Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food (28746 Views)

My Wife Has Given Me Days To Come For Sex Every Week / This Man Almost Blind His Wife Just Because She Greet Her Pastor. (photo) / See How This Kid Greet Her Daddy On Father's Day(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 03, 2015
See ask everyone dey yarn dust as if your grandfather do greet your grandmother any time She serves food to Him.

Last bullet:

It's choice, not mandatory.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Nobody: 1:15pm On May 03, 2015
What kind of STUPID question made this front page..?

1 Like

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Nov2(m): 1:15pm On May 03, 2015
If i were u i even start thanking her in arrears for all d cooking and even thank her in advance for d meal. Saying thank u to her is just a way of saying i enjoyed ur meal ane grateful. If u can't say thank u how ll u teach ur kids to appreciate there mother?

2 Likes

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by shammah1(m): 1:16pm On May 03, 2015
Your husband? undecided so you're a female
Wedon:

Please what's the big deal

When someone serves you a meal, you should say 'thank you' . . . Be it your wife at home, waiter in a restaurant or even your cook. It's common courtesy for God's sakes.

And yes, my husband thanks me. Not necessarily out of 'respect' but out of courtesy.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by rabimlomo: 1:17pm On May 03, 2015
crackhaus:

Thanks for your unsolicited words of wisdom Mr/Mrs marriage counsellor, but you shouldn't be bothered about my life when you haven't solved all your own problems.

Keep on with it you hear. Your responses show the kind of person you are and I hope you change soon. smiley

1 Like

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 03, 2015
ahmedolawale:
If it is compulsory that am to thank her for the good meal every time that means she must also thank me for working so hard in order to provide money for the meals and her need also.

I wonder Ooo, even the day She will cook something funny. I dash her thank you, say weti happen. grin
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Assslayer: 1:19pm On May 03, 2015
Yes I agree , all men should say a warmth Thank you for a meal cooked by their wife. As for me for every service rendered to either I paid for the service or not I always say a kind Thank you
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by U2ice(m): 1:19pm On May 03, 2015
Mr man courtesy demands u say thank you nt only wen u finish eatin, bt even d buisness world

Step on ur pride man
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by emmatok(m): 1:20pm On May 03, 2015
Billyonaire:
It is MANDATORY to tell your wife "Thank You", and if you forget to thank her, do apologize if she reminds you. The fact that you were not raised with that orientation does not mean it was right. You should learn the simple habits of courtesy, and make sure you pass that to your kids. My wife even makes me say thank you to the domestic staff when they present me anything and she also makes me add "Please" when asking anyone for anything. I accept these corrections and I have realized that life is more pleasant at home when I use more "Thank you" and "Please".

So marriage has now become legalistic that we have to apply rules for everything,
If you want thank you to feed your family, you should also thank him for banging you.
Hope she also thanked him for paying her bride price.
Marriage should be enjoyable .
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by staymore: 1:21pm On May 03, 2015
While growing up you were not telling your mum 'thanks mum' after eating, that's why you are finding it difficult to tell your wife thank you.

Saying thank you to your wife after meal will make her want to perform her duties better. I was thought even if the food is salty that day, simply say baby thank you, but I guess you unknowingly added more salt today.

Now if you've not appreciated her how can you correct her?

Courtesy is necessary in a happy home.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by xtervaganza(m): 1:23pm On May 03, 2015
She is not your slave, Mister, thank her always for preparing food for you

but if she demands it with a fight or argument that would be the end of me eating her food and thanking. Matter of fact she would have to beg me to eat her food again
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by crackhaus: 1:23pm On May 03, 2015
rabimlomo:

Keep on with it you hear. Your responses show the kind of person you are and I hope you change soon. smiley
Rabimlomo shouldn't care about my responses, the kind of person I am, or if I need to change or not.

Not your problem, genius.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by tonyx4x44(m): 1:24pm On May 03, 2015
Stillfire:
By greeting, I guess you mean saying thank you? undecided
So which culture tells you not to acknowledge someone when a favor is being done for you?
Name the culture here.
It's common courtesy to say thank you when someone serves you food.

typical african culture does not see the wife serving the husband as a favour, rather as a compulsory obligation.
probably expects the woman to be grateful self that her food was eaten well.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by SUNGOLD24(m): 1:26pm On May 03, 2015
[quote author=adanduka post=33283922]

My mum tells my dad thank you after eating and my dad says thank you to her too. Mum's own sounds like a respect-formality kinda thing while dad's sounds like a thanks-for-the-great-meal kinda thing.
Your wife shouldn't tell you to say thank you. You're not a child. But you need to commend her on her culinary skills, that's what she might be asking here. U ar on point there. most men feels 2 big 2 say tnx 2 dia wife.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by kkboy(m): 1:26pm On May 03, 2015
In a typical African family setup there are roles for each person, the father, the mother and the children. These roles are ment to be appreciated by each party. But the idea of greeting tout wife after cooking and serving is allen to our culture and must be discouraged. Let's she will demand a thank you for sleeping with her and sooner then later add some monitory or other incentives to her expected role. We are ment to appreciate and not to great.(my opinion)

1 Like

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 03, 2015
Adufetohposh:
Bros calm down we are saying the same thing.

