Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,961 members, 7,814,256 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher (28062 Views)

Ijaw Group Counters Clark, Lists What He Benefited From Jonathan / Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher Kolade / Real Reason I Resigned From Gej's Govt As SURE-P Chairman-christopher Kolade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by efilefun(m): 8:05am On Sep 08, 2015
Former chairman of the Subsidy Re-investment and Empowerment Programme, Christopher Kolade, on Monday, said he resigned his position in 2013 because its operations were becoming tainted with corruption and politics, thereby losing its credibility.
He said some officials of the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan were practising “something that was lower than the transparency”, expected of an interventionist agency like SURE-P‎.

He said he met resistance when he raised the issues as he was overruled by some powerful forces within the administration.
He spoke on Channels Television Programme, “Views From The Top” anchored by Modele Sarafa-Yusuf.
Mr. Kolade, 83, quit his position as chairman of SURE-P in November 2013, citing advanced age at the time.
He said having attained 80 years, he wanted to slow on energy-demanding activities.
“I explained in the letter (to the president) that having done this SURE-P programme for two years and because within the next month I would be clocking 81, I am giving up some activities that take my energy,” he said.

The former Nigerian High Commissioner to the United Kingdom was appointed head of the SURE-P in February 2012 by Mr. Jonathan, after nationwide protests following the hike in the prices of petroleum products.
The SURE-P was mandated to convert saved fuel subsidy money into jobs, roads and other people-oriented programmes.
The media had speculated in 2013 that Mr. Kolade resigned due to corruption at the agency.
Speaking on the TV programme, Mr. Kolade said he left his position because “he realized that some of the values and standards agreed on in the beginning had become diluted”.

He said he found out that some of the decisions the agency was making did not meet up with the standard they had set it up for.
“The government realized people would not believe what they were saying,” Mr. Kolade said.
“And the President said ‘we need to gain credibility with the people in this programme. So we believe that if you and your committee can manage this thing transparently in accordance with what we agreed, then that credibility will be there’.

“Now that’s fine. But when I discovered that there were individuals in the system that were practicing something that was lower than the transparency that we went in with, I raised the issues. And I discovered that political affiliations and things made this difficult.”
The former SURE-P boss cited an instance when the agency decided to employ 5000 youth from every state of the federation.
According to him, when it commenced the process it was told the arrangement it adopted was not acceptable.

He said, “We started by saying that we would offer employment to 5000 youths from every state. Of course if you are sitting in Abuja, and you want to identify 5000 youths in all the states, it is difficult unless you involve people who are on the spot.
“Now, it was the feeling of our committee, led by me, that to identify people in the states, we needed people who were political neutral. In other words, get civil servants to go in there and say according to the criteria you‘ve agreed, these are the 5000 youths from this state. But we were told that would not be acceptable.

“So something was set up called State Implementation Committees made up mainly of people with political affiliations with one party or the other. When that was brought into play, I pointed out that I feared this would politicize what we were trying to do. And that therefore I felt we should take politicians out of this. But I was overruled by those who had the power to overrule me.

“And then, it started happening. I got complaints from Abia state, from Ekiti state that many of the youths being recruited into the programme were supporters of party A or party B and I went back, and said what I suspected is beginning to happen.
“So we need to kill this thing right away and go back to what we agreed. Now, somehow, we couldn’t do that. And for me, if you destroy the foundation on which you are setting up something like that, if you feel that credibility is the key to success in this thing, and then you undermine credibility by politicizing the issues, you are shooting yourself on the foot. And I’m not very good at shooting in the foot because I find out I can’t walk very well after that.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/189652-real-reason-i-resigned-from-jonathans-govt-as-sure-p-chairman-christopher-kolade.html

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by efilefun(m): 8:05am On Sep 08, 2015
Sometimes i wonder what level Nigeria would have been if this man was given another 4 years... Yet some brain dead wailers wanted us to continue with a clueless corrupt laden government

NEVER AGAIN will a drunkard scam Nigerians with that "I have no shoes" story again

119 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by Chiefpriest1(m): 8:07am On Sep 08, 2015
Sure-P was a scam. Pure and simple!

They told us that the money saved by increasing the pump price of fuel would transform Nigeria, today we know better.

