Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,350 members, 7,846,522 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

African Mentality - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / African Mentality (3220 Views)

Nigerian Girls Mentality That Should Be Abolished - See Pictures / Who Keeps Raising Girls With This Mentality? / Nigerians Nd Their "A Woman Who Cant Cook Wont Make A Good Wife" Mentality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Mentality by ronald4lif(m): 9:09pm On May 03, 2015
Andrew114:
please read my post again,i am talking abt respect not oppressing women and for crying out loud,how where they oppress?

Your post is clearly stating that women were "under men". It also says that men "opinion always" count. It went further to say women saw their husband as a "small god" amongst other things too many to mention. And then you're asking how were they oppressed?

You're clearly stating that men opinion were the supremacy, which means women had no opinion of theirs, were forced to be silent and obeys everything a man says. This is not being oppressive to you?

Saying that what you mean is that they respected their husband is not same as under their husband. I can respect someone but I'm not under them by any stretch. Under means subjective to the authority and control of someone and then you're asking how's that oppression?.

About the small god you talked about I'm sure you already know what that means. When one consider someone as their god, mini or not, it means that whatever they say is final. This implies that you're saying that women should have no opinion of theirs to their mini god husband.

There are a hundred reasons I could cite that portray men of yore as oppressing to women but that should be for another day. There are many good attribute that I find plausible from marriages of our parents and great grand parents but denying the fact that women were subjugated and relegated to the background will be uncharitable and a false denial.

1 Like

Re: African Mentality by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 03, 2015
Andrew114:
when i say mini god,i mean they highly respect men.and less bfor i forget,thanks for the insult,it doesn't add or take anything away frm me.

Of course, it won't add or take away anything from you cheesy. You are a mor.on undecided
Re: African Mentality by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 03, 2015
Justfollowit:

Of course, it won't add or take away anything from you cheesy. You are a mor.on undecided
hahahahahahahaha o my jingles.....
Re: African Mentality by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 03, 2015
ronald4lif:

Your post is clearly stating that women were "under men". It also says that men "opinion always" count. It went further to say women saw their husband as a "small god" amongst other things too many to mention. And then you're asking how were they oppressed?

You're clearly stating that men opinion were the supremacy, which means women had no opinion of theirs, were forced to be silent and obeys everything a man says. This is not being oppressive to you?

Saying that what you mean is that they respected their husband is not same as under their husband. I can respect someone but I'm not under them by any stretch. Under means subjective to the authority and control of someone and then you're asking how's that oppression?.

About the small god you talked about I'm sure you already know what that means. When one consider someone as their god, mini or not, it means that whatever they say is final. This implies that you're saying that women should have no opinion of theirs to their mini god husband.

There are a hundred reasons I could cite that portray men of yore as oppressing to women but that should be for another day. There are many good attribute that I find plausible from marriages of our parents and great grand parents but denying the fact that women were subjugated and relegated to the background will be uncharitable and a false denial.
like i said women are not to be opress but yes they should be under their man.but not trying to be bossy,insultive,arrogant e.t.c. U get dat?
Re: African Mentality by ronald4lif(m): 9:49pm On May 03, 2015
Andrew114:
like i said women are not to be opress but yes they should be under their man.but not trying to be bossy,insultive,arrogant e.t.c. U get dat?

If men don't want women to be bossy, insultive and arrogant they too shouldn't, and lead by example. It applies both ways and if they want respect like you earlier said they should earn it. Respect is a contra flow system.
Re: African Mentality by Nobody: 10:09pm On May 03, 2015
ronald4lif:

If men don't want women to be bossy, insultive and arrogant they too shouldn't, and lead by example. It applies both ways and if they want respect like you earlier said they should earn it. Respect is a contra flow system.
we need to be in control, so we should be bossy na.
Re: African Mentality by ronald4lif(m): 10:15pm On May 03, 2015
Andrew114:

You win bro. cheesy
Re: African Mentality by Nobody: 10:20pm On May 03, 2015
ronald4lif:

