Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,994 members, 7,863,571 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:22 PM

Is This A Reason To Quit The Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is This A Reason To Quit The Relationship? (1023 Views)

If You Propose And She Says 'No', Is The Relationship Over? / Is This Enough Reason To Breakup With My Boo? / Is This Enough Reason To Quit The Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This A Reason To Quit The Relationship? by seggzz(m): 9:39am On May 05, 2015
A friend told me that I should give him an advice on this issue. They were in relationship that lasted for a year now. The fiance is from the south west( Yoruba) while the fiancée is from southeast (Igbo). They both agreed that she should tell her single mum in the village about introducing him. She went to the village and came back with quoted message below;

" My mother said your place is far and was supported by my elder sister. She rejected you but I LOVE YOU"

Should he quit the relationship? or find alternatives to keep it going? What is your advice on this.
Re: Is This A Reason To Quit The Relationship? by Mrbigman1(m): 9:42am On May 05, 2015
seggzz:
A friend told me that I should give him an advice on this issue. They were in relationship that lasted for a year now. The fiance is from the south west( Yoruba) while the fiancée is from southeast (Igbo). They both agreed that she should tell her single mum in the village about introducing him. She went to the village and came back with quoted message below;

" My mother said your place is far and was supported by my elder sister. She rejected you but I LOVE YOU"

Should he quit the relationship? or find alternatives to keep it going? What is your advice on this.

But it's true, imagine going for a burial an occasions, imagine going with ur family or hers through and fro east and west.

Abeg e too far. Go marry ur tribe, it would do u better
Re: Is This A Reason To Quit The Relationship? by Nobody: 9:43am On May 05, 2015
[size=15pt] Only if the word "friend" can go into extinction, i wonder who you will start lying against then angry [/size]
Re: Is This A Reason To Quit The Relationship? by Nobody: 9:48am On May 05, 2015
I thought they said love knows no bounds? Guy abeg carry on with the relationship..

In this fuel scarcity. You still want to marry from that kind of far place? Don't worry. . It is ontop horse that you both will go to her village. .
Re: Is This A Reason To Quit The Relationship? by ronald4lif(m): 9:51am On May 05, 2015
Mrbigman1:

But it's true, imagine going for a burial an occasions, imagine going with ur family or hers through and fro east and west.

Wow. Like seriously are you serious?

What has tribe or distance got to do with love and two people who really want to be together? And you're even using burial as example.
Re: Is This A Reason To Quit The Relationship? by ronald4lif(m): 9:56am On May 05, 2015
The mom and sister are simply tribalists and you shouldn't let them put you down or stop what you're having with this girl. Except ofcourse she calls it off herself.

Good thing is, you're aware that with this posture from her family the relationship might not end up well so never lose your guard or completely rely on it.
Re: Is This A Reason To Quit The Relationship? by Nobody: 10:02am On May 05, 2015
Well the girl's Family has spoken, there's no way the relationship will be that successful, unless of course the girl whom you're in love with tries

to change the shrewd of her Mother and sister about you. but you don't have to get your hopes up about the relationship in this situation now.
Re: Is This A Reason To Quit The Relationship? by Bisjosh(f): 10:17am On May 05, 2015
You can never win the battles with in-laws esp when the spouse is in support of it.

Be wise.
Re: Is This A Reason To Quit The Relationship? by Mrbigman1(m): 10:32am On May 05, 2015
ronald4lif:

Wow. Like seriously are you serious?

What has tribe or distance got to do with love and two people who really want to be together? And you're even using burial as example.

When u re in a relationship, u can get all the love u can offer or u need.

When it's time for marriage, love should be a minimal requirement.

U put two and two together and think of the future.

It's like establishing an industry, capital should be a minimal factor, other great things should have been meant before capital should come in. Cos u can borrow capital or start in a small scale. But when u dnt have vision but have heavy capital, u end up wasting ur time.

It's just my saying, pick what u need in it and move on brother.

I have cousins who are regretting this am telling u. Not cos dia is no love but cos it takes more dan love to have a home.

Our parents never knew them selves before dey got married but they grew to love better in hardness

Do ur thing anyway
Re: Is This A Reason To Quit The Relationship? by prettyjo(f): 10:35am On May 05, 2015
Re: Is This A Reason To Quit The Relationship? by ronald4lif(m): 10:39am On May 05, 2015
Mrbigman1:

When u re in a relationship, u can get all the love u can offer or u need.

When it's time for marriage, love should be a minimal requirement.

U put two and two together and think of the future.

It's like establishing an industry, capital should be a minimal factor, other great things should have been meant before capital should come in. Cos u can borrow capital or start in a small scale. But when u dnt have vision but have heavy capital, u end up wasting ur time.

It's just my saying, pick what u need in it and move on brother.

I have cousins who are regretting this am telling u. Not cos dia is no love but cos it takes more dan love to have a home.

Our parents never knew them selves before dey got married but they grew to love better in hardness

Do ur thing anyway

I have some reservations which I would have love to address but with the bolded it will be futile. I completely agree at the bolded. Thanks
Re: Is This A Reason To Quit The Relationship? by ronald4lif(m): 10:42am On May 05, 2015
prettyjo:

Ani nile afu inada azuko iji kwa ego gi
Re: Is This A Reason To Quit The Relationship? by Strongfaze(m): 12:11pm On May 05, 2015
He should pay them a visit if he really wants to marry her. He still has a chance of convincing her mum.
Re: Is This A Reason To Quit The Relationship? by prettyjo(f): 12:28pm On May 05, 2015
ronald4lif:

Ani nile afu inada azuko iji kwa ego gi
lolzzzz.ejim egom
Re: Is This A Reason To Quit The Relationship? by seggzz(m): 1:05pm On May 30, 2015
Mrbigman1:

what will you say if it were to be an American?
Re: Is This A Reason To Quit The Relationship? by Mrbigman1(m): 3:28pm On May 30, 2015
seggzz:

what will you say if it were to be an American?

If am American, i'd behave like an Americano

(1) (Reply)

7 Reasons Why He Never Called Again After First Date / Top 10 Monikers With The Highest Amount Of Likes On Their Profiles. / He Almost got Himself In Deep Trouble.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.