I guess baba gave another reason then so as not to embarrass the oga at the top at the time.

It is well!

87 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by woky: 8:07am On Sep 08, 2015
sad
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 08, 2015
Chiefpriest1:
Sure-P was a scam. Pure and simple!
They told us that the money saved by increasing the pump price of fuel would transform Nigeria, today we know better.

the surest scam of GEJ's regime...

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by edo3(m): 8:14am On Sep 08, 2015
Men of honour.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by tayebest(m): 8:16am On Sep 08, 2015
SURE-P is just another great way that clueless otuoke man embezzled our funds

Baba should better probe the committee so as to retrived the fund for better Nigeria!

Btw: Good Morning Nigeria/Nigerian cool

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by menix(m): 8:24am On Sep 08, 2015
So y re we hearing this now..

All this liars painting sef saints after they lost out is jst crazy.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by eluquenson(m): 8:26am On Sep 08, 2015
We all know Sure-P was a scam and a big scam in Nigeria.

That government scammed all of us, they engaged in an extreme gross misconduct, i know it's only God can judge them.

GEJ my hass scammer of all time tongue

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by jaybee3(m): 8:28am On Sep 08, 2015
edo3:
Men of honour.
Yet he resigned citing a completely different reason?

Why didn't he simply go via the whistle blowing route instead of flogging an already dead horse?

18 Likes

Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by wordcat(m): 8:29am On Sep 08, 2015
Anytime u hear of Jonathan's administration , the next u will hear is corruption!

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by kokoA(m): 8:32am On Sep 08, 2015
Everything about GEJ's government was fraudulent .

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by Segadem(m): 8:39am On Sep 08, 2015
kokoA:
Everything about GEJ's government was fraudulent .
..and some gullible people will be shouting GEJ my HERO PEJ my role model.
SMH for dem all.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by IbokUtoroh(m): 8:46am On Sep 08, 2015
those people no get names?
At 83 pa kolade u dont hv anything to fear, so name names n stop talkng to gain cheap sympathy. Abi u follow want appointment?
So what is really bad if party A filled d slots given?
Na pdp fill the govt now? No be cpc n apc full am? R we complaining? Empty chestbeater, even at 83.
Rubbish.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by Segadem(m): 8:47am On Sep 08, 2015
He's not as dat corrupt but he surrounded himself with corrupt people which make it difficult for people to separate his water (gej) from their sour palm wine (corrupt people)

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by hinwazaka: 8:59am On Sep 08, 2015
Whistleblower : noun(used especially in newspapers) a person who informs people in authority or the public that the company they work for is doing something wrong or illegal.
Mr Kolade, you should have made this information known, while you were still in service of the committee
Mr. Kolade, you developed itchy fingers while still in the committee, and were then compelled to resign, but the government out of respect for your long meritorious service to the nation, kept it from the public. But now Mr Kolade you are abusing that privilege.

16 Likes

Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by permsec: 9:10am On Sep 08, 2015
Segadem:
He's not as dat corrupt but he surrounded himself with corrupt people which make it difficult for people to separate his water (gej) from their sour palm wine (corrupt people)
Nonetheless a sheep that mingles with dogs will one day bite faeces.

Believe this octagerian at ur own peril. Everybody now forming Saint Micheal and Angel Gabriel.

7 Likes

Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by hinwazaka: 9:11am On Sep 08, 2015
Whistleblower: noun/ a person who informs people in authority or the public that the company they work for is doing something wrong or illegal.
Mr Kolade, why didn't you make your knowledge of the illegality of the committee's affairs known to the public, while you were still in service of the committee. Also, it won't be too much to ask, of you to show DOCUMENTATIVE evidence, of the corrupt and illegal activities perpetuated by elements of the committee.
Mr Kolade, you were compelled to resign, because of your kleptomaniac behaviour, but because of your "good name" the government kept this quiet.

9 Likes

Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by change49ja: 9:15am On Sep 08, 2015
hinwazaka:
Whistleblower : noun(used especially in newspapers) a person who informs people in authority or the public that the company they work for is doing something wrong or illegal.
Mr Kolade, you should have made this information known, while you were still in service of the committee
Mr. Kolade, you developed itchy fingers while still in the committee, and were then compelled to resign, but the government out of respect for your long meritorious service to the nation, kept it from the public. But now Mr Kolade you are abusing that privilege.

