Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,116 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

Contradictions In The Bible - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Contradictions In The Bible (3597 Views)

101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible / 101 Contradictions In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Contradictions In The Bible by babs787(m): 3:33pm On Sep 29, 2006
ishmael,

once again, i decided to bring it up again. while typing, i made typographical error which if not corrected, u may turn it to mean another thing.

this is the very sentence am referring to you yourself knew that Muslims donmt have jesus christ. u saw all i brought out from the bible, what is anti christ in that for telling the truth.

u urself knew that every muslims love jesus christ,we have him in our holy quran including his mother. we believe in him cos its part of the articles of faith to believe in all prophets including jesus.

may God forgive you and show the truth
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by ishmael(m): 4:12pm On Sep 29, 2006
you' re in darkness pally; comot from there so that you go dey see road well o!!
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by somze(f): 1:29am On May 05, 2007
All this and more contradictions in the bible have been answered or explained. Dont be suprised anyone they have been around for years (since the 1960s) and since then have been answered. Moslems and skeptics just keep bringing it every day as if its a new information.

http://www.bringyou.to/apologetics/bible.htm
http://contenderministries.org/discrepancies/contradictions.php

and many more, grin
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by babs787(m): 5:09pm On May 07, 2007
Should we treat them one after the other?
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 07, 2007
babs,soon you'll start crying that Mohammed has been dissed.
If you can't bake,you better get off the oven!!
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by pilgrim1(f): 6:52pm On May 07, 2007
@babyosisi,

Glad you observed that. Perhaps it is just some sort of sport he enjoys.
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 07, 2007
my dear.
He goes around parading his "great knowledge of the Bible" and then starts crying Mohammed mohammed when people strike back and tell it like it is.
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by pilgrim1(f): 8:58pm On May 07, 2007
We're used to such. The typical Muslim way of reasoning is to skit around issues and then praise themselves over issues they really can't figure out in the first place. I know this is not new to you and most people who've read him; but then one can forgive him for simply displaying what I was well acquainted with as a former Muslim.
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by babs787(m): 11:32am On May 08, 2007
@babyosis

I weep for your soul. Did I complain to you in the first place? Are you not the one that extended handshake when you felt that your falsehood has been exposed and you kept apologising? Never mind, you will explain them to me one after the other. Apart from the 101 posted then, I have another list with me here which will be served you one after the other.

@Pilgrim

I will be serving them to you one after the other and we will see who will run or beat about the bush

Stay glued.
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by somze(f): 11:48am On May 08, 2007
babs787:

@babyosis
I weep for your soul. Did I complain to you in the first place? Are you not the one that extended handshake when you felt that your falsehood has been exposed and you kept apologising? Never mind, you will explain them to me one after the other. Apart from the 101 posted then, I have another list with me here which will be served you one after the other.

@Pilgrim
I will be serving them to you one after the other and we will see who will run or beat about the bush
Stay glued.

While u are at it why dont we talk about the contradictions in the Koran.
http://answering-islam.org/Quran/Contra/index.html
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by nossycheek(f): 2:18pm On May 08, 2007
babyosisi, pilgrim, somze

Fear ye not for I am with you even on to the end of the ages. Thus says the lord.

babs787
Well, go on and continue your expedition, by the time I stir your own bees, your buttocks cannot contain the stings. When you deride us, other muslims laugh but a single thread, and they wept. A word is enough for the wise. Argue on what you know and do not thread on where you do not have the knowledge.

I am on the look out lipsrsealed
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by nossycheek(f): 2:26pm On May 08, 2007
Just a tip of the ice berg

It is clearly evident in the Quran that Muhammad understood himself as being the warner to the people of Arabia - a people who did not have a prophet of their own to relate to them the universal message about the unity of God and His claims as it had been revealed to other nations previously. Now God had sent him to speak to them in their own tongue:

"By the book that makes things clear, - We have made it a Quran in Arabic, that ye may be able to understand."
(Sura 43:3).
"Before this was the Book of Moses as a guide and a mercy; And this book confirms (it) in the Arabic tongue."
(Sura 46:12).

