Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,422 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List (62781 Views)

Gorgeous Urhobo Bride From Niger Delta / Is This Bride Prize / Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 30, 2015
cuteendowed:
I am from Imo State and what I can say is that the list depends on ur town and u can also negotiate with the brides family, there is no fixed bride price for Imo State in general.
WORD cool cool cool
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by martineverest(m): 2:47pm On Apr 30, 2015
Mr itulah,shey esan no get girls again?
Itulah:
This is to all intending Groom to be, I got married to my beautify wife last year November. I am from Edo State and she is from Egbu, Imo State.
Monetization of the 5 pages lists below was implemented to avoid stress.

Enjoy your view.
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by delishpot: 2:48pm On Apr 30, 2015
Bunch of lazy men. No one is forcing you to marry Igbo women. Go and pick ya free wives from those who are willing to give you one.

8 Likes

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by JayJustus(m): 2:48pm On Apr 30, 2015
national budget...no wonder they can breed like this...this is modified human trafficking

1 Like

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by B69U: 2:49pm On Apr 30, 2015
Stolen:
[b]This thread is invalid becos only yoruba men are commenting on them.

The igbo men seem fine with the Bride Price arrangement.

For igbos marriage is a very serious affair and not childs play.

Yorubas want to use marriage as pretence to date igbo girls and then later move on. That is the only way for them.

The Bride Price means they cannot divorce their wife and go after another igbo family becos the thing will get expensive.

Igbo guys are not complaining becos they don't have this agenda and intend to marry only one, so no expenses as every body spend on their wedding.

My advice to the yoruba tribe is to stop planning evil for the igbos tribe, u have ur women to marry and divorce as u like be happy and content with that and leave evil.

U are trying to degrade igbos and avoid a cost, that wont happen as it will be costly to u.

Igbo girls only became ashawo wen a select few started accepting marriage proposal from very rich yoruba familyl, before that they were not ashawo.

I can tell u that the real ashawo of Nigeria are yoruba women, they have the highest rate of baby mama and divorce rate in the country.

I know too many yoruba baby mama.[/b]

If anybody want cheap wedding go and marry from your place where the womans parents foot the wedding expenses, wat is pursuing them to Igbos?

See us see trouble Oooo for this fake geographical expression called Nigeria.

If Igbos no complain who come they complain?

Simply, marry from your place,(Six to Eight States to choose from) we dont want you to marry from us. It will not last.

5 Likes

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by ijustdey: 2:51pm On Apr 30, 2015
Itulah:
This is to all intending Groom to be, I got married to my beautify wife last year November. I am from Edo State and she is from Egbu, Imo State.

Enjoy your view.

OP

you said you got married last year and the list was dated back 2013.....

did they give you almost a year to look for the money to payundecided
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by somegirl1: 2:51pm On Apr 30, 2015
southniyikaye:
Bro check the list again,it says,BRIDE PRICE TO BE DISCUSSED WITH THE FAMILY..abeg all these ones Na Wetin? Bia chinyere, u sleep too much,it's OVER. Between us...

Many families don't accept a bride price.
Some take a small token like N1000 - N10,000.
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Bloggz74(m): 2:52pm On Apr 30, 2015
Itulah:

All these marriage list wahala from my understanding does not pose issue or its rather more artificial than it is seen.

I v done a little research and concluded that there are three factors that determine how hug the list is or could be effected to the extent of being an issue for the groom.

They are:
Parents of the bride;
I ve seen a marriage in the socalled Imo state where the brides parent did everything to see a smooth marriage by not charging much and most occasion helped the brides family from these unnecessery extortion.The brides mum specifically used her box in the place of box of clothes while the groom just bought a few on top. The brides dad ddnt even want a bride price. But if u meet the greedy inlaws,,,,,,,,,,,,,oyo.

The bride:
some girls use this as a great privilage to celebrate their greed and selfishness by showing off a lot.this strains the grooms account especialy the "societal ladies" and the groom sheepishly follows.on the other hand v seen a bride that even thretened her parents to be considerate on her groom or they both mary away without involving them.

The groom:
Just like the bride some grooms use this as an oppurtunity to celebrate affluence,spend much and put the not too rich into unnecessery competition nd comperism.their brides will now b bragging with the issue which makes the single men challenged and afraid to marry except they are very rich.afterallv seen a frnd storm out of bride price delibration and d bride cried the whole day only for them to be called back days latter in their own terms.

LADIES B WISE

4 Likes

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Pebcak: 2:52pm On Apr 30, 2015
eagleeyez:

Ibos make the best wives?I actually see them as gossips, materialistic( they marry from anytribe as long as u are rich) arrogant, rude airheade

definitely not all of em will be good but i believe of the long run and when u scale it out they might be my opinion and i might be wrong maybe I have only seen the good ones and never been around those type you are talking about

3 Likes

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 30, 2015
Itulah:

Enjoy your view.

How much was the total cost of that list ?

Did you spend again at the traditional marriage ceremony ?
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Emirofsambisa1: 2:54pm On Apr 30, 2015
yibobasher2:

Shame on you for supporting this primitive idea at this century

Oga correct yourself! It is 'In this century'..... Be serious with your studies my brother

1 Like

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by patpaul: 2:55pm On Apr 30, 2015
This becomes insignificant when you compare to what is obtainable in Akwa Ibom State. For instance, what is written here as one leg of goat meat in each page will be ONE FULL GOAT in Akwa Ibom State.

