Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,763 members, 7,813,535 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) (69642 Views)

How Nigerian Soldiers At The Battlefield Communicate With Their Commanders. PICS / Buhari To US: A Refusal To Arm My Troops Cos Of "So-called Human Rights Violat.. / Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by EdCure: 9:02pm On Apr 30, 2015
sukkot:
ike eba or agbari ojukwu or whatever yall kids call him these days fired the first shot with his mouth grin

ojukwus mouth wrote a check his ass couldnt cash
cheesy grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Nobody: 9:04pm On Apr 30, 2015
If that happens, the people that we would all pity would be the innocent Igbo civilians that would be caught up in a war that they didn't ask for.

sweetgala:

Nigeria would survive another war, the Igbo might just get massacred this time around. If 1966 happened again there would be no respite because the Igbo are the most ungrateful bunch known to man

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by superstar1(m): 9:05pm On Apr 30, 2015
U
sukkot:
SEE THE BLACK SCORPION IN ACTION. SEE HIS SHOOTING STANCE ? THE GUY IS A WORLD RENOWNED MARKSMAN. BENJAMIN ADEKUNLE IN BATTLE, FROM THE WAR ARCHIVES

[img]http://bp0.blogger.com/_pyIBhtN_0F4/Rx9cB2rckpI/AAAAAAAAARk/RKp_gtEEkcs/s1600/Benjamin+Adekunle+1.jpg[/img]

grin

The guy shoots anything walking --- dead or alive.

The Ojuju Calabar of y1bos.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by sukkot: 9:05pm On Apr 30, 2015
EdCure:

cheesy grin
bros no be small tin ooo lmao grin
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by timiborokini(m): 9:06pm On Apr 30, 2015
FreeGlobe:

No, its cowardice. The wannabe general who gave his own embellished account of the war has many frustrations, he is very bitter but in his words, he just had to bottle it up. Its not called friendly, its called cowardice or slave mentality

do you know what it means to be cunning?? A lion will never attack its own prey at a glance he can wait for hours just to make a good strategy out of the situation..
u will never understand, u re not part of us.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by sukkot: 9:08pm On Apr 30, 2015
superstar1:
U

The guy shoots anything walking --- dead or alive.

The Ojuju Calabar of y1bos.
right ? lmao. bros, word through the grapevine on why he got abandoned after the war is that people couldnt feel comfortable around him after seeing his exploits in the war. the guy is a deranged killer for real for real. so after seeing his exploits, dem fashi am, thinking this one na mad man ooooo lmao. the guy dey kill aanything breathing walking talking or smiling grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by knowledgeable: 9:09pm On Apr 30, 2015
eliment:
one thing you should know is that all the casualties suffered by Biafran soldiers were caused by Yoruba led fronts. It is a fact that Yorubas are more tactical in war than any other tribe in Nigeria

If you have the guts, demand for your own country and display your tactical abilities for the world to see, not fighting along side some body else all the time. Yorubas are eternally cowards.

4 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Nobody: 9:14pm On Apr 30, 2015
FreeGlobe:

fool, there is nothing like SS. Either your minority tribe are for Nigeria or Biafra. Now that you have chosen Nigeria, you can fvck off my mentions.

lolz, and pls can you go to bayelsa and say "This land belong To Biafra, or u re Biafran, omo my ijaw niggas go smoke u alive, the last tym I check Bayelsa was part of Ojukwu map". don't b scared en , without us u can survive at least una get small chengele oil, unlike d others make b total parasite nor 1 call names

stop tagging SS as Biafra plss, we re nt Biafra, we re Niger Deltans , get tat to ur skull

calling Urhobo minority SMH, we re d 5 largest ethnic group in Nigeria dummy

#Wearenotbiafra,

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by economia: 9:16pm On Apr 30, 2015
T9ksy:

http://tribuneonlineng.com/content/how-my-troops-stopped-biafran-soldiers-ore-%E2%80%94col-iluyomade-rtd

