Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,904 members, 7,817,679 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Home Remedies Women Need To Know - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Home Remedies Women Need To Know (1276 Views)

6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer / Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage / Some Married Nigeria women Need To Upgrade!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Home Remedies Women Need To Know by ademega(m): 11:14am On Apr 30, 2015
25 Fast And Easy Fashion Fixes Every Woman.

am a huge fan of life hacks: simple solutions for common issues that annoy and frustrate us. There are few things worse than being posed with a pet peeve that ends up taking up time and energy to solve.

With that said, I have a lot of admiration for people who can use something outside of its intended purpose and help solve little problems we often face in our daily lives. I don’t think nearly as creatively as these folks. Instead of tossing something out or throwing my hands in the air and giving up, I now have solutions to problems we frequently face like how to get rid of scuff marks on my shoes or how to get rid of stuck-on gum from my clothes. Far too many times, I’ve faced these and many other problems and ended up throwing away things.

My sincerest thanks to the smart folks who have used their brains to help the rest of us.

#1. Vodka is your friend.
Pour vodka in a spray bottle with water. Spray your clothes, leave it overnight. The next day that musty smell will be gone.

#2. Make your hair appear thicker.
Mix one teaspoon of salt in a cup of water. Spray on your hair. Let it air dry. The salt will make your hair swell and appear thicker.

#3. Smelly shoes? Grab some tea bags.
Place a tea bag per shoe. Let it sit for three to four days. Take bags out and sprinkle baby powder.

#4. Suede troubles no more.
Love suede shoes but it can be a pain to keep them clean. To remove scuff marks, rub with an eraser.

#5. Get that gum out!
Put ice in a ziploc bag, place it on top of the gum stuck on your jeans. Leave it for 30 minutes or until the gum hardens. Scrape gum off.

#6. Beachy worthy hair.
To get that fun wavy beach hair tie your hair in several braids and flat iron them.

#7. An iron replacement.
No time to get the ironing board and iron out. Use a hair flat iron to press a collar or any quick fixes.

#8. Make leather softer.
It takes time for leather jackets to have that soft, buttery feel. To break it in faster, let it get a bit wet in the rain while you have it on. Bend the elbows and move around as much while it is damp.

#9. Lost your earring backing.
Cut up a piece of eraser and use it as a replacement.

#10. Keep them in shape.
Stuff your boots with magazines and newspapers. When the weather is cold again, your boots will have kept their shape.

#11. Underwire troubles.
Your favorite bra may be used so much that the underwire portrudes. Glue a piece of moleskin and that problem will be gone.

#12. Use your freezer for more than just food.
To stop your sweater from shedding everywhere, place it in a ziploc bag. Put the sweater in the freezer for three to four hours prior to wearing.

#13. Zipper problems.
Use a pencil, lip balm to rub a zipper that gets jammed.

#14. Use a keychain link to keep your jean zipper hidden.

#15. Give canvas shoes a longer life.
When your canvas get muddy or dirty, put them in the washing machine. Let them air dry afterwards.
#16. Stretch the ballerina flats.
Wear thick socks, put your new flats on and blow dry in the area blisters would appear. This will loosen the area.

#17. Twisty.
Lost a button? Use a twist tie in its place until you replace the button.

#18. Static no more.
Avoid annoying clothes getting stuck on you from static. Rub a drier sheet on the inside of your clothes. This absorbs the electricity from your apparel.

#19. Red wine stains?
Spilling red wine on a favorite piece of clothing is fixed by pouring white wine on top of it. Gently pat and send it to the wash.

#20. Remove lipstick stains easily.
To remove lipstick stain on clothing, use hairspray and let it sit for a couple of minutes. Dab it and throw it in the wash. Please note, this does not apply to dry clean only clothes.

#21. Stretch your shoes out.
Shoes feeling a bit too tight? Fill a bag of water, insert in the shoe and place them in the freezer overnight.

#22. Armpit stains be gone!
Mix baking soda and lemon juice to form a paste. Rub it on the arm pit stain and let it soak. Rinse and put in your regular wash.

#23. Don't throw your old sweater out.
Use the sleeves to create a fun boot cuff.

#24. Shaving cream.
Foundation on your clothes does not mean it's permanent. Dispense shaving cream on the stained area, letting it soak. Throw it in the wash afterwards.

#25. Do it like the athletes.
Help blisters caused by the friction of your shoes to your skin. Apply deodorant on the affected area. It will ease the discomfort.

http://www.lifebuzz.com/fashion-fixers/5/

Re: Home Remedies Women Need To Know by randomcook: 3:44pm On Apr 30, 2015
the best thread so far.
Re: Home Remedies Women Need To Know by preciousMI1(f): 9:30am On May 01, 2015
loving this
Re: Home Remedies Women Need To Know by Amhappy(f): 11:38am On May 01, 2015
Lovely,Thanks for sharing
Re: Home Remedies Women Need To Know by bukatyne(f): 1:05pm On May 01, 2015
Amhappy:
Lovely,Thanks for sharing
Re: Home Remedies Women Need To Know by Nobody: 12:02pm On May 02, 2015
Very nice

(1) (Reply)

When A 10 Year Old Calls Her Mum silly / Help A Helpless Single Mother. :( / He Is Without Legs So He Drew Legs For Himself - So Touching

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.