Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,254 members, 7,849,930 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:38 AM

Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Gear Up For Showdown Against Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Gear Up For Showdown Against Buhari (33625 Views)

N500b Paris Club Refund: Labour Set For Showdown With Governors / Osinbajo, NASS Set For Showdown Over Vp's Refusal To Sign 4 Bills / Impeachment Threat: Pro, Anti-saraki Forces Set For Showdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Gear Up For Showdown Against Buhari by Zico5(m): 4:53pm On Apr 30, 2015
ogawisdom:
If this happens buhari govt will b dead on arrival, anyway I am waiting for his actions, he has promised alot already which his illiterate self can't fulfill undecided

A man dt wants to stabilize global oil price n make one dollar equal to one naira grin

It only remains for him to promise to fix air conditioner in all nigerian open markets cheesy all na change

Buhari better shut up n stop giving policy statements until sworn in
To God, someone like u supposed to be in the zoo where ur likes re kept. It shows that the history of jonathan is dead forever. We ve prayed to God to deliver us and he has answered. So removing Jonathan will surely amount to good things for Naija

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Gear Up For Showdown Against Buhari by onatisi(m): 4:53pm On Apr 30, 2015
Pavore9:
lf subsidy goes and electricity supply is stable, it won't tell much.
bros, forget there can never be stable power supply in nigeria for the next 25years ,and the 25years is even achieveable if we have a good stable govt for 25 solid years. The power sector has both financial,infracstrutural and political problems holding it back.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Gear Up For Showdown Against Buhari by InMyOpinion(m): 4:56pm On Apr 30, 2015
[size=18pt]It amazes me me that people post without thinking...how does missing provision for subsidy in the budeget which is Jonaathan's become Buhari's creation??

I do agree with and am solidly in support of subsidy removal but the fact here is that its the current government that left this out of the budget, not the in-coming government[/size]
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Gear Up For Showdown Against Buhari by GentleYoung(m): 5:04pm On Apr 30, 2015
Otenestbestyaho:
Buhari will fail and must be stoned with raw acid. I will "insultically" remove his testis and put more cancer that can not be surgically removed if he fails to make one liter of oil 40naria. His evil days are numbered!

God please dash this mumu sense,even if na small
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Gear Up For Showdown Against Buhari by Ephemmm: 5:10pm On Apr 30, 2015
Otenestbestyaho:
Buhari will fail and must be stoned with raw acid. I will "insultically" remove his testis and put more cancer that can not be surgically removed if he fails to make one liter of oil 40naria. His evil days are numbered!

He will fail people like you, but not Nigeria: how I wish your brain could be scanned and laminated so that you can start thinking straight?
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Gear Up For Showdown Against Buhari by Pavore9: 5:27pm On Apr 30, 2015
onatisi:
bros, forget there can never be stable power supply in nigeria for the next 25years ,and the 25years is even achieveable if we have a good stable govt for 25 solid years. The power sector has both financial,infracstrutural and political problems holding it back.

One has every reason to be pessimistic as successive governments have not given us any reason to feel otherwise but my exposure in sustainable development makes me lean towards the thought of focusing on micro projects that generates electricity within clusters.l have been involved in projects here in Kenya where degradable wastes is being used in generating energy for cooking and basic lighning needs.

lf you are familiar with Lagos, l believe you know the Mile 12 foodstuff market. The tonnes of degradeable wastes generated there daily can power street lights within that area comfortably and with the streets lighted at night, the incidence of crime lessens. Setting up the biogas plant will not exceed N8m which is not even up to the amount a local government chairman spends on purchasing his official jeep!

