Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

What Will You Say Is Nigeria's Problem - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Will You Say Is Nigeria's Problem (2650 Views)

In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? / Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone / Is Nigeria's Problem Bad Leadership Or Weak "followership"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will You Say Is Nigeria's Problem by cyriluzo(m): 7:10pm On Feb 03, 2009
Hello House, there is a general notion that once a problem is identified, resolving that problem is the next easy logical step with the problem identified.

My question is What really do we Nigerians feel is the problem of the country. Some will say leadership, others will say our diversity is the problem. Still others say it is Oil that is our problem while some will say its colonialism. I do have a pretty different opinion- The people, thats what i feel is the problem of this country. What do you think?
Re: What Will You Say Is Nigeria's Problem by Kobojunkie: 7:16pm On Feb 03, 2009
The Nigerian People!
Re: What Will You Say Is Nigeria's Problem by mustafar1: 7:19pm On Feb 03, 2009
NIGERIANS! all of them, no exception. ME INCLUDED!
Re: What Will You Say Is Nigeria's Problem by mustafar1: 7:21pm On Feb 03, 2009
OH KOBO beat me to it
Re: What Will You Say Is Nigeria's Problem by oderemo(m): 7:26pm On Feb 03, 2009
the problems with nigeria is that it is full of nigerians.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Say Is Nigeria's Problem by blacksta(m): 7:28pm On Feb 03, 2009
Nigerians are big COWARDS with a mind set " i am constantly weak and will accept any abnormality"
Re: What Will You Say Is Nigeria's Problem by jamace(m): 7:33pm On Feb 03, 2009
The problem with Nigeria is nigerians. Nigerians have turned every good (positive) thing to evil (negative) and now accept evil as good. angry
Re: What Will You Say Is Nigeria's Problem by Charlesmud(m): 7:34pm On Feb 03, 2009
I am happy Nigerians are starting to know part of the truth of the problem, YES I agree Nigerians are part of the problem but we should also know that when a car is mixed with petrol and kerosine as fuel, how do you expect the car or cars to act ?

We have to understand that bad leadership is the origination of the problems that comes from Nigeria, Hitler said and the Germans follow. If we have good leaders, we also will come out to be a good citizen.

So now, how can we tell ourselfs the truth and do something positive.
Re: What Will You Say Is Nigeria's Problem by Kobojunkie: 7:34pm On Feb 03, 2009
must_a_far:

OH KOBO beat me to it

lol. . . . Even when you resolve to fight the problem as a Nigerias, you will have to deal with the biggest stumbling block of all, and that is the Nigerian people too.
Re: What Will You Say Is Nigeria's Problem by Kobojunkie: 7:38pm On Feb 03, 2009
Charlesmud:

I am happy Nigerians are starting to know part of the truth of the problem, YES I agree Nigerians are part of the problem but we should also know that when a car is mixed with a fuel petrol and kerosine, how do you expect the car or cars to act ?

Who allowed fuel-kerosene mixture in the car in the first place? The Nigerian People !

Who will stop fuel-kerosene mixture from getting into the car? The Nigerian People!

Charlesmud:

We have to understand that bad leadership is the origination or the problems that comes from Nigeria, Hitler said and the Germans follow. If we have good leaders, we also will come out to be a good citizen.

So now, how can we tell ourselfs the truth and do something positive.

Who allowed those bad leaders in the first place ? The Nigerian People !

Who continues to allow/Support and even elect those bad people in ? he Nigerian people !

Who is going to have to make sure that we get good leaders and no more the old trash ? The Nigerian people!

So, my friend, whichever was you want to dice this, we are our own biggest problem and only we can salvage the situation in that country.
Re: What Will You Say Is Nigeria's Problem by Charlesmud(m): 7:42pm On Feb 03, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Who allowed fuel-kerosene mixture in the car in the first place? The Nigerian People !

Who will stop fuel-kerosene mixture from getting into the car? The Nigerian People!

