Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) (69666 Views)

How Nigerian Soldiers At The Battlefield Communicate With Their Commanders. PICS / Buhari To US: A Refusal To Arm My Troops Cos Of "So-called Human Rights Violat.. / Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by superstar1(m): 11:47pm On Apr 30, 2015
ekenedegreat:
Stop ranting!! the soldiers mentioned were not yorubas rather, they were hausas. Yorubas cannot and will never fight a war due to their cowardice.

See chest beater.

The bottom line is 129 soldiers, led by a yorubaman defeated the marauding Biafra bandits and ended their eternal dream

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by wadetaw202: 11:48pm On Apr 30, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Did you read the write up at all? The Biafran soldiers thought that Ore was heavily enforced that is why they did not move beyond that bridge, if they had know that just 129 soldiers were there they would have easily overrun them and head straight for Lagos which was the target.

I laugh hard at the bold part, go and read about Major Okafor and how he completely destroyed Nigerian army second division during the war. We had a lot going against us then that is why we lost the war. If we had just a quarter of the weapons you guys had the outcome would have been different.

Which war did adekunle fight? He was busy shooting women & children within the outskirts of Biafra while the man went forward under Etuk. Do you know that Biafran forces destroyed one-third of adekunle's 3rd marine commando even before he could start operation OAU?

Obasanjo himself took a shot in the arse at some point when he had to fleein

We all have senses of history. Stop feeding yourself with lies here. It was adekunle and his men that took port Harcourt from the tolo soldiers. The biafrans were so scared and were busy fleeing for dear life that they left many of their guns, government effects, foreign currencies, and barrels of oil in port Harcourt for the Nigeria army to capture. Adekunle was not busy killing women and children; he was busy killing flaaaatheads dressed as soldiers. Except you are saying Biafra men were so weak that they left their women to dress up as soldiers to defend Biafra.

The bolded look more like the kind of ego-boosting stories that defeated and humiliated biafran soldiers used to pacify themselves in drinking joints.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by SirShymexx: 11:49pm On Apr 30, 2015
superstar1:

grin cheesy grin cheesy

How do you expect hamlet square warriors, fighting over Ngozi or Ada, to have a Spartan-like attitude, skill, strategy, wit and mentality.

That is why they could be facing T72 tanks with cassava sticks.

Lol. Don't mind them. They don't understand what warfare is - they think it's like the mgba akpukpa village wrestling they fight in their village square in wrappers and shiit. I guess that was why Ojukwu gave them sticks and stones, and declared to the world that he has the greatest black army ever. Talk about suicidal grandiose delusions. grin

It seems they have also refused to learn from the past hence a lot of them always talk about annexing a land in the middle of another person's territory. These folks are just suicidal. grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Nobody: 11:50pm On Apr 30, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^I keep on hearing this 'ungrateful' line from you knobheads! What exactly should Ndigbo be grateful for and to whom?
I like your question my brother is a very good one.

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Miscellaneous(m): 11:51pm On Apr 30, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

I don't know the Okafor you are talking about but the Biafran commander that completely destroyed Nigerian Army second division at Abagana is Major Okafor. I think Mark Ibeh Okafor.

His name is joe achuzie and not okafor. He is a delta ibo……… that guy proved the most useful asset for ojukwu

3 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by DelticStephEn(f): 11:58pm On Apr 30, 2015
Demmzy15:

Your write-up is crapy and disgusting! There is no need to make noise, just visit the thread I created. Read it carefully and if you aren't satisfied, write a rebuttal! It's more matured than for you to sit and abuse the brave yoruba tribe!

*u don't even know the difference between letter "O" and zero "0" * grin grin

GMB my hero, FAYEMI my role model and Rochas our next Presido! grin

boy relax,no dey shout, I know d yorubas vry well.
they are bunch of Coward just lyk my Igbo brodas frm d east said.
dey don't even dare to bleep around in my delta state.
so make u no dey shout. .
THEIR IS NOTHINQ BRAVE ABOUT D IYORUBA TRIBE.

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by omooba969(m): 12:02am On May 01, 2015
Jokay07:
half of the weapons? Lwkmd grin then why did Ojukwu embark on the mission even after he was begged to stop. You see, you need to start blaming ojukwu for nt being tactical enough and being visionless for wasting lives of my people. He knew he didn't have enough weapons to fully attack the N.A yet, he was so dumb to continue. grin

...and wen ojukwu realised dat it was all over, he fled 9ja leaving his ppl behind to be massacred & also die of starvation n diseases. IMO a true hero stays wit his ppl to serve as inspiration in d midst of war cos fleeing d country broke d spirits of his men & d rest is history.