You win bro. cheesy
and so do you melwether,you are realy a kul person to have fun with,ur words are nt harsh and i commend u for that
Re: African Mentality by Nobody: 10:21pm On May 03, 2015
Andrew114:
You think being bossy shows you are in control
Re: African Mentality by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 03, 2015
softysparky:
You think being bossy shows you are in control
u are asking me??
Re: African Mentality by ronald4lif(m): 10:32pm On May 03, 2015
Andrew114:
and so do you melwether,you are realy a kul person to have fun with,ur words are nt harsh and i commend u for that

Well, on this site harsh comments have proven to be more effective in passing meaningful messages across and checkmating trolls. A lot of people have overwhelm this site with their stupidity and I think the best way to deal with them it's being harsh. It just happens that I approach things differently which isn't the best way to deal with trolls.
Re: African Mentality by Nobody: 10:37pm On May 03, 2015
ronald4lif:

Well, on this site harsh comments have proven to be more effective in passing meaningful messages across and checkmating trolls. A lot of people have overwhelm this site with their stupidity and I think the best way to deal with them it's being harsh. It just happens that I approach things differently which isn't the best way to deal with trolls.
your call,leave with it
Re: African Mentality by LajaLaba: 12:00am On May 04, 2015
Justfollowit:

You are a waste of space
U are very stupi.d!How dare u talk to a man like that undecided Oloshi
Re: African Mentality by Nobody: 5:39am On May 04, 2015
LajaLaba:
U are very stupi.d!How dare u talk to a man like that undecided Oloshi

O.de

I can talk to him or to you anyhow I deem fit cheesy. I own you and I am way superior to you. grin
Re: African Mentality by Nobody: 5:44am On May 04, 2015
Andrew114:
u are asking me??

Id.iot

If you have to demand for respect, you should know that you never had it in the first place. So the alternative is for your embrace your destined position which by the way is the eternal servititude to all the women in your life grin

Trust me your life will never ramekin the same again
Re: African Mentality by LajaLaba: 5:46am On May 04, 2015
Justfollowit:

O.de

I can talk to him or to you anyhow I deem fit cheesy. I own you and I am way superior to you. grin

U wan die be that i pity u werey!
Re: African Mentality by Nobody: 5:50am On May 04, 2015
LajaLaba:
U wan die be that i pity u werey!

Ode! grin

You are a waste of space. You should kill yourself and save me that trouble because I for one wouldn't mind putting a bullet through a sub-human angry
Re: African Mentality by Nobody: 10:20am On May 04, 2015
Justfollowit:

Id.iot

If you have to demand for respect, you should know that you never had it in the first place. So the alternative is for your embrace your destined position which by the way is the eternal servititude to all the women in your life grin

Trust me your life will never ramekin the same again

i never told you that i had been denied of respect and seconldy am not an idiot.GET IT?
Re: African Mentality by Nobody: 10:30am On May 04, 2015
Andrew114:
i never told you that i had been denied of respect and seconldy am not an idiot.GET IT?

Why else would a grown ass man come on an online forum, open a thread and rant about how insolent women have become. And given your previous threads, it is apparent that the likes of me CAN'T and WON'T respect a man like yourself, the reason being that it would be way too demeaning for us grin.

Do you know that there are guys out there that do not have to scream ‘I am a man', by default women like myself respect them without even thinking. Those men do not spend a considerable amount of time worrying about women rather they exert their time on improving themselves and making the world a better place.

1 Like

Re: African Mentality by Nobody: 10:37am On May 04, 2015
Justfollowit:

Why else would a grown ass man come on an online forum, open a thread and rant about how insolent women have become. And given your previous threads, it is apparent that the likes of me CAN'T and WON'T respect a man like yourself, the reason being that it would be way too demeaning for us grin.