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Gear Up For Showdown Against Buhari by ohenhen1: 5:30pm On Apr 30, 2015
APC should order an aggressive media campaign to educate the people on why the subsidy must be removed.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Gear Up For Showdown Against Buhari by Pakingzzz(m): 5:32pm On Apr 30, 2015
Fellow NL, here's the first House building machine to be built in Nigeria.
This type of machine is called a 3D house printer. The machine will be capable of building a house from the floor level to the roofing level without the direct involvement of human labour. The pix below is how the 3D house printer looks like. The details are here; www.nairaland.com/2217438/sponsor-me-build-3d-house

Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Gear Up For Showdown Against Buhari by Akpan107(m): 5:34pm On Apr 30, 2015
double0seven:

No offense, but your post in senseless and idio.tic .

And please before you quote me, pls post a link to the QUOTE of Buhari saying he will make one naira equal to a dollar. Take note, I said a quote of Buhari's words not a write up by some journalist, paper or blog.
Owerri – The All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, on Monday said he would ensure that the Naira was equal to the dollar in value, if voted into office. Buhari stated this during the South-East presidential rally of the party at Dan
Anyima Stadium, Owerri. “It is sad that the value of the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar; this does not speak well for the nation’s
economy,’’ he said. He urged the people to vote for APC, noting that he would ensure that corruption was tackled headlong if elected. Earlier, Gov Rochas Okorocha had urged APC supporters to vote for the party’s candidates at all levels, noting that a vote for Buhari without support to others at the state would amount to nothing. Okorocha said Buhari would address the problem of electricity, bring back the kidnapped Chibok girls and promote industrial growth. He said that Buhari was loved by the people in the region and urged them to elect him and other APC candidates during the March 28 and April 11 general elections. Former governor of Anambra, Mr Chinwoke Mbadinuju and former Minister of Education, Chinwe Obaji, were formally welcomed to the APC at the rally. The rally was attended by APC supporters from Abia, Ebonyi, Anambra, Enugu and Imo. (NAN)
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Gear Up For Showdown Against Buhari by Akpan107(m): 5:36pm On Apr 30, 2015
double0seven:

And please before you quote me, pls post a link to the QUOTE of Buhari saying he will make one naira equal to a dollar. Take note, I said a quote of Buhari's words not a write up by some journalist, paper or blog.
I'll make naira equal to dollar, says Buhari | TheCable 23 Mar 2015 ... “It is sad that the value of
the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar. This does not speak ... www.thecable.ng/ill-make-naira-equa

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Gear Up For Showdown Against Buhari by Akpan107(m): 5:38pm On Apr 30, 2015
double0seven:

Buhari: I'll Make Naira Equal to the Dollar, Articles | THISDAY ... 24 Mar 2015 ... Buhari: I'll Make Naira Equal to the Dollar ... The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reported that Buhari ... “It is sad that the value of the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar. www.thisdaylive.com > HOME > NEWS

3 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Gear Up For Showdown Against Buhari by ogawisdom(m): 5:38pm On Apr 30, 2015
Zico5:

To God, someone like u supposed to be in the zoo where ur likes re kept. It shows that the history of jonathan is dead forever. We ve prayed to God to deliver us and he has answered. So removing Jonathan will surely amount to good things for Naija

Somebody like u shld ve been removed thro spontaneous abortion to save d world ur imbe.cility
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Gear Up For Showdown Against Buhari by Akpan107(m): 5:40pm On Apr 30, 2015
double0seven:

I'll make Naira equal in value to dollar, says Buhari | News24 ... 24 Mar 2015 ... I'll make Naira equal in value to dollar, says Buhari ... "It is sad that the value of the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar; this does not speak well for the nation's
economy ... www.news24.com.ng/Elections/News/

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Gear Up For Showdown Against Buhari by Akpan107(m): 5:44pm On Apr 30, 2015
ogawisdom:

Y shld I bother replying u buhari defender. U r nt worth it followers of a clown r usually bigger clowns. U can go n die, u gullible n morbid fool
Here is the link were Buhari said so...

