Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) (69465 Views)

How Nigerian Soldiers At The Battlefield Communicate With Their Commanders. PICS / Buhari To US: A Refusal To Arm My Troops Cos Of "So-called Human Rights Violat.. / Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 30, 2015
BlackTechnology:

You mean Adekunle whose troops were reduced from 35000 to 300 in one month

Or

OBJ who lost 1000 troops in 1hr grin

Guy Nigerian Military lost more than 500000 soldiers.

Check records. cool

Bruh, jokes aside, everyone knows N.A lost a lot of personnels during the war but it was war, it happens.

Adekunle B was no super hero, he lost some and won many.

A numbrr of books have said Obasanjo did not do much during the war and only brought the plate when the food was ready

3 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 30, 2015
vicadex07:

Lol...I doubt if he will be able to reply me again. Am waiting for him to do that though, if he has the courage grin. Am ready to beat him and all the forces of biafra to retreat again all by myself grin

Lmao!
My brother, efi suruu si o.
E ma di black scorpion wi wan lorun o

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by T9ksy(m): 5:04pm On Apr 30, 2015
khamas19:

...let us not forget that they were also the first bokoharam of Nigeria...pencinema bombing comes to mind...

Thanks fo r that reminder, ojare! Moreover, who were the likely victims of that bombing? Yorubas
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Mogidi: 5:22pm On Apr 30, 2015
They almost got to Lagos to capture the seat of power.

Remind me how many regions were fighting Biafra again?

Got it, the entire regions bar one.

[size=15pt]1 million Gbosa to Biafran soldiers[/size] I hail una.

If only our fathers had the hindsight Ojukwu had, the SS would now be rivalling Dubai.
What a missed opportunity.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by shamecurls(m): 5:30pm On Apr 30, 2015
Biafrans never lost the war, they killed themselves

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by shamecurls(m): 5:31pm On Apr 30, 2015
Self destruction

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Ephemmm: 5:32pm On Apr 30, 2015
truefact:
Yorubas are visionless. Awolowo never believed in anything that's why he died like nothing. He is coward. He has no choice of his. Zik bring him to nigeria, Gowon kept him in Nigeria even to this days.

Yorubas fight for your own country. ..Nigeria is not a country. ..

It is Yoruba cowardice and timidity that make them want Igbos to remain in Nigeria. Igbos give those cowards a kind of protection and cover from their masters up north. That is why if igbos secede now, yorubas will secede from their Hausa masters.

Yorubas fight for your country. Nigeria is a mere geographical expression. .didn't your hero said that? You lot are lazy cowards with no vision. Your only vision is ND oil

Your hero committed suicide. Your hero is coward who never fight for your freedom. Your hero had no choice of his, remember Zik made him accept nigeria and Gowon made him stay in Nigeria. Your hero believed nothing and die like nothing. ..WHAT A BIG SHAME

This tribalistic bigot is here again! It is a pity how bitterness and regret have been following you all the days of your life...

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Ilekeh(f): 5:32pm On Apr 30, 2015
And they want to try it again.

Yorubas can strategize....... they use their brain. They think before acting lol.

How APC a newly aligned opposition party was able to win PDP, the largest political party in AFRICA in less than 4 years is BEYONDDDDD me. Guess who was behind APC, a Yoruba man.

Buhari campaigned since 2003......lost 3 times...... he won when he aligned with who? APC. Thanks to which region? YORUBA grin

I'd fear Yorubas too. Explains why Igbos want Yorubas to war with Hausas-Fulani. That's why they agitate for Yorubas to "fight for their own country". This is our country....and we will continue to fight for NIGERIA.

Until Yorubas want no more Nigeria, nothing go happen.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by shamecurls(m): 5:33pm On Apr 30, 2015
Suicidal war

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Ephemmm: 5:35pm On Apr 30, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

What you are saying makes no sense. It is even said that Nigeria suffered heavier military losses than Biafra despite the fact that your side was heavily armed by Britain & Russia. Most of our civilians died from hunger and diseases.

I advise you not to pray or wish for an Igbo-Yoruba war because you might end up as a refugee in Cotonou.

Nuff said.

U died of hunger and diseases! Una no get oil as at that time to drink and eat as medication and food respectively?
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Ilekeh(f): 5:35pm On Apr 30, 2015
I doubt Yoruba numbers can ever reduce.

Our women keep popping our multiple births and our people live long. tongue

I am proud to be a Yoruba person. smiley

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by IYANGBALI: 5:37pm On Apr 30, 2015
Kai Igbo no go like this history lesson at all at all and dem go hate the history teacher. Now I know why those Igbos hate us pass devil grin #proudlyngbatingbati tongue

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Ilekeh(f): 5:37pm On Apr 30, 2015
Mogidi:
They almost got to Lagos to capture the seat of power.

Remind me how many regions were fighting Biafra again?

Got it, the entire regions bar one.

[size=15pt]1 million Gbosa to Biafran soldiers[/size] I hail una.

If only our fathers had the hindsight Ojukwu had, the SS would now be rivalling Dubai.
What a missed opportunity.