Do you know that there are guys out there that do not have to scream ‘I am a man', by default women like myself respect them without even thinking. Those men do not spend a considerable amount of time worrying about women rather they exert their time on improving themselves and making the world a better place.

wao,clap for yourself.lisen young man u don't knw me neither did u knw if am respected in my society or not.i don't need ur opinion if someone should respect me or not.and lisen am highly respected,not bragging tho.and lastly point any of my thread that shows what u just spill out.
Re: African Mentality by Nobody: 10:40am On May 04, 2015
Andrew114:
wao,clap for yourself.lisen young man u don't knw me neither did u knw if am respected in my society or not.i don't need ur opinion if someone should respect me or not.and lisen am highly respected,not bragging tho.and lastly point any of my thread that shows what u just spill out.

Haha cheesy

Gotcha! cheesy

Admit it that you need someone to call you a god before you can actually feel like a man grin
Re: African Mentality by Nobody: 10:43am On May 04, 2015
Justfollowit:

Haha cheesy

Gotcha!

Admit it that you need someone to call you a god before you can actually feel like a man grin
o please don't place me in any position that i can't reach.i can never be a god but i can be the head
Re: African Mentality by Nobody: 10:51am On May 04, 2015
Andrew114:
o please don't place me in any position that i can't reach.i can never be a god but i can be the head

Come on angry

I know what you need and here it is: grin

*whilst kneeling*

‘My lord and my small god, how was your night? I hope you slept well? Your food and bath has been prepared. Do quick my lord'

That should be sufficient for today's boost cheesy and to help you to behave like a REAL man.

Yommorow is another day, I will be here to give you another m

1 Like

Re: African Mentality by coolest01(m): 11:28am On May 04, 2015
Andrew114:
It's done on us this days that majority of our women no longer place us men in our rightful place.majority of women disrespect us,want their own opinion to count and most of all talk to us men without respect.during the old days,we men were highly respect,u hardly see a female looking directly at our eyes,when women greet,they always jeck their knees in form of respect.married women respect their husband and take them as their small god and men's opinion always count but now is a diffrent thing entirely,some women this days don't want to be under men and even use dat as an excuse not to marry,we now have high rate of divours and women nowdays like to be the boss.why all of this?if all this is spill out,they would say african mentality.we are african and yes it's african mentality.let the white have their own mentality and let have ours.AFRICA!!! WE ARE PROUD OF WHO WE ARE.
divorce
Re: African Mentality by ronald4lif(m): 11:32am On May 04, 2015
Justfollowit:

Come on angry

I know what you need and here it is: grin

*whilst kneeling*

‘My lord and my small god, how was your night? I hope you slept well? Your food and bath has been prepared. Do quick my lord'

That should be sufficient for today's boost cheesy and to help you to behave like a REAL man.

Yommorow is another day, I will be here to give you another m

Lmao. You're really some character. cheesy
Re: African Mentality by Mhizkel(f): 11:39am On May 04, 2015
A woman doesn't have to lack respect for her husband all because he is not financially stable..
Only bitches does that!
Re: African Mentality by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 04, 2015
ronald4lif:

Lmao. You're really some character. cheesy

grin

Don't be surprised if he got me a diamond bracelet cheesy which he was able to afford as a result of hard work. the hard-work that would been possible if not for my subservient attitude and utmost respect for his manliness cheesy

My darling needs a slave-woman to be a man cheesy
Re: African Mentality by LajaLaba: 3:49pm On May 04, 2015
Justfollowit:

Ode! grin

You are a waste of space. You should kill yourself and save me that trouble because I for one wouldn't mind putting a bullet through a sub-human angry
Why are u hiding behind a female moniker undecided The muppet is even feeling funky grin
Re: African Mentality by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 04, 2015
LajaLaba:
Why are u hiding behind a female moniker undecided The muppet is even feeling funky grin

You wishcheesy

Mr my self worth is as little as a pinch of salt, I do not have your time.

Ode!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Being Petite. / Is Seun Married? / See Wedding Look Of A Feminist Who Claims She Can Only Marry A Man Earning 200k+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.