Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

Contradictions In The Bible - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Contradictions In The Bible (3595 Views)

101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible / 101 Contradictions In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Contradictions In The Bible by stimulus(m): 2:16am On May 13, 2007
@davidylan,

davidylan:

Babs the escapist. . . looking for another loophole to exploit again? Doing a rapid dialogue with our legs when our lies are exposed eh? grin

I no fit laugh! The joker thinks his vexations are going to wash his misery after having been exposed for the fraud that he is. Typical of his species to make noise like that. We dey wait. Truth has come, abi? He's about to watch his faslehood perish! grin
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 2:24am On May 13, 2007
No he's on the thread about Jesus being the son of God,blaming everyone from John to Paul for that claim.

The injil that said that was either lost by allah or the goat under aisha's bed ate it ,yet he refuses to accept the one that was never lost.
Brethren I tire o
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by stimulus(m): 2:31am On May 13, 2007
Just leave babs787 - his otiose antics are weathered now, and he's snivelling so badly from being served his own burger.

It's been the usual thing to castigate Christianity with his plagiarized articles. No wahala. Ask him just about the same questions of the Qur'anic "TORAH" and "INJIL", and he's still dancing around in endless complaints.
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 1:09pm On May 13, 2007
[img]http://www.thesmilies.com/smilie-generator/image/cyan%5E_%5Etahoma%5E_%5E0%5E_%5E0%5E_%5EWhere+are+allahs+LOST+books%3F%5E_%5E.gif[/img]
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Gwaine(m): 1:56pm On May 13, 2007
davidylan:

[img]http://www.thesmilies.com/smilie-generator/image/cyan%5E_%5Etahoma%5E_%5E0%5E_%5E0%5E_%5EWhere+are+allahs+LOST+books%3F%5E_%5E.gif[/img]

Here are babs787's answers:

babs787:

The Quran is the last book revealed to the seal of the prophets because the original message of both Torah and Gospel cannot be found.

babs787:

THE TORAH WAS LOST

Okay, since allah's books are lost and cannot be found, let's just all settle down and celebrate the great loss!!

The question now is: since the Qur'anic books of the Torah and the Injil are LOST, what is Muhammad doing in the Bible??

Muslim apologists who have been speaking on both sides of their mouth, while claiming that the Torah and Injil are lost, have desperately tried to force the name "Muhammad" into the Bible - especially into Deuteronomy 18 and John 14 & 16. There's only one implication for this cowardly dribbling: Muhammad was in "the LOST Torah and Injil" and Muslims should cease from trying to find him in the Bible - he's simply not there! grin

--------------------------------

And what about the questions presented in this link: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-52589.0.html#msg1102231 ??

[img]http://www.thesmilies.com/smilie-generator/image/cyan%5E_%5Etahoma%5E_%5E0%5E_%5E0%5E_%5Ebabs787+are+you+still+playing+games%3F%5E_%5E.gif[/img]
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by mrpataki(m): 3:03pm On May 13, 2007
Gwaine:

Here are babs787's answers:

Okay, since allah's books are lost and cannot be found, let's just all settle down and celebrate the great loss!!

The question now is: since the Qur'anic books of the Torah and the Injil are LOST, what is Muhammad doing in the Bible??

Muslim apologists who have been speaking on both sides of their mouth, while claiming that the Torah and Injil are lost, have desperately tried to force the name "Muhammad" into the Bible - especially into Deuteronomy 18 and John 14 & 16. There's only one implication for this cowardly dribbling: Muhammad was in "the LOST Torah and Injil" and Muslims should cease from trying to find him in the Bible - he's simply not there! grin

--------------------------------

And what about the questions presented in this link: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-52589.0.html#msg1102231 ??

[img]http://www.thesmilies.com/smilie-generator/image/cyan%5E_%5Etahoma%5E_%5E0%5E_%5E0%5E_%5Ebabs787+are+you+still+playing+games%3F%5E_%5E.gif[/img]

Men Men It is a lie!!!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Happy Sunday to you cheesy

Gwaine where have you been? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Are you back for real or going again? Missed a lot of guys here!

Articulate inputs once again!!
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Gwaine(m): 8:21pm On May 13, 2007
mrpataki:

Men Men It is a lie!!!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Happy Sunday to you cheesy

Gwaine where have you been? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Are you back for real or going again? Missed a lot of guys here!

Articulate inputs once again!!

Lol grin cheesy

Happy Sunday, mrpataki. I've been quite busy and only recently relocated. Getting more settled in my new environment; so I guess you'll be reading more frequently from me (although on and off between times as I travel a lot these days as well).