"Thus have We sent by inspiration to thee an Arabic Quran: That thou mayest warn the mother of cities (i.e. Mecca) and all around her." (Sura 42:7).

"Verily this is a Revelation from the Lord of the Worlds: With it came down the Spirit of Faith and Truth to thy heart and mind that thou mayest admonish (warn) in the perspicuous Arabic tongue. Without doubt it is (announced) in the mystic Books of former peoples." (Sura 26:192-196).

"An Arabic Quran have We sent down that you may understand it." (Sura 12:2).

Read also: Suras 16:103; 41:3-4, 43-44; 39:28; 20:113.

Universality for Islam and the Quran, as claimed by Muslims today, is contradicted by the Quran wherein Muhammad is seen as a warner to the Arabic speaking people, particularly Mecca. The term "Arabic Quran" obviously presupposes at least one other Quran (=reading or recitation) and not doubt refers to the Hebrew "Quran" and, if you wish, the Greek "Quran" (being the Old and New Testaments). These "Qurans" are not invalidated by an Arabic Quran, but rather confirmed. There is only one problem: an Arabic Quran was not announced in the "mystic Books of former peoples". To say the least, there is no such book available today, neither was it known at the time of Muhammad.

Another very interesting aspect is that in the pages of both the Quran and the Bible Jesus enjoys a uniqueness that elevates Him above all other prophets. We very much recommend the booklet "The Uniqueness of Jesus in the Quran and the Bible" by John Gilchrist. In it the attributes of Jesus are investigated in depth, all of which are absent in all the other prophets:

He was born of a virgin (Suras 19:16-34, 21:91);

He was sinless (faultless) (Sura 19:19) in contrast to:

Adam Suras 2:36, 7:22-23
Abraham Sura 26:82
Moses Sura 28:15-16
Jonah Sura 37:142
David Sura 38:24-25
Muhammad Suras 40:55, 47:19, 48:1-2, 33:36-38;
and all other men;

He ascended to heaven (Suras 4:158, 3:55):

He will return to this earth to judge mankind, (Sura 43:61); and, we may add:

That He came with signs to prove His identity (heal the blind and lepers; raise the dead). (Sura 5:113).
Indeed, Jesus over and above His uniqueness is universal, even according to the Quran:

"We made her (Mary) and her son (Jesus) a sign for all people." (Sura 21:91).
Surely that should give all people food for thought, particularly those who believe in the message of the Quran.

None of the above can be invalidated by the statement:

"Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Apostle of Allah, and the Seal of the Prophets." (Sura 33:40). Yusuf Ali's Commentary on this verse explains it as follows:

"When a document is sealed it is complete and there can be no further addition. The holy Prophet Muhammad closed the long line of Apostles."
This is in keeping with the Islamic concept that the Quran had to replace former scriptures, because of their incompleteness and corruption and that Muhammad, being the last of the prophets, is the greatest of them all.

This interpretation is, however, contradicted by other verses:

"Say ye: 'We believe in Allah, and the revelation given to us, and to Abraham, Ismail, Isaac, Jacob and the Tribes, and that given to Moses, and Jesus, and that given to all prophets from their Lord:
WE MAKE NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ONE AND ANOTHER OF THEM." (Sura 2:136).

"Say: 'We believe in Allah, and in what has been revealed to us and what is revealed to Abraham, Ismail, Isaac, Jacob, and the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between one and another among them , " (Sura 3:84).

It is only later in his career that Muhammad extends his call and apostleship universally (Sura 34:28).

We consequently conclude: Islamic theology that juggles Jesus into second place, or creates an image of Jesus that does not coincide with the teaching of the Gospel, or even with that of the Quran, is the result of embarrassment over the obviously different position that Jesus had in relation to the other prophets, for Jesus was not a prophet within the normally accepted meaning of the word, but the only Salvation that God ever offered to mankind. This is decidedly expressed in His very name Jesus (=salvation).