Ija ore- oleku...........The battle of Ore was fierce!!!
How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by T9ksy (m ): 10:23am On Apr 29
Colonel Oyinlade Iluyomade (rtd) is a civil war veteran, renowned for his role in curtailing the onslaught of the Biafran army at Ore, Ondo State.
Your role during the civil war, particularly how you curtailed the onslaught of the Biafran soldiers at Ore has been spoken about by fellow military men like General Alabi Isama, what exactly happened at the war front?
When the civil war commenced around June to July 1967, I was based in Ibadan where I commanded a small unit. But I joined the military in 1952 with Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida and Sani Abacha, who were my colleagues. I was sent to India for military training to be commissioned as Infantry, that is, to fight wars. The war started from the north, but it got to a point when the Biafran soldiers wanted to break through and conquer the West, they believed that if they conquered the West, it would be easy for them to manoeuvre their way through to the North. So, they wanted to break through Ore into the West, then straight to Lagos. But, at the beginning of August, I was despatched to Ore village to act as Security Officer, to ensure internal security and, to make the civilians aware of the presence of the federal troops. I was there with 33 soldiers. Later, Biafra captured Mid West, and arrived in Benin. This meant that their next target was the West. So I was told by then Colonel Olusegun Obasanjo, who was the Commander in Ibadan, to move to Ore border, which is about 19 miles to Ore village. Then, I moved there that night but I told Obasanjo that I was ill-equipped to curtail the Biafran attack. What can 33 soldiers do? So, he promised to reinforce and he did keep to his promise. Then, our total strength grew to 179 soldiers to defend the place.
I had premonition of danger and when I got to Ore, I deployed my troops towards the Western region. The bridge at Ofosu was the boundary, so I went ahead to survey the area to know the mountainous and forested areas. And I deployed my troops, so if there would be an attack on the West, they would have to cross the bridge. So I safeguarded the bridge and gave my troops instruction not to allow anybody cross over. By that time, there was an instruction that I shouldn’t allow anybody into the West.
After deployment of troops, I rose up from my trench at about 12 midnight, it started to rain heavily, but I told the troops not to leave their trenches. So, we dug in. Then, when I saw the skyline of the vehicles of the Biafran soldiers coming towards us, I shouted that no one should fire except me. And the battle started minutes past midnight. But the bridge was so heavy that they could not penetrate. If they had known that we had a small number, maybe they could have made the effort to penetrate. So we confused them, the place was well secured and we never lost any soldier.
One can deduce from your exploits then that you were proactive and strategic in battle, do you observe such qualities in today’s military operation?
I was the only officer, the others were other ranks so I commanded them. I don’t know how the current Army is deployed and how they work. But, the way I look at them now, I would not want to comment but they know how they operate. But, in our own days, we were tough and well-trained; we were dedicated and had the ability to withstand any odd.
Are these qualities lacking in today’s Army?
I would not say they are lacking. I think money now has a great role to play. Money is used to dampen soldiers’ professionalism. If soldiers know that money is now so much available, you can understand their current thinking. Moreover, those who fought well during the civil war were not compensated. Those that did not fight at all were the ones promoted. Those who ran away were promoted. I would not want to mention names.
I recall you once complained that you were never promoted to the position of a General?
