Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,260 members, 7,822,319 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Pastor's Widow's To Sue Assemblies Of God General Council - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor's Widow's To Sue Assemblies Of God General Council (29915 Views)

Photos Of Assemblies Of God Members Dancing After Supreme Court Victory / Assemblies Of God: Chidi Okorafor & His Thugs Attack Pastors, Beat, Teargas Them / Assemblies Of God: Police Chase Pastor Out Of Church Secretariat In Enugu (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor's Widow's To Sue Assemblies Of God General Council by Dyoungstar: 11:00pm On May 02, 2015
Compiled by:
Isaiah Amadi.

ASSEMBLIES OF GOD NIGERIA PASTORS WIDOW’S TO SUE THE GENERAL COUNCIL OVER REFUSAL TO PAY GRATUITY.

The Assemblies of God church Nigeria has denied we the minor pastor’s widow’s our right to our husband’s gratuity; I am writing this article because I am affected by their decision to deny us our gratuity: Rev Mrs Gladness.

I am angry with the turnout of events with the church; I lost my husband last year and since then till this moment all efforts to secure my husband’s gratuity have been hitting rocks. I have six children I cater for and they are still schooling, the general council did not make any provision for the welfare of their pastors widows/children like other churches do yet when we make demands for what our husbands were able to save from the little stipends they were paid, instead of listening to us and give us our rights they abuse us and humiliate us.

We were asked to come to Okpoto to collect forms to fill since the district superintendent belong to a faction, we travelled from the north to Okpoto to get this forms and we went to the presbyters to sign them and we returned them to Okpoto using the little cash we were supposed to use for feeding to run around and after all the stressful movements here and there all they do is promises upon promises. I went back to Evangel camp Okpoto to know what the next plan is since all the numbers given to me were never reachable, on arriving their the people working in pensions office ridiculed and made mockery of me and told me they will call me whenever they are ready for me that I should stop disturbing them over my own right.

I made every effort to see Rev Chidi Okoroafor but his personal assistant rebuffed me, I was later directed to the general treasurer whose P.A didn’t give me a listening ear. I got to the general secretary’s office where the staff there told me that there is no hope of me getting my husband’s gratuity in the nearest future on the claims that none of the officials ever come to office, that they were around that week because they had meeting and wedding of the GS daughter.

This issue affects only the widows from the minority group (small churches) as I was told by an official in the Evangel camp temporal secretariat. I can’t waste my time pleading with anyone on this issue anymore. I have contacted my brother who is a barrister on this matter and anytime from now we will be heading to the tribunal since that’s what they want we will go that way.

Speaking with the widow’s son he said:
I was born and bred in Assemblies of God church of Nigeria, from Umuahia district where my father started his pastoral call after graduating from AGDSN Umuahia and was later transferred to northern Nigeria on inter-state transfer.

He was one of the minor pastors who served as missionary pastors and suffered grossly for the calling, we the children suffered the consequences of his decision to be a pastor; I wouldn’t want to mention the hard times and setbacks we encountered in every sphere of life.

My father was paid six thousand naira to cater for his family of six children, himself and our mother. From this six thousand naira the district claims some ration as tithe and other deductions too that they claim to be burial funds and the rest of them thereby leaving my father with nothing at the end of the day. These cases apply to all other minor pastors too who found themselves in the same situation.

The issue is not that my father was underpaid, I have no business with that but the fact that they which claimed to be holy and spiritual leaders lie to us every day while they loot the church money amongst themselves, I won’t mention names but any reasonable member of the church knows that the crisis that erupted was as a result of the discovery of mismanaged funds and looting the suspended general superintendent Paul Emeka discovered in the system that made them call for his immediate termination and removal; like I said before, its none of my business what they do with the church money, my concern is the powers that be refusing to pay the families of the pastors that lost their lives in service which my family was among. We don’t get pension in cases of death and the church has no support plans for their deceased pastor’s family yet the little our fathers contribute to their account they refuse to pay us claiming there is no money. Some families had applied for their gratuity since 2013 and 2014 till date nothing has been done about it, the powers that be paid deaf ears.

