Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,643 members, 7,820,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

I Didn’t Order AIT Ban, Says Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn’t Order AIT Ban, Says Buhari (1955 Views)

Alleged AIT Ban: The True Story From An AIT Staff, Lara Wise / PDP Releases Press Statement On AIT Ban, Says It's Dangerous For Democracy / Court Didn’t Order YDP’s Inclusion In Polls, Judgment Reveals- PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn’t Order AIT Ban, Says Buhari by tbaba1234: 9:34pm On Apr 29, 2015
Looks like the action of an overzealous aide..

I didn’t order AIT ban, says Buhari

The president-elect of Nigeria, General Muhammadu Buhari, said he was neither consulted nor informed of the ban imposed on AIT from covering his activities, by his aides.

He stated this today, adding that he got to hear about it after the public uproar it generated.

To avoid such incidents in the future, Buhari has instructed all his staff, including the personnel attached directly to him, to steer clear of all dealings with the media, and leave all media affairs to his official media team.

In a statement released in Abuja on Wednesday, April 29, by Directorate of Media and Publicity of the APC Presidential Campaign Council, General Buhari aligned himself with the pronouncement of his party, the All Progressives Congress, APC which had earlier expressed disagreement with the temporary barring of the African Independent Television (AIT) from covering his media affairs.

“I would like everyone to henceforth stay within his/her defined area of responsibility,” General Buhari said.

The president-elect added that his media team should be left to deal with their media colleagues as they best knew how.

“The time of CHANGE has come,” he said, “and we must avoid making the same mistakes that the outgoing government made.”

http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2015/04/29/i-didnt-order-ait-ban-says-buhari/

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Order AIT Ban, Says Buhari by tbaba1234: 9:34pm On Apr 29, 2015
cc: lalasticlala
Re: I Didn’t Order AIT Ban, Says Buhari by jchima14: 9:36pm On Apr 29, 2015
if i hear
Re: I Didn’t Order AIT Ban, Says Buhari by ellechrystal(f): 9:37pm On Apr 29, 2015
Lol.Buhari my Brother always having issues with the press since 1984

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Order AIT Ban, Says Buhari by tucky200(m): 9:38pm On Apr 29, 2015
Hmmm.....AIT still trying to campaign afta election ..wonder why they don't want the progress of this wonderful nationundecided
Re: I Didn’t Order AIT Ban, Says Buhari by Mogidi: 9:38pm On Apr 29, 2015
AIT are probably preparing another damaging documentary, why Fear no go catch Buhari?

Ban AIT and watch his ignominious past exposed to all and sundry.

5 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Order AIT Ban, Says Buhari by Faremisodeeq(m): 9:41pm On Apr 29, 2015
Who is lying between Buhari and the media. If truly buhari said this, it seems it is not good for an incoming president. And if it is the media they have to be queried. Hnmmm.
Re: I Didn’t Order AIT Ban, Says Buhari by tbaba1234: 9:44pm On Apr 29, 2015
Faremisodeeq:
Who is lying between Buhari and the media.
If truly buhari said this, it seems it is not good for an incoming president.
And if it is the media they have to be queried. Hnmmm.

There is no one lying here... Read the piece.

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Order AIT Ban, Says Buhari by galadima77(m): 9:50pm On Apr 29, 2015
Mogidi:
AIT are probably preparing another damaging documentary, why Fear no go catch Buhari?

hmmm...em....em.....u be mumu?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Order AIT Ban, Says Buhari by kasiem(m): 9:53pm On Apr 29, 2015
When gej told us that this Daura President is brainless we never took it serious but now see how his party is controlling him like teddy bear. Who knows the kind slap tinubu give am before ein release this statement

7 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Order AIT Ban, Says Buhari by feldido(m): 9:56pm On Apr 29, 2015
Bohari sha... Control ur house before the nation.
Re: I Didn’t Order AIT Ban, Says Buhari by alaoeri: 9:56pm On Apr 29, 2015
GMB is now a democrat & not a dictator nevertheless AIT will be dealt with in a appropriate manner.

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Order AIT Ban, Says Buhari by Godisnear(m): 9:58pm On Apr 29, 2015
Serious? Baba you say no be you?

Since baba is a honest man, that leaves only one option.

LAIR Muhammed.

*sips chelsea dry gin*
*squeeze face*

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Order AIT Ban, Says Buhari by CHM11: 10:00pm On Apr 29, 2015
This one people are giving orders on his behalf and he comes around to say another thing the next day.......you can't govern Nigeria like that oh

4 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Order AIT Ban, Says Buhari by dunkem21(m): 10:03pm On Apr 29, 2015
Chai, baba. Call out the media aide for all to see and make him a scape goat. Just three days back, I made the same recommendation to APC and Buhari to screen all his statements and actions before making them public before goofing.