I was not promoted, even to the position of a full Colonel. Maybe because I am a Yoruba man, I can say this boldly anywhere. Look at what happened to late Benjamin Adekunle, for example. Who fought the civil war more than Adekunle? But, he was neglected, Why? The exception was Akinrinade that managed to become the Chief of Army Staff. Ariyo was driven away, someone just placed a letter on his table that he was retired; he never saw the person. What offence did he commit? Just because he was Yoruba; so many Yorubas, like that, were neglected. Nothing was given to us. It is very terrible.
The force is dominated by the north and they want to continue to enjoy the largesse of the military. They claim that Yorubas have many engineers, lawyers, doctors and other professionals hence we should not wrest the military from the Northerners. We are still angry with how we were treated; we just bottled it up. And from the beginning till end of the war, people like me never left the war front. I was one of the five brigade commanders that ended the war.
You have bottled up your anger for so long, is it time for you to let out this anger as you now have a fellow soldier, also from the North, now elected as President?
No, Buhari is a nice man, he is a fellow military man. He is an amiable man, a very nice man, plain-hearted, a gentle man to the core. I know him.
You seem to know Buhari so well, can you tell us more about the Buhari that you know.
I worked with Buhari when we were together in Marine Commando. He was GOS next to the General Officer Commanding and I was Divisional Training Officer, I was training and teaching other ranks. That was where I met Buhari. He was very nice, amiable to people. He was also a wonderful Head of State and he is a disciplinarian. He does not condone nonsense and I love him.
You have claimed to love Buhari so much, however, Nigerians would only love him so well if he lives up to expectations. Do you think he can live up to the high expectations of Nigerians?
Why not? To become a Major, you are well-read, hence you can tackle any problem. Mobolaji Johnson was a Major when he was appointed Administrator of Lagos. To become a major, you would have passed through the Staff College, attended several trainings, taken exams, attended different courses, partook in seminars to brush you up and acquire intelligence. Military men also read personally. I have a personal library where I have good books. I read on military, politics, philosophy among other aspects of life. Winston Churchhill read up to Class 4 and became the Prime Minister of Britain and the whole Commonwealth. And he led the Commonwealth military to victory. Adolf Hitler read only up to Form 2 level and he wanted to conquer and rule the whole world. What audacity other than the fact that he read wide. It is not about having a PhD; what is PhD to us? We read wide.
Do you canvass for the inclusion of retired military men in the new government?
Yes. For example, if I become a minister in Buhari’s government, my ministry will shine. Consider Brigadier General Samuel Ogbemudia in Bendel, he developed Bendel. Which governor has developed Bendel, now Edo State, the way Ogbemudia did till date? None. He was a military man. Back then, money was not the issue, but we fought to win the war. It was about being a real man.
What about fears that the dictatorial tendencies of military men, if largely involved, will be laid bare in our democratic practice?
The world is civilised and there is no more dictatorship. Democracy is practised around the world now. There is no country that practices dictatorship that will progress. A civilian should come up with policies that are beneficial but where the civilians fail, there may be the need for. For example, there is no reason all roads in the country should not be tarred. We should have water, electricity. Why can’t we have adequate power supply in the country? We lack dynamic leaders. We have voted them in now. Rather than for some of them to better the country, they will be after enriching themselves. What for? It is out of lack of imagination. But, I have confidence that Buhari will deliver. I can shout on top of my voice about this.
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by sweetgala(m): 9:17pm On Apr 30, 2015
teeowl:
If that happens, the people that we would all pity would be the innocent Igbo civilians that would be caught up in a war that they didn't ask for.