Just as Nigeria is able to win war against boko haram?

wink For how many years now?

Guerilla tactics. Bokoharam members will soon start spewing the same trash you're spewing.

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 30, 2015
T9ksy:

http://tribuneonlineng.com/content/how-my-troops-stopped-biafran-soldiers-ore-%E2%80%94col-iluyomade-rtd

Ija ore- oleku...........The battle of Ore was fierce!!!
ehe biko nwanne this interview isnt complete if i dont ask u this question.
which position are u lobbying buhari to appiont you to?
mtchew biafran army was stopped by the betrayal of a colonel banjo(the reason many igbo guys cant trust a yoruba)
European and Russian weapons en of course Egyptian en Syrian pilots.(abi this set up of nations resemble a un mission)
en of course the vibrant economic policies of awolowo(hear say him commit suicide after em no get enuf oil wells)

3 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by IYANGBALI: 5:39pm On Apr 30, 2015
Ilekeh:
I doubt Yoruba numbers can ever reduce.

Our women keep popping our multiple births and our people live long. tongue

I am proud to be a Yoruba person. smiley
yes o. #proudlyamalagbegirianderanogufe

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by dokunbam(m): 5:39pm On Apr 30, 2015
Interesting

am watching in 4D
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 30, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Did you read the write up at all? The Biafran soldiers thought that Ore was heavily enforced that is why they did not move beyond that bridge, if they had know that just 129 soldiers were there they would have easily overrun them and head straight for Lagos which was the target.

I laugh hard at the bold part, go and read about Major Okafor and how he completely destroyed Nigerian army second division during the war. We had a lot going against us then that is why we lost the war. If we had just a quarter of the weapons you guys had the outcome would have been different.

Which war did adekunle fight? He was busy shooting women & children within the outskirts of Biafra while the man went forward under Etuk. Do you know that Biafran forces destroyed one-third of adekunle's 3rd marine commando even before he could start operation OAU?

Obasanjo himself took a shot in the arse at some point when he had to flee battle.
haba guy, I don't agree with the highlighted part of your comment. About 5/6 nations supported biafra army with weapons, intelligence and other things as france being the leader.. Please try and get yourself an authenticated documentary of the Nigeria/biafra war and watch.. Btw you can see some in youtube while some are with Nigeria archives. Visit libraries also. These things are there is just that many of us(nigerians) are too lazy to carry out any research. Try and do this when you are less busy, you will really be enlightened

5 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Ilekeh(f): 5:40pm On Apr 30, 2015
IYANGBALI:
yes o. #proudlyamalagbegirianderanogufe

Proudly!

Proudly #amalaandewedu grin It makes us strong.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Nobody: 5:42pm On Apr 30, 2015
Alphaoscar:
Going back through the memory lane.

We do not need this nonsense reminder at this hour of good riddance for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by IYANGBALI: 5:44pm On Apr 30, 2015
Ilekeh:

Proudly!

Proudly #amalaandewedu grin It makes us strong.
gba be
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by hardbody: 5:45pm On Apr 30, 2015
BabaO2:
I am beginning to understand, there was no war, but a greedy dissident moving train set on motion from God foresaken land was stopped and destroyed from entering the canan land of Nigeria. No wonder they will forever bitter. Same way they are still bitter that SW voted out a daft.

This baba is demented. He lied when he said the war started from the North. At that point i stopped reading his ramblings. The first gun shot during the war was at Garkem. As a keen student of history, i had to investigate after serious research and found at that Garkem is in Northern Cross River, Immediately after Ogoja. I had the chance of visiting there while i was working with a Telecom Giant.

Secondly I have read several texts, including those written by intellectuals from the west where it was stated that the Biafran Soldiers sought for a peaceful passage through the said Ore as they had no intentions of engaging with anyone in a battle, but some people refused (I cannot remember their names now). They cited reasons i felt made sense as to why they should not use Ore or yorubaland as a launch pad. Where is this one now coming from and seeking cheap relevance? A security man now claims he should have been made a General? Na wa oo.

His mates are trekking from Ore to Kaduna to get a presidential handshake, he is here weaving tales pulled out from his God knows where

5 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Ilekeh(f): 5:45pm On Apr 30, 2015
Yorubas standing strong:

Brazil
Togo
Benin
Cuba
Haiti
Dominican Republic
Nigeria
Ghana

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by koladebrainiac(m): 5:45pm On Apr 30, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Did you read the write up at all? The Biafran soldiers thought that Ore was heavily enforced that is why they did not move beyond that bridge, if they had know that just 129 soldiers were there they would have easily overrun them and head straight for Lagos which was the target.

I laugh hard at the bold part, go and read about Major Okafor and how he completely destroyed Nigerian army second division during the war. We had a lot going against us then that is why we lost the war. If we had just a quarter of the weapons you guys had the outcome would have been different.

Which war did adekunle fight? He was busy shooting women & children within the outskirts of Biafra while the man went forward under Etuk. Do you know that Biafran forces destroyed one-third of adekunle's 3rd marine commando even before he could start operation OAU?