Great to be back - and many blessings to you. cheesy
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by babs787(m): 4:53pm On May 15, 2007
@Gwaine

Babs is still very much around. You have response to your answers but you still have to answer me here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-50927.32.html

Allah's book ke? Is Allah the same as God?

Brother stop avoiding question, the question is still the same. Do we say the Gospel in existence now is the same book given to Jesus?

Muslim apologists who have been speaking on both sides of their mouth, while claiming that the Torah and Injil are lost, have desperately tried to force the name "Muhammad" into the Bible - especially into Deuteronomy 18 and John 14 & 16. There's only one implication for this cowardly dribbling: Muhammad was in "the LOST Torah and Injil" and Muslims should cease from trying to find him in the Bible - he's simply not there!

It is your problem, I have provided detailed response to your infantile thinking. You only need to go there and grab
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 15, 2007
When I was in secondary school,answering a question with a question earned you an F.
Babs,try again and this time I shall put it in the WAEC form,this is Islamic religious knowledge AKA Koranic Studies.

The Torah,Injil and Psalms were lost by allah , Discuss

any other Muslim or Muslimas can join in
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Gwaine(m): 5:42pm On May 15, 2007
babs787:

Allah's book ke? Is Allah the same as God?

So once again you are confirming the Islamic tenet that 'Allah' is not God, yes?

babs787:

Brother stop avoiding question, the question is still the same. Do we say the Gospel in existence now is the same book given to Jesus?

The Gospels in the NT have always remained the Gospels. That Muslims have come up to deny them does not change anything. YOU babs787 have said that the Injil of the Qur'an is lost; so your question here just loses its substance.

babs787:

It is your problem, I have provided detailed response to your infantile thinking. You only need to go there and grab

babs, where are the TORAH, INJIL, and PSALMS of your Qur'an?  cool
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 2:41am On May 16, 2007
babs787:

You asked this question on an earlier thread and you were duly answered. Stop recycling "questions", it makes you look like a hypocrite!

Stop avoiding questions: where are allah's lost books? Could he have hidden them under the ka'aba?
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by babs787(m): 1:02pm On May 16, 2007
@Gwaine

The Gospels in the NT have always remained the Gospels. That Muslims have come up to deny them does not change anything. YOU babs787 have said that the Injil of the Qur'an is lost; so your question here just loses its substance.

Brother, it is very unfortunate that you are still denying the glaring truth about the Gospels. The Gospel in existence is not the original message given to Jesus.

Four gospels composed by men were chosen by Athanasius, a fourth century bishop to replace the lost gospel of jesus Christ (The New Encyclopedia Britannica, vol. 14, page 814)

Also in the mid-4th century manuscript called Codex Sinaiticus, the Letter of Barnabas and the Shepherd of Hermas are included as a part of the New Testament (The New Encyclopedia Britannica, vol. 14, page 814)

‘The Five Gospels’ is a 550 page book containing translations of the gospels of Mathew, mark, luke and john. It was the result of a six year study by 24 Christian scholars from a number of Western Universities. They decided to produce a translation of the gospel which would be uncoloured by the translator’s personal faith. It was decided that this translation was to give the reader an honest picture of what Jesus truly aid. They scanned the text for the words of Jesus and collect an index of over 1,500 such sayings. They then tested the validity of each of these sayings one at a time to see whether Jesus truly said each one. Then they produced a fresh translation, colour-coded to show authentic Jesuit sayings and those of an unreliable nature. Their conclusion was:

‘82% of the words ascribed to Jesus in the gospels were not actually spoken by him’

O Culman in his book ‘The New Testament’ (Le Nouvea Testament, 1967) says of this that the evangelists were only the ‘spokesmen of the early Christian community which write down the oral tradition. For of 40 years, the gospel had existed as an almost exclusively oral tradition: the latter only transmitted sayings and isolated narratives. The evangelists strung them together, each in his own way according to his own character and theological preoccupations. They linked up the narrations and sayings handed down by the prevailing tradition. The grouping of jesus’ sayings and likewise the sequence of narratives is made by the use of fairly vague linking phrases such as, ‘after this’, ‘when he had’ etc. in other words, the ‘framework’ of the synoptic gospels is of a purely literary order and is not based on hsitory’.

Father Kannengiesser, a reknowned author says: the gospels ‘are not to be taken literaly’, they are ‘writings suited to an occasion’ or ‘combat writings’. Their authors ‘are writing down the traditions of their own community concerning Jesus’.

The gospels are texts which ‘are suitable for various circles, meet the needs of the church, explain observations on on the scriptures, correct errors and even, on occasion, answer adversaries’ objections. Thus, the evangelists, each according to his own outlook, have collected and recorded in writing the material given to them by the oral tradition; (Ecumenical Translation of the Bible)

babs, where are the TORAH, INJIL, and PSALMS of your Qur'an?