The reality of that fact is glaring, there is this new SE idea that the SS would back them up and they'll just roll over Nigeria.

The biggest losers in nigeria changing would always be the igbos , no other tribe has so much of it's wealth stored outside their absolute control.
They have done a good job of usurping the bulk of the Nigerian army leadership from the Hausa/Fulani , but a large bulk of military armoury and motorised divisions are still strategically outside SE territory

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by sukkot: 9:17pm On Apr 30, 2015
THE BLACK SCORPION. CRAZED KILLER

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Achiles: 9:17pm On Apr 30, 2015
truefact:
Yorubas are visionless. Awolowo never believed in anything that's why he died like nothing. He is coward. He has no choice of his. Zik bring him to nigeria, Gowon kept him in Nigeria even to this days.

Yorubas fight for your own country. ..Nigeria is not a country. ..

It is Yoruba cowardice and timidity that make them want Igbos to remain in Nigeria. Igbos give those cowards a kind of protection and cover from their masters up north. That is why if igbos secede now, yorubas will secede from their Hausa masters.

Yorubas fight for your country. Nigeria is a mere geographical expression. .didn't your hero said that? You lot are lazy cowards with no vision. Your only vision is ND oil

Your hero committed suicide. Your hero is coward who never fight for your freedom. Your hero had no choice of his, remember Zik made him accept nigeria and Gowon made him stay in Nigeria. Your hero believed nothing and die like nothing. ..WHAT A BIG SHAME

I guess you have no idea of cowardice. You may want to ask Ojukwu why he fled!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by babestella: 9:25pm On Apr 30, 2015
disumusa:
it long igbos wanted to hijack nigeria and stole/claim yoruba land

You need 100KG of brain cells bro. Kudos.

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by tobtap: 9:26pm On Apr 30, 2015
biafransoul:
Please can someone remind me of the name of the Oba of Ilorin again? Thanks in advance
his name is nwosu ojukwu the COWARD grin grin grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by stan4guy6(m): 9:31pm On Apr 30, 2015
Nigeria defeated Biafra with aid of u.k and Soviet union

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by rabzy: 9:31pm On Apr 30, 2015
teeowl:
There was absolutely no agreement between Ojukwu and Awolowo about seceding. The only statement Awolowo made was along these lines "if the Igbos are allowed to secede, we (Yorubas) would follow suit and break away because the 1957 accord did not include a break away clause."

I know about that statement, in fact there was a statement supposedly by ojukwu where he told Awolowo ' egbon month ti lo o'. It would be tough to know all that transpired. Nobody has been able to come up with a document or meeting with witnesses where Awolowo said he would pull the West Away. I am yet to see any interview where Ojukwu said Awolowo made such a pact with him. But even if he did it would have been just been braggado. There was no way he could have pulled it off at that time maybe in 1957 but definitely not 1967 with all the 'wild wild west' killings, the fact that all the power was now in the hands of trigger happy military boys. For me it would have been totally daft to rely on Such a promise if it was even given.

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by shamecurls(m): 9:35pm On Apr 30, 2015
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Sodams(m): 9:38pm On Apr 30, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

What you are saying makes no sense. It is even said that Nigeria suffered heavier military losses than Biafra despite the fact that your side was heavily armed by Britain & Russia. Most of our civilians died from hunger and diseases.

I advise you not to pray or wish for an Igbo-Yoruba war because you might end up as a refugee in Cotonou.

Nuff said.

You're claiming Igbos had no foreign support? Go read your stories wella, the French supported Ojukwu with arms and money
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by olaniyanibukun(m): 9:38pm On Apr 30, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Stop the chest beating already, the war was largely between the East and the North.

You are above yourselves only and not the Igbo. We are are a special race, blessed by God and will always thrive even in the face of daunting challenges, hatred and adversity. Deal with it!

I no know y Awo give una brothers 20 Naira sef? grin
EUROBOMBER:

Stop the chest beating already, the war was largely between the East and the North.

You are above yourselves only and not the Igbo. We are are a special race, blessed by God and will always thrive even in the face of daunting challenges, hatred and adversity. Deal with it!

I no know y Awo give una brothers 20 Naira sef?

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 9:39pm On Apr 30, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

No one is interested in any war, all I can tell you that if we had just half the weapons you had, the outcome would have been different. Go figure..

Believe it or not,even if you had gotten those weapons you so much like to claim as your excuse for losing the war,you would still have lost as you did. You guys are not strategic thinkers. So it did not occur to you that the last presidential election was another 'civil war which you lost again'? Who again determined the outcome of that electoral battle? The Yorubas ! The initial success recorded by Biafran soldiers at the early stage of the war was made possible by a Yoruba commander of Biafran Army,Col Banjo- I expect you as usual to dispute it but there are several books out there about the war.
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by superstar1(m): 9:40pm On Apr 30, 2015
rabzy:

I know about that statement, in fact there was a statement supposedly by ojukwu where he told Awolowo ' egbon month ti lo o'. It would be tough to know all that transpired. Nobody has been able to come up with a document or meeting with witnesses where Awolowo said he would pull the West Away. I am yet to see any interview where Ojukwu said Awolowo made such a pact with him. But even if he did it would have been just been braggado. There was no way he could have pulled it off at that time maybe in 1957 but definitely not 1967 with all the 'wild wild west' killings, the fact that all the power was now in the hands of trigger happy military boys. For me it would have been totally daft to rely on Such a promise if it was even given.