As a woman I love my man to compliment me, yes it feels good to know that my man appreciates my effort. But it's wrong to tell him to always thank me for doing my duty.

I should even pat him on d Back for eating and enjoying it, some men dnt even eat their woman's food. But that's a story for another day wink

Summary.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by sukkot: 1:27pm On May 03, 2015
Chinom:
Mandatory ? ! Hell no. Some women will look at you in a strange if you even say ' Thank you' after each meal. Some African women are even embarrassed to hear it from their husband. In all my years growing up at home, I've never heard my dad say thank you After meals. On the contrary, he will bark that the plates should be removed. However, my mom cooks the food, but does not serve it. The maid serves it.

I am sure most Igbo wives can relate to this. Many Igbo men still live like Okonkwo in " Things fall apart". Very few say thank you to their wives after serving them food. Many wives feel uncomfortable to even hear that 'thank you' that they don't really know how to respond.

I don't think many African men say thank you to their wives for cooking for them. It is not expected. You can always thank your wife in many other ways.
where is he from ? let me guess ? sambisa forest or biafra ?

1 Like

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by logica(m): 1:29pm On May 03, 2015
tonyx4x44:

typical african culture does not see the wife serving the husband as a favour, rather as a compulsory obligation.
probably expects the woman to be grateful self that her food was eaten well.
Excuse me please; which "typical" African culture do you speak of? Definitely not Yoruba. This is why Pan Africanism will never work. We are too disparate to reach a common ground.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 03, 2015
Chillisauce:
Go and learn basic courtesy.

You say thanks for any favor received, whether you paid for it or not.
Thank you to the fuel station attendant
thank you to that waitress
thank you to the car washer man etc.

Learn to say thank you.
Maybe you need to look up the word "favour" in your dictionary.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 03, 2015
I just don't know why some people travel leaving their brain behind?

SORRY, PLEASE and THANK YOU are vital in our daily endeavors. Either in our place of work, indoor, outdoor or relationship....They take NOTHING from us but EARN us huge respect.... cool

Complementing your spouse efforts (cooking, washing etc) would ignite, stimulate and guaranteed another future performance.... grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by donshaddow(m): 1:33pm On May 03, 2015
I'm sorry I'll have to be blunt on this issue.

1. You said its not in your culture to greet after meal.

2. She demands it from you.

3. You naturally forget.

4. You had issues with her.

I will take it one step after another.

Marriage means 2 people with different background and ideology coming together.

Respect is earned and can never be demanded, otherwise it becomes authoritarian.

For the fact that its not in your culture neither is it in your upbringing and your wife wanna introduce such a foreign character to you, it takes time for you to even master it.

Even, you might never master it or get comfortable with it because you behavior will be fully mature when you become an adult and its hard for something else to be included in it.

Women are hard generally, and they don't reason the way men reasons.

She should force such thing on you to respect or appreciate her when she cooks.. Does she say thank you when you fulfill your manly duty at home?

She's just like my elder sister who nags at every opportunity not knowing she's pushing her younger ones away from her. No one wants to live with her because she wants you to say 'ma', tell you what to do. Say good morning, ask before you pee, ask where you are going and if you forget to tell her she says you're irresponsible.

My brother, I don't intend to write an epistle here, it demands on how close you are to her and how attentive she can be, and if she can compromise her 'standard' and accommodate your error (not greeting), then your marriage is good to go.

Sit her up, tell her its not that you don't appreciate her efforts and contribution in the family, but you're not used to saying thank you after meal.

If she agrees, then you'll live happily ever after. Otherwise you're forced to adjust.

Otherwise, you'll have to do her wishes, and if you do that, she controls the house. Then you'll become the slave.

Sorry to say the truth because that's exactly what I will do.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Strongfaze(m): 1:33pm On May 03, 2015
Please greet her. It takes nothing off you at all. The problem with the OP and indeed most individuals is that they are using an outdated map. Please OP revise/update your to include saying thank you with a big smile to your wife whenever she serves food to you. # by the time you get some burns or cuts in the kitchen, then you will know what it means to cook 3 times a day multiplied by 365 days.#
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by disloman(m): 1:35pm On May 03, 2015
braine:
Its actually ungrateful of you not to atleast thank her. You think its easy to cook? I'm sure you're not used to that too. You should thank her for every single thing she does for you, to show a sign of appreciation! Plus, she may be your wife but that doesn't make her your slave.
some men don't knw thank u goes a long way.Thanking her makes her happy n willing to do things 4 u even not convenient 4 her.After eating,I alway say this"thank u Jesus 4 d food n thanks my wife too.