The problem is dat majority of igbos tend to be in denial & therefore choose to regard ojukwu as a hero. I strongly believe dat ojukwu's secession bid was born out of selfish interest & not of love for his ppl otherwise he wud av considered all dat was @stake e.g innocent lives of children & mothers, destruction of properties & means of livelihood etc. The rest is history.

The igbos really need to look inward & do some soul searching cos we c it time after time dat their audacious ambitions r always misguided & always cost them a lot in d end. No wonder it seems they r often marginalised wen it comes to national affairs.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by xtervaganza(m): 12:07am On May 01, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Did you read the write up at all? The Biafran soldiers thought that Ore was heavily enforced that is why they did not move beyond that bridge, if they had know that just 129 soldiers were there they would have easily overrun them and head straight for Lagos which was the target.

I laugh hard at the bold part, go and read about Major Okafor and how he completely destroyed Nigerian army second division during the war. We had a lot going against us then that is why we lost the war. If we had just a quarter of the weapons you guys had the outcome would have been different.

Which war did adekunle fight? He was busy shooting women & children within the outskirts of Biafra while the man went forward under Etuk. Do you know that Biafran forces destroyed one-third of adekunle's 3rd marine commando even before he could start operation OAU?

Obasanjo himself took a shot in the arse at some point when he had to flee battle.
and still your parents end up being the losers they were destined to be?

Next

Hahahahahaha

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by fuckerholic(m): 12:10am On May 01, 2015
chiefinalowo:
biafran soldiers were visionless..
Can you imagine biafran soldiers were going to the Great Yorubaland to fight Federal Forces with Cassava sticks.
Fool of history,so if you are told that childish lie you cheapishly belive it ? Yorubas are the most unfortunate species of people that happened to nigeria. Ask an hausa man

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by oneeaast: 12:34am On May 01, 2015
Ilekeh:

How many years did we last?

Who did we go to war with? lol Too afraid to confront who? The North? Why should we confront the North? It's like asking Yorubas to confront Egbiras. People don't just wake up to war withi other groups.

Try again. Your rebuttal sucks
yu dnt get d logic...dullard

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Ilekeh(f): 12:38am On May 01, 2015
oneeaast:
yu dnt get d logic...dullard

Please shut the phuck up. No one assigned you an azzlicking position.

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by oneeaast: 12:40am On May 01, 2015
Rotimi47:
that's not true as Ojukwu had an agreement with Awolowo that they will secede from Nigeria at a set time but Ojukwu betrayed him by declaring war before the date, he later told Awolowo that he had to because of the increasing killing of the his people but why did he have to invaded Yoruba land when most Yoruba's were not in support of the war? Greed! If he had waited till the date he & Awo agreed there is no way a civil war will break out but Igbo being self centered always want to prove they are strong or wise & at the end of the day they lost over 2million people.
re u blind or what? yur answer is in page three cos eurobomber has answer it clearly.

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Demmzy15(m): 12:41am On May 01, 2015
DelticStephEn:

OK o, no need to shout! I don't want to turn this thread to a religious or tribal war! Go n try a mean yoruba man, you go know say "ewa" no be "beans" grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by oneeaast: 12:43am On May 01, 2015
Ilekeh:

He still respected Awolowo nevertheless.

No need for explanation, I didn't ask for any.
respect a suicidal who is burning in hell? then yu must be sick and suck.

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by oneeaast: 12:49am On May 01, 2015
handsometokunbo:

Yorubas could have kill all the remaining Igbos then but cos of our kindness.......
what klndness? yorubash re afraid of joining soldier then..
yu hardly see them in d arny tongue

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Duru1(m): 12:58am On May 01, 2015
T9ksy:

Colonel Oyinlade Iluyomade (rtd) is a civil war veteran, renowned for his role in curtailing the onslaught of the Biafran army at Ore, Ondo State.

Your role during the civil war, particularly how you curtailed the onslaught of the Biafran soldiers at Ore has been spoken about by fellow military men like General Alabi Isama, what exactly happened at the war front?