I have asked your brother and I am now asking you now, what do the Torah, Injil and the Psalm contain?

Cheers.
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by nossycheek(f): 2:40pm On May 16, 2007
The torah, Injil and Psalms of the qur'an do not exist, they are only laying claims to stories copied from the Bible to give support and credibility to their islam
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by babs787(m): 3:45pm On May 16, 2007
@all

I can see that we have been repeating same thing over and over again and as result, I am quitting for you but will be on Islamic threads but that doesnt mean that I will not be contributing whenever you post any lie as you are well known for.

I sing out and I leave you in peace

grin grin grin grin
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by TellyB(m): 10:54pm On May 17, 2007
babs787:

I can see that we have been repeating same thing over and over again

I was wondering that most of your questions have been recycled one too many times.
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by babs787(m): 9:16am On May 18, 2007
@Telly B

I was wondering that most of your questions have been recycled one too many times.

You are free to rebut my post up about the incompleteness of your bible. You brothers caused the reason for my re-posting same.
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by TellyB(m): 9:42am On May 18, 2007
babs787:

You are free to rebut my post up about the incompleteness of your bible.

That question has been put to rest, and soundly too by a few reasoning people on the Forum, especially stimulus. You may not agree with him, and no one forces you to; but he also has soundly highlighted the fact that the missing books of the Qur'an makes it by far an incomplete book.

Meanwhile, do you care to please go to the several questions I left for your attention and address them without your usual drama? Thanks.

babs787:

You brothers caused the reason for my re-posting same.

Because there's hardly anything else you have to plagiarize from your websites, no??
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by babs787(m): 10:26am On May 18, 2007
@Telly B

Quote from: babs787 on Today at 09:16:43 AM
You are free to rebut my post up about the incompleteness of your bible.

That question has been put to rest, and soundly too by a few reasoning people on the Forum, especially stimulus. You may not agree with him, and no one forces you to; but he also has soundly highlighted the fact that the missing books of the Qur'an makes it by far an incomplete book.

Can you put the above to rest?

Meanwhile, do you care to please go to the several questions I left for your attention and address them without your usual drama? Thanks.

You have been the one deceiving yourself and ignoring my questions.

Quote from: babs787 on Today at 09:16:43 AM
You brothers caused the reason for my re-posting same.

Because there's hardly anything else you have to plagiarize from your websites, no??

Really, I have lots to post in which you will never be able to refut, have you been able to refute the contradictions and other issues?
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by TellyB(m): 11:06am On May 18, 2007
@babs787,

babs787:

Can you put the above to rest?

I haven't seen your rebuttal of the claim you made that your Torah is lost.

babs787:

You have been the one deceiving yourself and ignoring my questions.

Thanks. My questions haven't been answered.

babs787:

Really, I have lots to post in which you will never be able to refut, have you been able to refute the contradictions and other issues?

I have loads for your reading pleasure as well. Have you answered the ones I offered??
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by TellyB(m): 11:27am On May 18, 2007
@babs787,

babs787:

Four gospels composed by men were chosen by Athanasius, a fourth century bishop to replace the lost gospel of jesus Christ (The New Encyclopedia Britannica, vol. 14, page 814)

There are a few questions that arise from your response:

#1. How many were the lost Gospels?

#2. Who were the writers of the lost Gospels?

#3. When were those lost Gospels written?

#4. What did the lost Gospels say or teach?

#5. How did they agree or disagree with the Gospels of the NT?

#6. How did they agree or disagree with the Qur'an?

#7. Who had read those lost Gospels before they disappeared without a single trace?

#8. What did the lost Gospels teach about Muhammad and Islam?

#9. What does the Qur'an say about the lost Gospels?

#10. Which Gospels were used by Muhammad before they got lost?

#11. How long was it before and/or after the 'loss' that the extant Gospels of the NT appeared?

If you can find answers to all these questions (without your usual skits of dodging them) from any of the sources you quoted, then you will understand what is wrong in recycling materials that have no basis. These are just a few of the 165 questions I have for those who bring up such backdoor assertions without scholarly knowledge; not to mention that they find their way into the media!!
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by chatykrew(m): 3:08pm On May 18, 2007
hii babs

u try! try again and again. from what u have been saying u seem to be sure of wat u write but how about the answers u dont try to give?

i was intrigued by ur "bible contradictory" theory. well i dont seem to pull or push but simply this

since u believe that the bible contradicts itself and u hav check the sites given to u by people like somze etc and u dont think is correct, then please kindly give a good answer to telly b's qustions

#7. Who had read those lost Gospels before they disappeared without a single trace?

