Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User (30498 Views)

Photo Of A Baby Born With Teeth - Twitter User / Man's Lips Swollen After MouthAction With A Lady - Facebook User (Photo) / Eye Care: What You Must Never Do To Contact Lens- Experts Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by JayJustus(m): 7:45pm On May 03, 2015
I've been on glasses since 2012...well got worse as I've moved powers twice now i have to use with prism...hehehehehe...if you know what I mean...it's okay men...I still kissed a girl like last two weeks with glasses on...just be positive...and sometimes pretend like you can see...hahahaha...it works like 40% not until you hit your head on a street light...but be positive man...

4 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by cychioma: 7:47pm On May 03, 2015
bro4u:
Op you dont need a new glass,all you need is faith and fervent prayers,you can even vow never to put it on again.Then it shall be well with you.
prayer wont cure shortsightedness. dont be ignorant.
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by segzyndpep(m): 7:47pm On May 03, 2015
aimuan:
i understand ur predicament. Buy if only u will listen to me.i suffer far more than dis ur case, at a time my optician couldnt even offer any help, I was told I had to manage d little vision I had left and thats was after goin for eye surgery twice.but I got back my complet vision with use of adult stem cell, which helped to rebulid my already demaged eye.right now I can wright,watch TV,look out computer without problem.do you live in lagos?

Please can u drop ur number for whatsapp or pin i meed the adult stem cell sir
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by nedu2000(m): 7:48pm On May 03, 2015
Bollinger:

I can't believe i have to explain this;

Point 1. Ever heard of Lasik or PRK?

Point 2. Seriously? you missed a romantic moment because of glasses. If you have to wear glasses to kiss a lady then you are blind.

Point 3. You probably bought your glasses under the bridge at ojuelegba. Prescribed glasses meant for only you should not be uncomfortable. I wear glasses, so i know.

Point 4. Now i know this is MOD story. It's all made up.

Point 5. More confirmation that it's a MOD story.
i've won glasses since 1993,well I must admit i've patronised the seller's from oguelegba at least 3x but the inconvenience is not peculiar to them alone.
Haba i've had my way with a few chics in my time but there've been two that got away 'cause as I leaned to kiss I nervously started adjusting my head so she doesn't hit them(i was quite shy then).what confirmation do u want?my pics?
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by handsometokunbo: 7:48pm On May 03, 2015
nedu2000:
I've worn glasses for well over a decade,it started with 3 diopter of short-sightedness(-3)from which it got worse (-6) by 1999,it has remained so ever since.It hasn't been easy and I sure would like to see the world in HD in my lifetime and not this'. 'NTA' standard my eyes offer.
My Perils include:

1)SPORTING DRAWBACK: if you think zinedine Zidane,Eden Hazard,leo Messi are the most creative footballers then you've never seen me play,but with my eyesight I had to cool down on my football career.Infact in my University days I rarely get chosen in teams sad

2)ROMANTIC DRAWBACKS: There were times a got a 'moment' with some hot chics and as I was closing in for a french kiss my glasses sets up a awkward moment instead and my chance is gone! The glasses also give me this "he's cute but he's not man enough since he wears glasses!!" from girls.

3 )DOMESTIC/EVERYDAY CHALLENGES: I can't fall asleep swiftly without looking for a means to drop my glasses somewhere,if I use contacts my sparkling eyes turn red the next day,if it's raining/foggy my glasses becomes completely misty and unlike windshields,spectacles don't come with wipers sad

4)MISCELLAENOUS: job opportunities-i studied civil engineer but I have fewer opportunities to prove myself as a good site engineer due to stereotypes

* intimidation- I was driving around Orile in Lagos when one lanky dude tried extorting money from me,merely because he felt I was weak/gentle not until I broke his nose did he realise I wasn't weak, had to spend N2500 on his treatment sad

Nairalanders please is there any sort cure for shortsightedness? I heard of many side-effects in relation to the laser option!

Life was horrible and agonising for me as result of my eyes problem(I always felt as if I was standing by dispensed tear gas carnister) until glasses was recommended and given to me.

The moment I put my glasses on for the first time, my life instantly changed forever

You are not in it alone; there are so many people like us out there.

However, I can't just imagine me without my glasses; o boy! heaven ll fall ooo

I sleep with my glasses on once in a while

Ladies have taken off my glasses couple of times while having sex

My ex girlfriends usually take or politely asked me to take off my glasses while smooching and kissing

People naturally see me as a gentleman either with glasses or not cos I have an innocent look but I m far from being a gentleman if I m provoked.

I don't have any regret wearing glasses so far
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by nedu2000(m): 7:50pm On May 03, 2015
dollarlander:

Bros, go to ago iwoye in Ogun state. There's a Catholic church establishment that has state of the earth facilities for rues treatment. It has been there since 70s and Catholic church has been funding the facilities to the latest obtainable any where.

The issue is that few Nigerians know about it.