I laughed at the bolded. As if we don't know how things work in Nigeria. What if the people responsible for the wrong doing or illegal activities are the same people in authourity?

4 Likes

Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by change49ja: 9:19am On Sep 08, 2015
When that was brought into play, I pointed out that I feared this would politicize what we were trying to do. And that therefore I felt we should take politicians out of this. But I was overruled by those who had the power to overrule me.

Did you read the above statement from Mr. Kolade.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by simpleseyi: 9:21am On Sep 08, 2015
hinwazaka:
Whistleblower: noun/ a person who informs people in authority or the public that the company they work for is doing something wrong or illegal.
Mr Kolade, why didn't you make your knowledge of the illegality of the committee's affairs known to the public, while you were still in service of the committee. Also, it won't be too much to ask, of you to show DOCUMENTATIVE evidence, of the corrupt and illegal activities perpetuated by elements of the committee.
Mr Kolade, you were compelled to resign, because of your kleptomaniac behaviour, but because of your "good name" the government kept this quiet.

Wailing Wailer. Use this and rest in pieces.

7 Likes

Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by hensben(m): 9:26am On Sep 08, 2015
A very touching Chinese story: 朣楢琴执㝧执瑩浻 牡楧㩮㔱硰执㝧执獧浻牡楧敬瑦瀰絸朣杢㑳执獧 扻捡 杫潲湵潣潬㩲昣昸昸㬸慢正牧畯摮椭慭敧敷止瑩札慲 楤湥楬 敮牡氬晥⁴ 潴敬瑦戠瑯潴牦浯㡦㡦㡦潴捥捥捥 戻捡杫潲湵浩条㩥眭 扥楫楬敮牡札慲 楤湥潴昣昸昸攣 散散戻捡杫潲湵浩条㩥洭穯氭湩 慥牧摡敩瑮琨灯㡦㡦 㡦 捥捥捥㬩慢正牧畯摮椭慭敧獭氭湩慥牧摡 敩瑮琨灯 㡦㡦㡦捥捥捥㬩慢正 牧畯摮椭慭敧楬敮牡札慲楤湥潴 昣 昸昸攣散散戻捡杫潲湵浩u条㩥楬敮 牡札慲楤湥潴 昣昸昸攣散散汩 整㩲牰杯摩䐺䥘慭敧牔湡晳牯楍牣獯 景牧 摡敩瑮猨慴瑲潃潬卲牴 昣昸昸䔬摮潃潬卲牴攣散 散㬩潢摲牥硰猠汯摩⌠ 㙣㙣㙣搻獩汰祡戺 潬正潭潢摲 牥爭摡畩㩳瀲㭸漭戭牯敤慲楤獵㈺硰敷 止瑩戭牯敤慲 楤獵㈺硰戻牯敤慲楤獵㈺硰执獧搴摻獩汰祡戺潬正瀻 獯 瑩潩㩮 敲慬楴敶执獧搴筮楤灳慬㩹湩楬敮戭潬正漻敶 晲潬 I am already crying especially that very part he said 搴 漻敶晲

15 Likes

Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by Burger01(m): 9:26am On Sep 08, 2015
Jonathan's government was too corrupt! angry

2 Likes

Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by adeyemi97(m): 9:27am On Sep 08, 2015
Let's leave the last government and focus more on the present one

MAKAVELI OFFSPRING IN THIS MOTHERF*CKER

3 Likes

Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by Segadem(m): 9:27am On Sep 08, 2015
This man call GEJ strong oh,with all these revelations the man still dhey kamkpe ,if na another person he will be admitted in one the best hospital in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by Guyman02: 9:27am On Sep 08, 2015
South West and North deceived the people of Niger Delta for years telling them that their enemies were the suffering people of South East their Igbo neighbours, meanwhile we have come to realise that Igbos are not our enemies after the last elections but the West and North divided us in order to rule us with propaganda.