Obasanjo himself took a shot in the arse at some point when he had to flee battle.
you love to amuse yourself... how many army are there in igbo army? you guys were spread thin. you wanted to capture west,north?? you could just have stayed in your region, and fight nigeria army. you could have built garrison, war post and fence and cut off the army and nigeria. infact buy then the war would have lasted for many years and nigeria army would be so tired and exhausted .. but you guys were not so smart, never smart. to think you would defeat the nigerian army in there own backyard is very un reasonable to. very primitive warfare and yes , you guys lost

5 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Mogidi: 5:46pm On Apr 30, 2015
Ilekeh:

Guerilla tactics. Bokoharam members will soon start spewing the same trash you're spewing.

This girl you come dey follow me? Anyway I will put your name on my the waiting list, na turn by turn. Get it?
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by shamecurls(m): 5:47pm On Apr 30, 2015
Those that clamour for it never heard a story about it. They were only told about the struggles and not the deaths

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by tonychristopher: 5:49pm On Apr 30, 2015
BUT WHY DID THIS MAN SAY ALL THESE WHEN OJUKWU AND MEN THAT FOUGHT WARS WERE ALIVE, WHY IS THIS COMING UP NOW, WELL I HAVE SEEN HIS HEROICS, THEY PRODUCED GENERALS THAT CRIED

The Biafran army was a rag-tag hurriedly trained group, blockaded, barely armed and without food. Yet in spite of these daunting odds, they engaged a Nigerian army that was both numerically superior and brimming with an endless flow of sophisticated weapons supplied by Great Britain and Russia amongst others in deadly combat for almost three years.

A look at other historic battles would confirm the celebrated gallantry of the Biafran soldier. By the beginning of the 2nd world war in 1939, France was a world power who had one of the largest established armies in the world. In preparation for the much-expected German invasion, the French had also constructed the famous "Maginot line" which was an impregnable defensive fortress. German forces eventually attacked France on the 5th of June 1940; by the 25th of June 1940 France had capitulated. It is instructive to note that In spite of the formidable defensive armada, and a well trained heavily armed French army, it took just about three weeks for the German forces to defeat the French.

On the 1st of September 1939 German forces had also similarly attacked Poland. By the 6th of October 1939 Poland had surrendered. The war had lasted only five weeks. Even more spectacular was the German conquest of Holland, which began on the 10th of May 1940, by the 15th of May 1940, only five days, Holland had surrendered. Indeed it took the Germans less than a total of four months to conquer the whole of mainland Europe.

Israeli exploits in the volatile Middle East are another example of exceptional military prowess. Between the 5th of June and the 10th of June 1967, the Israeli army engaged a combination of the whole Arab armies and defeated them in just six days in what is now famously known as "the six day war." In another Arab, Israeli conflict known as the Yom Kippur war from the 6th of October to the 26th of October 1973, Israeli armed forces once again defeated a combination of Arab armies in just three weeks.

In all of these conflicts, it is instructive to note that the conflict was between well-armed and established armies. In the case of Biafra, the Nigerian armed forces confronted a rag-tag army, which was virtually unarmed and lacking food, yet in spite of these overwhelming disadvantages, the Nigerian army failed to score a victory in a full-scale war for three years. It is indeed a great testament to the gallantry and doggedness of the Biafran soldier, that whereas well armed French, Belgian, Dutch troops, Arab armies etc capitulated in conflict in a matter of days and weeks, the Biafran soldier without food or arms, fighting almost with his bare hands, withstood the heavily armed Nigerian armed forces in a historic full-scale war for close to three years. As the philosopher George Edward Woodberry said, "Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure." Join me in celebrating the Biafran soldier!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Brugo(m): 5:49pm On Apr 30, 2015

Their fathers were defeated. The sons were defeated on March 28 2015. They will not hold any federal power unless by the mercy of the very ones they despise.

Defeated people.

3 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 30, 2015
Oduduwaboy:

Okay . I understand now . But dont forget that one of the greatest war Generals of all time , Alexander the Great died of injuries he sustained at the warfront ! The Igbos can keep canonizing a failed General then if it makes them feel cool . Cheers !
gbam u don drop am.alexander the great died of a drink related illness not battle wounds.if ur a catholic check the ist book of maccabees or just google it.dont just distort historical facts to score a cheap point.
abegi make i ask u didnt the black scorpion escape wen owerri was liberated en his troops routed?
didnt ibb escape the greatest ambush of the biafran war?y shuldnt ojukwu escape?

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Ilekeh(f): 5:50pm On Apr 30, 2015
Mogidi:

This girl you come dey follow me? Anyway I will put your name on my the waiting list, na turn by turn. Get it?

Ilekeh:

Don't worry, Boko haram will soon join y'all to post rubbish. Biafra lasted 3 years, Boko haram lasted.....is still there.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Peter Obi Thanks Obidients For Abuja Rally (Pictures) / Obasanjo Commissions Dantinajo Hotels And Resort Oleh In Delta (Photos) / Sanusi Lamido: I Can Return As Emir, If I Wish (Video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.