16:11), and crushed the head of the serpent (Genesis 3:15).

Without the sacrificial death of Christ, we would still be in our sins, unforgiven, unredeemed, unsaved, and unloved. The cross of Christ is vital to our salvation and was thus a main theme of the apostles’ preaching (Acts 2:23, 36; 1 Corinthians 1:23; 2:2; Galatians 6:14).

But the story of Jesus Christ did not end with His death. The resurrection of Christ is also foundational to the gospel message. Our salvation stands or falls based on the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ, as Paul makes clear in 1 Corinthians 15:12–19. If Christ is not physically risen from the dead, then we ourselves have no hope of resurrection, the apostles’ preaching was in vain, and believers are all to be pitied. Without the resurrection, we are still sitting “in darkness and in the shadow of death” waiting for the sunrise (Luke 1:78–79).

Because of Jesus’ resurrection, His promise holds true for us: “Because I live, you also will live” (John 14:19). Our great enemy, death, will be defeated (1 Corinthians 15:26, 54–55). Jesus’ resurrection is also important because it is through that event that God declares us righteous: Jesus “was raised to life for our justification” (Romans 4:25). The gift of the Holy Spirit was sent from the resurrected and ascended Lord Jesus (John 16:7).

At least three times in His earthly ministry, Jesus predicted that He would die and rise again after three days (Mark 8:31; 9:31; 10:34). If Jesus Christ had not been raised from the dead, He would have failed in His prophecies—He would have been yet another false prophet to be ignored. As it is, however, we have a living Lord, faithful to His Word. The angel at Jesus’ empty tomb was able to point to fulfilled prophecy: “He is not here; he has risen, just as he said” (Matthew 28:6).

Scripture links the death and resurrection of Christ, and we must maintain that link. Jesus’ entrance into the tomb is as equally important as His exit from the tomb. In 1 Corinthians 15:3–5, Paul defines the gospel as the dual truth that Jesus died for our sins (proved by His burial) and that He rose again the third day (proved by His appearances to many witnesses). This gospel truth is “of first importance” (verse 3).

It is impossible to separate the death of Christ from His resurrection. To believe in one without the other is to believe in a false gospel that cannot save. In order for Jesus to have truly arisen from the dead, He must have truly died. And in order for His death to have a true meaning for us, He must have a true resurrection. We cannot have one without the other.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/death-resurrection-Christ.html#ixzz3ZD3ELTpV
Re: What Is More Important, The Death Of Christ Or His Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:42pm On Apr 11, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Some Churches Shout "Amen! Amen! Amen! Fire!"? / Pastor David Ibiyeomie Splashes Millions Of Naira On Youth For Skill Acquisition / Still On Tithing – I Disagree With Daddy Oyedepo!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.