Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,646 members, 7,813,168 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

Protesting Workers Lock Out Anyim Pius Anyim (SGF )over N1.2b Allowances - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protesting Workers Lock Out Anyim Pius Anyim (SGF )over N1.2b Allowances (22389 Views)

Anyim Pius Anyim Seeks Buhari's Protection: 'They Are After Me' / Anyim Pius Under Investigation For Funding Pro-Biafra Activities - Sahara Report / Letter From Anyim Pius Anyim To Jonathan, Former President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protesting Workers Lock Out Anyim Pius Anyim (SGF )over N1.2b Allowances by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 30, 2015
THERE was a protest yesterday at the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (OSGF). The workers are demanding the payment of N1.2 billion allowances.

The staff who had earlier planned the protest for Tuesday postponed it till yesterday as SGF Anyim Pius Anyim was away from the office.

The angry staff blocked all the entrances around 2pm when Anyim arrived the office.

The staff said they had petitioned Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Chair Ibrahim Lamorde over the matter.

The EFCC Chairman, it was said, visited the SGF after receiving the petition. This could, however, not be confirmed last night.

The angry civil servants gave Anyim a 24-hour ultimatum to pay the allowances.

When contacted on telephone last night, the Special Adviser on Media to the SGF, Sam Nwabasi, told The Nation that the office was surprised with the figure being thrown up as no money has been mentioned in the earlier discussions between the unions and the management.

According to him, the union had earlier demanded for 18 items, including erecting an ATM machine and a canteen in the office.

He said that management had looked into their demands and communicated back its responses to the union. They have been waiting for them to make their views known to management on the proposals.
But rather than come back to the management, he said that they took the action and made the spurious monetary allegations.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/protesting-workers-lock-out-anyim-over-n1-2b-allowances/

Re: Protesting Workers Lock Out Anyim Pius Anyim (SGF )over N1.2b Allowances by Nobody: 8:53am On Apr 30, 2015
Only a fool and idiots, thinks that what is good for them is not good for others. Denying workers their wages is a crime against the Nigerian people..pay them or?

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesting Workers Lock Out Anyim Pius Anyim (SGF )over N1.2b Allowances by wachakuta(m): 8:56am On Apr 30, 2015
incase...
Re: Protesting Workers Lock Out Anyim Pius Anyim (SGF )over N1.2b Allowances by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 30, 2015
wachakuta:
incase...
wachakuta:
incase...
Re: Protesting Workers Lock Out Anyim Pius Anyim (SGF )over N1.2b Allowances by Nobody: 9:08am On Apr 30, 2015
O ga oh,as the yorubas will say. This jona govt is a useless govt. Full of corrupt ppl in power.

13 Likes

Re: Protesting Workers Lock Out Anyim Pius Anyim (SGF )over N1.2b Allowances by Chiaka(f): 9:09am On Apr 30, 2015
Whats this why are they not paying workers!

1 Like

Re: Protesting Workers Lock Out Anyim Pius Anyim (SGF )over N1.2b Allowances by PassingShot(m): 9:09am On Apr 30, 2015
One of the PDP cabals!

This outgoing government is so heartless that it didn't mind to spend billions of dollars on doomed electioneering campaign while its workers are being owed.

This is gross in my opinion and must be condemned by all well-meaning Nigerians.

30 Likes

Re: Protesting Workers Lock Out Anyim Pius Anyim (SGF )over N1.2b Allowances by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 30, 2015
see face

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesting Workers Lock Out Anyim Pius Anyim (SGF )over N1.2b Allowances by Caseless: 9:21am On Apr 30, 2015
Just pay them.

1 Like

Re: Protesting Workers Lock Out Anyim Pius Anyim (SGF )over N1.2b Allowances by Nobody: 9:24am On Apr 30, 2015
Caseless:
Just pay them.
Noted
Re: Protesting Workers Lock Out Anyim Pius Anyim (SGF )over N1.2b Allowances by moha225: 9:24am On Apr 30, 2015
Which kind life sef..U no allow anyone touch your allowance but the greedy Man felt so comfortable holding other people sweat..thank God this government coming to an end

8 Likes

Re: Protesting Workers Lock Out Anyim Pius Anyim (SGF )over N1.2b Allowances by kestolove95(m): 9:25am On Apr 30, 2015
After d 2trillion wey una dagbo gej...una still won collct dix small small change from d poor...una dey tink of death so?