When the civil war commenced around June to July 1967, I was based in Ibadan where I commanded a small unit. [b]But I joined the military in 1952 with Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida and Sani Abacha, [/b]who were my colleagues. I was sent to India for military training to be commissioned as Infantry, that is, to fight wars. The war started from the north, but it got to a point when the Biafran soldiers wanted to break through and conquer the West, they believed that if they conquered the West, it would be easy for them to manoeuvre their way through to the North. So, they wanted to break through Ore into the West, then straight to Lagos. But, at the beginning of August, I was despatched to Ore village to act as Security Officer, to ensure internal security and, to make the civilians aware of the presence of the federal troops. I was there with 33 soldiers. Later, Biafra captured Mid West, and arrived in Benin. This meant that their next target was the West. So I was told by then Colonel Olusegun Obasanjo, who was the Commander in Ibadan, to move to Ore border, which is about 19 miles to Ore village. Then, I moved there that night but I told Obasanjo that I was ill-equipped to curtail the Biafran attack. What can 33 soldiers do? So, he promised to reinforce and he did keep to his promise. Then, our total strength grew to 179 soldiers to defend the place.

I had premonition of danger and when I got to Ore, I deployed my troops towards the Western region. The bridge at Ofosu was the boundary, so I went ahead to survey the area to know the mountainous and forested areas. And I deployed my troops, so if there would be an attack on the West, they would have to cross the bridge. So I safeguarded the bridge and gave my troops instruction not to allow anybody cross over. By that time, there was an instruction that I shouldn’t allow anybody into the West.

After deployment of troops, I rose up from my trench at about 12 midnight, it started to rain heavily, but I told the troops not to leave their trenches. So, we dug in. Then, when I saw the skyline of the vehicles of the Biafran soldiers coming towards us, I shouted that no one should fire except me. And the battle started minutes past midnight. But the bridge was so heavy that they could not penetrate. If they had known that we had a small number, maybe they could have made the effort to penetrate. So we confused them, the place was well secured and we never lost any soldier.

One can deduce from your exploits then that you were proactive and strategic in battle, do you observe such qualities in today’s military operation?

I was the only officer, the others were other ranks so I commanded them. I don’t know how the current Army is deployed and how they work. But, the way I look at them now, I would not want to comment but they know how they operate. But, in our own days, we were tough and well-trained; we were dedicated and had the ability to withstand any odd.

Are these qualities lacking in today’s Army?

I would not say they are lacking. I think money now has a great role to play. Money is used to dampen soldiers’ professionalism. If soldiers know that money is now so much available, you can understand their current thinking. Moreover, those who fought well during the civil war were not compensated. Those that did not fight at all were the ones promoted. Those who ran away were promoted. I would not want to mention names.

I recall you once complained that you were never promoted to the position of a General?

I was not promoted, even to the position of a full Colonel. Maybe because I am a Yoruba man, I can say this boldly anywhere. Look at what happened to late Benjamin Adekunle, for example. Who fought the civil war more than Adekunle? But, he was neglected, Why? The exception was Akinrinade that managed to become the Chief of Army Staff. Ariyo was driven away, someone just placed a letter on his table that he was retired; he never saw the person. What offence did he commit? Just because he was Yoruba; so many Yorubas, like that, were neglected. Nothing was given to us. It is very terrible.

The force is dominated by the north and they want to continue to enjoy the largesse of the military. They claim that Yorubas have many engineers, lawyers, doctors and other professionals hence we should not wrest the military from the Northerners. We are still angry with how we were treated; we just bottled it up. And from the beginning till end of the war, people like me never left the war front. I was one of the five brigade commanders that ended the war.

You have bottled up your anger for so long, is it time for you to let out this anger as you now have a fellow soldier, also from the North, now elected as President?

No, Buhari is a nice man, he is a fellow military man. He is an amiable man, a very nice man, plain-hearted, a gentle man to the core. I know him.

You seem to know Buhari so well, can you tell us more about the Buhari that you know.

I worked with Buhari when we were together in Marine Commando. He was GOS next to the General Officer Commanding and I was Divisional Training Officer, I was training and teaching other ranks. That was where I met Buhari. He was very nice, amiable to people. He was also a wonderful Head of State and he is a disciplinarian. He does not condone nonsense and I love him.

You have claimed to love Buhari so much, however, Nigerians would only love him so well if he lives up to expectations. Do you think he can live up to the high expectations of Nigerians?