No one should misunderstand me, I do not belong or support any faction; in fact I left the church long time ago. My reason for voicing out is that they have denied us our right, our father’s gratuity and tend to abuse us and make jest of us whenever we go to Okpoto to make demands for this entitlement. Traveling from Lagos, Port Harcourt to Ebonyi state is not cheap and the risk of plying the road put together they never one day considered.

We have made up my mind to sue the general council if they refuse to pay us our money within a given period of time best known to us, we might join forces with other affected families for this fight; as I write we have made all necessary arrangements to head to the tribunal because enough has got to be enough. I have made all efforts to reach the powers that be but they all proved futile, I know they read all my mails and messages to them both on facebook, phone and emails, they also get my messages from their relatives, friends and P.A’s and none of them will blame me for taking any actions negative or positive to get what belongs to me.

http://wikisozo.com/story/read/29144/assemblies-of-God-nigeria-pastors-widows-to-sue-the-general-council-over-refusal-to-pay-gratuity#.VUVHTqMo_Fo

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=812452362179847&id=1556095891269709

CC: Lalasticlala, Seun.

Please help and move this to front-page.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor's Widow's To Sue Assemblies Of God General Council by ARKdiscloser7(m): 11:05pm On May 02, 2015
I see you as a paid agent of Paul Emeka.

He lost the court of Appeal case just few weeks ago and has filed another appeal at the Supreme Court.

Please bow your head in shame for brining out such write up here and may God Almighty.

9 Likes

Re: Pastor's Widow's To Sue Assemblies Of God General Council by Dyoungstar: 11:08pm On May 02, 2015

1 Like

Re: Pastor's Widow's To Sue Assemblies Of God General Council by Dyoungstar: 11:08pm On May 02, 2015
ARKdiscloser7:

He lost the court of Appeal case just few weeks ago and has filed another appeal at the Supreme Court.

Please bow your head in shame for brining out such write up here and may God Almighty.

Make your findings first brother before drawing conclusions.

I have no time for church runs.

33 Likes

Re: Pastor's Widow's To Sue Assemblies Of God General Council by Nobody: 11:14pm On May 02, 2015
Woman! Six children in today's world Na wa o.

6 Likes

Re: Pastor's Widow's To Sue Assemblies Of God General Council by Jackeeh(m): 11:19pm On May 02, 2015
These people ought to know that widows shouldn't be joked with. Smh

7 Likes

Re: Pastor's Widow's To Sue Assemblies Of God General Council by Nobody: 11:51pm On May 02, 2015
widows should not be made to go through hardship so please and please resolved this issue ASAP

12 Likes

Re: Pastor's Widow's To Sue Assemblies Of God General Council by ARKdiscloser7(m): 7:40am On May 03, 2015
Paul Emeka just wanted yo use this poor widows to whip up sentiment.

He has lost it all after bringing so much hatred and division in God's house.

@poster: deny that you don't have any connection with TST?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor's Widow's To Sue Assemblies Of God General Council by OVI75(m): 11:25am On May 03, 2015
WELL IF THIS CASE IS TRUE,PLEASE HEAD TO COURT.BUT THIS PAUL EMEKA VS CHIDI ISSUE HAV MADE ME LOSE MY RESPECT FOR D LATTER WHOSE MESSAGES I BELIEVE SO MUCH,THOUGH AM AN ANGLICAN ESPECIALLY INJURY TIME.