The Bible claims universality for Jesus as the only liberator from sin, if sin is properly understood (John 14:6, Acts 4:12 and many other passages). The uniqueness of the life of Jesus and the evidences in support of the divine source of the Bible provide sufficient proof for this claim. Why should any man seek help elsewhere?
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by babs787(m): 3:23pm On May 08, 2007
@nossycheeks

Well, go on and continue your expedition, by the time I stir your own bees, your buttocks cannot contain the stings. When you deride us, other muslims laugh but a single thread, and they wept. A word is enough for the wise. Argue on what you know and do not thread on where you do not have the knowledge.

Empty barrel cheesy. I am ready and looking forward to that. Is that a threat? grin. Dont worry, I am threading where I have little knowledge and you will add to my knowledge

@somze

While u are at it why don't we talk about the contradictions in the Koran.

Hope you are not trying to divert the topic.

This is the exact thing I told some of your folks that they are free to lift from anywhere that they should be rest assured that they would be refuted.

It seems you are just from another planet. If you have been here and reading posts, you would have read it that your sister babyosis went to her authors of the same site you posted. Her authors in the like of silas, chowdry etc failed her and kept going round in circles without saying anything reasonable. Again one of your sisters went there again trying to provide explanation to what cannot be explained. You also went there, lifted from there. I told babyosis then that my own 101 was different from the replied to by her authors. I still have others with which will be served you soon.

As for the link you posted, here is the link containing detailed response to your questions as against those edited by your authors.

Here is your link

Here is my detailed response
http://www.answering-christianity.com/quran/quranerr.htm

So when you are through with those, call on me.

As for pilgrim, I will supply her the contradictions different from the above and she will have to explain them to me because I am here to learn cheesy cheesy.

Truth has come, falsehood is bound to perish.

Peace
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by somze(f): 4:16pm On May 08, 2007
@nossycheek
That is wonderfull. I knew the quran mentions the bible and Christ but i'm amazed how much it mentions and what exactly it says. Thanks

@babs787
Before going on to the contradictions of both the bible and the quran, do you care to respond to nossycheek's previous post on statements from the quran about The bible, Jesus and mohammed? Or would it be better for you to simply ignore it?
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 08, 2007
babs787:

@babyosis

The only reason I was willing to cut Muhammad a slack was that we had exposed him enough,his deeds are now well known to the forumites and secondly for the sake of people like Mukina who though a Muslim would not stand pedophilia,being scourged or polygamy.

I know my writings are not palatable to her.
I wanted us to stop the mudslinging but no where did I deny my facts.
get that into that skull of yours,dear
You have said and done nothing but merely expose your ignorance on issues.

And like I told you before,if you ever get your paws on a 6 or 9 year old,may they wither before you get to your menene.
That is one example you must not follow grin
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by babs787(m): 5:00pm On May 08, 2007
@babyosis

Truth stands out from falsehood. This thread will now be for biblical contradictions since nossycheeks has opened one for quran too. So no diversion as you normally do when you have nothing to say. You have even showed it in your last post.
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by somze(f): 5:16pm On May 08, 2007
I will not die of laughter. babs787, i actually went to the site you prescribed to see his rebuttals and the following are what I noticed -

I got to understand Jochen Katz's reason for not removing some contradictions. As far as he puts the link where these contradictions has been responded to by muslims, i see no problem. However this is one reason why i think they should be left on - I was looking at your guys answer to the first contradiction - Who suffers loss if Muhammad was wrong? http://www.answering-christianity.com/quran/astray_rebuttal.htm I do not understand (or know how the author understands) which verses are meant for him and which ones are for all muslims. It makes God seem wrong. If you are sincere you'd know its not clear at all, even to you. So i'm still having problems, trying to understand a verse that i cant. My best bet is to do another research by searching another site or you could care to explain.

looking at his links on women, i can pick up a lot of cases where the author was misguided or plain wrong. There are however some cases i can not explain but will read through the passages in the bible again. Please reply my previous post (about nossycheeks) then we can talk on this very contradiction and the women.
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by somze(f): 5:51pm On May 08, 2007
Also i was looking at the your author's claim that the bible is corrupt from deut 4:2 and jer 8:8. Cant remember his link, mistakenly closed it. Will search for it. but still this claim is simple laughable. Let me explain this one now -

Deuteronomy 4 (NIV)
Obedience Commanded

1 Hear now, O Israel, the decrees and laws I am about to teach you. Follow them so that you may live and may go in and take possession of the land that the LORD, the God of your fathers, is giving you. 2 Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the LORD your God that I give you.