Why not? To become a Major, you are well-read, hence you can tackle any problem. Mobolaji Johnson was a Major when he was appointed Administrator of Lagos. To become a major, you would have passed through the Staff College, attended several trainings, taken exams, attended different courses, partook in seminars to brush you up and acquire intelligence. Military men also read personally. I have a personal library where I have good books. I read on military, politics, philosophy among other aspects of life. Winston Churchhill read up to Class 4 and became the Prime Minister of Britain and the whole Commonwealth. And he led the Commonwealth military to victory. Adolf Hitler read only up to Form 2 level and he wanted to conquer and rule the whole world. What audacity other than the fact that he read wide. It is not about having a PhD; what is PhD to us? We read wide.

Do you canvass for the inclusion of retired military men in the new government?

Yes. For example, if I become a minister in Buhari’s government, my ministry will shine. Consider Brigadier General Samuel Ogbemudia in Bendel, he developed Bendel. Which governor has developed Bendel, now Edo State, the way Ogbemudia did till date? None. He was a military man. Back then, money was not the issue, but we fought to win the war. It was about being a real man.

What about fears that the dictatorial tendencies of military men, if largely involved, will be laid bare in our democratic practice?

The world is civilised and there is no more dictatorship. Democracy is practised around the world now. There is no country that practices dictatorship that will progress. A civilian should come up with policies that are beneficial but where the civilians fail, there may be the need for. For example, there is no reason all roads in the country should not be tarred. We should have water, electricity. Why can’t we have adequate power supply in the country? We lack dynamic leaders. We have voted them in now. Rather than for some of them to better the country, they will be after enriching themselves. What for? It is out of lack of imagination. But, I have confidence that Buhari will deliver. I can shout on top of my voice about this.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/content/how-my-troops-stopped-biafran-soldiers-ore-%E2%80%94col-iluyomade-rtd

Ija ore- oleku...........The battle of Ore was fierce!!!

Sometimes it is appropriate to ignore the loudmouthed jackasses from the Yoruba land. However if these dullards are allowed to continuously dwell in their illogical conjectures over a period of time, such moronic endeavors could become de facto truth. It is very shameful that loudmouthed ninny who granted the above interview did not even know when he joined the army. He claimed to have joined Nigerian army with Ibrahim Babangida in 1952. But the fact remains that Babangida was only 11 years old in 1952. The bolded above is fallacy only a Yoruba can conjure.

He also claimed that Lt Col Ayo Ariyo was discharged from army. Nothing could be furtherer form the truth than crap said by this goofy character. Lt Col Ayo Ariyo resigned his commission from Nigerian army because he felt it was wrong to fight Biafrans whom he considered brothers and sisters. In addition, Ariyo was also pained by the manner in which the Fulani, Hausa and Kanuri soldiers were banging rarely seen good looking Yoruba girls in Lagos. It must be recall that Lt Col Ayo Ariyo was the second in command to GOC 3MCDO in Calabar.

There was no doubt that Yoruba peeps cowardly allowed the soldiers from northern region to take control of Nigerian army during the war as the joker indicated in the interview. I must confess that this jackass was not Major Ochefu who commanded the newly formed battle-tested 8th battalion of Nigerian army that harassed a battalion of Biafran soldiers in Ore. At least, this fake acknowledged that Yoruba had joined the war against eastern region before August 8, 1967. Few loudmouthed ingrates from Yoruba land had shamelessly announced the instances of neutrality in the conflict.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by oneeaast: 12:59am On May 01, 2015
FreeGlobe:

when will yorubas fight a single war without hiding behind hausas? when will yoruba reclaim kwara and parts of kogi? smh
lol those ewedu can never ever claimed it til thy kingdom come grin .
amala is too soft to be strong oveenight. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by cbrass(m): 1:03am On May 01, 2015
Hope15:

There is nothing more painful than being checkmated by a pawn.........u fit commit suicide! grin

Bro, I have decided not to comment at all but just read all comments but you really hit me had on this because what you said once happened to me on a game of chess one time like that grin
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by oneeaast: 1:06am On May 01, 2015
OgagaMic:

Lol, mumu, na Igbo constitute 100...

na wa una nor go stop this attachment, lolz, I pity u, think of d itskeri, wenti itskeri 1 do 4 Biafra ?, or isoko our brother ?, lolz, a beg Any SS in d house, tell this fool we re nt Biafra...