Who allowed those bad leaders in the first place ? The Nigerian People !

Who continues to allow/Support and even elect those bad people in ? he Nigerian people !

Who is going to have to make sure that we get good leaders and no more the old trash ? The Nigerian people!

So, my friend, whichever was you want to dice this, we are our own biggest problem and only we can salvage the situation in that country.

You should know some of this your whos are not just Nigerians alone.

Who will stop fuel-kerosene mixture from getting into the car? The british

Who allowed those bad leaders in the first place ? The british

So I believe the rest lies in our hands, and YES we Nigerians are major cuase and we have to change our ways and do something positive.
Re: What Will You Say Is Nigeria's Problem by Kobojunkie: 7:58pm On Feb 03, 2009
Charlesmud:

Do the British go with you everytime you go to fill up your car at the gas station? shocked

Charlesmud:

Na the British allow Yar adua and Obasanjo again? You mean say Babangida, and the others who now run around up in ASO Rock are courtesy of the British? shocked

Charlesmud:
So I believe the rest lies in our hands, and YES we Nigerians are major cuase and we have to change our ways and do something positive.

All this way you dey yarn so na wetin them dey call COPOUT!! Stop passing the Buck and accept full responsibility for the decay called Nigeria. We did it to ourselves and we continue to do it in here. Na the British dey edit forum threads to include posts from people who claim that Nigeria is in a wonderful state?
Re: What Will You Say Is Nigeria's Problem by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 03, 2009
Charlesmud:

Most ridiculous statement ever.
The whiteman this, Bush that, the british this, americans that.

Oh nigerians. . . . . wake up!!!!! angry
Re: What Will You Say Is Nigeria's Problem by blacksta(m): 8:00pm On Feb 03, 2009
ode remo:

the problems with nigeria is that it is full of nigerians.

Let me help you finish your statement

corrupt,immoral,untrustworthy,motionless,limited scope,crooks,fraudsters,visionless and gullible
Re: What Will You Say Is Nigeria's Problem by oderemo(m): 8:04pm On Feb 03, 2009
Oh nigerians. . . . . wake up

oh you beat me yo that. [table]wait for that becomepoor to slide in.[/table]
Re: What Will You Say Is Nigeria's Problem by Charlesmud(m): 8:07pm On Feb 03, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Do the British go with you everytime you go to fill up your car at the gas station? shocked
Na the British allow Yar adua and Obasanjo again? You mean say Babangida, and the others who now run around up in ASO Rock are courtesy of the British? shocked

All this way you dey yarn so na wetin them dey call COPOUT!! Stop passing the Buck and accept full responsibility for the decay called Nigeria. We did it to ourselves and we continue to do it in here. Na the British dey edit forum threads to include posts from people who claim that Nigeria is in a wonderful state?

Why you mention everytime, when I simply said they are part of the originated problems

I didnt say british caused everything, but we should know that they brought this system of ruling and putting in some major people in country just for their favour to have accesc to resources.

Not them that did OBJ or Yar'dua but its the lagacy they gave, my people se una blind to notice that Britain only complain about Nigeria corruption but dont do anything about it but they could intervein in some other African countries.

YES we Nigerians are part of the problems also and infact Nigeria make a major role in the undevelopment and we need to educate ourselve and believe in oursleve to be able to do something positive for our country.
Re: What Will You Say Is Nigeria's Problem by chidichris(m): 8:10pm On Feb 03, 2009
we all can never be wrong the same time.
in the game of football, coaches take praises when their teams are playing well and they get fired when ever their teams are doing badly.
the same group of players can do better under a different coach and that is why the coach is the leader of the team.

there is always the leaders and the lead. somebody have been given the resposibilities of making laws, implementing them and punishing the law breakers.

under obj alone, two communities were wiped out and till date nothing was done or even said in respect to that. the death and inability to trace the killers of the country's attorney general proved how secured an ordinary citizen was.

the illegal sales and share of govt properties by the so called leaders has absolutely nothing to do with the ordinary nigerians. how did the masses err. we are known for our industrious lives trying to survive without the govt.

before we took the blame for voting in the wrong people, today, nobody is voting in anybody. the leaders select among themselves overlooking the interests of others.

for now, someone must accept responsibility for the situation in nigeria and that person is no other than obj.
obj sole handedly took charge of nigeria for 8 uninterupted years and sole handedly select almost all the present leaders. whatever the situation in nigeria today, is a product of ottah farms.