2 Likes

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by ijustdey: 2:55pm On Apr 30, 2015
Stolen:
[b]This thread is invalid becos only yoruba men are commenting on them.

The igbo men seem fine with the Bride Price arrangement.

For igbos marriage is a very serious affair and not childs play.

Yorubas want to use marriage as pretence to date igbo girls and then later move on. That is the only way for them.

The Bride Price means they cannot divorce their wife and go after another igbo family becos the thing will get expensive.

Igbo guys are not complaining becos they don't have this agenda and intend to marry only one, so no expenses as every body spend on their wedding.

My advice to the yoruba tribe is to stop planning evil for the igbos tribe, u have ur women to marry and divorce as u like be happy and content with that and leave evil.

U are trying to degrade igbos and avoid a cost, that wont happen as it will be costly to u.

Igbo girls only became ashawo wen a select few started accepting marriage proposal from very rich yoruba familyl, before that they were not ashawo.

I can tell u that the real ashawo of Nigeria are yoruba women, they have the highest rate of baby mama and divorce rate in the country.

I know too many yoruba baby mama.[/b]

mtcheww

1 Like

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by eagleeyez: 2:55pm On Apr 30, 2015
Pebcak:

definitely not all of em will be good but i believe of the long run and when u scale it out they might be my opinion and i might be wrong maybe I have only seen the good ones and never been around those type you are talking about

Well *. On the seriopus note am yet to see a "good" ibo lady though I agree with u that there are exceptions
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by manny4life(m): 2:56pm On Apr 30, 2015
Nsogbu di...
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Emeskhalifa(m): 2:56pm On Apr 30, 2015
To avoid spending huge amount of money, just impregnate their girls and her ppl will be the wan running after u to come and marry their daughter for free cheesy
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by IYANGBALI: 2:57pm On Apr 30, 2015
Ishilove:
You go fear list na grin

But wait o, why is the list filled with beer? Star, Gulder, Palmy in each page

Smh
dem go shak now
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by somegirl1: 2:57pm On Apr 30, 2015
Itulah:

About N1.3M. White wedding expenses not inclusive.

I'm pretty sure you didn't pay for everything in that list. The list is meant to be negotiated. Several items are waived usually.

3 Likes

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 30, 2015
Itulah:

how much is that in pounds? cheesy maybe i should ask that money from my husband cheesy
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by IYANGBALI: 2:57pm On Apr 30, 2015
Emeskhalifa:
To avoid spending huge amount of money, just impregnate their girls and they will be the wan running after u to come and marry their daughter for free cheesy
correct talk

1 Like

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Trottle: 2:58pm On Apr 30, 2015
marriage should not be so expensive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by mulattoclaro(m): 2:59pm On Apr 30, 2015
martineverest:
Ask am weda edo no get girls again?......afta all these d girls go still dey misbehave
I tire for the guy matter. Na him cross sha

1 Like

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by IYANGBALI: 3:02pm On Apr 30, 2015
somegirl1:

Many families don't accept a bride price.
Some take a small token like N1000 - N10,000.
the one we did 2 months ago at nnewi tooked 50 thousand naira from my friend
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by somegirl1: 3:05pm On Apr 30, 2015
IYANGBALI:
the one we did 2 months ago at nnewi tooked 50 thousand naira from my friend

Higher than I've personally witnessed but still a small token.
Domestic staff cost more.
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Infoay: 3:05pm On Apr 30, 2015
Na wa ooo...humm
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 30, 2015
Since the Yorubas are free of charge, I have decided to look for a Yoruba bride.

1 Like

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Nobody: 3:07pm On Apr 30, 2015
shortcut: get her pregnant, do court marriage (marriage registry) and start living together.

no need for all this money list.
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by waternogetemeny: 3:09pm On Apr 30, 2015
teeowl:
shortcut: get her pregnant, do court marriage (marriage registry) and start living together.
no need for all this money list.

There is abortion for unwanted pregnancy, her parents/family will get the fetus murdered and get u locked up in jail.

I will like to see people like u taught a lesson by igbo families.

3 Likes

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 30, 2015
rubbish. even when d girl no be virgin sef. I mean conscious losing of ur virginity. keep selling ur daughters in d name of pride price. virgin or no virgin dis is ripped off
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by 49cents(m): 3:10pm On Apr 30, 2015
The high bride price has its pros and cons!

Pros
It makes the man focus and make something out of his life before entering marraige

It makes the man very careful in selecting the girl as he can't waste his money on the one that aint worth

It makes the man value his wife more altogether,

It isn't a coincidethat igbos have the lowest rates of divorce. Beef appart

CONS

Delayed marraige
Delayed marraige
Delayed marraige

1 Like

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Nobody: 3:12pm On Apr 30, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Masquerade Exhibiting Powers Failed By His Juju As Bullet Penetrates - Oyo State / This Picture Of The Ooni Of Ife And His Wife Has People Talking / In The 1930s, Igbo Men In Elaborate Hairstyles And Body Paint

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.