Awolowo suggested secession clause in the constitution in 1957, it was the same y1bos through Zik, in connivance with northerners that opposed it.

Just 9years after, the Niger Deltans declared a Republic but Aguiyi Ironsi, another y1boman quelled their struggle.

In the same 1966, they now tried seceding, hiding under dubious excuse. The same secession they rejected ab initio. The same secession of others that they thwarted.

Bunch of myopic people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by olaniyanibukun(m): 9:40pm On Apr 30, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by FreeGlobe(f): 9:41pm On Apr 30, 2015
timiborokini:

do you know what it means to be cunning?? A lion will never attack its own prey at a glance he can wait for hours just to make a good strategy out of the situation..
u will never understand, u re not part of us.
dont wish to be cunning and a coward.. no way

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Chibest2000(m): 9:45pm On Apr 30, 2015
Hmm! The old man is canvassing for his possible ministerial appointment. Haha..

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by FreeGlobe(f): 9:45pm On Apr 30, 2015
OgagaMic:

lolz, and pls can you go to bayelsa and say "This land belong To Biafra, or u re Biafran, omo my ijaw niggas go smoke u alive, the last tym I check Bayelsa was part of Ojukwu map". don't b scared en , without us u can survive at least una get small chengele oil, unlike d others make b total parasite nor 1 call names

stop tagging SS as Biafra plss, we re nt Biafra, we re Niger Deltans , get tat to ur skull

calling Urhobo minority SMH, we re d 5 largest ethnic group in Nigeria dummy

#Wearenotbiafra,
Again speak for your minority tribe only. Thats not too hard for you to understand. You should be worried about the skirmishes between ijaws and itshekiris in your niger delta instead of poking your nose where you dont belong

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by islandmoon: 9:47pm On Apr 30, 2015
the igbos are known for gra gra! that is why we called them The chest beaters but Yorubas are known for intelligence and tactics that is why Ojukwu failed, imagine just that man dealing with them, he said no other person should fire, if na igbo man he go stand on the bridge with all his soldiers come dey beat chest...heheheheh!
i hope my igbo babe wont get to read this, not my fault dating igbos, they are easy to get, just hold money !! but yoruba girl will scrutinize you and your background, not just about money for yorubas..we value moral and integrity, that was why we voted for buhari but igbos voted for jonah cos he gave them dollars, lots of money..

EUROBOMBER:

Did you read the write up at all? The Biafran soldiers thought that Ore was heavily enforced that is why they did not move beyond that bridge, if they had know that just 129 soldiers were there they would have easily overrun them and head straight for Lagos which was the target.

I laugh hard at the bold part, go and read about Major Okafor and how he completely destroyed Nigerian army second division during the war. We had a lot going against us then that is why we lost the war. If we had just a quarter of the weapons you guys had the outcome would have been different.

Which war did adekunle fight? He was busy shooting women & children within the outskirts of Biafra while the man went forward under Etuk. Do you know that Biafran forces destroyed one-third of adekunle's 3rd marine commando even before he could start operation OAU?

Obasanjo himself took a shot in the arse at some point when he had to flee battle.

5 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by islandmoon: 9:51pm On Apr 30, 2015
Abi this man na IGBO man? how come a coward yoruba man stopped the brave biafra soldiers from entering west? just a man?

and they said yoruba are cowards, is Benjamin Adekunle Ajasin an Igbo man?

is he a coward too?

the igbos should be thanking OBJ for sharing our arms into 3 equal parts and sent some to Enugu, Ibadan and kaduna
if not, igbos will only have sticks and bottles as weapon, i see no reason why they should not be thanking yorubas but instead running their mouth

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by omonnakoda: 9:52pm On Apr 30, 2015
FreeGlobe:

dont wish to be cunning and a coward.. no way
You are empty barbarians.You have never lived in towns before the white men came and found you naked and gave you those baby hats. You villages existed merely for the Efik to harvest slaves from and you can talk of bravery funny cannibal savages!
Cowards do not build empires that extend all the way to Ghana. But having fought serious wars for centuries we know there is an art to fighting without fighting.

