Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,281 members, 7,867,749 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:23 PM

The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued (1802 Views)

Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige / Buhari: Tell Me If I Should Change Ministers / How Ijaws Used Naive Igbos To Wipe Their Political Arse! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued by AbuMaryam1(m): 4:28am On May 02, 2015
These flat heads will never learn, keep hating to justify
Your political decision una go hear wen!!!

GMB UNTILL IGBO LEARN POLITICS

1 Like

Re: The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued by handsometokunbo: 5:50am On May 02, 2015
Ezemust:
In my opinion something urgent need to be done to the political conciousness of the Igbos as a whole.A drastic measure is needed to curb the unbecoming mindset of the Igbos concerning their political life. This past election was a strong wake up call for the Igbo.it had opened many blind eye to see the reality on ground.and now that the reality has hit us on the neck,i think we need to stand up and realise ourself.we need to make use of the daylight in search of the black goat before darkness befalls us all.we all need to make up our mind on our wants and in uniform agitates for it.in other word,let stop sitting on the fence and acting up the NEUTRAL. WHEN i went home from the North to my state Enugu for the presidential election did i realise the malady of a situation the igbos place themself in term of politics.the situation was so sordid to the extent i became a make-shift preacher.i have to shout out my voice and explain things out to this VAGUE people. I was mad.i was really mad at my people.why wont i be mad when this people develop a political mentality of I DONT CARE ATTITUED?WHY wont i be mad when men with pvc will rather choose to tape their palm win on election day instead of going out to vote?why wont i be mad when young ladies with pvc will rather stay at home and gossip instead of going out to vote?why wont i be mad..........why wont i be mad.........why wont i be mad?and do u know what was their excuse:?I HAVE NOT VOTED BEFORE,THE GOVERNMENT DONT FEED ME.MY GOD. Imagin this:-while going home i was worried knowing that my vote is lost due to change of enviroment.now after landing in my home of fourteen people,eight of them with pvc.on the day of election only my uncle went out to vote.the others dont even know were they kept their pvc.and this are people praying for gej to win.i was scared to the bone.wahala dey.what is this?how are you going to win when every hausa man with pvc is goner vote in this election?in Igbo rural areas i lent 60% did'nt vote. In my humble opinion i think drastic measures is paramount.there's a need for a strong wave of arwearness to hit the ground running in the East.i think wat is helping the North is the media.and we can copy from them.lets put more effort in using the the redio stations across the land to educat our people.whe we unite against this unbecoming issues we can all win together.

Lol!!!! It happens everywhere in Nigeria and around the world. There is nothing you can do about it.

Point of correction, Igbos have always been active as far as politics is concerned right from 1960 till date but it just that Yorubas beat them to their games this time around. Igbos have never been neutral politically since Independence; always formed alliance with Northern Oligarchy. It's quite shocking to see these same Ibos getting upset with Yorubas for forming alliance with Northerners.

The neutral people since Independence are Yorubas as AG led by Chief Awolowo and the rest of Southern Nigeria while Igbos are always with Northern Oligarchy.

Even if the whole region comes out to vote, it won't change anything at federal level cos Igbos are 3rd largest ethnic group in Nigeria.

Take a look at the real map of Nigeria
Re: The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued by theV0ice: 7:27am On May 02, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:
op even if all those absentees voted, yoruba betrayal would still have allowed buhary to win

the problem is south west

stop blaming our people

When will your confusion stop?

Sometimes I'll hear how inconsequential Yoruba votes are since GMB defeated GEJ by only 600,000 votes in the SW. Sometimes like now, you're saying Yoruba votes cost gej the election.

When will you be man enough to apportion blames to yourself?

When have you and the Yoruba ever voted along the same line? Did the Yoruba accuse you of betrayal when Igbo voted Shagari instead of Awo? Did they raise hell when you voted Tofa instead of MKO? When MKO even defeated Tofa in his home state of Kano?

O son of Lucifer, when will you be man enough to accept responsibility? Even the SS are not winning this much
Re: The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued by Ilekeh(f): 7:45am On May 02, 2015
ziccoit:

You successfully rig an election in your stronghold. You dare not enter your opponent territory else you may be decimated. Before March 28, the stronghold of PDP has been pushed to SS and SE and those are the places where heavy rigging was perpetrated. Without rigging in those two regions, the PDP defeat would have been monumental. The merging would have been crazy. The turn out in some of the states in SS and SE where you said people didn't come out to vote did not resonate with reality on ground. 80% turnout was not low, it was fraudulently remarkable and didn't portend with your assertion that people failed to come out to vote! Technically people came out enmassed to vote GEJ in those regions which was not the case in reality.

The turnout in entire SW states was less than 40% in some state it was about 30%. Let me be plain here, PDP heavily rigged election in SS and SE that was why turnout was that crazy and the only reason the margins was that close!

So it was even 40% and Buhari still won?

Chaii Yoruba people.......the day Yorubas tribalise politics like the SS/SE, that's the day they real crying will begin.

I remember a few months prior to election, NLers made fun of the SW region for its low PVC distribution. Now they blame the same SW for Buhari's victory.

This same SW gave GEJ the crown in 2011. The same SW took it away in 2015.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued by folexx66: 9:41am On May 02, 2015
Igbo can Neva change dere attitude till kingdom come,in buzz and politics.
Re: The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued by Nobody: 10:48am On May 02, 2015
Ezemust:
are u inside the house or outside in the rain?
For a stupid guy lyk u. You can do much better.
Re: The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued by Kolade354(m): 11:04am On May 02, 2015
vislabraye:
Ezemust, you spoke well. I still blame the presidency for allowing this nonsense tlo happen. You can imagine all the underaged voters in Kano with pvc.
It's an eyesore for you to sit down and allow people to rig yiu out of office. I would have rather resignedlong before than to allow this happen.
Gej should have changed Jega since because there was evidence that he was having meeting with APC big wigs in Dubai. He did nothing. I don't know why he decided to have an adequate plan.
Really, the party failed. If they had done things right, they would have shut the mouths of those lousy tribalists.
Somebody need to check your brain......In 2011 Jega was not partsian, Now becos your kinsmen lost Jega is now partisian........You are among the type of pple The OP is talking about.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Will Defeat APC Today With 65 Senators On My Side – Saraki / Less Than A Month In Office Buhari Orders Bombing Of Christian SS / Abacha’s Personal Doctor Sheds Light On How He Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.