#11. How long was it before and/or after the 'loss' that the extant Gospels of the NT appear?

then if u can reliable give answers to the above then your first questions on bible contradicttion will greatly be answered,

@Telly B
Your questions are quite tot provoking and intriguing. take care lets encourage babs to answer this and then solutions will be found by him and lets help him STICK to this questions and answer them
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by TellyB(m): 3:20pm On May 18, 2007
chatykrew:

@Telly B
Your questions are quite tot provoking and intriguing. take care lets encourage babs to answer this and then solutions will be found by him and lets help him STICK to this questions and answer them

Okay. Thanks for that.  cheesy

I actually offered him those questions to make him see (if he would at all) that the article he has often been recycling have no basis at all. If he cares to check the very same sources that he quoted, then he would see the difference. And that is the reason why I will not stoop to the level of name-calling and have decided to stick with the issues on the threads.

Cheers.
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by babs787(m): 4:57pm On May 18, 2007
@Telly B & chatycrew

I will use just a question to reply your question. Are you still saying the gospel in existence is the same as the one given to Jesus?

So when you supply the answer, we move forward from there
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by TellyB(m): 5:18pm On May 18, 2007
@babs787,

My questions are to make you think about what you posted in response to the very same tired old questions you keep recycling. If you can't answer EVEN ONE, please say so. Answer one, answer all. If you have anything afterwards, then you can either discuss it, or keep repeating yourself.

Can you please answer the questions above in response to the post I quoted from you??
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by somze(f): 8:37am On May 19, 2007
@babs787
Why do you skip questions? Kindly answer the questions?
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by chatykrew(m): 3:42pm On May 23, 2007
hi babs

thanks
but please just answer this questions by telly, i was looking forward to your reply since the wekend cos we had some PHCN problem. pleeessssssssssssssssssssssssszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz kindly answer tellyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy grin grin grin

#11. How long was it before and/or after the 'loss' that the extant Gospels of the NT appear?

Thanks! I know u will be able to give us. take care
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by thesilent1(m): 3:55pm On May 23, 2007
oya, se efe gbo nkon?

ejo, efi bobo yin le. Ko mo!!!! simple and short
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by TellyB(m): 4:08pm On May 23, 2007
Make una give am time. Sometimes, there are faults in online connections in certain areas; so I trust he would be back soon. smiley

I also was looking forward to what he had to say; but I'll just have to be patient.
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Horus(m): 5:54pm On May 26, 2007
Contradictions of Luke
The Book of Acts was written by Luke who was never a companion of Jesus, but a Gentile.

His Inconsistencies
If you break the law or disobey the Holy Spirit you are a sinner. (Mark 3:29) All that believe have sins of the laws of Moses taken away. (Acts 13:39)
Luke says Satan entered into Judas before the supper. (Luke 22:3, 4, 7) Satan entered Judas during the last supper. (John 13:27)
Luke says Judas fell from a cliff and died. (Acts 1:18) Matthew says Judas hanged himself. (Matthew 27:5)
Luke says Judas purchased the potter’s field. (Acts 1:18) Matthew says the chief priests purchased the potters. (Matthew 27:6, 7).
More than three women came to the sepulchre. (Luke 24:10) Just three women came to the sepulchre says Mark. (Mark 16:1)
Two men stood by the sepulchre says Luke. (Luke 24:4) Only one man sat beside the sepulchre says Matthew. (Matthew 28:2-3)
Luke said that Salah was the son of Cainan. (Luke 3:35, 36) Salah was the son of Arphaxad. (Genesis 11:12)
The infant Christ was not taken to Egypt. (Luke 2:22, 39) The infant Christ was taken into Egypt. (Matthew 2:14, 15, 19, 21, 23)
Christ’s first sermon was in the plain. (Luke 6:17, 20) Christ preached his first sermon on the mount. (Matthew 5: 1, 2).
Luke says that it was one blind man that approached Jesus. (Luke 18:35, 38) Matthew reports two blind men approached Jesus. (Matthew 20:30)

What it all boils down to, Luke wrote the Book of Acts to verify Paul’s “calling.” He contradicts the events of the “calling” three times. It’s in the bible in black and white. Luke’s words are not to be trusted. He wrote his own opinions of what actually took place during Jesus’ ministry. Dates confirm that the Book of Acts was written twenty-seven years after the alleged crucifixion. The book of Luke was written twenty-five years after that.
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by candylips(m): 10:07am On Jun 30, 2009
smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jesus Definitely Sold Some Stuff - Joagbaje Please Explain / 10hrs Of Praying In Tongues / What Is White Wedding And Is It Biblical?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.