1 Like

Re: Pastor's Widow's To Sue Assemblies Of God General Council by shedrack222: 12:30pm On May 03, 2015
Hm

How To Get Airtel Free 500MB, 1GB or 2GB Without Stress (Tweaking Imei Not Required)

[url]proudlyweb.com/how-to-get-airtel-free-500mb-1gb-or-2gb-without-stress-tweaking-imei-not-required[/url]
Re: Pastor's Widow's To Sue Assemblies Of God General Council by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:33pm On May 03, 2015
Land for sale
Re: Pastor's Widow's To Sue Assemblies Of God General Council by djbussy(m): 12:34pm On May 03, 2015
MANY CHURCHS ARE DEVIL'S RESTING GROUND.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor's Widow's To Sue Assemblies Of God General Council by canalily(m): 12:35pm On May 03, 2015
undecidedundecided
Re: Pastor's Widow's To Sue Assemblies Of God General Council by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 03, 2015
Black man and woman know yourself... There is no God in heaven.... Tap into ur divine power

A word is enough for the wise

2 Likes

Re: Pastor's Widow's To Sue Assemblies Of God General Council by benuejosh: 12:35pm On May 03, 2015
Ok
Re: Pastor's Widow's To Sue Assemblies Of God General Council by texazzpete(m): 12:36pm On May 03, 2015
ARKdiscloser7:
Paul Emeka just wanted yo use this poor widows to whip up sentiment.

He has lost it all after bringing so much hatred and division in God's house.

@poster: deny that you don't have any connection with TST?

Why don't you first Deny or affirm that you don't know there is no decent structure to pay the widows of pastors.
A widow is struggling and you satanic maggots are talking factional politics.

22 Likes

Re: Pastor's Widow's To Sue Assemblies Of God General Council by Darejyde(m): 12:36pm On May 03, 2015
hmmm.....
Re: Pastor's Widow's To Sue Assemblies Of God General Council by freshcvv(m): 12:36pm On May 03, 2015
As soon as the church gets her own private jet, they will attend to your case.

So stop disturbing or na Satan send you to demand for your right?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor's Widow's To Sue Assemblies Of God General Council by Bibol(f): 12:36pm On May 03, 2015
Judgement will start in the house of God. The church should come out and clear the air

2 Likes

Re: Pastor's Widow's To Sue Assemblies Of God General Council by Firefire(m): 12:36pm On May 03, 2015
Misunderstandings among the church leadership and the recent factions among the fold is responsible for the delayed payment.

I trust the leadership of the body of Christ (Assemblies of God) under Rev Chidi Okoroafor.

Kindly direct your grievances to the appropriate authority, you shall surely get adequate resolution.

Shalom & Maranatha!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor's Widow's To Sue Assemblies Of God General Council by McEwen(m): 12:37pm On May 03, 2015
Show down!
Re: Pastor's Widow's To Sue Assemblies Of God General Council by boolet: 12:37pm On May 03, 2015
Hmmm. Husband being a reverend automatically qualifies the wife as a Rev as well?
Re: Pastor's Widow's To Sue Assemblies Of God General Council by desmondDessi(m): 12:37pm On May 03, 2015
Re: Pastor's Widow's To Sue Assemblies Of God General Council by smartmom(f): 12:38pm On May 03, 2015
So sad indeed. Faction or no faction, if they are denied the gratuity, it is bad indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor's Widow's To Sue Assemblies Of God General Council by melele17: 12:39pm On May 03, 2015
I wash off my hand on church things
Re: Pastor's Widow's To Sue Assemblies Of God General Council by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 03, 2015
Ok
Re: Pastor's Widow's To Sue Assemblies Of God General Council by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 03, 2015
ok... church politics things...
Re: Pastor's Widow's To Sue Assemblies Of God General Council by mytime24(f): 12:41pm On May 03, 2015
Hmm
Re: Pastor's Widow's To Sue Assemblies Of God General Council by stonecoldcafe: 12:41pm On May 03, 2015
ARKdiscloser7:

Would you say that if you were the one expecting your father's money?

In other news, some church folks can make you lose your faith.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead / Throwback Photo Of Bishop David Oyedepo And His Family / Apostle Little-David Foc: ‘Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Election’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.