2011 will soon be here and ottah farm has started holding meetings in respect to who will be where?
if obj can decide to stay away totally from politics and give chance to nigerians to choose their leaders and move on their own, i strongly believe that progress will surely come.
Re: What Will You Say Is Nigeria's Problem by Nobody: 8:18pm On Feb 03, 2009
chidichris:

we all can never be wrong the same time.
in the game of football, coaches take praises when their teams are playing well and they get fired when ever their teams are doing badly.
the same group of players can do better under a different coach and that is why the coach is the leader of the team.

there is always the leaders and the lead. somebody have been given the resposibilities of making laws, implementing them and punishing the law breakers.

under obj alone, two communities were wiped out and till date nothing was done or even said in respect to that. the death and inability to trace the killers of the country's attorney general proved how secured an ordinary citizen was.

the illegal sales and share of govt properties by the so called leaders has absolutely nothing to do with the ordinary nigerians. how did the masses err. we are known for our industrious lives trying to survive without the govt.

before we took the blame for voting in the wrong people, today, nobody is voting in anybody. the leaders select among themselves overlooking the interests of others.

for now, someone must accept responsibility for the situation in nigeria and that person is no other than obj.
obj sole handedly took charge of nigeria for 8 uninterupted years and sole handedly select almost all the present leaders. whatever the situation in nigeria today, is a product of ottah farms.

2011 will soon be here and ottah farm has started holding meetings in respect to who will be where?
if obj can decide to stay away totally from politics and give chance to nigerians to choose their leaders and move on their own, i strongly believe that progress will surely come.

After reading your essay; i decided to make a u-turn.

I hereby apologize to charlselmud for seeing his post as ridiculous. I rather agree with him that the british is the problem with nigeria than thinking of your ideas on why OBJ is the problem with nigeria.
Re: What Will You Say Is Nigeria's Problem by Kobojunkie: 8:18pm On Feb 03, 2009
Charlesmud:

Why you mention everytime, when I simply said they are part of the originated problems

But the answers to those questions ought to show they are not even part of the problem.

Charlesmud:
 I didnt say british caused everything, but we should know that they brought this system of ruling and putting in some major people in country just for their favour to have accesc to resources.

What they did to us, has been done to most every race and people on this planet, even the british themselves. Do you hear americans going on and on about how their country is bad because of the british? Do you hear the japanese complaining of the same? Or the Indians? Come on!!

Charlesmud:

Not them that did OBJ or Yar'dua but its the lagacy they gave, my people se una blind to notice that Britain only complain about Nigeria corruption but dont do anything about it but they could intervein in some other African countries.

Britain is currently building it's legacy up there in the UK as we speak, while you are busy blaming them and claiming Nigeria is there legacy. How often do you hear the international community mention Britain everytime Nigeria is mentioned? If you take a poll, most people out here do not even know that Nigeria was once a british colony. You think they care about your whining after over almost 50 years since they gave you back your burden to bear on your own ? Wake UP, mister!

Why should Britain INTERVENE? Is Nigeria not big enough to bear it's own Burden? The population in britain is not even half our own but you want them to come fight our battles for us? Na mumu we be? ( DON'T ANSWER THAT) roflmao!!!

Charlesmud:
YES we Nigerians are part of the problems also and infact Nigeria make a major role in the undevelopment and we need to educate ourselve and believe in oursleve to be able to do something positive for our country.

