Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,763 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Mother Of Son Dumped At Filling Station Arrested - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother Of Son Dumped At Filling Station Arrested (525 Views)

Mother Of 5 Who Dumped Husband For Lover, Kicked Out By Same Lover / Mother Of 2 Wears Bum Revealing Outfit In Public (photo) / Baby Dumped At Filling Station In Katsina (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Of Son Dumped At Filling Station Arrested by simpleseyi: 6:40am On May 04, 2015
Blessing Goodluck, the mother, who on Thursday tortured her nine-year-old son, Kingsley, and dumped him at a filling station on Ijaiye Road in the Agbado area of Lagos, has been apprehended by the police.

PUNCH Metro gathered that the police trailed the 23-year-old mother to Ojuelegba, where the son claimed they lived, without success.

It was learnt that she was eventually traced to a residence on Sule Babalola Street, Agbado.

Our correspondent had reported on May 1, 2015 that Kingsley was dumped at the filling station on Thursday by the mother.

It was also reported that Blessing beat up the boy, whose body bore scars of lashes, for greeting a neighbour with whom she had grudges. Some Good Samaritans were said to have fed him before taking him to the Ijaiye-Ojokoro Police Station.

PUNCH Metro gathered that the primary two pupil was taken to a general hospital for treatment. He was seen playing around on Sunday when our correspondent visited the police station.

The mother, who admitted her action was wrong, said she was frustrated, describing her son as being troublesome.

She said, “I have realised that I over-reacted. Kingsley is very stubborn and troublesome. He won’t sit at home. He will be jumping from one house to another. I was frustrated. I promise it will never happen again. I have learnt my lesson.”

A police source told PUNCH Metro that Blessing wept all night in custody. The source said Kingsley had also been counselled to turn a new leaf.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Kenneth Nwosu, said Blessing was still under interrogation and would be charged to court afterwards.

He said, “This is a case of child abuse. The 23-year-old mother was arrested on Sule Babalola Street, Agbado. The boy was abandoned in a bad condition. He was treated at the Lagos State General Hospital, Ile Epo. The mother is under interrogation.”

SOURCE: http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/mother-of-son-dumped-at-filling-station-arrested/
Re: Mother Of Son Dumped At Filling Station Arrested by Mynd44: 6:45am On May 04, 2015
The crime was committed in Lagos...
She ain't getting that child again
Re: Mother Of Son Dumped At Filling Station Arrested by simpleseyi: 6:55am On May 04, 2015
simpleseyi:
Blessing Goodluck, the mother, who on Thursday tortured her nine-year-old son, Kingsley, and dumped him at a filling station on Ijaiye Road in the Agbado area of Lagos, has been apprehended by the police.

I hope there is nothing wrong with the name 'Goodluck'.
Re: Mother Of Son Dumped At Filling Station Arrested by blank(f): 6:58am On May 04, 2015
Did i just read that a 23 year old woman has a 9 year old child? That means she was 14 years old when she gave birth to her son.

That's the problem right there. A child giving birth to a child. How would she know how to cope with a child's behavioral idiosyncrasies when she never had a chance to grow up.

(1) (Reply)

Where can I get a Solid Burger And Pizza Training School In Lagos. / Pastor Disgraced After Women Storm His Wedding Claiming To Be Married To Him / Share Ur Opinions Do You Believe Re-incarnation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.