Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,441 members, 7,850,545 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:02 AM

The Secret Behind The Toothpaste Bottom Colour - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Secret Behind The Toothpaste Bottom Colour (39983 Views)

True Or False? – The Hidden Secret Behind Toothpaste Bottom Color / Hidden Interpretation Of Toothpaste Bottom Colour / The Hidden Secret Behind Toothpaste Bottom Color (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Re: The Secret Behind The Toothpaste Bottom Colour by inikamoze(m): 10:49am On Dec 15, 2015
This information is false: Read more on this

https://www.nairaland.com/2800003/true-false-hidden-secret-behind
Re: The Secret Behind The Toothpaste Bottom Colour by Mcoldsoja(m): 2:06pm On Jan 01, 2016
Re: The Secret Behind The Toothpaste Bottom Colour by sucobaba(m): 12:03pm On Mar 26, 2016
Thanks @OP for the eye-opener, had to quickly check mine and it came out BLUE. However, I believe the information is false.

@Everyone, We should always take in information with an open mind and do our own findings before consumption. The internet is a washed with so many false information......how and what we decipher is KEY.

Kudos to these peeps and others for stating the obvious

zhiggy1:

Origins:   This item about markings on toothpaste tubes is yet another Internet-circulated consumer tip that supposedly provides useful information about a common class of product by revealing data that is available only to those "in the know" who are cognizant of where to look for hidden

Report Advertisement
indicators and how to interpret them. And as is typical of such tips, the claim about what these indicators supposedly reveal is completely wrong.

According to this bit of online lore, the colored squares or rectangular bars found on the crimp at the closed end of toothpaste tubes signify the composition of the product contained therein: whether its ingredients are "natural" or "chemical," and whether the toothpaste includes "medicine." (These terms are really too vague to be useful, as even "natural" products are made up of "chemicals," and "medicine" is too non-specific a term to be informative.)

However, those colored squares on the crimps of those tubes have nothing to do with the formulation of the toothpaste inside. They're an artifact of the manufacturing process known as "eye marks" or "color marks," printed marks that can be read by light beam sensors and typically identify where product packaging is to be cut or folded as connected units stream through machinery at high speed:
Eye mark: A printed rectangular mark most often found along the edge of webstock that can be identified by an electric eye. The mark identifies a point on the web where an individual package is to be cut.

Sormeh:
I don't think the op is right. those colours hv nothing to do with the ingredients used at all. I'm sure you guys hv seen similar colours on other packaged products like biscuits, detergents, nylon packed margarines, etc. Those colour stripes are there to let the automated sealing machine recognize the place to seal and cut. Manufacturers can use any colour they wish for the bottom stripe (depending on the colours present on their packaging design) to program their sealing machine. It has nothing to do with the ingredients.

yunusa2k2:
Completely false
as usual (End time things)
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/household/toothpastemarkings.asp

My source
www.snopes.com/inboxer/household/toothpastemarkings.asp

Let's always do our own findings about everything and not taking it in hook,line and sinker.

Happy Easter

Cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dr. Stella Emmanuel On COVID-19: 'With Hydroxychloroquine I Cured 350 Patients' / Identities Of The 8 Children Who Died In An Abandoned Car In Lagos Revealed / COVID-19: Ogun Confirms 62-Year Old Man As New Case, Identifies 32 Contact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.