Not to talk of Edo, lolz, keep deceiving urself, na force we nor want ooooo, Ijaw used ur head , ijaw re even smarther than u guys, jst so u can vote GEJ, ask ojukwu e go tell u wenti Urhobo soldiers show am, we finish dem, tat y gowon came to sapele to tank us for our support Reference http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/day-gowon-invaded-urhobo-land/

keep Deceiving yourself. No SS will b in ur Biafra, d earlier u know d better 4 u. , if una try am, problem,

parasites tribe all over naija, Hausa/yolober want 1 Nigeria, Igbo want to claim us as part of Biafra,.... Smh,..... we GI shock una ,,,,, we wanna b alone,

Outside tat I they plan to bomb 1 pipeline make dey my area, since our militant don start,, no peace 4 Buhari, No oil 4 parasite tribe
yu sound like a fool.
sory try the other way..urhoboboi or wayo
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by handsometokunbo: 1:08am On May 01, 2015
ekenedegreat:
Calculating on how to partake on the share of another man's resources(oil) that is why yoruba pple are insisting on one nigeria becos yorubas are nothing without our oil if you doubt me, ask dangote.
Military wise, yorubas are nothing but cowards that cannot and will never fight a war because they will not survive it that is the fact.

Haven't you heard or read about how your chest beating forefathers were maimed, kicked and mercilessly killed by the same Yoruba soldiers you cowards.

The Biafra committed suicide the moment your progenitors decided to dare Yorubas by coming towards West.

We Yorubas don't just fight out of emotion just like your senseless and worthless progenitors; we fight logically.

How do you expect Yorubas leaders to waste the precious destinies of Yorubas youth when Ibadan and Lagos were filled up with Hausas/Fulanis soldiers with Hausa/Fulanis commanding officers you slowpoke?

You fools were able to start your senseless war cos your military progenitors had all ran down to South East with their small penis wiggling in between their legs. And even at that, your best warrior in your first ever war took to his heels and ran like typical freaking pussy ugly mofo he was.

If he wasn't a coward, he would have stayed and fought like a man and great warriors around the world. A rebel ll always be a mere rebel.

300 military Igbo officers were killed just one night and you fools still went ahead and served your hausa/Fulani masters in 1979 by forming political alliance with your nightmare-Hausas/Fulanis.

Yorubas ll never be in the same league with you now and forever. We are way way ahead of you mosquitoes and that is why Yorubas don't come to freaking God forsaken hell hole called East.

Keep coming to the West you flatty immigrants, but sooner than you thought; @ the right time, 80% of you ll become asylum seekers living at mercy of Yorubas immigration officers at deportation camp in Odua nation.

At last election, you went into the election with the same Biafra war failed template(drooling, whining, ugly mofos with EMOTION) but only for you Igbos to get your ass whipped by the same Yorubas.

We ll continue to teach you dimwits the lesson of your freaking miserable and worthless lives militarily and politically.

I pity you mofos living in South West when the war you are asking for kicks in. I ll see how your foolish low-lifer brothers in the East would come to your aid with our gallant men at our borders. If we share borders, that would have saved your sorry ass from getting whipped but with Midwest in between us, your case is settled in the grave.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by oneeaast: 1:14am On May 01, 2015
Ilekeh:

Please shut the phuck up. No one assigned you an azzlicking position.
yu just reminded me that yoruba girls re too diety.infact they stink esp the fat ones.. grin
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by oneeaast: 1:17am On May 01, 2015
OgagaMic:

a beg itskeri make una run cum Ooo .... kai, na wa Ooo, Nor let Itskeri man hear tat word, dem never form alliance with Yoruba finish na una Igbo, lolz

hahahahaha, Biafra can't survive without SS, lolz, na wa ooioo, Igbo thief, don't 4get I live in warri, ijaw don't even go deer. , u Igbo girl from east 1 cum decide our unity, Lol hahajaha, nothing I nor go ever see, hahahahaha, Lol, babe u funny, hahahahah , 20kiss 4 u, u made my day, hahaha, itsekiri Ni, itskeri kor,

Itskeri na Our brother share d same boundary, customs, ask any itskeri man e go tell u , my aunt is an itskiri woman, even after our conflict concerning warri we re still 1, u don't insult my itskiri frnd were I am, we go fight die, thief ogA cum claim SS na, we go bomb una entire race, lolz. keep on attaching,

u made my day, lolz. , Urhobo never support Biafra finish na itskeri..... na wa Ooo, a beg read about d itsekiri people, thief na were oil they una dey target,, i ijaw man support Biafra , girl wake up. , don't b deceive by tat lowerNiger crap
why is your post as useless as yu re...
pls go and join commedians from warri and leave business minded guys frm d east..ediat
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by DozieInc(m): 1:23am On May 01, 2015
why is col. Iluyomade complaining about the (mis)treatment of Yoruba officers, who actively participated in the Nigeria-Biafra war by their Hausa/Fulani masters?
True Biafra lost the war, but the technological and scientific ingenuity showcased by Biafra, has never been surpassed by any African nation. Biafra made rubbish of the western psych that africans are a bunch of retards by proving that a nation is as good as the other.
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by brutef0rce101: 1:23am On May 01, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Obasanjo himself took a shot in the arse at some point when he had to flee battle.