We Nigerians are the only problem in that country. Those you label bad leaders happen to come from our midst, if you have not thought of that. They were raised by Nigerian mothers and fathers and went to Nigerian schools and hung out in Nigerian societies before they were employed by the Nigerian people to lead and so what they bring out speaks of what we have in our societies and have so far not been willing to deal with. Why do you speak of them as if they are aliens, and not of us?
Re: What Will You Say Is Nigeria's Problem by BOSS7: 8:35pm On Feb 03, 2009
Charlesmud:

Come on dude, the Brits left the shores of Nigeria (as commanders) more than 49years ago and so if we Nigerians love each other the way the Brits love themselves (not all of them of course), then we should be able to say NO when they ask us to mix kerosene with petrol. Don't you think?

So the answer still boils down to the Nigerian people as the solution to Nigeria's problem.
Re: What Will You Say Is Nigeria's Problem by blacksta(m): 9:03pm On Feb 03, 2009
chidichris:

if obj can decide to stay away totally from politics and give chance to Nigerians to choose their leaders and move on their own, i strongly believe that progress will surely come.

Your written words terrifies me.  How can a whole nation of 149, 999 999 people  allow one OLD MAN like OBJ to dictate Their destiny.  I have said it and would say it again NIGERIANS are cowards.  Anytime i listen to any of fela tracks it so relevant to what is happening today even though it was written over  35 years old.
Re: What Will You Say Is Nigeria's Problem by BOSS7: 9:13pm On Feb 03, 2009
blacksta:

Your written words terrifies me. How can a whole nation of 149, 999 999 people allow one OLD MAN like OBJ to dictate Their destiny. I have said it and would say it again NIGERIANS are cowards. Anytime i listen to any of fela tracks it so relevant to what is happening today even though it was written over 35 years old.

Sad but very very true.
Re: What Will You Say Is Nigeria's Problem by Kobojunkie: 9:14pm On Feb 03, 2009
blacksta:

Your written words terrifies me. How can a whole nation of [size=14pt]149, 999 999 people[/size] allow one OLD MAN like OBJ to dictate Their destiny.   I have said it and would say it again NIGERIANS are cowards.  Anytime i listen to any of fela tracks it so relevant to what is happening today even though it was written over  35 years old.

Re: What Will You Say Is Nigeria's Problem by Charlesmud(m): 9:16pm On Feb 03, 2009
, OK I dont wanna talk on points that is totally not useful at this point cus am having head-ache talking and thinking about Nigeria.

, My worries is why cant or why are we not doing anything on this issue ?

, I strongly believe that if some certain numbers of people can come together, no matter how little it is. it will be meaningful to make a positive impact.
Re: What Will You Say Is Nigeria's Problem by dean2725: 9:17pm On Feb 03, 2009
it will take decades to identify the problem faced by Nigeria
decades to debate on the problem (if known)
decades to agree/identify  the problem
decades to find solution to the problem
and the implementation too will take decades
The poster asked a question and we cannot even identify what our problem is exactly is.

i can believe some Nigerian still belive Britain is our problem. . . Britain? shocked embarassed. Britain ko britico ni
God help Nigeria.
Re: What Will You Say Is Nigeria's Problem by dean2725: 9:18pm On Feb 03, 2009
Charlesmud:

, OK I dont wanna talk on points that is totally not useful at this point cus am having head-ache talking and thinking about Nigeria.

, I strongly believe that if some certain numbers of people can come together, no matter how little it is. it will be meaningful to make a positive impact.

exactly!!
may be we should start here and you & kobo take the lead.
seriously is a very sad thing sad sad
Re: What Will You Say Is Nigeria's Problem by Kobojunkie: 9:18pm On Feb 03, 2009
Charlesmud:

Because of the Nigerian people!

Charlesmud:
I strongly believe that if some certain numbers of people can come together, no matter how little it is. it will be meaningful to make a positive impact.