In your village jousts it was the Ibo custom to even casualties up after your little skirmishes and so when you came into Nigeria you thought it would be one of those pillow fights .Now you know better

War is not an exercise where you kill 11 on one side and 19 on the other and the losing side makes up the difference in gamely way. Starving people to death was how we fought for centuries. We went and surrounded a town till they died of starvation and surrendered.

That is War 101 which you learnt at very high cost

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by superstar1(m): 9:54pm On Apr 30, 2015
islandmoon:
Abi this man na IGBO man? how come a coward yoruba man stopped the brave biafra soldiers from entering west? just a man?

and they said yoruba are cowards, is Benjamin Adekunle Ajasin an Igbo man?

is he a coward too?

Stop mentioning the name of that guy.

Don't you know he is the Ojuju Calabar of the y1bos?
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by superstar1(m): 9:57pm On Apr 30, 2015
omonnakoda:
You are empty barbarians.You have never lived in towns before the white men came and found you naked and gave you those baby hats. You villages existed merely for the Efik to harvest slaves from and you can tlk of bravery funny cannibal savages!
Cowards do not build empires that extend all the way to Ghana. But having fought serious wars for centuries we know there is an art to fighting without fighting.

In your village jousts it was the Ibo custom to even casualties up after your little skirmishes and so when you came into Nigeria you thought it would be one of those pillow fights .Now you know better

War is not an exercise where you kill 11 on one side and 19 on the other and the losing side makes up the difference in gamely way. Starving people to death was how we fought for centuries. We went and surrounded a town till they died of starvation and surrendered.

That is War 101 which you learnt at very high cost

You are minding those bare chested hamlet square wrestlers.

The best war their forefathers ever fought was fighting over a lady in their hamlet square., while our forefathers were busy acquiring land, expanding our frontiers and building an empire for themselves and their descendants. Our forefathers were building towns that are still standing up till today, whereas theirs only built with stick and grasses.

How do you expect such people to understand the basics of war? They always believe carrying cassava stick to face T72 tanks indicates how brave they are. Sheer dumbos.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by shamecurls(m): 9:57pm On Apr 30, 2015
superstar1:

Stop mentioning the name of that guy.

Don't you know he is the Ojuju Calabar of the y1bos?

roflmao!

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by charlesucheh(m): 9:58pm On Apr 30, 2015
truefact:
Yorubas are visionless. Awolowo never believed in anything that's why he died like nothing. He is coward. He has no choice of his. Zik bring him to nigeria, Gowon kept him in Nigeria even to this days.

Yorubas fight for your own country. ..Nigeria is not a country. ..

It is Yoruba cowardice and timidity that make them want Igbos to remain in Nigeria. Igbos give those cowards a kind of protection and cover from their masters up north. That is why if igbos secede now, yorubas will secede from their Hausa masters.

Yorubas fight for your country. Nigeria is a mere geographical expression. .didn't your hero said that? You lot are lazy cowards with no vision. Your only vision is ND oil

Your hero committed suicide. Your hero is coward who never fight for your freedom. Your hero had no choice of his, remember Zik made him accept nigeria and Gowon made him stay in Nigeria. Your hero believed nothing and die like nothing. ..WHAT A BIG SHAME
This shows you don't read or maybe you're just trying to provoke readers uneccessarily. Awo's Legacy of socialism is like Awo himself living among the westerners. I am saying this cos i benefited whilst am not a yoruba, Can your Igbo counterparts do same or have they? All they know is the OYO(on your own) syndrome living with what OJUKWU stood for till date, i regard this on the part of Ndigbos as being intellectually,creativly and psychologically weak.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (23) (Reply)

Six States Ask Supreme Court to Declare Tinubu’s Victory Null and Void / Bala Mohammed: Empty COVID19 Palliatives Warehouse In Bauchi Opened For Hoodlums / Adeniyi Akintola Steps Down: I'm Sad & I Feel Cheated, But I'll Listen To Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.