3 You saw with your own eyes what the LORD did at Baal Peor. The LORD your God destroyed from among you everyone who followed the Baal of Peor, 4 but all of you who held fast to the LORD your God are still alive today.

5 See, I have taught you decrees and laws as the LORD my God commanded me, so that you may follow them in the land you are entering to take possession of it.

Explanation - people are advised to obey exactly the commands God gave out and not disobey hence verses 3 and 4. When you disobey God you literally write your own commands - add to His. You can also explain 2 literally - dont add your own instructions to Gods written laws in the bible,

Jeremiah 8

1 " 'At that time, declares the LORD, the bones of the kings and officials of Judah, the bones of the priests and prophets, and the bones of the people of Jerusalem will be removed from their graves. 2 They will be exposed to the sun and the moon and all the stars of the heavens, which they have loved and served and which they have followed and consulted and worshiped. They will not be gathered up or buried, but will be like refuse lying on the ground. 3 Wherever I banish them, all the survivors of this evil nation will prefer death to life, declares the LORD Almighty.'
Sin and Punishment
4 "Say to them, 'This is what the LORD says:
" 'When men fall down, do they not get up?
When a man turns away, does he not return?

5 Why then have these people turned away?
Why does Jerusalem always turn away?
They cling to deceit;
they refuse to return.

6 I have listened attentively,
but they do not say what is right.
No one repents of his wickedness,
saying, "What have I done?"
Each pursues his own course
like a horse charging into battle.

7 Even the stork in the sky
knows her appointed seasons,
and the dove, the swift and the thrush
observe the time of their migration.
But my people do not know
the requirements of the LORD.

8 " 'How can you say, "We are wise,
for we have the law of the LORD,"
when actually the lying pen of the scribes
has handled it falsely?

9 The wise will be put to shame;
they will be dismayed and trapped.
Since they have rejected the word of the LORD,
what kind of wisdom do they have?

10 Therefore I will give their wives to other men
and their fields to new owners.
From the least to the greatest,
all are greedy for gain;
prophets and priests alike,
all practice deceit.

11 They dress the wound of my people
as though it were not serious.
"Peace, peace," they say,
when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct?
No, they have no shame at all;
they do not even know how to blush.
So they will fall among the fallen;
they will be brought down when they are punished,
says the LORD.

13 " 'I will take away their harvest,
declares the LORD.
There will be no grapes on the vine.
There will be no figs on the tree,
and their leaves will wither.
What I have given them
will be taken from them. [a] ' "

Jer 8:8 (NLT)
How can you say, "We understand his laws," when your teachers have twisted them up to mean a thing I never said

Isreal disobeyed God and he metted out their purnishment (Deut 4 warned this). Verse 8 of the chapter shows clearly that even teachers (or scribes) were involved in taking the people astray by instructing things that God did not say. The verse's figurativeness is implied by the rest of the chapter and how you can link this to the fact that the bible is corrupt is absurd. These scribes did not rewrite jeremiah or any other part of the bible. They were then clearly stupid to leave this verse out. They instructed the people wrongly and encouraged their disobedience. Other part of the bible prophetical write-ups (isaiah, ezekiel, jeremiah) around this period confirm the facts.

If anything this verse warns what can happen on earth when a nation choose to disobey God.
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by thesilent1(m): 2:40pm On May 10, 2007
again, if your foundation is wrong, eveything you build on top of that will be wrong!!!

you lot are arguing what you ahve been told!!! not what you have studied!!!

these are simply things! the Bible does NOT contradict itself IF you read it properly!!!!!