Sure we can, but are we in the majority ? Or are we just going out like tha thousands who went before us, only to be massacred in the end by our own people?? I am not saying not to try, but as long as we do not see that we are our own problem. We will see more killings and hear of more deaths of innocent beings in that country while we continue to turn the other way and accept the status quo as we have done for so long.
Re: What Will You Say Is Nigeria's Problem by BigB11(m): 9:19pm On Feb 03, 2009
What Will You Say Is Nigeria's Problem

@topic:
1. Weak consistution
2. Existence of incompetent leaders
3. Lack of self-respect among Nigerians in general
4. Worshipping of fake heroes
5. Lack of common sense among well educated Nigerians
6. Existence of 98% coward among the entire Nigerian citizens.

Running away from your country doesn't solve your problems.
Typing garbage on nairaland 10 hours a day doesn't solve any of your problems.
Castigating your country daily (24/7) doesn't solve any problem.
And absolutely throwing little rocks far away from home doesn't solve any problem or have any effect.

A good sample of reasons why Nigeria is on her knees today resides here on this forum.
We talk, talk and talk every single day with absolutely nothing tangible to contribute at the end of the day.

It has been confirmed that Nigerians away from home can now participate in presidential elections, and many of us are greatly pleased to receive this news.
How stupid could you be? The votes of Nigerians that live in Nigeria haven't counted for over 25 years; how the hell do you think your votes as "Nigerians in Diaspora" would count?

It just turns us on to be taken for a ride, all the time!
Re: What Will You Say Is Nigeria's Problem by Charlesmud(m): 9:26pm On Feb 03, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Because of the Nigerian people!

Sure we can, but are we in the majority ? Or are we just going out like tha thousands who went before us, only to be massacred in the end by our own people?? I am not saying not to try, but as long as we do not see that we are our own problem. We will see more killings and hear of more deaths of innocent beings in that country while we continue to turn the other way and accept the status quo as we have done for so long.

Here we go again, saying people while you are also one of the people. Which majority ?

There are many ways things can get better, If the leaders have refused to do anything positive, cant we individually do something positive ? instead of waiting till we will have better leaders.
Re: What Will You Say Is Nigeria's Problem by Kobojunkie: 9:29pm On Feb 03, 2009
Charlesmud:

Here we go again, saying people while you are also one of the people. Which majority ?

Sigh!! So I have to mention that I am one of them for you to actually focus on the topic, and not on who I am or say I am? Sigh!!

Charlesmud:

There are many ways things can get better, If the leaders have refused to do do anything positive, cant we individually do something positive ? instead of waiting till thing we will have better leaders.

Who says anything about waiting for better leaders? Where in my post have I preached that A MESSIAH is needed in this case?
Re: What Will You Say Is Nigeria's Problem by BigB11(m): 9:33pm On Feb 03, 2009
Fact: Too bad, Nigerian leaders for the next 20 years have already been picked and ready.
The question is; are these leaders competent enough? do they care about the people and the country?

Running away from your country and spending 10 hours a day on a forum can never have any effect on what goes on in Nigeria.
What are you doing to make Nigeria a better country?
Re: What Will You Say Is Nigeria's Problem by gadogado(m): 9:35pm On Feb 03, 2009
1) poor leadership/lack of vision/pettiness (unconcerned with greatness)
2) corruption at all levels
3) inability and unwillingness of nigerians to act for their own good caused by cowarice and hypocrisy of the ordinary nigerian.
4) retrogressive and backward culture
5) illiteracy
6) lack of politcal and intellectual development of the common man
7)witchcraft.beleive it or not,no society can develop if rampant evil magic is taking place because the entire society is spiritually backward.why do you    think europeans burnt alive suspected witches some 500-1000 years ago. need for cultural renewal and riddance of evil.
cool abject poverty caused by some of the above mentioned problems
9) mentality of the common man (no philosophy)
10) the willingness of the average nigerian to accept the living conditions thrown at them by their leaders.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oil Spills Paralyse Economic, Aquatic Life In Delta State / Congrats Aishat On Your Appointment As Politics Section Moderator / The Nuisance Called Fstranger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.