"PIB Debate: North Controls 83% of Oil Blocks"
by Henry Umoru and Joseph Erunke

"Abuja - Chairman Senate Committe on Rules and Business, Senator Ita Enang has called on President Goodluck Jonathan to revoke and re-allocate oil blocks, saying that the northerners control 83 percent of the Oil blocks in the country. He also revealed that eminent Nigerians benefit from the distribution of the Oil blocks. He named late President Umaru Yar'Adua; former Vice President Atiku Abubakar; the Emir of Kano, Ado Bayero; former Minister of Petroleum Dr. rilwanu Likman; former Minister of Defense (1999 - 2003) and Chief of Army Staff (1975 - 1979), General Theophilus Danjuma. Others are Alhaji Aminu Dantata; Col, Sani Bello; Alhaji Mai Deribe from Borno State; Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi; Alhaji Saleh Gambo; Mike Adenuga; Yinka Folawiyo (Folorunsho Alakija worth $2.5 billion and Femi Otedola etc).

------ Vanguard News Thursday March 7, 2013

"PIB Debate: North Controls 83% of Oil Blocks"
by Henry Umoru and Joseph Erunke.

----- Vanguard News Thursday March 7, 2013

"I Made $500m From Oil Block, but didn't know how to Spend it - Danjuma."

----- Punch News Thursday February 18, 2010.

"Halliburton Scandal: Report says Abdulsalami, Etiebet, Bayero got $50m"

----- Daily Independent Newspapers Wednesday April 21, 2010.

"N27 bn Halliburton Scam IBB, Abdulsalami, Diya, 77 Others Indicted"

---- Daily Independent Newspapers Thursday April 15, 2010.

"Abdulsalami's Firm named in Failed Power contract of N19 bn"

------ Vanguard Newspapers Friday March 14, 2008.

"Nigerian Leaders Stole $380 bn"

----- BBC News Friday 20 October 2006.

Refineries in Warri and Portharcourt were fixed by Diezani under Jonathan administration. Buhari could not have done a thing in just 2 months. Stop the lies.

"Who is going to fight corruption? The APC people or Obasanjo? They only pay lip service to fighting corruption. Buhari himself is not clean. What is corruption? Malpractices, parading questionable certificates, swearing to false affidavit, they are all part of corruption. And in the 1970s when Buhari was federal commissioner for Petroleum, about $2.8 billion Oil money went missing. It was later discovered that this amount was paid into a British Bank where it yielded about $400 million interest. Nobody knows where that money is. Buhari said he did n't know about it. He was appointed by Abacha as chairman of PTF, my own brother Prof. J.P. Clark was a member. In fact only prof. J.P. Clark and Buhari are still living members of PTF. Buhari brought his brother-in-law as a consultant and later handed over the entire administration of PTF to him and others. They had the authority to execute all projects. At the end of it all, they left and Obasanjo dissolved the board and removed all of them. Then Obasanjo set up a Commission of Enquiry to probe the PTF and the report, which had just been published by some newspapers, shows that N25 billion could not be accounted for by Buhari and those who administered the place. Yet Obasanjo came out to say the only thing he found against him was that instead of building roads and houses, he was busy buying mosquito nets with PTF money."

------ Edwin Kiagbodo Clark Vanguard News Sunday February 22, 2015.

"'Some $30 billion dollars was reportedly earned from Oil during the Babangida years (1985 - 1993). There was in particular the 12 billion dollars Oil windfall earned from 1991 Gulf War. Where did all these huge sums of money go? The most visible answers are some of the multi-billion-dollar white elephant projects around the country. According to Okigbo the handling of the special projects accounts by the Babangida regime was a "gross abuse of public trust."'

-- This Day Newspapers Saturday September 16, 2000.

"...even as Nigeria's oil revenues have soared: in the course of Obasanjo's eight-year tenure, Nigeria earned $223 billion, two and a half times the amount earned over the previous eight years. But thanks to kleptocracy and rampant graft, much of the money has not gone where it should have....Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) estimates that the country has wasted $400 billion since 1960."

----- Jean Herskovits, Former CIA Officer on African Affairs in "Foreign Policy", a United States Journal, August 2007.

"Has the former President (Obasanjo) forgotten that he wasted $16.5 billion dollars on power during his tenure and that $16.5 billion dollars was never accounted for?"

------ Rowland Owie, Former Senate Chief Whip, 1979 - 1983 --- Vanguard News Thursday November 6, 2014.