Do you not think it strange that there is NO mention of satan in the whole testament!!! not the "accuser" but satan himself. think about that. when you get it, you will see why so many thing s that devil did were attributed to God!!!!
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by jeshua(m): 4:24pm On May 10, 2007
nossycheek:

Just a tip of the ice berg

It is clearly evident in the Quran that Muhammad understood himself as being the warner to the people of Arabia - a people who did not have a prophet of their own to relate to them the universal message about the unity of God and His claims as it had been revealed to other nations previously. Now God had sent him to speak to them in their own tongue:

"By the book that makes things clear, - We have made it a Quran in Arabic, that ye may be able to understand."
(Sura 43:3).
"Before this was the Book of Moses as a guide and a mercy; And this book confirms (it) in the Arabic tongue."
(Sura 46:12).

"Thus have We sent by inspiration to thee an Arabic Quran: That thou mayest warn the mother of cities (i.e. Mecca) and all around her." (Sura 42:7).

"Verily this is a Revelation from the Lord of the Worlds: With it came down the Spirit of Faith and Truth to thy heart and mind that thou mayest admonish (warn) in the perspicuous Arabic tongue. Without doubt it is (announced) in the mystic Books of former peoples." (Sura 26:192-196).

"An Arabic Quran have We sent down that you may understand it." (Sura 12:2).

Read also: Suras 16:103; 41:3-4, 43-44; 39:28; 20:113.

Universality for Islam and the Quran, as claimed by Muslims today, is contradicted by the Quran wherein Muhammad is seen as a warner to the Arabic speaking people, particularly Mecca. The term "Arabic Quran" obviously presupposes at least one other Quran (=reading or recitation) and not doubt refers to the Hebrew "Quran" and, if you wish, the Greek "Quran" (being the Old and New Testaments). These "Qurans" are not invalidated by an Arabic Quran, but rather confirmed. There is only one problem: an Arabic Quran was not announced in the "mystic Books of former peoples". To say the least, there is no such book available today, neither was it known at the time of Muhammad.

Another very interesting aspect is that in the pages of both the Quran and the Bible Jesus enjoys a uniqueness that elevates Him above all other prophets. We very much recommend the booklet "The Uniqueness of Jesus in the Quran and the Bible" by John Gilchrist. In it the attributes of Jesus are investigated in depth, all of which are absent in all the other prophets:

He was born of a virgin (Suras 19:16-34, 21:91);

He was sinless (faultless) (Sura 19:19) in contrast to:

Adam Suras 2:36, 7:22-23
Abraham Sura 26:82
Moses Sura 28:15-16
Jonah Sura 37:142
David Sura 38:24-25
Muhammad Suras 40:55, 47:19, 48:1-2, 33:36-38;
and all other men;

He ascended to heaven (Suras 4:158, 3:55):

He will return to this earth to judge mankind, (Sura 43:61); and, we may add:

That He came with signs to prove His identity (heal the blind and lepers; raise the dead). (Sura 5:113).
Indeed, Jesus over and above His uniqueness is universal, even according to the Quran:

"We made her (Mary) and her son (Jesus) a sign for all people." (Sura 21:91).
Surely that should give all people food for thought, particularly those who believe in the message of the Quran.

None of the above can be invalidated by the statement:

"Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Apostle of Allah, and the Seal of the Prophets." (Sura 33:40). Yusuf Ali's Commentary on this verse explains it as follows:

"When a document is sealed it is complete and there can be no further addition. The holy Prophet Muhammad closed the long line of Apostles."
This is in keeping with the Islamic concept that the Quran had to replace former scriptures, because of their incompleteness and corruption and that Muhammad, being the last of the prophets, is the greatest of them all.

This interpretation is, however, contradicted by other verses:

"Say ye: 'We believe in Allah, and the revelation given to us, and to Abraham, Ismail, Isaac, Jacob and the Tribes, and that given to Moses, and Jesus, and that given to all prophets from their Lord:
WE MAKE NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ONE AND ANOTHER OF THEM." (Sura 2:136).