God leads you and take you out of this partial blindness.
catholic church in ago iwoye,ogun state pls I hold ur right,i'm just tired in fact
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by jhidey08(m): 7:51pm On May 03, 2015
Crystal5:

Short-sightedness. I try not to use it all the time but it's hard to do without it. Do you use glasses?
over reliance on it might b difficult 4u, and if u don't use it regularly it might not correct it as fast as it should be. I use glasses too. I suffer from astigmatism
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by nedu2000(m): 7:51pm On May 03, 2015
aimuan:
do you live in lagos?
yeah,anything for the boys?lolss.......whats your recommendation?
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by GodMode: 7:52pm On May 03, 2015
All of you wearing glasses make sure you marry people that don't wear glasses...

With the grade of lenses you people are mentioning...

You people are competing with bats...

I've lost my eyesight for 20mins... It was unbelievable cos my eyes were open but everywhere was black...

I thought it was spiritual illusion..
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by cold(m): 7:54pm On May 03, 2015
bro4u:
Op you dont need a new glass,all you need is faith and fervent prayers,you can even vow never to put it on again.Then it shall be well with you.
Abeg leave story

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by nedu2000(m): 7:55pm On May 03, 2015
lomomike:

I am astigmatic on one eye and short sighted on the other. I understand how you feel because I passed thru that phase. However, Mike is stubborn and he ditched his glasses by faith. I use my eyes well these days I drive without glasses, read without them, do my CAD designs, Nairaland and other online activities without them, I visit sites without them. I have faith you'll ditch your '2nd pair of eyes'
ditching the glasses?its since I was a kid 1993,if there's actually a cure i'll probably need a medical and a mental one,to ditch the glasses is close to impossible esp if there's no solution waiting
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by billy187(m): 7:57pm On May 03, 2015
rexbuton:

your ophthalmologist is wrong.. contact lenses are better for higher powers such as yours.. moving the CL to the corneal plane would reduce the convergence effect of the high minus on the visual system..
secondly, contact lenses would be more suitable if the powers are different with up to -1.50DS or contains cylinder power of up to -1.25DC, as the CL would reduce the chances of different image sizes in both eyes(anisometropia).. summary be say, CL is better for you.. go and get one from a reliable practitioner
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by spongebob0006(f): 7:57pm On May 03, 2015
winkmyn is bifocals o,it's dat bad dat wen I go to fix frames,d opticians will scream at my eye condition but seriously, once u wear glasses, ders a general presumption dat u're brilliant ;Dmyn is bifocals o,it's dat bad dat wen I go to fix frames,d opticians will scream at my eye condition but seriously, once u wear glasses, ders a general presumption dat u're brilliant
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by freecocoa(f): 7:57pm On May 03, 2015
I use glasses too(short sightedness) and I can relate to the misty fog part, all those other things you wrote are kinda alien to me, though people often see me as a geek/innocent of which I am btw, though not really socially awkward.grin

Though I don't like the many questions people often ask and the occasional 'sorry' and 'Eiyah' for my mind I always be like, "make una free me abeg"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by Dammiesugar(f): 7:57pm On May 03, 2015
Mine makes me look too serious.....short-sightedness
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by aimuan(m): 7:58pm On May 03, 2015
segzyndpep:

Please can u drop ur number for whatsapp or pin i meed the adult stem cell sir
my whasapp number s+233572748276 and +233243581271
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by jauntty: 7:58pm On May 03, 2015
Just following

We are the "Bad Guys" that prescribe the glasses. grin

Op :
1) U don't have much choices, stick with ur glasses.

2) Don't marry a lady who is also a myope. (shortsighted).

3) There is a tendency for u to have a kid with shortsightedness too. It can be inherited.

Lastly : I have this Cutie prettie Crush who is shortsighted too. grin
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by jauntty: 8:01pm On May 03, 2015
Dammiesugar:
Mine makes me look too serious.....short-sightedness
Would really love to see you on glasses grin
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by rexbuton: 8:02pm On May 03, 2015
spongebob0006:
winkmyn is bifocals o,it's dat bad dat wen I go to fix frames,d opticians will scream at my eye condition but seriously, once u wear glasses, ders a general presumption dat u're brilliant ;Dmyn is bifocals o,it's dat bad dat wen I go to fix frames,d opticians will scream at my eye condition but seriously, once u wear glasses, ders a general presumption dat u're brilliant
what's your eye condition?
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by nedu2000(m): 8:03pm On May 03, 2015
aimuan:
i understand ur predicament. Buy if only u will listen to me.i suffer far more than dis ur case, at a time my optician couldnt even offer any help, I was told I had to manage d little vision I had left and thats was after goin for eye surgery twice.but I got back my complet vision with use of adult stem cell, which helped to rebulid my already demaged eye.right now I can wright,watch TV,look out computer without problem.do you live in lagos?
pls give me your number?i'll send u a pm
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by rexbuton: 8:03pm On May 03, 2015
aimuan:
my whasapp number s+233572748276 and +233243581271

i'm interested tooo. . what are you marketing?
PLEASE PROVE THAT YOU ARE NOT A SCAMMER! I WILL SHOUT OOOOO
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by billy187(m): 8:04pm On May 03, 2015
rexbuton:

your ophthalmologist is wrong.. contact lenses are better for higher powers such as yours.. moving the CL to the corneal plane would reduce the convergence effect of the high minus on the visual system..
secondly, contact lenses would be more suitable if the powers are different with up to -1.50DS or contains cylinder power of up to -1.25DC, as the CL would reduce the chances of different image sizes in both eyes(anisometropia).. summary be say, CL is better for you.. go and get one from a reliable practitioner