"The resultant effect of this shoddy approach to National Development was an unmitigated disaster and a colossal los of a whopping sum of nearly 16 billion dollars" .

---- Ameh Ebute Senate President 1993 --- Vanguard News Tuesday October 21, 2014.

"Abacha Served Nigeria Well, say Buhari, Abdulsalami. He did not loot treasury, Babangida declares."
From Adamu Abuh (Kano) and Kodilinye Obiagwu (Lagos)

---- Guardian Newspapers Monday June 9, 2008.

"Abacha Loot: Switzerland has returned $700 m to Nigeria"

---- Vanguard Newspapers Wednesday December 5, 2012.

"US Freezes $458 m Stolen by Nigeria Dictator Abacha"

---- Vanguard News Wednesday March 5, 2014

"State of Jersey to Return 315m Pounds Abacha Loot to Nigeria."

---- Vanguard News Wednesday December 3, 2014..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by Demmocrats(m): 9:28am On Sep 08, 2015
First of all blaming others for your failure is a mark of a professional failure

For two year you where the head of sure p and nothing happened no tangible development majority of roads under sure p are death traps the only thing you did was erect a tombstone type of slab and write sure p assisted roads and nothing happens to the roads. Some of the roads under sure p are like mini lakes right now.

Losers always blame others for there failure Dr Dora when she was head of Nafdac achieved a lot even when she is a woman she did achieve a lot. Do you know how many times they wanted to kill her when she was heading nafdac but still she succeeded but you just few corrupt men that you couldn't handle.

All I see is a man begging to be recognize by my sai buhari that's all and the in the process trying to paint others black.

As far as the system that brought you to that office is corrupt you are corrupt.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by adeyemi97(m): 9:29am On Sep 08, 2015
S
hensben:
A very touching Chinese story: 朣楢琴执㝧执瑩浻 牡楧㩮㔱硰执㝧执獧浻牡楧敬瑦瀰絸朣杢㑳执獧 扻捡 杫潲湵潣潬㩲昣昸昸㬸慢正牧畯摮椭慭敧敷止瑩札慲 楤湥楬 敮牡氬晥⁴ 潴敬瑦戠瑯潴牦浯㡦㡦㡦潴捥捥捥 戻捡杫潲湵浩条㩥眭 扥楫楬敮牡札慲 楤湥潴昣昸昸攣 散散戻捡杫潲湵浩条㩥洭穯氭湩 慥牧摡敩瑮琨灯㡦㡦 㡦 捥捥捥㬩慢正牧畯摮椭慭敧獭氭湩慥牧摡 敩瑮琨灯 㡦㡦㡦捥捥捥㬩慢正 牧畯摮椭慭敧楬敮牡札慲楤湥潴 昣 昸昸攣散散戻捡杫潲湵浩u条㩥楬敮 牡札慲楤湥潴 昣昸昸攣散散汩 整㩲牰杯摩䐺䥘慭敧牔湡晳牯楍牣獯 景牧 摡敩瑮猨慴瑲潃潬卲牴 昣昸昸䔬摮潃潬卲牴攣散 散㬩潢摲牥硰猠汯摩⌠ 㙣㙣㙣搻獩汰祡戺 潬正潭潢摲 牥爭摡畩㩳瀲㭸漭戭牯敤慲楤獵㈺硰敷 止瑩戭牯敤慲 楤獵㈺硰戻牯敤慲楤獵㈺硰执獧搴摻獩汰祡戺潬正瀻 獯 瑩潩㩮 敲慬楴敶执獧搴筮楤灳慬㩹湩楬敮戭潬正漻敶 晲潬 I am already crying especially that very part he said 搴 漻敶晲
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 08, 2015
Great
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by Ephemmm: 9:30am On Sep 08, 2015
Jonathan's administration and corruption are two inseparable duo that cannot be separated, honestly.

Thank God this man was not allowed to rule this country in the next four years: it is evident that things could have gotten messier.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mohammad Hamid Ansari Visits Nigeria With His Wife (Photos) / No Need For 2021 Prophecies, Shehu Sani Tells Clerics / Chidi Lloyd’s Arraignment Stalled [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.