I'll make Naira equal in value to dollar, says Buhari | News24 ... 24 Mar 2015 ... I'll make Naira equal in value to dollar, says Buhari ... "It is sad that the value of the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar; this does not speak well for the nation's

3 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Gear Up For Showdown Against Buhari by gogodaye(m): 6:03pm On Apr 30, 2015
raumdeuter:
Buhari is ready for a meeting with all stakeholders. A general unlike the clueless one

It was GEJ govt who failed to make budget provision for subsidy

So damn true....the clueless PGEJ led Federal Executive arm of government failed woefully to make provision for an important expenditure item such as subsidy payments......and the smart APC wielding an overwhelming majority of the members in the two chambers of the national Assembly... charged with the onerous responsibility of appropriating funds to be expended cluefully did nothing about this clueless anomaly....whilst they proceeded to add to the proposals presented to them by the PGEJ led federal executive.....
You APC oafs are indeed a pathetic lot.....Shebi you guys claimed subsidy payments were a scam/hoax used to fleece the treasury by PGEJ PDP led FG....so why ask for it.....when the FG has decided to relief the treasury of the leakages occasioned from these losses.....
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Gear Up For Showdown Against Buhari by adexway(m): 6:08pm On Apr 30, 2015
I think Nigerians must accept the fact that our economy would be a huge set back for Buhari. I do not envy him as is assumption of office comes at a dire time. However, we do need courageous and goal driven individuals to turn things around, not a committee setting government or a proud and evasive minister of economy. Hopefully, the National Assembly will complement the efforts of Buhari. But, with all this downtown, it will take focus and resilience to get things right.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Gear Up For Showdown Against Buhari by ogawisdom(m): 6:12pm On Apr 30, 2015
Akpan107:
Here is the link were Buhari said so...

Buhari making one naira equal to one dollar, for those looking for links here u ve one cheesy

Buhari is a joke
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Gear Up For Showdown Against Buhari by otemanuduno: 6:14pm On Apr 30, 2015
ogawisdom:
If this happens buhari govt will b dead on arrival, anyway I am waiting for his actions, he has promised alot already which his illiterate self can't fulfill undecided

A man dt wants to stabilize global oil price n make one dollar equal to one naira grin

It only remains for him to promise to fix air conditioner in all nigerian open markets cheesy all na change

When ppl like you speak smtimes I just shake my head and laugh. What if Buhari's administration resolve to revisit the nonsense budget made by Jona, so what are we saying? Are we not in Nigeria where govt can change anything at anytime. So give yourself no heartache on whatever GEJ's administration is doing at this dying minute.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Gear Up For Showdown Against Buhari by adexway(m): 6:20pm On Apr 30, 2015
Akpan107:
Owerri – The All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, on Monday said he would ensure that the Naira was equal to the dollar in value, if voted into office. Buhari stated this during the South-East presidential rally of the party at Dan
Anyima Stadium, Owerri. “It is sad that the value of the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar; this does not speak well for the nation’s
economy,’’ he said. He urged the people to vote for APC, noting that he would ensure that corruption was tackled headlong if elected. Earlier, Gov Rochas Okorocha had urged APC supporters to vote for the party’s candidates at all levels, noting that a vote for Buhari without support to others at the state would amount to nothing. Okorocha said Buhari would address the problem of electricity, bring back the kidnapped Chibok girls and promote industrial growth. He said that Buhari was loved by the people in the region and urged them to elect him and other APC candidates during the March 28 and April 11 general elections. Former governor of Anambra, Mr Chinwoke Mbadinuju and former Minister of Education, Chinwe Obaji, were formally welcomed to the APC at the rally. The rally was attended by APC supporters from Abia, Ebonyi, Anambra, Enugu and Imo. (NAN)

Apologies to this NAN correspondent, but i can see any direct quote by the President elect as to making the naira equivalent to a dollar. All I see is a quote of him expressing reservations on the situation of the Nigerian currency. Howbeit, only a gullible man will take such a promise serious, that is if the president elect did make such claim.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Gear Up For Showdown Against Buhari by ogawisdom(m): 6:21pm On Apr 30, 2015
otemanuduno:

When ppl like you speak smtimes I just shake my head and laugh. What if Buhari's administration resolve to revisit the nonsense budget made by Jona, so what are we saying? Are we not in Nigeria where govt can change anything at anytime. So give yourself no heartache on whatever GEJ's administration is doing at this dying minute.

