Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,075 members, 7,811,014 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Who Knows This Plant? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Who Knows This Plant? (3200 Views)

Living Fence - I Need The Seed Of This Plant / Who Can Recognize This Plant? / Do You Know This Plant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Knows This Plant? by Paradise163(f): 6:43pm On May 04, 2015
Hi fellows who knows the English or botanical name of this plant. It's called Agbara in my igbo dialect. It's irritating to the skin. Kindly relate your experience with this plant

Re: Who Knows This Plant? by delishpot: 6:47pm On May 04, 2015
Devil beans is what we used to call it as kids
Re: Who Knows This Plant? by topsy1971: 6:52pm On May 04, 2015
Yoruba calls it "werepe" its not harmful in the morning before sunrise. However if it touches you in the afternoon, you are in for hell.
Re: Who Knows This Plant? by dguy4: 7:05pm On May 04, 2015
mucuna
Re: Who Knows This Plant? by achinaboy(m): 7:17pm On May 04, 2015
the botanical name is agbaramic kochiriko grin

1 Like

Re: Who Knows This Plant? by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 04, 2015
may God forgive us...I remember wat we did to the class captain that wrote our names as noise maker. Hmmmm bad day devil drink ragolis water. if you see this ibeg run. I wonder why nigerian movie producers dont go beyond forming to make some real scene using some natural things like this..
lols.
am sure the botanical name will be strong enough to reflect the shoki dance it activate on victims.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Knows This Plant? by kpas4kpas: 7:45pm On May 04, 2015
Haaaaaa.... We call it angb'ekuku. you dear not go close to it be it morning or evening.
Re: Who Knows This Plant? by TheUnbeatable(m): 9:44am On May 06, 2015
Botanical name : Mucuna spp.
Re: Who Knows This Plant? by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:41pm On May 06, 2015
You wouldnot want to go near that plant.
I am sure the botanical name would have been more stronger than mucuna if the naming scientist was made to have a taste of what you experience when in contact with this plant.
Re: Who Knows This Plant? by grandstar(m): 4:01pm On Aug 12, 2015
I remember back in Secondary school when som fiends and I went into the bush to get some.

Unfortunately, we came across a snake which however was fleeing upon sigting us.

My friends all of a sudden developed chicken feet and began to run. I shouted at them, "Have faith in God!" I was then a jim jim born again Christian

My appeal worked no magic, they just seemed to increase their speed.

I then decided to follow suit.

Though we were unsuccessful, I was flogged when a werepe (devil beans) epidemic broke out. It was so unfair. Travesty of justice grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Rich And Nutricious Packaged Kuli Kuli For Sale / Pls Where Can I Get Loan To Start A Farm? / Price Of Full Fat Soyabeans In Tiv Land Benue State Needed For Big Fish Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.