That quote is a barefaced lies. Go and read more books abouts about "Operation Tiger Claw" then you will edit that lie.

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Nobody: 1:23am On May 01, 2015
DelticStephEn:

Except that it took only 129 of them to bring down a biafran battalion. What will convince you of their bravery? The death of Biafra will remain a testament to their bravery.

4 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Shirley07: 1:24am On May 01, 2015
eduj:

gbam u don drop am.alexander the great died of a drink related illness not battle wounds.if ur a catholic check the ist book of maccabees or just google it.dont just distort historical facts to score a cheap point.
abegi make i ask u didnt the black scorpion escape wen owerri was liberated en his troops routed?
didnt ibb escape the greatest ambush of the biafran war?y shuldnt ojukwu escape?
They didn't run away from the country though, moreso when their people were being obliterated.
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Nobody: 1:26am On May 01, 2015
DozieInc:
why is col. Iluyomade complaining about the (mis)treatment of Yoruba officers, who actively participated in the Nigeria-Biafra war by their Hausa/Fulani masters?
True Biafra lost the war, but the technological and scientific ingenuity showcased by Biafra, has never been surpassed by any African nation. Biafra made rubbish of the western psych that africans are a bunch of retards by proving that a nation is as good as the other.

You Biafrans can lie. Those funny looking tanks biafrans made were clobbered together from scraps bought in the international market. What happened to the foundries when those parts were made? Did Benjamin Adekunle shoot at them too?

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by xenten: 1:27am On May 01, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

If you are ever a student of history, you will realize that the very same reason Biafra went to war was the same reason they lost. Pride, too much more brawn than brains and stupid misplaced ambition. Read accounts of Igbo military leaders (The Nigerian Revolution and the Biafran War(Alex Madiebo)) and Chris Ali's The Federal Republic of the Nigerian Army.

For those of you who believe in the divisiveness of Nigeria, best of luck. But I tell you that the better condition you think you will get by going your own ways, you will never get it. Because the pride, the greed, the nepotism and personal ambitions plaguing the individual nations in Nigeria will still be the bane of such dream about any utopian Nation.

The war was uncalled for. Ojukwu provoked the war, but sadly, innocent children and women paid for it.

5 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Shirley07: 1:31am On May 01, 2015
doxime:
whats with yoruba obsession with Biafra.
the crisis of the sixties was mainly between the North and the Easterners but you hardly hear the Northerners talk about Biafra but once the yoruba hear anything about Biafra,Ibo or Ojukwu they go into frenzy.
whats all this.
this thread will soon get to page 20.

Because they were the one that actually fought Biafra. Talk of Awolowo's brain tactic or the great scorpion's resilience and many more.

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by xenten: 1:33am On May 01, 2015
DelticStephEn:

Because we allow you to stay and thrive in our land does not mean we are cowards. We love peace and progress that is why we are more developed than you and your brothers. With all the oil wealth that flows from your lands, you guys still live in creeks and on stagnant stinking ponds of waters. You fight and kill your own people all because of silly greed in the name of nepotistic visions of you controlling your oils. Where are those you silly brothers agitating for realization of the Niger-Delta dreams. They are now so fat they dont want to die. I even thought you guys threatened "No Jonathan No Nigeria"? bunch of disillusioned drunken wrapper tying losers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Ilekeh(f): 1:35am On May 01, 2015
oneeaast:
yu just reminded me that yoruba girls re too diety. infact they stink esp the fat ones.. grin

Ironic, coming from an Igbo boy.
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Ilekeh(f): 1:36am On May 01, 2015
xenten:

If you are ever a student of history,

99% of them are not. They're just noisemakers and chestbeaters.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (23) (Reply)

Assassination Attempt On Ekweremadu / Aisha And President Buhari Hug As Buhari Returns From UK (Pic) / Breaking : Buhari's Imposter Has Been Caught (aminu Jibril Of Sudan)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.