U shld b worried abt ur English comprehension bc all u said have no connection to d issue on d table
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Gear Up For Showdown Against Buhari by Ayuba123: 6:21pm On Apr 30, 2015
Baba #1=$1 comming to remove subsidy he once kicked against it's removal. we r watching. again d same economy u condemned,u plan to use it's drivers, " Iweala n Akinwumi"
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Gear Up For Showdown Against Buhari by Barcholder: 6:25pm On Apr 30, 2015
I'll keep my contribution short and sweet:

1. Currently, there is no requirement for fuel subsidy as crude oil prices are so low they are not needed

2. The removal of the subsidy when crude oil prices eventually rise is Absolutely the best thing for Nigeria

3. Nigerians continue to rely on the use of generators to provide their power, when there are far far better alternatives already widely used around the world, and even here in Nigeria

4. I'm referring to Solar Power, which is freely available, and given the huge amount of sunshine we receive in the country, every single home should be generating its own power from the sun

5. The economic benefits to Nigerians of going Solar, whilst already big, will become massive, and will be the push Nigerians need to finally adopt Solar Energy en mass.

6. The improvement in the economy will be massive as a result, with an estimated $50 billion a year being saved on fuel and pumped directly back into the economy each year

7. Whilst there will be a short term pain from the abolition of the fuel subsidy, in the medium and long term, it will trigger the elimination of the power problem in Nigeria. I'm absolutely convinced of this

To give some background about myself, i'm the Founder and ceo of Solynta Energy, Nigeria's largest Solar Energy company. I'll make a bold prediction - within 7 years, generators will be a thing of the past in Nigeria, with the entire country powered predominantly by Solar Energy.

Regards

Uvie
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Gear Up For Showdown Against Buhari by onatisi(m): 7:03pm On Apr 30, 2015
Pavore9:

One has every reason to be pessimistic as successive governments have not given us any reason to feel otherwise but my exposure in sustainable development makes me lean towards the thought of focusing on micro projects that generates electricity within clusters.l have been involved in projects here in Kenya where degradable wastes is being used in generating energy for cooking and basic lighning needs.

lf you are familiar with Lagos, l believe you know the Mile 12 foodstuff market. The tonnes of degradeable wastes generated there daily can power street lights within that area comfortably and with the streets lighted at night, the incidence of crime lessens. Setting up the biogas plant will not exceed N8m which is not even up to the amount a local government chairman spends on purchasing his official jeep!
bros ,the point is the problem with the power sector goes far beyond what we think. The power problem is directly linked to fuel importation. The amount of imported fuel used to power engines and supply power to generating sets both industrial and domestic triples the amount required for transportation. So the demand for power actually does drive the demand for fuel. And we all know that the fuel importation cabal controls the govt,and they even contributed a large amount to buhari campaign. Prof sam aluko gave obj the best advice but which is very difficult and that is ban importation of fuel with all ur political will and make the refineries work . Then other sectors will improve. It is easier said than done. Now ghana for the past 2 years have also been experiencing bad power supply immediately they started oil exploration and selling. The cabals too have moved in there. What u said was what a local govt chairman said in ibadan about 8 years ago when campaigning within the party at the end of his talk ,3 state honorables told me that if the guy thinks 90% of politicians don't know what should be done then he is misinformed but who will do it is the question? Who will risk the wrath of the cabal and nigerians all in the bid of doing the right thing?
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Gear Up For Showdown Against Buhari by ilwar2(m): 7:25pm On Apr 30, 2015
sammyj:
GMB is open to negotiation unlike the clueless one who does not give a dam about the people that voted him into power. All PDP die hard supporters that think GMB will fail should go and hug live transformer or go and die shocked shocked grin grin grin grin
nooo thats not a punishment for now, the hugging should wait till after 29th may whe we have 247 live transformers.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Gear Up For Showdown Against Buhari by Pavore9: 7:44pm On Apr 30, 2015
JH
onatisi:
bros ,the point is the problem with the power sector goes far beyond what we think. The power problem is directly linked to fuel importation. The amount of imported fuel used to power engines and supply power to generating sets both industrial and domestic triples the amount required for transportation. So the demand for power actually does drive the demand for fuel. And we all know that the fuel importation cabal controls the govt,and they even contributed a large amount to buhari campaign. Prof sam aluko gave obj the best advice but which is very difficult and that is ban importation of fuel with all ur political will and make the refineries work . Then other sectors will improve. It is easier said than done. Now ghana for the past 2 years have also been experiencing bad power supply immediately they started oil exploration and selling. The cabals too have moved in there. What u said was what a local govt chairman said in ibadan about 8 years ago when campaigning within the party at the end of his talk ,3 state honorables told me that if the guy thinks 90% of politicians don't know what should be done then he is misinformed but who will do it is the question? Who will risk the wrath of the cabal and nigerians all in the bid of doing the right thing?

