Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,696 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

IBB: The Real Reason I Annulled June 12 - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IBB: The Real Reason I Annulled June 12 (12937 Views)

Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher / Ibrahim Babangida , a.k.a. IBB - The Evil Architect Of Nigeria's Downfall / Ojukwus Pledge Of Igbos Support For Ibb- The Evil Genius A Cash Agreement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IBB: The Real Reason I Annulled June 12 by BigB11(m): 3:05pm On Feb 11, 2009
MKO wouldn't have won the election if IBB did not want him to be the next president.
Re: IBB: The Real Reason I Annulled June 12 by Mamajama(m): 6:21pm On Feb 11, 2009
Two lunatics MR BIGB1 and Ochiagha Reagan Ufomba are promoting IBB to come back and finish destroying Nigerians.

Please what was this guy’s record or accomplishment beside his dubious business deals with KALU?

What credentials or wisdom does he have to tell us not to hang IBB by the balls?

DUDE, stop talking about the toothless general, we said NO to his disastrous ambition one too many times.
Re: IBB: The Real Reason I Annulled June 12 by DaleyB(m): 8:05pm On Feb 11, 2009
Guys, Fear not. 2011 Naija Presidency is not for sale, The evil men do leave with them. IBB be advise. Period!
Re: IBB: The Real Reason I Annulled June 12 by TafiaAproko: 10:12pm On Feb 11, 2009
IBB is a momumental disgrace to the Nigerian nation.Imagine the lame reason he gave for annuling the election.Now,i'll use this medium to intimate Nigerians on the real reason he annuled the elections because i am privy to a certain classified information.I would have kept quite&died with this secret but since IBB has decided to OPEN UP ,i think i should let Nigerians know the truth.=>In the wake of the emergence of Bashorum M.K.O Abiola as the winner of the election,General Sani Abacha,the Northern Mafia(will explain more about them),some top military officers(Abdulsalam Abubakar inclusive) had series of secret consultations with IBB.The agenda discussed was the way forward since a Southerner emerged the winner of the election which was against there expectations,predictions&projections.During those consultations Abacha did not mince words in declaring his interest in taking over the helm of affairs in Nigeria and being that the military machinery for the defence
Re: IBB: The Real Reason I Annulled June 12 by TafiaAproko: 10:42pm On Feb 11, 2009
During those consultations Abacha did not mince words in declaring his interest in taking over the helm of affairs in Nigeria and being that the military machinery for the defence of Nigeria was under his firm control he made it BLATANTLY clear that he was not squirmish about using it.This revelation gave way for what i will call option B,the annulment of the election &the setting up of THE INTERIM NATIONAL GOVERNMENT,ING headed by Abdulsalam Abubakar.<=
IBB to an extend is saying the truth but not the whole truth.He is still protecting some men whom might not take lightly to revelations beyond what he has already said.Now,if IBB was sincere with his DEMOCRATIC PLANS for Nigeria and was not exhibiting acts of connivance,
1)He would have retired Abacha&other top officers if he perceived them a threat to democracy in Nigeria.
2)He would have told the Nigerian nation the uncensored details of those consultations since he is giving Nigerians the impression that he is being fortwright with us.
3)Why did he wait
Re: IBB: The Real Reason I Annulled June 12 by BigB11(m): 10:43pm On Feb 11, 2009
The agenda discussed was the way forward since a Southerner emerged the winner of the election which was against there expectations,predictions&projections
You must be from another planet.
Your statement is absolutely inaccurate.

Again, MKO wouldn't have won the election if IBB did not want him to be the next president. And I'm not condoning or knocking this type of method of operation, it's just the way things work in Nigeria and other countries all around the world.

The current president determines the destiny of the next president, in exchange the next president determines the fate or future of the current president when he steps down (and becomes a civilian).
(I'm sure that even president Bush would have preferred to have this choice)

And it is common for most current presidents to pick the most trustworthy and strongest successor among many. I think it took IBB too long to realize that MKO wasn't strong enough to function and maintain effectively among the lions, dragons and snakes. And that was where/ when the trouble started.
Re: IBB: The Real Reason I Annulled June 12 by Muza(m): 11:45pm On Feb 11, 2009
May God punish IBB

Re: IBB: The Real Reason I Annulled June 12 by Ndipe(m): 2:14am On Feb 12, 2009
Nobody should give IBB the time of the day anymore. His fifteen minutes of infamy is up.
Re: IBB: The Real Reason I Annulled June 12 by Nobody: 11:44pm On Oct 17, 2009
2011 Election will be hell. . .
Re: IBB: The Real Reason I Annulled June 12 by jojo13(m): 4:19am On Oct 20, 2009
i thought this man was inteligent. he is too foolish. so u no get sense sef,, U must go behind jail one day, if not u, ur children, or ur grate grandchildren, one day,
Re: IBB: The Real Reason I Annulled June 12 by Smi1(m): 7:43pm On Apr 11, 2010
lol, this guy suck i think its time we must sort him out
Re: IBB: The Real Reason I Annulled June 12 by nairaman66(m): 12:12am On Oct 19, 2012
Why would a lous y politician like him have say in the matters of today? He took so long to give numb reason for the annulment.. How long did he take for the annulment?? Mtcheeeew!!
Re: IBB: The Real Reason I Annulled June 12 by ckkris: 5:50pm On Feb 19, 2013
HQ: 2011 Election will be hell. . .

Well, it wasn't.
Re: IBB: The Real Reason I Annulled June 12 by drnoel: 9:00pm On Feb 19, 2013
oludayo20:
For IBB to give such a reason for annulling the only free and fair election in Nigeria is unbelievable and untenable,anyway we knows the actual reason for his action i.e to perpetuate himself on power,but when he had no choice he had to ''step aside ''while leaving his crony,abacha to do exactly what he he was against,looking back at those years i realize Nigeria and Nigerians had not changed,it's beyond me to know that THIS man can still walk free in Nigeria,I know for sure that the blood of the souls he murdered will judge him.I can assure you that .

(shakes head) U know, i have always so wanted to hear what IBB had to give us about the part in played in that time but hearing him say this now, i just feel its is not complete (remeber his nick name), i feel there is ore he is not saying. It would have been nice to hear Abacha agree or counter what IBB said but as it is, a pity Abacha is late.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Trailer Load Of Arms Intercepted In Onitsha / Masquerade’s Followers Kill Islamic Cleric In Abeokuta / Buhari 100 Days: Nothing To Celebrate – Labour Party, Afenifere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.