Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

'i Went Into Robbery To Pursue My Footballing Career'-suspect - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 'i Went Into Robbery To Pursue My Footballing Career'-suspect (15682 Views)

I Went Into Robbery After President Buhari Came To Power –engineer (photo) / I Went Into Drug Trafficking To Raise Money For Wedding – Suspect / I Went Into Robbery To Meet Up With My Girlfriend's Demand - 17-Year-Old Suspect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

'i Went Into Robbery To Pursue My Footballing Career'-suspect by Ashleyma77(m): 8:28am On May 04, 2015
The Lagos State Police Command has apprehended two robbery suspects, Stanley Okorie and Emmanuel Enu, one of who confessed to have robbed because he wanted to travel to Europe.

Our correspondent learnt that 25-year-old Enu and Okorie, 20, were nabbed by operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad in the Satellite Town and Ajegunle areas of Lagos in two separate robbery operations.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Enu, who hails from the Boki Local Government Area of Cross River State, was arrested with one locally-made shotgun and one cartridge.

According to the police, Enu belonged to a gang which robbed on motorcycles on Oduduwa Road in Ajegunle.

Enu, who claimed to be the son of a retired naval officer, said he had gone into robbery to raise money to travel to Sweden for a football career.

He said, “After I finished secondary school, I started work as a security man at a terminal in Apapa.

“I was earning N18,500. When I lost the job in 2014, a friend introduced me to robbery.

“His name is Onuora. He also brought the gun.

“On that day, we took off from around the Wharf area, we were on a motorcycle. We snatched one man’s phone, and Onuora said he wanted to ease himself. While he was doing that, some policemen on two motorcycles arrested me and found the gun in a bag that I was holding. Onuora, however, escaped.

“My father is a retired naval officer. When I was working as a security man, I was saving money to pursue my football career, but when I lost the job, there was nothing.

“I have been to the Benin Republic and Togo to play football. I was looking for money to travel to Sweden. That was why I agreed to join Onuora for robbery. I was looking for N300,000 for the journey. I wanted to go for a trial in a football club there.”

However, it was gathered that the police recovered a toy gun from the second suspect, Okorie, while his accomplice, Chijioke, fled with a real gun.

Okorie, from Delta State, said he had gone for about four operations in the Igando and Agbara areas of Lagos.

He said, “I was selling foodstuffs in the Iyana Ipaja area.

“I stay in Ajegunle with my friend, Chijioke. He was the one who used the real gun, while he gave me a toy gun.

“When we robbed in Igando, I got N13,000. We also took three phones and some money. When we went to Agbara, I got N25,000. We were also at Lekki, where we made N780,000. Chijioke taught me how to rob. He was a commercial driver. He asked me to join him.”

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Kenneth Nwosu, had yet to get back to our correspondent as of press time.

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/i-needed-n300000-for-football-trial-in-sweden/

1 Like

Re: 'i Went Into Robbery To Pursue My Footballing Career'-suspect by prevail23(m): 8:42am On May 04, 2015
stewpid excuse undecided hope dat gun isn't loaded sha

9 Likes

Re: 'i Went Into Robbery To Pursue My Footballing Career'-suspect by Henrypraise41(m): 9:05am On May 04, 2015
You see ur life, trying to pluck an orange before ripeing, who told you jay jay and emenike them was an armed robber before they left the shores of this country.

4 Likes

Re: 'i Went Into Robbery To Pursue My Footballing Career'-suspect by Young03(m): 9:18am On May 04, 2015
prevail23:
stewpid excuse undecided hope dat gun isn't loaded sha
dodge oo, bfore he fires it at u

4 Likes

Re: 'i Went Into Robbery To Pursue My Footballing Career'-suspect by prevail23(m): 9:46am On May 04, 2015
Young03:

dodge oo, bfore he fires it at u
grin ..if d gun dey loaded,na d man wey snap d pishure i dey pity sef

8 Likes

Re: 'i Went Into Robbery To Pursue My Footballing Career'-suspect by Ashleyma77(m): 10:35am On May 04, 2015
prevail23:
grin ..if d gun dey loaded,na d man wey snap d pishure i dey pity sef

lolz

1 Like

Re: 'i Went Into Robbery To Pursue My Footballing Career'-suspect by okooloyun1(m): 10:55am On May 04, 2015
Re: 'i Went Into Robbery To Pursue My Footballing Career'-suspect by Sammyjay4411(m): 10:55am On May 04, 2015
Re: 'i Went Into Robbery To Pursue My Footballing Career'-suspect by otijah(m): 10:56am On May 04, 2015
They should b sentenced to just 150yrs in prison. I guess by d time they are out they will b playing in spanish leagues