1 Like

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 03, 2015
babyosisi:

No, my husband doesn't say a hearty thank you after eating,he says it occasionally and I appreciate when he does but I have never and will never demand a thank you from him for cooking or serving his meal.
It's not a big deal .
For your wife to attach so much importance to this,I see bigger issues here
I am also certain she is very demanding in other areas
This almost sounds insane,a woman demanding a thank you for cooking? shocked shocked shocked
There is nothing I won't hear.
In case you are wondering,this is not normal o, have never heard this sort of thing ever in my life up till this moment and I have heard a lot of stories,this your situation is quite rare.
You must be walking on egg shells around the woman

What other rules and regulations has she given you?
If she can be this militant at home, I feel sorry for any subordinates she may have at the workplace

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by sukkot: 1:36pm On May 03, 2015
if you are in a marriage where you say THANK YOU to each other for meals cooked, let me just tell you that you are in a USELESS marriage. you are not best friends and you still have barriers between you. you are walking on egg shells around each other. the union is not free flowing and playful. you are not BEST FRIENDS. you are just conveniently co-existing and co-cohabiting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 03, 2015
oloyede252:

you and your slave mentality
maybe he should name their child thank you.
So he can always be calling his wife MOMMY THANK YOU

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by emmatok(m): 1:39pm On May 03, 2015
kkboy:
In a typical African family setup there are roles for each person, the father, the mother and the children. These roles are ment to be appreciated by each party. But the idea of greeting tout wife after cooking and serving is allen to our culture and must be discouraged. Let's she will demand a thank you for sleeping with her and sooner then later add some monitory or other incentives to her expected role. We are ment to appreciate and not to great.(my opinion)

This has nothing to do with African, even educated whites don't say thank you every time they eat their wife's meal.

Abba, should they now be thanking each other for all their roles and responsibilities in the marriage

Marriage is not this legalistic.

If you expect every thing in Marriage to be black/white, then you're in for trouble.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by SammieRexx(m): 1:40pm On May 03, 2015
Ezenwa11:
@Op be careful, marriage issues are sensitive and you have to do the needful to keep your home at peace, as you know what works for my own home may not be applicable to your home.
I'm a married man like you, I live up to my expectations to the best of my ability and I expect nothing less than that from my wife too. Should we start thanking ourselves every dime time we perform our duty as expected? No. If yes, I wonder how many thank you each of us will be receiving daily. Whenever I pay my kids school fees, give my her money for shopping, give her money to buy food stuff, etc I should be expecting thank you, isn't it? They are my duties and I must do them without expecting thank you. I am supposed to take care of my family without expecting well done from anyone because I'm not doing anybody a favour. I don't know why people are complaining when there's virtually nothing to complain about. #mythought
300000000000000000 likes for dis ur comment
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 03, 2015
iyaayi:
My husband says 'thank you' every time I serve him food, and also when I pack the plates after he's done eating.
Likewise, I say thank you and also pray for him every time he gives the housekeeping or other money, including our children school fees.
These appreciative acts definitely go a looong way in mutual respect and affection for one another.
Cool. But insisting it must be done is so not healthy for the relationship.

This is how people wonder how the romance that was once in the relationship suddenly disappears. Please, marriage/relationship is not government job. Just let it flow.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by adebiyi394: 1:45pm On May 03, 2015
Dera25:
My wife says I should be greeting her each time I finish eating, if not for anything but for the sake that she take her time prepare the food and serve me. She says that she deserves a greeting from me.

I said okay, just that it is not part of our culture and I don't think I will be keep up greeting her each time she gives me food.

It is not that greeting her will reduce anything from me but the issue is that I don't usually remember this greeting after eating because it is not part of me, although I do greet sometimes for peace to reign, but the way she reminds me of this greeting of a thing gets me angry, as if it is mandatory or something to the extent that sometimes we've had issues because of it.

So daddies and mummies in the house, do you greet your wife after she has given you food? Or do your husband greet you after eating? If yes is it a mandate or just for fun?

Please let me remind you that this is not the issue of been a breadwinner or not. I beg you to forgive my long story and wrong grammer for I am not a grammerian.

Thanks in advance.
Its not mandatory but if you want to live long its better you imbibe the culture of greeting her as she demands to avoid unnecessary issues within the home.Our women are so sensitive to issues like this and they always want to have things there way.God bless our homes.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Nobody: 1:47pm On May 03, 2015
Dera25:

Thanks a lot bt am not saying that it is not right bt making it mandatory is wht I dnt like. Remember in my passage I said I do greet sometimes just dt I dnt usually remember it
what would you do if she forgets to cook for you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

12 Types Of Guests We All Get Tired Of In Our Homes / Reasons Why Your Husband Will Be Snatched By A Mistress- Dokun Olumofin / Spousal Abuse Against Men Rising In Lagos – UI Criminologist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.