"Say: 'We believe in Allah, and in what has been revealed to us and what is revealed to Abraham, Ismail, Isaac, Jacob, and the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between one and another among them , " (Sura 3:84).

It is only later in his career that Muhammad extends his call and apostleship universally (Sura 34:28).

We consequently conclude: Islamic theology that juggles Jesus into second place, or creates an image of Jesus that does not coincide with the teaching of the Gospel, or even with that of the Quran, is the result of embarrassment over the obviously different position that Jesus had in relation to the other prophets, for Jesus was not a prophet within the normally accepted meaning of the word, but the only Salvation that God ever offered to mankind. This is decidedly expressed in His very name Jesus (=salvation).

The Bible claims universality for Jesus as the only liberator from sin, if sin is properly understood (John 14:6, Acts 4:12 and many other passages). The uniqueness of the life of Jesus and the evidences in support of the divine source of the Bible provide sufficient proof for this claim. Why should any man seek help elsewhere?

why cant babs just say something on what you have here instead of beating about the jungle. He just wants attention
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by stimulus(m): 4:32pm On May 10, 2007
jeshua:

why can't babs just say something on what you have here instead of beating about the jungle. He just wants attention

He's been known for the jungle act ever since!  smiley
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by zuluman(m): 7:00pm On May 10, 2007
@ Rhea

The bible is not read like a poem. You don't isolate/extract quotes and make conclusions with them just like most warehouse pastors do. Read the whole quotation or better still the adjoining story in its fullness to understand where the author is coming from. Let me demonstrate with the first line of what you found. Quotes in red are from your thread.

God is satisfied with his works (Gen 1:31)

Gen 1:31: God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

Gen 6:6 God is dissatisfied with his works

Gen 6:5-6 says: The LORD saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time. The LORD was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain.

I could go on and on. Do not be misled by non-believers. The bible is as clear as the interpretation you give it.

Thank you for your comments. cool God bless you! People should know that the bible is different from any magazine. It is one thing to read the bible, and it is another thing entirely to understand the Words of the bible. Also, it is God that gives people the privilege to understand the Words in the bible.
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by somze(f): 7:50pm On May 10, 2007
thesilent1:

again, if your foundation is wrong, eveything you build on top of that will be wrong!!!

you lot are arguing what you ahve been told!!! not what you have studied!!!

these are simply things! the Bible does NOT contradict itself IF you read it properly!!!!!

Do you not think it strange that there is NO mention of satan in the whole testament!!! not the "accuser" but satan himself. think about that. when you get it, you will see why so many thing s that devil did were attributed to God!!!!

Not all of us my friend grin
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by pilgrim1(f): 7:15am On May 11, 2007
@thesilent1,

thesilent1:

I'm sorry if I didn't quite understand what you mean by the highlighted statement above. What Testament were you referring to??

Satan was mentioned in both the Old and New Testaments -

OT >>

Job 1:6 - 'Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.'

Psa. 109:6 - 'Set thou a wicked man over him: and let Satan stand at his right hand.'

Zech. 3:1 - 'And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.'

--------------------

NT >>

Matt. 4:10 - 'Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.'

Mark 1:13 - 'And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan; and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered unto him.'

Rev. 20:2 - 'And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years.'
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by thesilent1(m): 7:32am On May 11, 2007
pilgrim,

sorry, i think i should have explained what i meant properly; you never hear anyone accusing satan of evil as then, they thought both good and evil came from God.
It is only in the new testament that Jesus defines who is love and who is evil.

sorry if not explained properly.
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by pilgrim1(f): 7:43am On May 11, 2007
Lol @thesilent1,

Actually, the book of Job clearly shows Satan in his evil adventures.

Other places where he is mentioned in the OT reveal the same thing.