9 Likes

Re: Protesting Workers Lock Out Anyim Pius Anyim (SGF )over N1.2b Allowances by bigtt76(f): 9:33am On Apr 30, 2015
Hahaha ...this dem conditions (embolden) na die o grin

"According to him, the union had earlier demanded for 18 items, including erecting an ATM machine and a canteen in the office" ....are they expecting the banks to be loading it for them on a daily basis or by the Presidency/OSGF as a means of disseminating their own share of the booty? grin these unionists shaaaaa
Re: Protesting Workers Lock Out Anyim Pius Anyim (SGF )over N1.2b Allowances by hassan85(m): 9:56am On Apr 30, 2015
Its 29 days 2go. So let dem keep doin as de like

1 Like

Re: Protesting Workers Lock Out Anyim Pius Anyim (SGF )over N1.2b Allowances by chacoonder(m): 10:04am On Apr 30, 2015
BlackMaria:
O ga oh,as the yorubas will say.
This jona govt is a useless govt. Full of corrupt ppl in power.
òmùgò ni é. Na only yoruba dey talk am

1 Like

Re: Protesting Workers Lock Out Anyim Pius Anyim (SGF )over N1.2b Allowances by baybeeboi: 10:12am On Apr 30, 2015
carry Igbo Man play
See as Him be like 3bags of pig-shît

7 Likes

Re: Protesting Workers Lock Out Anyim Pius Anyim (SGF )over N1.2b Allowances by disumusa: 10:27am On Apr 30, 2015
i cant imagen igbo with red cap as my president, it can hapend

2 Likes

Re: Protesting Workers Lock Out Anyim Pius Anyim (SGF )over N1.2b Allowances by MzJackBaueress(f): 10:34am On Apr 30, 2015
They have spent the whole treasury on elections. No money to pay workers.
O ma se o!

7 Likes

Re: Protesting Workers Lock Out Anyim Pius Anyim (SGF )over N1.2b Allowances by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 30, 2015
The boy above me after berem has stupidity running in his DNA

1 Like

Re: Protesting Workers Lock Out Anyim Pius Anyim (SGF )over N1.2b Allowances by NaijaOptimist: 10:35am On Apr 30, 2015
GEJ and his cohorts tenure will go down in history.

1 Like

Re: Protesting Workers Lock Out Anyim Pius Anyim (SGF )over N1.2b Allowances by almajiri101: 10:51am On Apr 30, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
The boy above me after berem has stupidity running in his DNA

The guy only spewed out the truth.... I**o people causing chaos since 1800BC.

3 Likes

Re: Protesting Workers Lock Out Anyim Pius Anyim (SGF )over N1.2b Allowances by omenka(m): 10:51am On Apr 30, 2015
Look at him, like a whale stranded along a beach. I'm very sure those allowances have been converted into the massive fats around his neck.

Criminal.

8 Likes

Re: Protesting Workers Lock Out Anyim Pius Anyim (SGF )over N1.2b Allowances by Nobody: 11:18am On Apr 30, 2015
chacoonder:
òmùgò ni é. Na only yoruba dey talk am
Kilo wa ko wa oh,boda ODE.

2 Likes

Re: Protesting Workers Lock Out Anyim Pius Anyim (SGF )over N1.2b Allowances by truefact: 11:46am On Apr 30, 2015
profjustine:
Only a fool and idiots, thinks that what is good for them is not good for others. Denying workers their wages is a crime against the Nigerian people..pay them or?
Hausa and yoruba who have been denying the ND their oil Wealth are what?

1 Like

Re: Protesting Workers Lock Out Anyim Pius Anyim (SGF )over N1.2b Allowances by Pavore9: 11:55am On Apr 30, 2015
And they have appropriated billions as their severance package!

1 Like

Re: Protesting Workers Lock Out Anyim Pius Anyim (SGF )over N1.2b Allowances by thundey95(m): 11:56am On Apr 30, 2015
I don see alert GodWin!! (dancing)
Re: Protesting Workers Lock Out Anyim Pius Anyim (SGF )over N1.2b Allowances by vickylois(f): 11:56am On Apr 30, 2015
Re: Protesting Workers Lock Out Anyim Pius Anyim (SGF )over N1.2b Allowances by Blurry: 11:57am On Apr 30, 2015
This tale seems fabricated, so many holes in the story. Alas, its the nation newspaper.

disumusa:
i cant imagen igbo with red cap as my president, it can hapend

This is totally unnecessary son.

1 Like

Re: Protesting Workers Lock Out Anyim Pius Anyim (SGF )over N1.2b Allowances by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 30, 2015
See him face angry
Big bros, pay some into my account.
Re: Protesting Workers Lock Out Anyim Pius Anyim (SGF )over N1.2b Allowances by Dsimple: 11:57am On Apr 30, 2015
kikiri on point.... dat his big tommy will soon dry comes june.......

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

South-West PDP Party Chairmen To Makinde: Who Cares If You Join APC? / Buhari Raises Committee On Ministers Portfolios / Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.