Maybe so: but his opthalmologist might be right though. Maybe he has an allergy, a bad tear break-up time or is even predisposed to keratitis- all bad news for a contact lens wearer.
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by jauntty: 8:06pm On May 03, 2015
freecocoa:

Though I don't like the many questions people often ask and the occasional 'sorry' and 'Eiyah' for my mind I always be like, "make una free me abeg"
Eiyyyyyyaaahhhhh ! Pele my dear. !! Sorry ooo !.!!

BTW : Ur moniker reminds me of the song "Coco" grin
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by eyinjuege: 8:08pm On May 03, 2015
Try refractive surgery.

I have been contemplating it for years but no liver yet
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by nedu2000(m): 8:08pm On May 03, 2015
Ishilove:

shocked
enter orile driving a van during d weekends and see if you want be stopped by some boys asking you for money,that road linking orile to apapa express they are there,why should I lie na haba
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by SYLVESTER777: 8:08pm On May 03, 2015
I have read through your travails as a spectacle /c.lens wearer-As an optometry doctor-(optometrist),my advice is that you need a thorough eye examination/assessment,before throwing your glasses away.There are many options for you including orthokeratology etc.There are different types of myopia and treatment options.If you are interested in knowing more about your eye and use of corrective devices(ALL NL)-send your enquiry to:
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by incrediblestev: 8:09pm On May 03, 2015
Caracta:
It's not about the glasses; it's about you.

I don't believe the job opportunity part. Even blind people have jobs.

I use glasses and I've never been treated differently.

Do you use the geeky-albert-Einstein glasses with rounded rims or the funky-asha-on-fire ones?
I stopped wearing glasses myself after I almost lost a job because the HR taught it was too rough for my soft looks plus I can't wear glasses doing that kind of job. It was a factory kind of Job and I was being employed then as a graduate trainee.

After the interview, I decided to try contact lenses, this was in 2010 and ever since then I have never stopped. Wearing glasses comes with a lot of set backs, the nerdy thingy was one of my biggest challenge. I just couldn't mingle well with the kind of girls I wanted without looking like some nerdy guy whose social life revolves around computers and books.

Till this day, I still wear my glasses but only when I am in the house at night and want to read. Contact lenses are way better alternative once you get around it, the greatest challenge most people have with contact lenses is the fact that they can't properly place the lenses without getting a red eye in the end.... I mastered it the first time and never had to worry about a red eye.... I some times sleep with mine. I started with the classic brown and decided to go pure white because I just didn't need all the attention it was bringing plus I hate looking artificial.
OP, I think you should give contact lenses a chance...

3 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by rexbuton: 8:09pm On May 03, 2015
billy187:

Maybe so: but his opthalmologist might be right though. Maybe he has an allergy, a bad tear break-up time or is even predisposed to keratitis- all bad news for a contact lens wearer.

very true.. allergy most often.. TBUT these days is ignored by many of these girls fixing cosmetic CLs
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by shagking: 8:10pm On May 03, 2015
Please go to eye foundation hospital either in Lagos or Abuja they are the best in Africa. They help restore the sight of my father perfectly. I must warn you on their prices though, its very ecpensive.
You can google eye foundation hospital to book an appiontiment.

2 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by freecocoa(f): 8:12pm On May 03, 2015
jauntty:
Eiyyyyyyaaahhhhh ! Pele my dear. !! Sorry ooo !.!!

BTW : Ur moniker reminds me of the song "Coco" grin
You no well.grin
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by jauntty: 8:12pm On May 03, 2015
spongebob0006:
winkmyn is bifocals o,it's dat bad dat wen I go to fix frames,d opticians will scream at my eye condition but seriously, once u wear glasses, ders a general presumption dat u're brilliant
Bifocal ke? When u don't look 40 yet? This will require Fasting and Praying.
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by aimuan(m): 8:13pm On May 03, 2015
rexbuton:

i'm interested tooo. . what are you marketing?
am not realy marketing the product anyway,just that I used the product and it worked for me,that's why I want to recomemd it to him.the product is an adult cell release.you can whassap me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Couple Needs N4.7million From Philanthropists To Treat Their Son / Job Alawari-Kei: FUO Student Slumps, Dies From Illicit Drug Overdose In Bayelsa / COVID-19: Sulaiman Adamu Treated ‘Malaria’ In 3 Hospitals Before Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.