5 Likes

Re: 'i Went Into Robbery To Pursue My Footballing Career'-suspect by jamex93(m): 10:56am On May 04, 2015
na wa o

who tell this one say CR7 steal to become great today

abi dem tell am say Messi carry gun

even taye taiwo no carry gun

bros enter prison jor

3 Likes

Re: 'i Went Into Robbery To Pursue My Footballing Career'-suspect by Holyfield1(m): 10:57am On May 04, 2015
prevail23:
stewpid excuse undecided
hope dat gun isn't loaded sha
Shoro Niyen!!!
Re: 'i Went Into Robbery To Pursue My Footballing Career'-suspect by intergral(m): 10:57am On May 04, 2015
Oya pursue your career for prison... Bloody Criminals... Lock this bastards till they turn 70!

5 Likes

Re: 'i Went Into Robbery To Pursue My Footballing Career'-suspect by onyi4edu(f): 10:57am On May 04, 2015
"Pursue your career with clean hands, it pays more".
Desperation can only lead you to this kind of evil.
Patience and hard work would have taken you to your desired destination; now see where you have ended up

1 Like

Re: 'i Went Into Robbery To Pursue My Footballing Career'-suspect by jascon1(m): 10:57am On May 04, 2015
I think u can still pursue it in prison. There are prison clubs that u can play for. Hope u win the trophies there Mr. MVP

1 Like

Re: 'i Went Into Robbery To Pursue My Footballing Career'-suspect by Holyfield1(m): 10:58am On May 04, 2015
The first guy tho!...See as he point the gun lyk say he won shoot Op......

1 Like

Re: 'i Went Into Robbery To Pursue My Footballing Career'-suspect by pretydamsel1(f): 10:58am On May 04, 2015
that shouldn't be an excuse young man
Re: 'i Went Into Robbery To Pursue My Footballing Career'-suspect by ellaV(m): 10:59am On May 04, 2015
Our economy making youths do things
Re: 'i Went Into Robbery To Pursue My Footballing Career'-suspect by Sammyjay4411(m): 11:00am On May 04, 2015
I'm not trying to justify his action but i think that the Government should try and support people with raw talents especially in the area of sport.....Same thing happen to Blessing Okagbare when she said that she was paying her coaches for training.

2 Likes

Re: 'i Went Into Robbery To Pursue My Footballing Career'-suspect by oismail(m): 11:00am On May 04, 2015
I never trusted Mikel. He's trying to follow his footstep #justsaying
Re: 'i Went Into Robbery To Pursue My Footballing Career'-suspect by kent79: 11:00am On May 04, 2015
Sorry. Ooooo
Re: 'i Went Into Robbery To Pursue My Footballing Career'-suspect by ClassyAdewumi(m): 11:00am On May 04, 2015
At first I tot it was Suspect wey dey sing

1 Like

Re: 'i Went Into Robbery To Pursue My Footballing Career'-suspect by Sanchez01: 11:00am On May 04, 2015
I'm not perfect but that shouldn't be an excuse. I hope he score goals in prison though.

1 Like

Re: 'i Went Into Robbery To Pursue My Footballing Career'-suspect by jascon1(m): 11:00am On May 04, 2015
Sammyjay4411:
I'm not trying to justify his action but i think that the Government should try and support people with raw talents especially in the area of sport.....Same thing happen to Blessing Okagbare when she said that she was paying her coaches for training.
n how did she get the money to pay them?
Re: 'i Went Into Robbery To Pursue My Footballing Career'-suspect by fixa(m): 11:03am On May 04, 2015
grin Nailed front row like a badt guy.

buh...imagine stealing from others to pursue his dream.
Brother you should be soaked in hypo.

1 Like

Re: 'i Went Into Robbery To Pursue My Footballing Career'-suspect by fixa(m): 11:03am On May 04, 2015
THIS LAND IS NOT FOR SALE. cheesy
Re: 'i Went Into Robbery To Pursue My Footballing Career'-suspect by Chomzy222(f): 11:05am On May 04, 2015
G
Re: 'i Went Into Robbery To Pursue My Footballing Career'-suspect by Seunpaul01(m): 11:07am On May 04, 2015
The level of reasoning and motivation of some people is in absolute zero percent.

when u illegally nd illogically rush to get something u get crush by it.

No kind of excuse can safe u from being get crushed by the hammer of judgement.

1 Like

Re: 'i Went Into Robbery To Pursue My Footballing Career'-suspect by DickDastardly(m): 11:07am On May 04, 2015
No wahala, you can now lace your boot for Kirikiri Warriors or Kuje United grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

4-year-old Stolen Boy Found In Onitsha / 21 Uniosun Students Arrested By EFCC Regain Freedom / EFCC Parades 13 Oil Thieves In Port Harcourt [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.