I wonder what would've happened if it was GEJ that accused his media aide ..shouts of weak, clueless would have rent the air ..

..We ain't kids anymore, apologize for goofing and quit blaming fictitious aides .. grin

4 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Order AIT Ban, Says Buhari by patrickmuf(m): 10:03pm On Apr 29, 2015
Exactly my line of thought, GMB can't be so daft to do anything silly especially when it concerns the media owing to the much publicized decree 4...
Re: I Didn’t Order AIT Ban, Says Buhari by mobaking: 10:03pm On Apr 29, 2015
[quote author=kasiem post=33252962]When gej told us that this Daura President is brainless we never took it serious but now see how his party is controlling him like teddy bear. Who knows the kind slap tinubu give am before ein release this statement [/quote ] Now I know that common sense is not common for some people.
Re: I Didn’t Order AIT Ban, Says Buhari by sosanova: 10:05pm On Apr 29, 2015
Baba one Chance....Decree 4 tinz grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Order AIT Ban, Says Buhari by kasiem(m): 10:08pm On Apr 29, 2015
[quote author=mobaking post=33253360][/quote] especially to people who support a Daura President when his aides are now taking presidential actions on his behalf
Re: I Didn’t Order AIT Ban, Says Buhari by efilefun(m): 10:09pm On Apr 29, 2015
Long Live Buhari!!!!

Mogidi:

They need to air such after he's been sworn in and your beloved AIT will lose its license of operations within weeks, you think its jonathan's administration where they could go against NBC's orders ... Even dokpesi no go wan try am cuz the Judiciary would want to prove how efficient they are.

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Order AIT Ban, Says Buhari by efilefun(m): 10:11pm On Apr 29, 2015
[quote author=mobaking post=33253360][/quote]

And this "Dullard" will rule your entire houshold for 4 years or more if he decides to contest again, you better stop hating so you could live long, cuz haters are liable to DIE YOUNG.

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Order AIT Ban, Says Buhari by chymystique(f): 10:11pm On Apr 29, 2015
He stated this today, adding that he got to hear about it after the public uproar it generated.

Odiegwu.. Politicians though! undecided
Re: I Didn’t Order AIT Ban, Says Buhari by MzJackBaueress(f): 10:13pm On Apr 29, 2015
Mogidi:

Oh! so you admit they did a damaging documentary before?

You see your life?

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Order AIT Ban, Says Buhari by omenka(m): 10:14pm On Apr 29, 2015
Whether he did or not, I loved it. I wish their license can be withdrawn completely. Those guys shamelessly violated every known rule in the books of journalism.

4 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Order AIT Ban, Says Buhari by Kolade354(m): 10:15pm On Apr 29, 2015
ellechrystal:
Lol.Buhari my Brother always having issues with the press since 1984
He is old enough to be your father.............
Re: I Didn’t Order AIT Ban, Says Buhari by todayguest(m): 10:17pm On Apr 29, 2015
It's good that, he came up to distance himself from it. He understands, this is democracy, and being an agent of change he won't want to be engulfed in a veiled degree 4. On a serious note, APC has become a party of executive denials. I pray, the party succeeds at the centre.
Re: I Didn’t Order AIT Ban, Says Buhari by ellechrystal(f): 10:21pm On Apr 29, 2015
Kolade354:
He is old enough to be your father.............
Father ko, we r all brothers n sisters, I agree, he is old enough to be my grand .but I say na my brother him b shikena.
Re: I Didn’t Order AIT Ban, Says Buhari by Mogidi: 10:27pm On Apr 29, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
Oh! so you admit they did a damaging documentary before?

You see your life?

I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Any documentary that reveals the real Buhari would be considered damaging wouldn't it?

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Order AIT Ban, Says Buhari by pstfr: 10:40pm On Apr 29, 2015
overzealous aides taking charge this days while, president and president-elect takes the back seat.
Re: I Didn’t Order AIT Ban, Says Buhari by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 29, 2015
Buhari didn't order that please, it was I that ordered it.

Lies from the pit of hell
The kitchen is going hot even before a match is struck

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Order AIT Ban, Says Buhari by OmoNwa: 10:56pm On Apr 29, 2015
These aides attached to political office holders can be annoying sometimes...their overzealousness too much
Re: I Didn’t Order AIT Ban, Says Buhari by ishiamu(m): 11:16pm On Apr 29, 2015
tbaba1234:
cc: lalasticlala

The lying general

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What Robert Mugabe Did To Zulu King To Encouraged Xenophobic Attacks(photos) / 50% Pay Cut In Kwara / Say No To "Islamazation" Of Nigeria, Vote Out Apc In Edo, Bayelsa And Kogi.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.