Here we are buying petrol for over N200 per litre but it is absurd to confirm to you that transport fare is cheaper here in Nairobi than in LAGOS!
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Gear Up For Showdown Against Buhari by ajaopopo: 7:46pm On Apr 30, 2015
ogawisdom:

. Can u tell ur father to shut up.then u can it shows that u are bastard child.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Gear Up For Showdown Against Buhari by onatisi(m): 7:51pm On Apr 30, 2015
Pavore9:
JH

Here we are buying petrol for over N200 per litre but it is absurd to confirm to you that transport fare is cheaper here in Nairobi than in LAGOS!
it isn't the cost that matters but availability. That is what nigerians don't understand secondly,I don't think kenya imports refined fuel ,most likely the buy crude oil and refine it in kenya ,but in nigeria ,the nation is importing refined fuel while the refineries remain moribund
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Gear Up For Showdown Against Buhari by coldFLARES1(m): 8:02pm On Apr 30, 2015
I have heard Prof T. D. West make all the noise about the absence of subsidy, in reality, and also read his chest-beating about the possibility of making a litre of PMS 40 naira. Fortunately, he is a member of the transition committee and is being rumoured to be favorite for the petroleum ministry. As it stands now, Jonathan is in order for not making any provision for subsidy since Prof West thinks there's no subsidy and he has talked about the possibility of making a litre of petrol 40 naira. If he turns around to say there's a subsisting subsidy, he should be promptly fired before a supplementary appropriation is sent to the NASS. We can't afford unpatriotic statements in the name of opposition politics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Gear Up For Showdown Against Buhari by Crowny11(f): 8:02pm On Apr 30, 2015
ogawisdom:

Y shld I bother replying u buhari defender. U r nt worth it followers of a clown r usually bigger clowns. U can go n die, u gullible n morbid fool
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Gear Up For Showdown Against Buhari by Akpan107(m): 8:21pm On Apr 30, 2015
adexway:

Apologies to this NAN correspondent, but i can see any direct quote by the President elect as to making the naira equivalent to a dollar. All I see is a quote of him expressing reservations on the situation of the Nigerian currency. Howbeit, only a gullible man will take such a promise serious, that is if the president elect did make such claim.
Ok, lets forget about NAN.

Watch the vidio below..
I will make Naira equal to Dollar,' Muhammadu Buhari - YouTube VIDEO - 1 min www.youtube.com

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Gear Up For Showdown Against Buhari by Jowonloju(m): 9:35pm On Apr 30, 2015
Buhari can never pay any subsidy, we should be ready to face the music. we can afford to be paying that kind of money abeg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

INEC Robbed APC, Akpabio Of Victory, Buhari Alleges / Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? / Saraki And Ekweremadu May Get Tough Bail Conditions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.