The NT unveils him in more detail; and what I have found of particular and amazing interest is that only in the NT are people given the power to cast out demons. I stand to be corrected on this, but I haven't yet come across any verse where anyone cast out a demon. This reveals the awesome power that we have in the Name of Jesus Christ! smiley
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Mosetra(f): 9:52am On May 11, 2007
i don't think i've ever come across a being - live or on the net - more confused than your statements always say of you! Why don't ever take time to read and digest other people's posts? The way u interpret and quote other people's opinions is the same way u read the Bible; in part, with a biased mind, closed up to learning; immature to take criticisms. As a man thinketh in his heart, so he is. He speaks it, and acts it.

I'm not surpised at u but at other misguided Christians who join you to say unprintable things about their faith. Well, i hope that soon they will come to terms with God so He can teach them what His Words say about Him. The Bible is not like any other book; you have to read the Bible with a spiritual eye and a heart filled with the Spirit, i mean the Holy Spirit which only Jesus sends as a Guide and Comforter to those who beleive in His most Holy Name.

@stimulus

You are a genius! a, proud to have you as a Christian brother. Keep it up and God bless
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Mosetra(f): 10:02am On May 11, 2007
i don't think i've ever come across a being - live or on the net - more confused than your statements always say of you! Why don't ever take time to read and digest other people's posts? The way u interpret and quote other people's opinions is the same way u read the Bible; in part, with a biased mind, closed up to learning; immature to take criticisms. As a man thinketh in his heart, so he is. He speaks it, and acts it.

I'm not surpised at u but at other misguided Christians who join you to say unprintable things about their faith. Well, i hope that soon they will come to terms with God so He can teach them what His Words say about Him. The Bible is not like any other book; you have to read the Bible with a spiritual eye and a heart filled with the Spirit, i mean the Holy Spirit which only Jesus sends as a Guide and Comforter to those who beleive in His most Holy Name.
[color=#990000][/color]

@babs787
in my struggle to come to terms with what an ignorant fellow u have shown the world u are, i forgot to add that the statements above are for u. now am doing that. Just an advice: wake up from that deep slumber into which the devil has pushed you and see the truth while u still can. The hour cometh when u will want thatsame truth, but lo, i hope u will be able to complete that, at least!
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by babs787(m): 2:45pm On May 12, 2007
@mosetra

Babs is never moved by your insults because it has become your trademark whenever you have nothing to offer.

As for this thread, when am through with your allegations in som threads, babs will ask you questions on how 700 men turned to 7000 men and vice versa

Till then, keep lying to yourselves here till babs comes your way.
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 3:17pm On May 12, 2007
babs787:

@mosetra
Babs is never moved by your insults because it has become your trademark whenever you have nothing to offer.

As for this thread, when am through with your allegations in som threads, babs will ask you questions on how 700 men turned to 7000 men and vice versa

Babs the escapist. . . looking for another loophole to exploit again? Doing a rapid dialogue with our legs when our lies are exposed eh? grin
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by stimulus(m): 2:13am On May 13, 2007
Mosetra:

@stimulus

You are a genius! a, proud to have you as a Christian brother. Keep it up and God bless

Many thanks, @Mosetra. I can trust that babs787's noise is absolutely nothing for you to worry about. The antics of such collied slow-wittedness are meant to be consigned to just one place: rubbish bin.
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by stimulus(m): 2:15am On May 13, 2007
@babs787,

babs787:

Keep sobbing miserably, as if you have not insulted people who tried to reason with you. It has now become convenient for you to borrow lines from other dicussants to pepper up your whimpers when your own burgers have been served you.

babs787:

We are waiting. When you are done plagiarizing other people's articles and dressing them as you own, then we also shall be examining the Quraish wonder of the Islamic mathematics.

babs787:

Grow up and be man enough to admit that your antics have been exposed. If you cannot stand up to your words, then you're not worth making all that noise on the Forum. Ask your bootjackers for advise on new tricks - and for all of that, you'll find out it won't work! grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? / The Fern And The Bamboo / Why Did Abraham Not Pay Tithes On His Cattle, Silver And Gold! Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.